(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Any mommy experiencing baby not kicking for long period of time? Currently my wife is at week 23. Kind of worried cos since she woke up this morning and still don't feel any baby kicking.

Sleep on the left to give more space for bb and I will feel her kicks.... Or sometimes, sit on sofa with cushion behind my back will feel her kick.... I will also call my bb and ask her to respond by kicking.

Hi Mummies,

I'm at my 27th weeks. Understand that the best sleeping position is on the left and to avoid sleeping on the back. I tried sleeping on my left but felt a pressure on my left stomach. Hence I placed another pillow on top of the existing one and sleep on my back. It felt more comfortable but I'm worried that it may hurt my baby by sleeping on my back.

Kindly share. Thanks!

i am sleeping on my left. with a bolster between my legs. feels ok. :)

try not to sleep on ur back especially as pregnancy advances

Extracted from http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x1047808/is-it-safe-to-sleep-on-my-back-now-that-im-pregnant

"But as your womb (uterus) gets heavier in the second trimester, it's best to lie on your side, ideally your left side. After 16 weeks of pregnancy, sleeping on your back isn't such a good idea. That's because your baby is pressing on the vein that returns blood from your lower body to your heart."

Hi Mummies,

I'm at my 27th weeks. Understand that the best sleeping position is on the left and to avoid sleeping on the back. I tried sleeping on my left but felt a pressure on my left stomach. Hence I placed another pillow on top of the existing one and sleep on my back. It felt more comfortable but I'm worried that it may hurt my baby by sleeping on my back.

Kindly share. Thanks!

i am sleeping on my left. with a bolster between my legs. feels ok. :)

try not to sleep on ur back especially as pregnancy advances

Extracted from http://www.babycentre.co.uk/x1047808/is-it-safe-to-sleep-on-my-back-now-that-im-pregnant

"But as your womb (uterus) gets heavier in the second trimester, it's best to lie on your side, ideally your left side. After 16 weeks of pregnancy, sleeping on your back isn't such a good idea. That's because your baby is pressing on the vein that returns blood from your lower body to your heart."

I've checked with my gynae . Left or right doesnt matter. Just not on the back . Went for Antenatal class yesterday and also was informed left or right doesnt matter.

Any mummies having varicose veins already? Have been feeling aching in my calf these few days. today woke up and shock to see I'm having some in left calf :(:(. Any recommendations what to do?

Any mummies having varicose veins already? Have been feeling aching in my calf these few days. today woke up and shock to see I'm having some in left calf :(:(. Any recommendations what to do?

Your calf swollen? And very painful? If it is, better call clinic immedately and ask. I had my check up yesterday, and ask my gynea about my swollen feet and ankle. He said its water retention but if calf starts to feel painful and redness, must inform him immediately. He said that maybe case of blocked veins. Hope yours not serious. Just call the gynea tomorrow if your pain persists, just in case.

Hi Mummies,

I know it is unhealthy to eat fast food during pregnancy but I keep having craving for Mac Donald's cheeseburger and french fries.

Do you all take fast food too? If so, how often? Thanks!

Hi mummies,

Just to share.

I did my checkup yesterday. I am surprise that the scan was quite. Gynea checked the head size, thigh bone, heartbeat and calculate the weight. Didn't manage to scan her face cause she is facing down. A little disappointed but I hope to see her next scan again.

She is now around 918g and I am around 65kg now. He said I am in right range but asked me not to overeat too much. Urine test is normal. Cause my mum has diabetes and high blood pressure. So he advise to eat healthy but dun overeat. I will be doing blood test in 3 weeks time for sugar level.

I also asked why one feet is more swollen than another one. He can't explain but he did press my calf and ankle and said should be water retention. But ask me to watch out if calf starts to get redness and painful. If that happens, must inform him. Cause he worried it will be clot veins. I tried to raise my feet when I get home and ask my hubby to msg my feet. The swollen seems slightly better.

Hope everything will go smoothly for us. And likewise for all mummies out there. We have another 3 months plus to go. We can do it. And see our bb soon.

I've checked with my gynae . Left or right doesnt matter. Just not on the back . Went for Antenatal class yesterday and also was informed left or right doesnt matter.

If you sleep on your left, you have lesser heartburn too, that's why sleeping left has additional benefits :) But yeah no sleeping on your back, you're really going to feel the pressure when baby gets heavier. Very bad for mummy in long term.

Hi Mummies,

I know it is unhealthy to eat fast food during pregnancy but I keep having craving for Mac Donald's cheeseburger and french fries.

I have cravings for hot dogs and ham, which is equally bad or worse :p Maybe low blood sugar, your body looking for quick fixes so you end up craving high fat/sugar stuff. Snack more often, keep healthy things like trail mix in easy reach.

