(2016/03) March 2016 Babies!!

anyone knows whether drinking bird nest really helps in pregnancy?
because my MIL brews bird nest for me, and everyday im drinking it. if there is no benefits, then maybe she need not waste so much money
Wow, your MIL is so good to you. I dun even get chicken soup from my mil. You are a lucky lady.

Think bird nest help for lung? Haha.. anyway u can request her to cook chicken essence instead. My mum cook that for me or my first pregnancy. Ginseng chicken soup also.

Hi mummies!! i have juzt been tested positive for my 2nd pregnancy.
Juz delivered in January and now expecting my second one.
Let's share our thoughts..
My EDD is 10th march 2016.

Hi Santhiya, my name is Syafiqah, a producer with a IFA Media (http://www.ifa-media.com/) -- a television production company based in Asia.
Currently, we are developing a documentary series on pregnancy couples that documents the journey of a couple having a baby. We'd love to talk to you and gain your insight about pregnancy. Could you pass me your contact (email or mobile no) as I would love to chat with you! I can be reached at [email protected] thanks:)

Hi all mummies to be and mummies,

I'm having my second and currently at the clinic waiting to see the ob!

My daughter is almost 2.5 years old and born in April. Hopefully all goes well and they can celebrate full month and her 3rd birthday together!

How are you all feeling?

Please add me to the fb group [email protected] thanks! !

Wow, your MIL is so good to you. I dun even get chicken soup from my mil. You are a lucky lady.

Think bird nest help for lung? Haha.. anyway u can request her to cook chicken essence instead. My mum cook that for me or my first pregnancy. Ginseng chicken soup also.
@pixie I know what is bird nest about. My mil just cook for me. She say is bu sheng.

ya, my MIL treats me very good...haha...

i do drink those bottled chicken essence every 2 to 3 days... my partner bought alot of me...

@pixie I know what is bird nest about. My mil just cook for me. She say is bu sheng.
bu sheng? for kidney?? *blur*

i find everyday eat abit expensive... but she bought in bulk at one go... so now everyday drink bird nest..hope can cure my pimples outbreak...

anyone has bought stuffs on http://mummysmarket.com.sg/ before?

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature - Black Essential Kit ($169)
–1 x Closer to Nature Electric Steam Steriliser
–1 x Closer to Nature Electric Bottle Warmer
–4 x Closer to Nature 260ml bottles
–4 x Closer to Nature 150ml bottles
–2 x Easivent Medium Flow Teats
–6 x Milk Powder Dispensers
–2 x Insulated Bottle Bags
–1 x Bottle and Teat Brush
–1 x Teat Tongs
–1 x Pure Soother 0-3months

is the above consider cheap??

^5 kelp!

I'm first time mom too and Edd 5 March too!
My gynae is dr Esther ng

Hope to join the fb group!

anyone knows whether drinking bird nest really helps in pregnancy?
because my MIL brews bird nest for me, and everyday im drinking it. if there is no benefits, then maybe she need not waste so much money

I think most pp start taking bird nest in 2nd/3rd trimester. 1st trimester is a bit too early to take in case bb end up with a lot of phlegm next time.

I think most pp start taking bird nest in 2nd/3rd trimester. 1st trimester is a bit too early to take in case bb end up with a lot of phlegm next time.
my MIL went to check with TCM. first trimester need to start taking to "an tai" and able to prevent miscarriage. 2rd to 3rd trimester is to build the lungs and organs of the babies...

i google weibo, some say should start taking bird nest one month before pregnant to build your body up....

my MIL went to check with TCM. first trimester need to start taking to "an tai" and able to prevent miscarriage. 2rd to 3rd trimester is to build the lungs and organs of the babies...

i google weibo, some say should start taking bird nest one month before pregnant to build your body up....
So it works something like formic acid.

