IVF/ICSI Support Group

I placed a blasto during my previous cycle but it still failed..any idea what could be the reason? Chkup shows tt thingz r progressing well..jus duno y it failed..

I google and there are many gradings for blasto. If a blasto has a low grading it won't hatch out to inplant. western forum many girls transfer blasto but failed too so not all blasto are of good quality. Did your clinic give you the blasto grading? Another reason for failure is the embryo is chromosome abnormal and this cannot be seen through naked eyes.

Actually many ladies with 2 or 3 day transfer succeeded, and some with blastocysts like me failed. So sometimes I really wonder if it's better to just transfer embies earlier and let our womb take care of them. Well, such is IVF, lots of questions that are left unanswered. ...

My dr mentioned the womb is a better place to be in unless your embryo is very strong then it can do well in the lab environment.

My dr mentioned the womb is a better place to be in unless your embryo is very strong then it can do well in the lab environment.
I guess different doctors pitch differently. Dr loh from tmc advocates day 2 transfer where womb is e best place. Dr roland believes in blastocyst n frozen transfer. Kk normally practise day 2 transfer unless some kkh doctor specify maybi can proceed to blasto.

At e end of e day, maybe it all boils down to luck,quality of e sperm n egg n also condition of e womb.

Hate ttc ending with this route..although it is put to help us with science intervention but its making us so stress

My ER be tomorrow, 4 Sep morning. My last cycle before turns 40.
Success or failure, will not announce. Just feel great to enjoy the journey and also to know ladies here in this forum. All of you are great and supportive. Keep moving and the light be just ahead of us.

I tear when i saw the + sign appearing on the hpt. It has been sooooo long. (About 4 years of TTC period)

I went for BT this morning, HCG level is 260.

Let me sprinkle some baby dusts to all the ladies here. Jia you!!
Congratulations! I want to grab some of the baby dusts. I am going ET tomorrow!!!

My updates

22/8 CD2 Baseline scan:
Lining 5
Right small follicles
Left 8? 3?

28/8 SD4 Review scan:
Lining 3.5
Right 6, 6, 5
Left no growth

31/8 SD7 Review scan:
Lining 5.2
Right 11, 10.5, 9, 8, 7.5
Left no growth

3/9 SD10 Review scan:
Lining 8.5?
Right 16, 14.5, 14.5, 14? 15, 10
Left 15?? 11.5? 12? 14?

Still amazed by the development in my left ovary considering that there has been ZERO growth from the baseline scan till the 3rd scan. Seems that my left ovary is ultra hazy so all readings come with question marks. Trigger on Sat and ER on Mon.

Just wanna thanks all the lovely ladies in this forum for all the wonderful sharing n tips. Much appreciated!!

Last edited:
I did my OR this morning. Retrieved 17. But as my progesterone level is high= 10. My Dr said that I have to abandon this cycle. Will freeze my embbies & do FET in December. Any ladies out there with high progesterone? Any medthod/food to bring it down?
@cherylng.. Was wondering if it's estradiol or progesterone that ur doc was looking out for?

Cos I think for most of us, we had to "top up" progesterone through inserts and jabs

But read before that if estradiol (E2) reading shoots up suddenly prior to ER then it's not good.. And that'll be the one that the NUH patients have to measure every visit

Last edited:
My ER be tomorrow, 4 Sep morning. My last cycle before turns 40.
Success or failure, will not announce. Just feel great to enjoy the journey and also to know ladies here in this forum. All of you are great and supportive. Keep moving and the light be just ahead of us.
If you hv the means to, don't give up ok. Need not be ivf, let nature takes its course. All of here hope for the best for you!

Ladies, i had a chemical pregnancy m/c on 12th Aug with a week of bleeding. Today I'm having some brown spotting in the morning. Did anyone experience this post mc? Was it coz I did jogging and watch election rally last evening?

I guess different doctors pitch differently. Dr loh from tmc advocates day 2 transfer where womb is e best place. Dr roland believes in blastocyst n frozen transfer. Kk normally practise day 2 transfer unless some kkh doctor specify maybi can proceed to blasto.

At e end of e day, maybe it all boils down to luck,quality of e sperm n egg n also condition of e womb.

Hate ttc ending with this route..although it is put to help us with science intervention but its making us so stress
yon

Anyone heard of Morula stage day4, 1day before blastocyst ?

At least I'm not so worry now...
Hopefully they grow steadily... I keep eating eggs :p Anyone know how much folid acid we need to take daily? I take only 5mg, Izzit enof??

Having my first jab this morning @ NUH. Not so scary & painful. Baseline scanning: total 10 follicles & lining 4.5
Izzit consider ok for my age of 39?

Very good reading dear. Am also 39 but had just 2 follicles at baseline scan which also weren't growing at all until my 4th scan. I have moderately low AMH / reserve. I think you will have quite a fair bit of follicles with stim.

Folic acid 5mg is gd. That's what was supplied at KKH. Good luck!

Hi ladies, I have uneven foli size. 1@18, 1@15, 2@13 on day 8 of stim. Have been asked to go back for scan 3 days in a row. Is this a bad sign?

@cherylng.. Was wondering if it's estradiol or progesterone that ur doc was looking out for?

Cos I think for most of us, we had to "top up" progesterone through inserts and jabs

But read before that if estradiol (E2) reading shoots up suddenly prior to ER then it's not good.. And that'll be the one that the NUH patients have to measure every visit
Hmm. My progesterone level for my 1st BT at the start of stim was 5.0. That's why my Dr changed my regime. So I had orgalutron x3, then puregon, then orgalutron+puregon. The nurse was explaining to me that my high progesterone level indicated that the lining would be collapsing soon. True enough lor. My OR was on Monday. Can 'feel' that af will come anytime cos having stain le.
My 1st fresh ivf has been a short cycle that ended abruptly. Will continue to fight on for my yr end fet. Learnt a lot from u all. This is the only avenue that I can talk about my ivf journey. Thanks for the listening ear...
Lets all Jia you ⛽⛽ Fighting!!

