Advise: How to renew Maid Passport, Work Permit and Home Leave application without agent?

Hi Frogprincess,

My maid contract will end next May, but i will be out of Singapore for almost 3 weeks end of the year and she had not go back to Indo for almost 6 years, therefore intend to let her go back and spend some time with her family. She will be coming back to work for me again and also extend her contract.

Pls advise if I need to renew her insurance and contract 1st or to wait for her to be back from home leave.

If it is May13 WP expiry, but Dec12 taking home leave, then I think it is okay. You won't need to renew insurance because insurance period is same as WP period.

However, as is the current requirement, you would need to goto the Indo Embassy with her to sign a contract. A good time to go is 8:30am. It will be done within an hour (you can leave); then she wait another 1hr to collect. Or, you can go back another day to collect. It is a fairly straightforward process.

If her salary is below $450, you should go NOW. If her salary is above $450, then you can go anytime before she is due for home leave. Reason? New rule will kick in Oct/Nov 2012 which states min salary as $450/mth.

She will need to produce both her contract as well as the WP; plus her passport to get that KTKLN card done. She should do this at the main city where her flight arrives at (the day she arrives); and not wait till before departure. Sometimes, the office might be close, or long queue, etc.

Hi Frogprinces,

Thank you so much for the info. Her salary is $450 so i think i dont have to do it now. Noted and i will remind her about the KTKLN card.

Hi all,

my maid's contract ending in Mid May 2013 but she's will be going back for home leave in June 2013.

How do i go about for her renewal contract? Should i go to mom, php embassy?

thanks in advance!

Hi Jen,

Have you managed to renew your maid's passport?

My maid (Filipino) is with me for less than 2 years, and she wants to renew the passport herself, don't know whether it's ok.

Please advise. Thanks!

Hi,
Can anyone answer me this:
I saw the following from Philipine Embassy website:
Renewal / Regularization

Original copy of S$2,000.00 performance bond
OWWA
2 original duly signed Standard Employment Contract
3 copies of worker’s passport
3 copies of worker’s work permit
1 copy of medical insurance
1 copy of employer’s IC
1 copy of Job Order duly certified by POEA
1 copy of Philippine agent’s POEA license

Homeleave / Balik Manggagawa

Original copy of S$7,000.00 performance bond
2 original duly signed Standard Employment Contract
2 copies of worker’s passport
2 copies of worker’s work permit
1 copy of employer’s IC
2 copies of Undertaking of an Employer

Does it mean we need to purchase the $2k bond and $7k bond if we were to renew the contract and send them for home leave?
I see others post about this $7k bond but no one post about this $2k bond?

Just to share how my filipino helper renewed her passport without going through agency (save me $200+)...my helper just renewed her passport in April 2013. She is less than 2 years with me. Hired her through agent. I went to the agency and ask for all the paperwork which includes POEA which I paid for to bring her in and use it to renew her passport.

Then go to philippine embassy website as mentioned in Jen's post >> download form and get an appointment date. You will get a confirmation of the appointment date via email. Print and bring along on that day.

On the appointment date, bring the documents collected from the agency, medical insurance, work permit, employer's ic and helper's passport.

Hi

I only need to renew my indonesia maid contract since her passport only expire in 2016 and work permit in 2014. Do i still need to go to the agent to renew the contract? Can I DIY? I read somewhere that the embassy will do it for free, it is true??

Eileen, after successfully completed the renewal of the passport, do we need to inform mom or insurance for her work permit and insurance coverage as it tie to the earlier expiry date if her old passport right? Thks in advance

Hi, my helper is with me less than 2 years but her passport is expiring because she was a transfer maid.

Can anyone advise how to get a "duly signed standard employment contract"? Can it be downloaded and taken to embassy for endorsement?

Hi, wondering if this thread is still active.

I want to enquire on renewing passport for Philippines helper.

My ex agent seems no longer with agency and so I have to do this myself.

I see on http://www.philippine-embassy.org.sg/labor/hsw/employment-docs/

(FDW who has served continuously for at least 2 years with the same employer)
Original copy of S$7,000.00 performance bond
OWWA
2 original copies duly signed Standard Employment Contract
2 copies of Undertaking of an Employer
2 copies of worker’s work permit (3 copies if passport)
1 copy of employer’s IC

My helper doesn't seem to have the owwa. Where I can get this for her?

What is the difference between signed employment contract and employers undertaking form?

I guess the bond and medical insurance can be covered by the insurer?

Hope to hear from you.

Can someone please advise urgently? My maid will be renewing her passport on 18 Sept. One of the required document is the original $7000 performance bond which I realise I didn't have. I only have the $5000 security bond insurance. Can someone advise what is this performance bond and where can I get it?

And also, there is a request for 2 original copies of standard employment agreement which I only have 1 original. And What is undertaking of employer? I don't seems to have it.

Tia!

Mambo12,

Thanks for this great link, very useful indeed.

I noted that the standard employment agreement already has the salary set as at least US$400 and off day at least once a week respectively. Is it a concern if actual terms are not as what is stated in the standard employment contract? My maid is getting $500 with 2 off day per month.

Back