Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

I went suntec bb fair during the weekend. All 3 pte cordblood companies were there. I spent 30min visiting each booth.
I was rather honest, told them upfront to do a comparison for me & to convince me why I should sign with them.
I decided on cordlife in the end.
Yup it's always the "what-if" factor.. Thinking back on my TTC journey, I also didn't expect I'd be the 10% who needs ivf. Now I've learnt that even if probability is very low, I will still play safe. Some type of money really shouldn't save, if I can still afford.. that's my personal view.

That's why both my hubby and I are standing in the middle of the sea right now.

Gal, you are banking cord blood only or cord tissues as well which are currently under clinical research and study?

Cordlife now got promo. Sign up for cordblood package, got free cord tissue storage also.
U can check out the mummy's market preorder where u purchase $800 voucher with $150. The details are there. I bought that.

Dear ladies, does anyone have any recommendations for breast pumps? Is it better to get a manual one or an electric one? I am thinking of home-use.
Saw a review on these brands: http://www.babycenter.com/best-breast-pump
Since they are not local-context, thus, am uncertain if it fits Asian woman. Wondering if it is better to buy it now or wait till delivery?

Brands/Models

Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breastpump

Cost: US$250

http://addalittlelove.com/

Philips Avent Comfort Double Electric Breast Pump

Cost: US$200

Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Double Electric Breast Pump

Cost:US$245 - $300
U can get a manual pump first to standby then decide u'd really need an electric pump later. It's wonderful to latch the baby and get the baby to latch often to establish ur initial supply. Enjoy the latch/bonding time. :)

Hi ladies, I'm returning to work next week n I do not know whether to buy another pump to place it at office (no need to carry extra bag) or bring my existing pump to n fro (bring extra hand carry bag)? What's ur advise?
I have one manual pump (standby in case electric pump fails) and two electric pumps, one for home and one for work. I only bring the milk home with ice pack in a cooler bag. Bringing all the pump parts and bottles to and fro is too tedious for me who takes MRT and bus. Depending on ur mode of travel to work, u need to consider ur load.

Dear ladies, any views on the choice of steriliser? Saw this review: http://sg.******************/the-best-sterilisers-in-the-market-shopping-guide-special/

Philips Advent
Pigeon Rapid Steam Sterilizer (For all bottle sizes)
Tommee Tippee
TollyJoy
MotherCare
I have the oblong Avent sterilizer and Pigeon multi-function sterilizer. Both are big enough to accommodate many bottles + my pump parts. I find the sterilizing cycle for Pigeon shorter. I also like the digital control board which indicates the temperature. The Avent sterilizer can only be re-activated again after it has cooled down so it's not possible to have two cycles of sterilizing one after another. It's turned on with a button.

just brought Cimilre Spectra 9+ Double inhaler set componented Electric PORTABLE Breast Pump. hope it is good

It's gd. I tend to get more milk from my 9+ than my freestyle.
For hospital grade pump I think the Spectra 1 will be the choice. But quite bulky

Dear ladies, does anyone know how to get vouchers for the upcoming Baby Expo Fair?
I only know the Aug SuperMom Fair offered vouchers that we could get at 15% disc to spend at the booths.
This oct fair doesn't sell vouchers. Only free $5 vouchers for every $30 we spend on preorders. The $5 vouchers is not for spending at the fair, it's for making purchases at their online shop only.

Any idea do we need to include electronic breast pump in the mummy bag when delivery? What else is important?

I have one manual pump (standby in case electric pump fails) and two electric pumps, one for home and one for work. I only bring the milk home with ice pack in a cooler bag. Bringing all the pump parts and bottles to and fro is too tedious for me who takes MRT and bus. Depending on ur mode of travel to work, u need to consider ur load.
I bought spectra 9+ during the last bb fair. Initially thought just buy 1 set first since I got avent single pump at home.
After trying 9+, woh... the milk flow is so much better. I went back to buy again on Sunday (last day of bb fair, the pump is so popular that it's out of stock!!! So sian..
Hopefully the coming bb fair will have good offer, so I don't need to bring to n fro. Even the 9+ is small n the bag looks like camera bag, still quite bulky n always knock onto others when taking train.