What a day! Today is my scheduled ER for 2nd Fresh and my last as this month turns 40.
My hub very stress, last minute unable to produce his "swimmers". Called clinic, got extension an hour to report. Now, still unable. My hub do not know how to eject out on his own. Sigh. Think, cycle may need to be abundant. Sigh. Now am rushing to clinic. Shall see what they says. Sad.

What a day! Today is my scheduled ER for 2nd Fresh and my last as this month turns 40.
My hub very stress, last minute unable to produce his "swimmers". Called clinic, got extension an hour to report. Now, still unable. My hub do not know how to eject out on his own. Sigh. Think, cycle may need to be abundant. Sigh. Now am rushing to clinic. Shall see what they says. Sad.
Hi teddy75, there's a private room at sperm submission department with beautiful pictures for men to fantasize with a private toilet. Hope it works!!! Don't worry ok

Hi teddy75, there's a private room at sperm submission department with beautiful pictures for men to fantasize with a private toilet. Hope it works!!! Don't worry ok
Thank you. Luckily hub able to produce his sperm on time during my OPU. Nurse told home go home to try, familiar environment easier to produce. Just finished the ER at 1300. Retrieve 6 mature follicles. Transfer on Mon

Actually many ladies with 2 or 3 day transfer succeeded, and some with blastocysts like me failed. So sometimes I really wonder if it's better to just transfer embies earlier and let our womb take care of them. Well, such is IVF, lots of questions that are left unanswered. ...
Yeap....it's a 40% chance of success...? guess many many things can happen :( If only it's 100% guaranteed. woohoo

Hello sisters,

I did my transfer this morning. Put in two 8-cells embryos - one Grade 1 and one Grade 2. So now I am in 2ww... Need to go blood test on Monday morning to monitor my HCG and then pregnancy test on the 17th. Hoping for the best outcome!

Hello sisters,

I did my transfer this morning. Put in two 8-cells embryos - one Grade 1 and one Grade 2. So now I am in 2ww... Need to go blood test on Monday morning to monitor my HCG and then pregnancy test on the 17th. Hoping for the best outcome!
What HCG are they monitoring id i may ask?

Hello sisters,

Good luck!

Oh! When you had your FET? So r u in ur 2ww now?
Hi xiuwenx, had fet on thurs noon, only 1 embryo day 4 morula stage transferred, another 1 not growing to optimal size so hv to say bye bye, the morula photo got a black spot, I ask my hubby why look like chao tah, is it the oven overcook it haha, currently in 2ww, not holding high hope... Hope is a super fighter...

Hi Ladies, im new to this thread. I have failed 2 rounds of iui ( 1 natural & 1 on clomid) at NUH. Im confused as to whether i should try 1-2 more cycles of iui or just move to ivf.My hubby & i have no issues.Hope you ladies can advise me so i can make a decision.

Hi Ladies, im new to this thread. I have failed 2 rounds of iui ( 1 natural & 1 on clomid) at NUH. Im confused as to whether i should try 1-2 more cycles of iui or just move to ivf.My hubby & i have no issues.Hope you ladies can advise me so i can make a decision.

Hi wedelia,

Wd u mind sharing yr age and yr Dr's recommendation? If govt subsidies is a consideration, then there may be more urgency for IVF if you r nearing 40.

Welcome bk dear. Hope ur doing ok. If i were u I'd try a final iui round before ivf. Good luck

I will try iui and natural ttc if i will you,since u 2 dun have problems. Iui is less invasive than ivf for e body

Any sisters experienced this - biggest follicles at last scan is less than 18 but was asked to trigger 1-2 days later?
I have read that min size for trigger is 18. Thurs, I had my scan and my biggest follicle is 16 only, the rest range from 15-10. Was told to jab another 2 days till tdy. This morning, went for my progesterone blood test @ KKH but no more scanning le.
I wonder why they push for trigger when I don't have any follicles 18 in size?
Now feeling quite uneasy becos don't know if follicles got any growth? Previously no growth on left ovary from baseline till 3rd scan. Worried later on Monday (ER) will have any rude shock...

Any sisters experienced this - biggest follicles at last scan is less than 18 but was asked to trigger 1-2 days later?
I have read that min size for trigger is 18. Thurs, I had my scan and my biggest follicle is 16 only, the rest range from 15-10. Was told to jab another 2 days till tdy. This morning, went for my progesterone blood test @ KKH but no more scanning le.
I wonder why they push for trigger when I don't have any follicles 18 in size?
Now feeling quite uneasy becos don't know if follicles got any growth? Previously no growth on left ovary from baseline till 3rd scan. Worried later on Monday (ER) will have any rude shock...

Hi, I'm also in the same situation as u. The biggest follicles i had on last thurs was 14 and instructed to do 2 more injections and then trigger on sat. No further scan. During the ER on following Monday, 6 eggs from 11 follicles are matured. I am not sure if triggering 1-2 day later may give better yield.. (Or on the other side, maybe result in too much over matured eggs)
As it was over the weekend, I'm not sure is it because KKIVF center is not opened on Sunday for Bt for progesterone, hence push for a trigger on Saturday as they are open half day.

I'm happy there's some mature eggs for fertilization. Think we have to trust our doc so we won't stress ourself by worrying too much. So hope for the best for u too!!! :)

Back