IVF/ICSI Support Group

Wondersss, like you i miscarried in july. Lightly spotted since last friday till yesterday. No sign of menses. I did call clinic and checked, they mentioned for my case it shld be fine, unless it continues spotting again. How about calling your clinic to check ?
Hi jewelbox, thanks for the reply. have your spotting stopped? I check with some of my friends before and they say is normal our cycle will haywired after mc. I will be going to see Dr Tan this coming friday and seek for his advise.

@wondersss , i think our hormones need time to return back to normal post miscarriag. So, maybe u can monitor for few more months.
Bbelieve, thanks.. not sure need how long to make it regular...

Hello sisters,

I did my ER this morning. Retrieved 16 eggs in total. They said will let me know the result tomorrow and tell me when to do ET. Fingers crossed. I came home to rest and was in and out of sleep... So groggy now.

I have a business trip coming up in two weeks. Can we still travel?
Best not to...

Thalassemia might get twins???
I have thalassemia and is in simulation stage now. Have not heard from THH yet.
I think it could be that thalassemia is a blood disorder, not that it will get twins, but the risk is higher if you have twins...

Dear all - may I know roughly about when AF will arrive after my OR? I m not proceeding with ET cos of my high progesterone level...

Hi sisters,

I just received call from hospital that my ER is scheduled for this Friday morning. They asked if I want to put in 3 embryos because of my age and I said no. I worry I end up with twins which is going to cause me a lot of stress managing. So I asked to just put in two.

Hi sisters,

I just received call from hospital that my ER is scheduled for this Friday morning. They asked if I want to put in 3 embryos because of my age and I said no. I worry I end up with twins which is going to cause me a lot of stress managing. So I asked to just put in two.
Good luck koirc!

Hi, yes I remember you! 3 years and we "meet" again! Time flies huh!

Thanks and I just got the good news. I am scheduled for transfer this Friday morning!
Good luck! Are u taking 2 weeks HL? Jia you!
I am still spotting on and off but at least it's brown and not red... Really hopping for the best!

Hi sisters,

Nice! I so wish my doc would agree to let me transfer 2. Sad. In fact my doc didn't even want to take up my case unless I agree to 1 embryo transfer then he wrote this down on my case notes accordingly.

Even though with 2 embryos, there's a risk of having twins but likewise, there's also a possibility that none implanted or maybe 1 will.

What do you think abt this? Do you think I can insist on having 2 (if any) on the day of transfer itself??

Yes! After been thru so much emotionally and financially, i too feel that work is secondary now. In fact, everything seems so secondary to me now. U can just tell ur boss u had operation for women prob. Thatz why u got the 2 week HL. Due to some complication, doc advised that u rest longer to have a proper recovery, hence the 1 week mc. If they probe further, just say its hard to explain. Den just brush it off.
Yah I'm trying to brush it off. Baby is more important. Praying the spotting will Go away soon

@cherylng I think it will come when your AF is due.
Hi sisters,

Hmm. 1 lady said maybe it will come next month. But if it's when my AF is due, then maybe it's about 2 wks later.
All the best for your ER! Jia you ⛽⛽

I am still spotting on and off but at least it's brown and not red... Really hopping for the best!
Don't worry! The last IVF pregnancy, I was spotting till week 12 and at times saw blood too. I was very kiasu and kiasee then I went to A&E almost every week to get the support jab.

Nice! I so wish my doc would agree to let me transfer 2. Sad. In fact my doc didn't even want to take up my case unless I agree to 1 embryo transfer then he wrote this down on my case notes accordingly.

Even though with 2 embryos, there's a risk of having twins but likewise, there's also a possibility that none implanted or maybe 1 will.

What do you think abt this? Do you think I can insist on having 2 (if any) on the day of transfer itself??
What happens if you insist but then the doc call off the transfer? But I am surprised. this is the 1st time i've heard a doc insisting to 1 embryo transfer. Is it due to any health issue of yours? Which hospital are you from?

You can always I insist since the decision-maker are you and your hub. Doc only provide professional advice. Not to think too much la. When fayed be yours, will definitely be yours and not change much the outcome. Just stick to your own instinct.

Hi sisters,

Good luck, koirc! hope to grab baby dust from you soon!

I tear when i saw the + sign appearing on the hpt. It has been sooooo long. (About 4 years of TTC period)

I went for BT this morning, HCG level is 260.

Let me sprinkle some baby dusts to all the ladies here. Jia you!!
huat ah!!! take very good care of yourself, GreenTeaLatte!!!