So it works something like formic acid.
for bird nest is amino acid.. not sure whether is same or not..haha.. but at least is rich in protein...

last time i fainted and fell down on the floor.. now my elbow, knee and ankle for bruises... MIL thinks my body too weak, now she double up the dose for bird nest.. seriously i dun think it will really build up my body -_-

if you can read chinese, you can read up here -> http://jingyan.baidu.com/article/a948d65140a9b20a2ccd2e73.html & http://www.mama.cn/z/18403/

Hi mummies,

just wanna share this info with you, both my gynae and my TCM doc have advised not to take ginseng, yang sheng during pregnancy especially for first tri. Gynae show me an article where a study was done and study show that there is slow growth for baby and they will come out significantly smaller.
just fyi.

Hi all, my edd at first was on 4th March. After 3rd check up edd become 29th Feb... congrats to all pregnant mum...

Anyone know if during pregnancy your blood sugar level high, what should we control or do? Please help?

Hi mummies,

just wanna share this info with you, both my gynae and my TCM doc have advised not to take ginseng, yang sheng during pregnancy especially for first tri. Gynae show me an article where a study was done and study show that there is slow growth for baby and they will come out significantly smaller.
just fyi.

Thanks for sharing.
I was advised by my sis not to take anything with herbs inside (esp dang gui), including bak kut teh....

Hi mummies,

just fyi.
actually first trimester cannot eat anything "hot" or "cold" in nature... if want to take herbs, must have neutral in nature.... that's what TCM told my MIL...

if want to take heaty only last trimester so can induce labour i think... that's why some pregnant ladies take durian at the last trimester...

Hi all, my edd at first was on 4th March. After 3rd check up edd become 29th Feb... congrats to all pregnant mum...

Anyone know if during pregnancy your blood sugar level high, what should we control or do? Please help?
maybe you check with your gynac? for me, my blood sugar level went low.. not sure later part will rise up or not

Hi pixie, my gynac only say need to do strict diet and all explanation is by the nurse which I'm still confused as they say is a must to test on our own every meal for the monitoring of our sugar level...

Hi pixie, my gynac only say need to do strict diet and all explanation is by the nurse which I'm still confused as they say is a must to test on our own every meal for the monitoring of our sugar level...
wa.. maybe you should stop eating processed carbo (white rice, white bread) and eat more raw carbo (brown rice, wholemeal bread)? i think will helps you..

i read in my pregnancy apps that eating processed carbo will immediately increase your blood sugar which is bad. but eating raw carbo, the stomach will slowly process the sugar so there is no rush in the blood sugar

Thanks for your info... I eat change to eat brown rice n wholemeal bread. Does noodles consider carbo? Wholemeal biscuit able to eat for snack? Sry to ask u so many question. Feeling quite lost as this is my 1st pregnancy..

Thanks for your info... I eat change to eat brown rice n wholemeal bread. Does noodles consider carbo? Wholemeal biscuit able to eat for snack? Sry to ask u so many question. Feeling quite lost as this is my 1st pregnancy..
noodles also carbo... my MIL asks me not to eat yellow noodles, only eat white noodles... forgot the reason liao.. but i never listen.. haha...
i think as long as is wholemeal, it is consider healthy snacks...

you can download https://www.glowing.com/nurture... i use this apps, everyday will give me some tips..

p.s: i also first pregnancy :)

Thanks for sharing the app with me. I feel alot better talking to u... cause now not sure what can eat or not cause of blood sugar level high. Scare will affect baby. So no matter wat have to control myself... when ur edd?

Thanks for sharing the app with me. I feel alot better talking to u... cause now not sure what can eat or not cause of blood sugar level high. Scare will affect baby. So no matter wat have to control myself... when ur edd?
i think avoid high sugar level food should be ok, example water melon and processed carbo.. doc should be able to advise you more.. coz i always left ear listen right ear come out liao/...haha

mine is 19 Mar... but is twin so most likely will be earlier

i think avoid high sugar level food should be ok, example water melon and processed carbo.. doc should be able to advise you more.. coz i always left ear listen right ear come out liao/...haha

mine is 19 Mar... but is twin so most likely will be earlier
Congrats on having twins! ! I'm just afraid of poking needles in my hands for 7 times a day.. as for u doctor got ask u to test n monitor ur blood sugar level??

