blood sugar level high during pregnancy

serlynagoh

Hi all, any idea what to do if blood sugar level is high. Been told by the nurse. Need to take ourself and test our blood sugar everyday 7 times? Anyone have been through and can advise... deeply confused and worried.. Please help!!!

You will have to test your blood sugar level before and after each meal.
E.g.
1.before breakfast and 2hr after breakfast

2.before lunch and 2hr after lunch

3.before dinner and after dinner

Hi prezzy82, can i check with u izzit a mus ti test every meal? What if we are working? Do u face any problem before?? Pls advise

It would be good to monitor before and after every meal as it is very important to keep sugar level under control.High sugar levels may affect the baby.I had to test every meal for my first kid too.It can be very frustrating and inconvenient but its for the wellbeing of the baby

Simple things i did to help me stay full and keep sugar level stable..
1.swap to low GI grain rice or brown rice.
2.Eat low GI bread or wholegrain bread
3.take more vege
4.avoid sugary food (sweet ,chocolate,icecream)
If i crave for it.i take a little only.
5.take a meat or fish or egg w meal. (Not fried)

It can be super challenging as i went crazy trying to fix my meals.meal planning for a week may help u alot as u are working.decide how much to eat and what to eat.
It is just temporary until u have the baby.take it easy on urself n try ur best.if u can be honest w doctor and try insulin.

It can be super challenging as i went crazy trying to fix my meals.meal planning for a week may help u alot as u are working.decide how much to eat and what to eat.
It is just temporary until u have the baby.take it easy on urself n try ur best.if u can be honest w doctor and try insulin.
I just hope I can control just by my diet and no need for insulin as I'm afraid of having to jab myself. No matter wat I would try to eat carefully... cause it's hard to jab ourself... hw do u overcome it??

Back