I bought spectra 9+ during the last bb fair. Initially thought just buy 1 set first since I got avent single pump at home.
After trying 9+, woh... the milk flow is so much better. I went back to buy again on Sunday (last day of bb fair, the pump is so popular that it's out of stock!!! So sian..
Hopefully the coming bb fair will have good offer, so I don't need to bring to n fro. Even the 9+ is small n the bag looks like camera bag, still quite bulky n always knock onto others when taking train.
U can try spectra M1 which is super portable. I haven't pop yet but already preordered one. My mummy colleagues are using that now at office.
Preorder for oct bb fair opens till tonight I think. I paid $211 (+free$35voucher + lotsa freebies).
ImageUploadedByForum1441498234.962490.jpg

Any idea do we need to include electronic breast pump in the mummy bag when delivery? What else is important?

Some pple think don't need. But I brought cuz for #1, I was v engorged. End up got to use the hospital one (SGH) and buy bottles from them to pump to release the milk.
For #2 (TMC), brought pump n bottles too n indeed I need to use cuz was engorged and bb couldn't suck. So pumped and ask nurse to feed via syringe..

Depends on ur delivery hospital. I realize SGH don't charge so much for additional items vs TMC. So things to be will be diff

I got mine from a spree at $254.60. Not sure how much the fair is selling. But if u r keen pm me and I pass u the seller contact.

Hi, if i am a private patient with nuh. Den nuh will only release after 1st trimester. I intend to transfer to sgh because its much closer. I want to go thru the subsidise route in sgh, can it be done? I have to go to polyclinic first is it?

I brought from carousell. Complete set with bag and delivery $200

If you don't want to bring, suggest to still charge up the batt & wash/sterilise the parts. Let hubby know where the pump bag is so that if required hubby can go home & get it if engorged. I didn't bring mine.

If you don't want to bring, suggest to still charge up the batt & wash/sterilise the parts. Let hubby know where the pump bag is so that if required hubby can go home & get it if engorged. I didn't bring mine.
was told to bring many pads as discharge will be heavy if nature birth?

I didn't bring but that is just me coz I didnt want to bother so much & just enjoy the birth days.

Don't think the hospital will charge you with significant mark up if they provide during the 3days there and how much will you use anyway - max 2 packets?

U can try spectra M1 which is super portable. I haven't pop yet but already preordered one. My mummy colleagues are using that now at office.
Preorder for oct bb fair opens till tonight I think. I paid $211 (+free$35voucher + lotsa freebies).
View attachment 570918

Thought of buying that too but was also out of stock. From what I see from the last fair, seems like quite a number of ppl prefer 9+ follow by spectra M1 and S1 was running low on stock.
For me I prefer something small n light easy for transportation. Me too lazy... Hopefully able to get better offer for this coming fair. :)

I brought from carousell. Complete set with bag and delivery $200
Woh... quite cheap. Will go in n take a look. :)

was told to bring many pads as discharge will be heavy if nature birth?
For me, I didn't brought pump as my hubby can always go back home n take if needed. (scare too heavy n too many things to bring back.) However, I did pack quite a bit of breast pad but the end, I didn't use any. (Low supply. Haha...) However, during my 1 day stay, I did saw few mummies have over flow of milk.
Think it's individual n no harm bring breast pads. U can ask ur hubby or family member to bring the pump later if necessary. ;p

Thought of buying that too but was also out of stock. From what I see from the last fair, seems like quite a number of ppl prefer 9+ follow by spectra M1 and S1 was running low on stock.
For me I prefer something small n light easy for transportation. Me too lazy... Hopefully able to get better offer for this coming fair. :)

Woh... quite cheap. Will go in n take a look. :)
look out for user : bear2kitty is u getting.

Dear ladies, any recommendation for a good but not too expensive stroller for newborns? My friend got Combi and it costed her $500 which is quite an amount to me. There are other brands like Graco, Taiwan brand like Puku, Mothercare and so on. Getting a bit lost in selection as they all look so good online. Is Baby Hybermart or Baby Kingdom, or Cheong Choon good places to get? I saw from online that the 2 megamarts maybe pricey as well, but I am not so sure. Any advice would be great!