Congrats on having twins! ! I'm just afraid of poking needles in my hands for 7 times a day.. as for u doctor got ask u to test n monitor ur blood sugar level??
dun hv.. coz by default my blood sugar level is lower than normal... so i think now still consider low that's why i have fainting spell

Pls take care and watch yr diet... gestational diabetes is no fun. May have to cut all carbs N will even cause pre term labour if it exceeds certain limit. I have friends who had it, so really no bread (not even wholemeal) and rice. It's like going on a protein only diet

Pls take care and watch yr diet... gestational diabetes is no fun. May have to cut all carbs N will even cause pre term labour if it exceeds certain limit. I have friends who had it, so really no bread (not even wholemeal) and rice. It's like going on a protein only diet
Thanks for ur advise. Will try to cut down rice n bread....

Anyone going for oscar or harmony test? I've booked both but feedback from my sis that should just go straight for harmony and skip oscar... .

Harmony is more expensive. Some gynae will recommend Oscars first and harmony only if results from Oscars is bad. Harmony checks the dna so it's highly accurate. Oscars is based on probability. So if Oscars is not req if you go for harmony.

I think my doc schedule me for oscar test and detailed foetus scan. By comparing both, he say is sufficient to check.

Coz mine is twin, any blood test wun be as accurate as single. So detailed foetus scan can check the fluid at the neck for each foetus

I think my doc schedule me for oscar test and detailed foetus scan. By comparing both, he say is sufficient to check.

Coz mine is twin, any blood test wun be as accurate as single. So detailed foetus scan can check the fluid at the neck for each foetus

Did ur gynae tell u abt the blood test being not as accurate for twins? Strange, cos my gynae told me to go straight for harmony & skip oscar... my main concern is that I dun think I can bear to let go of the twins even if results are bad... that's why dunno to do the test or not :(

Did ur gynae tell u abt the blood test being not as accurate for twins? Strange, cos my gynae told me to go straight for harmony & skip oscar... my main concern is that I dun think I can bear to let go of the twins even if results are bad... that's why dunno to do the test or not :(
Yes, he told me but i knew it beforehand. Coz my pregnancy app and the pregnancy book i bought mention it... i happen to read it before my doc told me..but he did not mention harmony test to me, only oscar test

I think you google the information will be available

Well, technically it is correct to say one does not need to start pre-natal vitamins so early on in pregnancy, but then again, it also depends on if you have pregnancy complications before. If there is, such as recurrent miscarriages, the dr very likely to prescribe you multi-vitamins prior to your trying to conceive; and you have to continue with these supplements too as long as you are pregnant, till you deliver the bb. My friend told me this.

Yes, he told me but i knew it beforehand. Coz my pregnancy app and the pregnancy book i bought mention it... i happen to read it before my doc told me..but he did not mention harmony test to me, only oscar test

I think you google the information will be available

Thanks pixie!
We've decided to go for oscar and skip harmony test.

For cost wise oscar is arnd $300 plus. Harmony is arnd $2k. But from what i read harmony able to tell you more details even gender...

The nurse at TMC told me gender will not be disclosed for the harmony test for twins. Their charge is 1.2k before gst. I'd be doing oscar at kkh at subsidised rate of $220 for twins...

The nurse at TMC told me gender will not be disclosed for the harmony test for twins. Their charge is 1.2k before gst. I'd be doing oscar at kkh at subsidised rate of $220 for twins...
Will they be doing a detailed foetus scan too? I think combine scan with oscar should be sufficient.. that's what my doc told me

Hi mtb, I just did my cvs the Friday before. Experience heavy bleeding 1 week later. Got hospitalised for 2 days for threatened miscarriage. Feeling so stressed.

@neveda i was hospitalised for heavy bleeding and hospitalised for 4 days. I'm taking utrogestan. are you taking anything to relax your uterus? or anything your gynae had prescribed you with?
I feel you, every toilet trip makes me worry.

Back