Hi dear, I don't have Thalassemia however, I faced the same issue as you as my doc is adamant about transferring only one embryo regardless of the yields. Reason given same like urs - body won't be able to handle twins due to my medical history. Am feeling quite bumped too. To me, it's about probability hence putting in 2 equates to having 2 chances. Sadly, my doc doesn't agree with me
Hi thanks for replying. My case was because in my discussion w my Dr on how many to transfer, he suddenly asked me to go get myself checked for Thalassemia. This freaked me out cos' all these while nothing came out for me that I need to get checked until now. I've low haemoglobin n so was worried I couldn't carry twins n so sought his opinion. I'm not sure what your medical history you hv, but you should check with him what possible complications could happen if u get twins. If really cannot, then don't risk it. Put in one, and if not successful, you can still do an FET the next few cycles. Most important is for mummy n baby to be safe and healthy.

Thalassemia might get twins???
I have thalassemia and is in simulation stage now. Have not heard from THH yet.
It's not that have Thalassemia will get twins. Did you get your hubby to test for Thalassemia too? Like towkayneo said, this is a blood disorder. I presume you are a Thalassemia minor. If your hubby doesn't have this, it's ok. Just when you are pregnant or carrying twins, you might need extra folic acid. I'm also new in this area. Just went for my blood test this morning. Hope it'd come back -ve.

What happens if you insist but then the doc call off the transfer? But I am surprised. this is the 1st time i've heard a doc insisting to 1 embryo transfer. Is it due to any health issue of yours? Which hospital are you from?

Ya, I think my doc will either call off the procedure or pass my case to his colleagues. Its becos of my medical history thus very high risks if pregnant with twins. Even with 1, also considered high risk pregnancy.

Am with kkh, was told that patient safety is top priority and my doc didn't want anything bad to happen and put kkivf in a negative light (his words).

I guess I will try asking on the day of transfer if I actually have more than 1 fertilised embryo. But if the answer is no then I prob won't insist or kick up a din. My transfer will be complex and I will require sedation so prefer to be in more experienced hands.

Dear all - may I know roughly about when AF will arrive after my OR? I m not proceeding with ET cos of my high progesterone level...

I read in forums previously that some ladies get AF around 10 days after ER if no ET is done.

Actually I'll also not be doing ET after ER for this round. After 2 failed fresh and 1 failed FET, Dr wants to try ET 2 AF cycles after the ER, for the body to be cleared of medication first.

But this plan is making me so nervous.

I tear when i saw the + sign appearing on the hpt. It has been sooooo long. (About 4 years of TTC period)

I went for BT this morning, HCG level is 260.

Let me sprinkle some baby dusts to all the ladies here. Jia you!!
Congrats!! U take care!! I hope to grab a lot a lot of your baby dust!!

Don't worry! The last IVF pregnancy, I was spotting till week 12 and at times saw blood too. I was very kiasu and kiasee then I went to A&E almost every week to get the support jab.

Same here... Been spotting almost daily during first tri, and 1-2 bleeding... Scare me to death...
And yes, I jus go A&E to check it out and get jabs..

Thus been having weekly jabs every week from week7/8 onwards...
Other than resting and not working..

Now in 2nd tri, didn't see spotting.. (Cross fingers)

Same here... Been spotting almost daily during first tri, and 1-2 bleeding... Scare me to death...
And yes, I jus go A&E to check it out and get jabs..

Thus been having weekly jabs every week from week7/8 onwards...
Other than resting and not working..

Now in 2nd tri, didn't see spotting.. (Cross fingers)
Yes! it became a habit to keep going to the toilet to check for any heavy bleeding etc - quite depressing to hear the doc say "we cannot do anything about it except support jabs and bed rest"

Hi thanks for replying. My case was because in my discussion w my Dr on how many to transfer, he suddenly asked me to go get myself checked for Thalassemia. This freaked me out cos' all these while nothing came out for me that I need to get checked until now. I've low haemoglobin n so was worried I couldn't carry twins n so sought his opinion. I'm not sure what your medical history you hv, but you should check with him what possible complications could happen if u get twins. If really cannot, then don't risk it. Put in one, and if not successful, you can still do an FET the next few cycles. Most important is for mummy n baby to be safe and healthy.

For my case, was told of all the risks during first consultation. I actually switched to another doc at a later stage. I did Google and read up for more info... There are cases of women (with similar histories who went on to deliver their babies [I'm assuming all singletons] successfully).
Of course there are those with complications set in and they have to go for blood transfusion etc. The thing is nobody will know for sure becos these complications occurs during childbirth itself. I face the risks be it 1 or 2 babies but having twins increased the risks x 2.