Faith&Hope0902 said:
Your calf swollen? And very painful? If it is, better call clinic immedately and ask. I had my check up yesterday, and ask my gynea about my swollen feet and ankle. He said its water retention but if calf starts to feel painful and redness, must inform him immediately. He said that maybe case of blocked veins. Hope yours not serious. Just call the gynea tomorrow if your pain persists, just in case.

Nope. Not swollen. And I realized after I walked ard a bit the aches went away. And no redness either

any mummies have good brand of compression stockings to intro ?? i bought 1 form Spring Maternity last week and i'm suffering in it. I know it's meant to be tight (as advised by the sales person..she even got me a size bigger) . and the type i got is a full stocking type. Anyone knows where can i get those socks like ??

any mummies have good brand of compression stockings to intro ?? i bought 1 form Spring Maternity last week and i'm suffering in it. I know it's meant to be tight (as advised by the sales person..she even got me a size bigger) . and the type i got is a full stocking type. Anyone knows where can i get those socks like ??
My gynae told me to get them too cos i am traveling end of the month just before i have to stop flying as i am approaching my 3rd trimester. When can i get the compression stocking?

I use scholl and phiten

I have cravings for hot dogs and ham, which is equally bad or worse :p Maybe low blood sugar, your body looking for quick fixes so you end up craving high fat/sugar stuff. Snack more often, keep healthy things like trail mix in easy reach.
Hi Mummies,

I eat mac almost everyday, I don't like Chinese food smell and don't eat vegi unless it's McDonald vegi tat comes with burger. And with mcspicy, papaya n guava help if I felt slight constipation. But my vitamins from kkh seems not causing constipation problem

any mummy notice the knock/kick from bb seem to be stronger now? that what my wife commented 2 days ago.

if you were to see the tummy... guess u be able to "see" the kick now also le... no doubt the kicks are stronger... was sharing this sighting with hubby the other day....

just sharing... this naughty boy can be such an angel to mummy at times... he was actively kicking when hubby was in the shower... mummy told boy boy wait for daddy, show him your kick... guess what? he stopped immediately and when daddy is back from shower, he really kick and show daddy.... daddy was like smiling... think the boy now can responds to us by his kick le... Daddy asking baby what soft toy he want.. Daddy listed a few options all no response... but when Daddy ask about puppy... the booy kicked... haha...

Anyway... any mummy out there suffering from leg cramps at night? Not that I don't suffer in the previous months... but just find recently quite bad... the occurrence is like nearer and nearer (used to be like once in a blue moon, but this month I already had leg cramps for at least 3 nights with 2 nights on both legs...) anything we can do to reduce the occurrence? any idea?

if you were to see the tummy... guess u be able to "see" the kick now also le... no doubt the kicks are stronger... was sharing this sighting with hubby the other day....

just sharing... this naughty boy can be such an angel to mummy at times... he was actively kicking when hubby was in the shower... mummy told boy boy wait for daddy, show him your kick... guess what? he stopped immediately and when daddy is back from shower, he really kick and show daddy.... daddy was like smiling... think the boy now can responds to us by his kick le... Daddy asking baby what soft toy he want.. Daddy listed a few options all no response... but when Daddy ask about puppy... the booy kicked... haha...

Anyway... any mummy out there suffering from leg cramps at night? Not that I don't suffer in the previous months... but just find recently quite bad... the occurrence is like nearer and nearer (used to be like once in a blue moon, but this month I already had leg cramps for at least 3 nights with 2 nights on both legs...) anything we can do to reduce the occurrence? any idea?

yours still listens to you. mine gal... told my hubby to place his hands on my belly and i told her kick for daddy to feel . she keep 'quiet' ..my hubby waited for a while and see no action so he removed his hands. next moment, she kicks . :confused:

yours still listens to you. mine gal... told my hubby to place his hands on my belly and i told her kick for daddy to feel . she keep 'quiet' ..my hubby waited for a while and see no action so he removed his hands. next moment, she kicks . :confused:

Haha! It is the same for my case also! Daddy wan feel... hand there... don't want to kick... Daddy hands off only... immediately action...

But that night dunno why this naughty angel listen to me... so guai... after that... haha... Daddy hands off only... he playing all over inside... Daddy hands on... he is like sleeping suddenly... as if Daddy hand got the power to make him sleep... =X if only this is true... even my MIL also say... baby dun like Daddy... haha...

Strong_seagull, have u been eating kangkong? I heard eating kangkong can cause leg cramp at night and it happened to me. After I found out, I don't eat kangkong anymore. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that information! But nope... not that it was out of my diet (MIL cook and got me to eat everything, she say now cannot be picky later BB also...) but definitely deduced... like once in a few weeks kind... will try to stop eating it for the rest of this journey and see how it goes... hope it helps! thanks Excited_Audrey, once again for the information!

