Recommend female gynae (private practice)

fred2010

Hi Mummies,

Please share any good affordable antenatal package, from a female gynae.

Appreciate if you can also share the actual costs upfront.

about 6wks along now, going back to my old gynae is too exp (her antenatal pck $1.6k but expected to increase this year).

Thanks.

Hi pixie ng,

Thanks for your reply.

No it's not.
This type of fees is at the premium range.
I found out a gynae at Parkway East who charge $1k for the antenatal package. That's a lot of difference.

And I know quite a number of the male gynaes packages are below $1k.

Anyway, just to share with those interested that Dr Esther Ng and Dr Kang Wee are not taking in new cases 'from now till next year'.
Knowing this, I wished their clinic assistants were better trained at handling such enquiries. Quite disappointed with the manner and tone in which they replied.

U can try dr heng - parkway east hospital.
Package starts from week 12 at $1000 (wef june 2015) includes consultation, scan, urine test, blood pressure and standard supplements like folic acid, calcium etc.

First consultation cost ard 200++.

The thing abt trying to get through to make appt for the first consultation can be very long. Once u know u are pregnant, can straight away call them as sometimes the earliest available appt can be ard 3 weeks from the call.

Hope this helps

Ladies, thanks for your replies.

I just had a first appointment with Dr Jasmine Mohd (TMC) and am quite happy with her. Her antenatal package start at 12weeks, $800 (consultation, scan, bt, bp, u/s, vits). It was my first time to TMC (my prev 2 were at pvt clinic) and the waiting time is quite reasonable (about 20mins).

I just had a first appointment with Dr Jasmine Mohd (TMC) and am quite happy with her. Her antenatal package start at 12weeks, $800 (consultation, scan, bt, bp, u/s, vits). It was my first time to TMC (my prev 2 were at pvt clinic) and the waiting time is quite reasonable (about 20mins).
Hi Fred2010, do you have the delivery package price for Dr Jasmine?

U can try dr heng - parkway east hospital.
Package starts from week 12 at $1000 (wef june 2015) includes consultation, scan, urine test, blood pressure and standard supplements like folic acid, calcium etc.

First consultation cost ard 200++.

The thing abt trying to get through to make appt for the first consultation can be very long. Once u know u are pregnant, can straight away call them as sometimes the earliest available appt can be ard 3 weeks from the call.

Hope this helps
May I know how much is her delivery charges? Thanks!

I'm wit Dr. Claudine Tan. Her package starts from 20 weeks onwards and is $980. I am switching to NUH to see Associate Professor Dr. Su Lin Lin from 22 weeks onwards though. Want to switch because Dr. Tan is with TMC and I want to deliver at a government hospital (so that in the event of pregnancy complications my baby and I can downgrade). Dr. Tan is nice and jovial but too bad for complications TMC will still transfer to the govt hospitals so I decided to switch now. My sis gave birth at NUH under subsidised scheme as she had complications. My niece has 1 functioning kidney only and her oscar test was not good. Ended up she had to have an amniocentesis as that time in 2003 there was no nipt. like Harmony test etc. Sis said NUH doctors and nurses are very caring and attentive so I decided to switch in case. And turn out during a scan last week my placenta at week 18 plus is still quite low and a bit to the side. Hopefully it will move up or haha *touch wood* I will have a pregnancy complication! Also I would likely choose elective c sect cos I have no tolerance for any pain. And when I compare Tmc prices with NUH, TMC 4 bedder is as expensive as NUH A class so I guess NUH is more worth it. Hopefully they won't put me in the high risk clinic at NUH... For NUH the Antenatal package start from $890 for senior consultant (Dr Su is a snr doc).

I'm wit Dr. Claudine Tan. Her package starts from 20 weeks onwards and is $980. I am switching to NUH to see Associate Professor Dr. Su Lin Lin from 22 weeks onwards though. Want to switch because Dr. Tan is with TMC and I want to deliver at a government hospital (so that in the event of pregnancy complications my baby and I can downgrade). Dr. Tan is nice and jovial but too bad for complications TMC will still transfer to the govt hospitals so I decided to switch now. My sis gave birth at NUH under subsidised scheme as she had complications. My niece has 1 functioning kidney only and her oscar test was not good. Ended up she had to have an amniocentesis as that time in 2003 there was no nipt. like Harmony test etc. Sis said NUH doctors and nurses are very caring and attentive so I decided to switch in case. And turn out during a scan last week my placenta at week 18 plus is still quite low and a bit to the side. Hopefully it will move up or haha *touch wood* I will have a pregnancy complication! Also I would likely choose elective c sect cos I have no tolerance for any pain. And when I compare Tmc prices with NUH, TMC 4 bedder is as expensive as NUH A class so I guess NUH is more worth it. Hopefully they won't put me in the high risk clinic at NUH... For NUH the Antenatal package start from $890 for senior consultant (Dr Su is a snr doc).

Hi! I was with dr claudine too! I was referred to another doctor at KKH due to some complcations too. But nw under kkh, im classified at private patient. R u able to be classified under e subsidized scheme when u r referred to NUH? How does it work?

Hi! I was with dr claudine too! I was referred to another doctor at KKH due to some complcations too. But nw under kkh, im classified at private patient. R u able to be classified under e subsidized scheme when u r referred to NUH? How does it work?

I was not referred out to NUH. I opted to transfer on my own accord just in case. If you want to be downgraded to subsidised you can ask KKH to do it for you. They will conduct a means testing for you and if you are eligible you can downgrade. I will be a private patient under NUH for the time being. If my doc thinks I will be reclassified as high risk then I will probably ask for a downgrade.

Talk to the nurses or patient service associates at kkh.

You can try Dr Goh Shen Li. Her clinic is at Mt Alvernia and she is able to deliver in Mt Alvernia / Mt E Novena / TMC.

I just delivered my girl 2 weeks back. From the beginning on my pregnancy till now, she is very reassuring and makes me feel very comfortable. I feel she's always there to answer my questions and queries even though she could have told me it's normal to have this at this point in time. For example, in my last trimester, my ankles were swelling pretty badly and when told about it, she assured me again and again that it's normal and I don't have to worry about pre-eclampsia as my BP was good. Being a mother herself allows her to understand how we feel during pregnancy. I find her very gentle as when she draw blood for test and when she's doing a VE towards the last weeks, there is no discomfort.

For her antenatal package, it's about $880 for 10 sessions. It includes a routine urine test, weight, BP reading, ultrasound and consultation.

Her contacts are on the clinic website - http://www.slgohclinic.com

Hello all mommies to be,

May I know any of you have tried Dr Irene Chua or Dr Jocelyn Wong? I have enquired their packages, price is a bit on the high side.
I am 7weeks pregnant and both doctors are not available for appointment until 1st week November. Therefore, clinic assistance referred me to Irene's partner Dr Jonathan Wee. I didn't hear much review about him, anyone has any feedbacks to share?
Appreciate it :)

Hi all,

I am currently 8weeks plus and wanted to find an experienced gynea as my present one don't do delivery now.

Considering Dr Fong Kah Leng, any mummies have reviews on her? Thanks

Can u share with me her delivery charges?

Back