Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Hugs. Rest well and get ready for next round? Fighting!
Thanks ! So good to have a place here to learn and share. Probably will end the journey, at least for a while... We are blessed with #1 so this helps close the chapter of questioning all the "what ifs". Laparoscopy -done. Clomid-done. Now this...time to move on.

Thanks ! So good to have a place here to learn and share. Probably will end the journey, at least for a while... We are blessed with #1 so this helps close the chapter of questioning all the "what ifs". Laparoscopy -done. Clomid-done. Now this...time to move on.
Ah.. At least u have #1. :) but no worries, sometimes it takes more than 1 cycle.

bulskie, join me in using up all e govt grants? I oso tot I wanna go thru 1 cycle only, then decided to finish using e grants then stop. I can totally understand how u feel, e desire to have a sibling for ur #1.

bulskie, join me in using up all e govt grants? I oso tot I wanna go thru 1 cycle only, then decided to finish using e grants then stop. I can totally understand how u feel, e desire to have a sibling for ur #1.
Comingchamp, I don't qualify for grants, can use Medisave only. This round I paid cash $6k+ and yet to see the final bill - if still have to top up or will get some refund.
But aside from e $$$ it's really a decision to be happy to have gone thru different options presented to us...I just didn't want to regret later when it's too late. It was quite puzzling as #1 was naturally conceived very shortly after we decided to start a family. Probably my eggies and his soldiers were fresh n young then hahaha. Now after years of trying still no #2 with pretty much an "unexplained infertility" diagnosis.

Comingchamp, I don't qualify for grants, can use Medisave only. This round I paid cash $6k+ and yet to see the final bill - if still have to top up or will get some refund.
But aside from e $$$ it's really a decision to be happy to have gone thru different options presented to us...I just didn't want to regret later when it's too late. It was quite puzzling as #1 was naturally conceived very shortly after we decided to start a family. Probably my eggies and his soldiers were fresh n young then hahaha. Now after years of trying still no #2 with pretty much an "unexplained infertility" diagnosis.
How old are u if u don't mind me asking? My case quite similar... very easy for #1 yet now seems like a uphill task.

I have been given many dates...
3rd Sep - 1st Gonal F jab
7th Sep - 1st scan + blood test & etc
10th Sep - scan + BT
12 Sep - scan + BT
14 sep - stop jab (which is D14)
16 Sep - OR
19 Sep - OT

But... But... Still subject to the condition of the growing follicles. Some will be earlier and some will be later.

To add on...
I'm coming 40 next year, 1st time, doctor said no iui for me, direct to IVF & icsi. Hubby is diabetic & HB tension patient, so go for short protocol.

Started my NorE on 21 Aug & today (29 Aug) is the last day taking it. The nurse never tell me I may go for BT & scan on my 1st jab which is scheduled to be on 3rd sep.

I have been given many dates...
3rd Sep - 1st Gonal F jab
7th Sep - 1st scan + blood test & etc
10th Sep - scan + BT
12 Sep - scan + BT
14 sep - stop jab (which is D14)
16 Sep - OR
19 Sep - OT

But... But... Still subject to the condition of the growing follicles. Some will be earlier and some will be later.

To add on...
I'm coming 40 next year, 1st time, doctor said no iui for me, direct to IVF & icsi. Hubby is diabetic & HB tension patient, so go for short protocol.

Started my NorE on 21 Aug & today (29 Aug) is the last day taking it. The nurse never tell me I may go for BT & scan on my 1st jab which is scheduled to be on 3rd sep.

To add on...

What the nurse told you then?
Usually morning go women clinic at level 3, see dr and scan. After that then go CHR at level 4 to collect jabs and do BT.

Hi
I will be doing my first IVF next month, am currently a subsidize patient with NUH for IUI, so considering to switch to private for my IVF. Can I know how much cash I have to pay if I want to engage Prof Wong for my IVF. Thanks for your help.

Hi Lynn.. Not really sure for the first fresh cycle we paid about $2,000 plus only.. After all the grant n Medisave n that was in KK.

It ranges around that. Best to keep cash ard $2000-$4000 just in case.

Hi
I will be doing my first IVF next month, am currently a subsidize patient with NUH for IUI, so considering to switch to private for my IVF. Can I know how much cash I have to pay if I want to engage Prof Wong for my IVF. Thanks for your help.
If you & hubby are sporeans & u are below 40, u qualify for $12.3k.
I paid extra $300 cash cos I had many embbies to store. If not, usually no need fork out cash at all for 1st attempt.