Thanks for that information! But nope... not that it was out of my diet (MIL cook and got me to eat everything, she say now cannot be picky later BB also...) but definitely deduced... like once in a few weeks kind... will try to stop eating it for the rest of this journey and see how it goes... hope it helps! thanks Excited_Audrey, once again for the information!

actually its true for kang kong.. not being picky . cause certain things u eat not will give u trouble. in any case, what your bb eats in future also depends on what you feed him/her. can always train them from young not to be picky . my mum and aunt keep telling me certain things cannot eat if not i'll be the one to suffer and certain things can harm bb too. like watermelon , my mum said don eat cause when the bb is forming, the organs are very important. anything cooling can/might cause bb to have weaker lungs.

actually its true for kang kong.. not being picky . cause certain things u eat not will give u trouble. in any case, what your bb eats in future also depends on what you feed him/her. can always train them from young not to be picky . my mum and aunt keep telling me certain things cannot eat if not i'll be the one to suffer and certain things can harm bb too. like watermelon , my mum said don eat cause when the bb is forming, the organs are very important. anything cooling can/might cause bb to have weaker lungs.

Oops... I dunno what I been eating, seriously... (though I know some food like watermelon and pineapple is a big NO NO) cos MIL prepared she say can eat OK to eat then I eat... Hopefully BB gonna be OK...

do allow me to use this chance to rant a bit also... just got a little pissed by colleagues... esp. from certain country... they simply love touching the tummy even when you say no... it kind of I dunno how to express kind of feeling... it went to a stage one of my colleague was commenting that I am selfish... like seriously? this is more of protective than selfish in my view. Do any other mummies experience the same? How you all deal with it ar? I cannot imagine going on like this for the next 2 months plus...

Oops... I dunno what I been eating, seriously... (though I know some food like watermelon and pineapple is a big NO NO) cos MIL prepared she say can eat OK to eat then I eat... Hopefully BB gonna be OK...

do allow me to use this chance to rant a bit also... just got a little pissed by colleagues... esp. from certain country... they simply love touching the tummy even when you say no... it kind of I dunno how to express kind of feeling... it went to a stage one of my colleague was commenting that I am selfish... like seriously? this is more of protective than selfish in my view. Do any other mummies experience the same? How you all deal with it ar? I cannot imagine going on like this for the next 2 months plus...

eh how can they say u re selfish ???!!!!! :eek::eek: u have all the right to ur body, pregnant or not . u ask ur colleague back this question: does he/she allow others to anyhow touch them ?? no right ?? they have the right to say no so why cant u. if u talking about elderly then understandable.they tend to like to touch touch a bit. And the person touching you also don know what is call 'no' ? horrible

eh how can they say u re selfish ???!!!!! :eek::eek: u have all the right to ur body, pregnant or not . u ask ur colleague back this question: does he/she allow others to anyhow touch them ?? no right ?? they have the right to say no so why cant u. if u talking about elderly then understandable.they tend to like to touch touch a bit. And the person touching you also don know what is call 'no' ? horrible

I nv understand the culture of touching the body of a pregnant lady... like you mentioned... if it is elderly I am OK... but... haiz... and they are mothers themselves... they are really making me think twice about starting my ML just a week before my EDD... =[

I nv understand the culture of touching the body of a pregnant lady... like you mentioned... if it is elderly I am OK... but... haiz... and they are mothers themselves... they are really making me think twice about starting my ML just a week before my EDD... =[

I have a few colleagues who just found out that I am pregnant will also touch my belly. I felt uncomfortable also.
There was one auntie who is very rude. She came to me, point at my belly, then she speak to my belly and said "naughty girl". I think she is trying to be friendly with me but I dun like it lor. I just ignored the auntie. :mad::mad:

O not forgetting the same colleague who called me selfish coming over to my table every now and then and tell me... this one cannot eat, that one you cannot eat (i got some snacks on my table) my pantry auntie also the same... like what I eat also want to care.... and then tell me this one cannot that one cannot (basically is everything edible is considered cannot to the both of them) :mad::mad::mad:

O not forgetting the same colleague who called me selfish coming over to my table every now and then and tell me... this one cannot eat, that one you cannot eat (i got some snacks on my table) my pantry auntie also the same... like what I eat also want to care.... and then tell me this one cannot that one cannot (basically is everything edible is considered cannot to the both of them) :mad::mad::mad:

lol don know to say they are overly concern about you or just being KPO. Anyway just try to go for natural food..no chemicals.. no preservatives.. dry fruits and biscuits is ok. but im surprised the pantry auntie also comment.

I got the same stocking but I felt very comfortable after wearing it. My leg not so tired

Why not you just tell them with more touching will caused contraction and it's dangerous.

I did eat watermelon and pineapple everyday, Haiz.

lol don know to say they are overly concern about you or just being KPO. Anyway just try to go for natural food..no chemicals.. no preservatives.. dry fruits and biscuits is ok. but im surprised the pantry auntie also comment.

Yup DesperateMummyWannabe trying to take natural food... somehow just find their "concern" is too over le... crossing the line... haiz...

@1jia1 , that's a good one! shall try it... haha... dun worry about the baby... think is during the first tri recommended ba...

Back