Dear ladies, I had Gestational Diabetes at the last blood test, but my Dr didn't advise me to get the finger prick machine to do check daily, although the clinic nurse said that usually for my case, the Dr would do so. I don't feel like asking my Dr on this since he didn't ask me to do so. Just wondering if anyone has similar experience?

Dear ladies, AXA has been quite aggressive with their advertisement but I wonder if their insurance plans are really good. I received this brochure on Mum's Advantage from an agent, https://www.axa.com.sg/pdf/our_solu...advantage/mums_advantage_brochure_english.pdf
It is supposed to cover 18 congenital illnesses and 10 pregnancy complications. I don't have further information on the premiums as the agent was pushing for meet-ups when I had just wanted information only at this juncture. Any views?

Dear ladies, any recommendation for a good but not too expensive stroller for newborns? My friend got Combi and it costed her $500 which is quite an amount to me. There are other brands like Graco, Taiwan brand like Puku, Mothercare and so on. Getting a bit lost in selection as they all look so good online. Is Baby Hybermart or Baby Kingdom, or Cheong Choon good places to get? I saw from online that the 2 megamarts maybe pricey as well, but I am not so sure. Any advice would be great!

For me, I will only get the stroller after bb is born as this item is one of my heavy investments. Scally, buy already my LO don`t like it then money is wasted... Maybe, I would consider to buy as preloved item.

Dear ladies, I had Gestational Diabetes at the last blood test, but my Dr didn't advise me to get the finger prick machine to do check daily, although the clinic nurse said that usually for my case, the Dr would do so. I don't feel like asking my Dr on this since he didn't ask me to do so. Just wondering if anyone has similar experience?

I also have GD and was referred to ODAC at KK to learn on nutrition and how to use the machine.

Perhaps the level is not high enough to warrant a daily prick test? I had GD also but mild one which was controlled with diet. Watch your diet for now and wait for nx apptment. He may do another blood test.

Perhaps the level is not high enough to warrant a daily prick test? I had GD also but mild one which was controlled with diet. Watch your diet for now and wait for nx apptment. He may do another blood test.

May I ask, once after the result is out for GD, be it positive or negative, how Will they inform you?

Dear ladies, AXA has been quite aggressive with their advertisement but I wonder if their insurance plans are really good. I received this brochure on Mum's Advantage from an agent, https://www.axa.com.sg/pdf/our_solu...advantage/mums_advantage_brochure_english.pdf
It is supposed to cover 18 congenital illnesses and 10 pregnancy complications. I don't have further information on the premiums as the agent was pushing for meet-ups when I had just wanted information only at this juncture. Any views?
So far only AIA covers ivf pregnancies.

Axa covers at double the normal premium price... For 3 yrs the 1-off premium if I rem correctly is $600+... And u have to get another product to go with this... From what I gathered, the main diff is... For Aia u must buy with the investment... But Axa allow u to choose what u prefer... But after baby born... U need to buy another policy for baby with them...

The list won't end :)

My take is set your budget and then work out what strollers at that price range fits your needs - one hand fold? Light if you need to take bus alone w baby often (as you need to fold the pram)? Spacious as you want baby to sleep in it often while you and papa go out to malls etc? If you drive, consider if pram can fit into boot? And can you carry it into boot alone as some prams can be up to 13-16kg? Need big basket if you go grocery shopping? Small folding if your house hasnt much space for storage... etc..

I believe there is no such thing as a perfect pram tho. So often you will hv to just buy the one that ticks off most of yr criteria and within yr budget.

Happy Pram shopping!

For me, I will only get the stroller after bb is born as this item is one of my heavy investments. Scally, buy already my LO don`t like it then money is wasted... Maybe, I would consider to buy as preloved item.

I see. That's wise. I was trying to buy most of the things needed from the October fair but will see how. Thank you.

I also have GD and was referred to ODAC at KK to learn on nutrition and how to use the machine.
Wow, so comprehensive. Thank you for sharing. My Dr at TMC, simply reiterates the results to me, after looking at my shocked face. How much is the machine and does it hurt? How long did you have to monitor? Need another test after that? Can't help but sianz with more testing.

Back