Ya, I think my doc will either call off the procedure or pass my case to his colleagues. Its becos of my medical history thus very high risks if pregnant with twins. Even with 1, also considered high risk pregnancy.

Am with kkh, was told that patient safety is top priority and my doc didn't want anything bad to happen and put kkivf in a negative light (his words).

I guess I will try asking on the day of transfer if I actually have more than 1 fertilised embryo. But if the answer is no then I prob won't insist or kick up a din. My transfer will be complex and I will require sedation so prefer to be in more experienced hands.
hahaha, the next Q is...who is this doc? :p THH? ya, for normal pregnancies, twins are considered risky...i guess in this case, better follow doc's advice.
don't think he will pass your case to his colleagues, then his colleagues help you put in 2 embryos, then v funny right..

Tokayneo and Faith bb, thanks for the assurance! Will stay positive.
I'm curious, are both of you working now? How do u survive the first trimester? Took unpaid?

I read in forums previously that some ladies get AF around 10 days after ER if no ET is done.

Actually I'll also not be doing ET after ER for this round. After 2 failed fresh and 1 failed FET, Dr wants to try ET 2 AF cycles after the ER, for the body to be cleared of medication first.

Happy peanuts ,jiayou! Maybi this change of tactic will work for you. U have blastocyst,meaning yr embri quality should be good. Resting e womb n free of medication may be just e road to success. Stay relax. Jiayou!

Oh. Then I think I need to stand by the pad in my bag just in case
When is your ER? U r with which hospital?
Yah. I also quite anxious & nervous now. The embryologist will call me tmr morning to update the no. of embbies that will be going into the 'freezer'...

Tokayneo and Faith bb, thanks for the assurance! Will stay positive.
I'm curious, are both of you working now? How do u survive the first trimester? Took unpaid?
I'm on HL and most prob will clear my leaves and unpaid all the way.
I'm more extreme and kiasu as my work can be quite taxing and stressed-up.
:)

Happy peanuts ,jiayou! Maybi this change of tactic will work for you. U have blastocyst,meaning yr embri quality should be good. Resting e womb n free of medication may be just e road to success. Stay relax. Jiayou!

Connie hopeful,

Your memory is amazing. Thanks so much for your encouragement.

I started my previous cycles with hopes and positivism. Somehow for this one, I'm fearful and even more nervous than before. Probably because this may be our last attempt, so anxiety level is higher.

Oh. Then I think I need to stand by the pad in my bag just in case
When is your ER? U r with which hospital?
Yah. I also quite anxious & nervous now. The embryologist will call me tmr morning to update the no. of embbies that will be going into the 'freezer'...

I think it's so troublesome not knowing when AF will come. I must remember to ask Dr when I go for my next scan.

I just started my injections yesterday. With KKH. Are you doing natural or medicated FET?

Last edited:
I'm on HL and most prob will clear my leaves and unpaid all the way.
I'm more extreme and kiasu as my work can be quite taxing and stressed-up.
:)
Faith bb, you are at 4th month now right? So u intend to take unpaid till delivery? Wow your company allows? But baby is more important. My company sure won't allow. But shall see next week how it goes when I see gynae. Thanks for sharing :)

Connie hopeful,

Your memory is amazing. Thanks so much for your encouragement.

I started my previous cycles with hopes and positivism. Somehow for this one, I'm fearful and even more nervous than before. Probably because this may be our last attempt, so anxiety level is higher.
No la,ladies with bloastcyst will catch my attention as i never able to get to that stage. Blastocyst is good embrie with a higher change to succeed according to gynae. Good luck!

No la,ladies with bloastcyst will catch my attention as i never able to get to that stage. Blastocyst is good embrie with a higher change to succeed according to gynae. Good luck!

I placed a blasto during my previous cycle but it still failed..any idea what could be the reason? Chkup shows tt thingz r progressing well..jus duno y it failed..

I placed a blasto during my previous cycle but it still failed..any idea what could be the reason? Chkup shows tt thingz r progressing well..jus duno y it failed..
I had two blast last cycle yet failed too. There are ladies succeeded with day 3 embryo. So it's really beyond our control

Actually many ladies with 2 or 3 day transfer succeeded, and some with blastocysts like me failed. So sometimes I really wonder if it's better to just transfer embies earlier and let our womb take care of them. Well, such is IVF, lots of questions that are left unanswered. ...

Back