Hi just so u know... suprefact trigger is usually for pple with more follicles. I doubt they have any impact on chances of bfp. I myself was on suprefact but bfn. I doubt is due to suprefact though.
Today I heard from a dr (shall not say who) that suprefact trigger has very low chance of BFP, and even if BFP, will miscarriage and he did say suprefact is for people with lots of follicles like more than 20 as ovidrel will increase the risk of ohss for such cases.
What I heard from CHR is, people who trigger with suprefact will need higher progesterone support ie crinone gel, progesterone pill and the pink pill (can't rem the name) cos it's ability to support pregnancy is not as high as ovidrel.
This round, I was triggered with ovidrel, and I am only on crinone gel. That's why I asked CHR is that enough? And that when they explained the above to me.
Hence I'm wondering anybody here BFP with suprefact as trigger?

Today I heard from a dr (shall not say who) that suprefact trigger has very low chance of BFP, and even if BFP, will miscarriage and he did say suprefact is for people with lots of follicles like more than 20 as ovidrel will increase the risk of ohss for such cases.
What I heard from CHR is, people who trigger with suprefact will need higher progesterone support ie crinone gel, progesterone pill and the pink pill (can't rem the name) cos it's ability to support pregnancy is not as high as ovidrel.
This round, I was triggered with ovidrel, and I am only on crinone gel. That's why I asked CHR is that enough? And that when they explained the above to me.

My first cycle is using ovidrel. Bfp but miscarried. Fet but never survive thaw. 2ww during fresh support is crinone, the white pill and the orange pill.

My second fresh is using suprefact. Bfn. 2ww support all same as above. 1st fet. Bfn. 2nd fet. Bfp.

My follicle is not many. Only 10 eggs retrieve for each fresh.

So i think whatever doc suggest do trust your doctor. Dont make yourself worry and stress. Stress and many question marks leads to bfn. ;)

My first cycle is using ovidrel. Bfp but miscarried. Fet but never survive thaw. 2ww during fresh support is crinone, the white pill and the orange pill.

My second fresh is using suprefact. Bfn. 2ww support all same as above. 1st fet. Bfn. 2nd fet. Bfp.

My follicle is not many. Only 10 eggs retrieve for each fresh.

So i think whatever doc suggest do trust your doctor. Dont make yourself worry and stress. Stress and many question marks leads to bfn. ;)
Thanks for your explanation!
Your dr is prof Wong as well?

This time I was triggered with ovidrel but the support only have 1 crinone gel in the am. Anybody triggered by ovidrel and has same support as me?

Last edited:
My fresh I triggered with suprefact, had abt 13 follies.. Retrieved 11 eggs, 7 mature & fertilized. Transferred 2, bfn. Supports I had crinone gel, pink estrofem inserts pills & white utrogestan inserts pills.

My FET transferred 2, bfp singleton. Supports I had crinone gel & oral progynova only.

I have the following to give away.
Pls pm me your address. I'd post by normal mail.

3 x ovulation test sticks (Watsons) Exp 09.03.2016

1 x pregnancy test strip (Watsons) Exp 19.04.2016

36pills x Estrofem (pink) Exp 06.2018

18pills x Utrogestan (white) Exp 02.2017

My fresh I triggered with suprefact, had abt 13 follies.. Retrieved 11 eggs, 7 mature & fertilized. Transferred 2, bfn. Supports I had crinone gel, pink estrofem inserts pills & white utrogestan inserts pills.

My FET transferred 2, bfp singleton. Supports I had crinone gel & oral progynova only.
Suddenly I remember... To add on... For fresh, after trigger with suprefact, I was given ovidreI jab straight after ER. Heard it was to bluff the body that there's a pregnancy (since ovidreI contains HCG) so that it will produce the hormones to support the embbies.

Suddenly I remember... To add on... For fresh, after trigger with suprefact, I was given ovidreI jab straight after ER. Heard it was to bluff the body that there's a pregnancy (since ovidreI contains HCG) so that it will produce the hormones to support the embbies.
Yup, for my first fresh, triggered by suprefact, after OR and ET I was given a shot of ovidrel.
This round triggered by ovidrel, I wasn't given it

Another question, do u all need to go back for review post ET? I'm asked to go back the day after ET. Last cycle I wasn't asked to go back to see prof after ET

Back