40 and above pregnant club

Hi hi to all in the forum...i am 41 and trying very hard to get pregnant...can I join the forum :)

@themoontints...i just had a myomectomy done back in June and gynea advise to wait 6 mths before we can try...was advise to try naturally for a few months before we decide if iui or ivf is required.

where can I find this Malay womb massage lady?
Apology, i was 17yr old then and this wasnt a topic i was intrested in so i didnt ask much. But i reckon those malay massage lady who does pre and post natal massage all concerntrate on the womb. I had a miscarriage between my #1 & #2 and gynae said perhaps my womb was still quite weak. I did some massage after that

Apology, i was 17yr old then and this wasnt a topic i was intrested in so i didnt ask much. But i reckon those malay massage lady who does pre and post natal massage all concerntrate on the womb. I had a miscarriage between my #1 & #2 and gynae said perhaps my womb was still quite weak. I did some massage after that

thanks dorodada.. it's ok.
but if anyone knows of a good Malay womb massage, please do recommend. I'm also ttc-ing for 1st at 41 :( game to try all methods.

thanks~~

Hi hi Star.Star, we are the same age
....加油! :) have u done all the necessary fertility check incldg hb sperm analysis? These are also impt...gynea will help to 想办法。。。

Hi hi Star.Star, we are the same age
....加油! :) have u done all the necessary fertility check incldg hb sperm analysis? These are also impt...gynea will help to 想办法。。。

hi kwp, yes I have done all the necessary check.. went for 1 IVF session, unsuccessful..,

did hsg.. also ok.. so I asking for the Malay massage lady to massage womb.

Check your ovulation period and plan for a short getaway to relax. I believe this helps as most of my friends concieved after they were back from their trip. Same for me for #1 & current. As for my #2, concieved during cny period whr i cleared my year end leave and didnt have to think about work

Check your ovulation period and plan for a short getaway to relax. I believe this helps as most of my friends concieved after they were back from their trip. Same for me for #1 & current. As for my #2, concieved during cny period whr i cleared my year end leave and didnt have to think about work
agreed .. the most important thing is relax ...
dun stress over the result but relax and enjoy lolz

My malay colleague ask if i know why malay get pregnant so easily , the answer is 'we malay lepak lah, relac relac!' Haha

I would like to add that I did keep an open mind about getting pregnant (before I was rather upset every month when I see my menses). In Dec last year I told hubby that I will just let nature takes its own course. So I try to do everything I can to increase our chance of conceiving naturally..Besides accupunture and TCM, I started taking several types of vitamins to boost quality eggs, completely changed my diet and started pre-natal yoga and pilates for 3 months. It is a long list of foods and supplements that I take and friends thought I have gone overboard with my diet plan in order to get preggy haha! And I thought, even if I didn't get pregnant in the end, I am still leading a healthier lifestyle with diet change and exercise :D. However, we did receive a pleasant surprise as I got my first BFP in Feb this year :)

I would like to add that I did keep an open mind about getting pregnant (before I was rather upset every month when I see my menses). In Dec last year I told hubby that I will just let nature takes its own course. So I try to do everything I can to increase our chance of conceiving naturally..Besides accupunture and TCM, I started taking several types of vitamins to boost quality eggs, completely changed my diet and started pre-natal yoga and pilates for 3 months. It is a long list of foods and supplements that I take and friends thought I have gone overboard with my diet plan in order to get preggy haha! And I thought, even if I didn't get pregnant in the end, I am still leading a healthier lifestyle with diet change and exercise :D. However, we did receive a pleasant surprise as I got my first BFP in Feb this year :)
Hi can u advise more on the vitamins and diet change pls? And where to do pre natal yoga and Pilates? But the yoga is done after pregnancy? I m inspired and 40 this yr. Thanks!

Last edited:
Ya...i realize work stress is the worst...me and hubby making lifestyle changes and taking supplements to boost our health...actually I am very healthy...i go to the gym...eat healthy...just a bit stress up at work...my strength is also my weakness..too responsible and perfectionist...urgh!!

Is coffee really bad? I drink coffee every morning and if no coffee...i will be blur blur for the day and get headache...sign...serious coffee addict :(

Hi Tartine
Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to change to a better diet too. Do you take fruits? Any good fruits to recommend? Can share with us more about pre natal yoga or Pilate ?

Is coffee really bad? I drink coffee every morning and if no coffee...i will be blur blur for the day and get headache...sign...serious coffee addict :(

Hi kwp,

How many cups of coffee you drink per day? I read a research while I was doing Internet research, written by a returning Asian doctor from the UK (he started the 1st recurrent miscarriage clinic in Chinese University of Hong Kong last year, in July 2014, seeing that there is need to do so); he found out that women who drink 3 cups or more of coffee each day increases their miscarriage rate, by 30%.

Well, in the Fitness First club that I go to, they advise that restorative yoga is good for trying to conceive. I have personally tried it for close to 2 months, and found that it did help to reduce my stress levels, and help me stay refreshed for the remaining of the day.

As a matter of fact, besides being relaxed with my short getaway and leave break, i started yoga, i get the hang of it. I am one who hardly excercise hehe... all 3 pregnancies came by the same lifestyle pattern- relax + yoga. My sis teased me that after when #3 is popped, i should never start my yoga again

Reactions: kwp
Hi tryingtoconceive2014, i try to limit to one cup of 130 ml each day...weekend probably 2 cups max....

Hi tryingtoconceive2014, i go to fitness first as well...but i did mostly pump, combat, rpm and body balance class...perhaps i shld go try the restorative yoga that you mention :)

feel so encouraging that there are still mummies wannabes around my age.. :)
@star.star, hi i tried a malay massage lady after my mc, and i personally find her not bad. if you interested to get contact, can pm me.

i used to do some yoga too, now looking into pilates, wondering if i should take up, but prices seem quite ex.
yah, would also like to know on pre-natal classes options too...do share!

i am already back to my tcm regime, getting ready for the next shot!

oh, and i change one habit this time round, used to take folic acid after breakfast, but now i take on an empty stomach as i read that it is better absorbed this way. but if it upsets your stomach, then take it with food.
and take the folic acid with a full cup of water.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014, i go to fitness first as well...but i did mostly pump, combat, rpm and body balance class...perhaps i shld go try the restorative yoga that you mention :)

Hi kwp,

As I just had one loss previously in mid-June, my gynae told me to resume yoga again in mid-September, which I am really looking forward to. I usually go to the Tue 10:00 a.m. class in Tampines (CPF building), Wed lunch hour class in One Raffles Quay (thinking to switch to the Tampines one for Wed) and Sat 4:45 p.m. one in One George Street (the instructor is Paul).

I did try body balance class in Paragon, but found that while ttc, the abs exercise may not be suitable for us.

feel so encouraging that there are still mummies wannabes around my age.. :)
@star.star, hi i tried a malay massage lady after my mc, and i personally find her not bad. if you interested to get contact, can pm me.

i used to do some yoga too, now looking into pilates, wondering if i should take up, but prices seem quite ex.
yah, would also like to know on pre-natal classes options too...do share!

i am already back to my tcm regime, getting ready for the next shot!

Hi themoontints,

That is good. :) As long as we perservere, the baby dreams will be achieved one day.

Hi kwp,

As I just had one loss previously in mid-June, my gynae told me to resume yoga again in mid-September, which I am really looking forward to. I usually go to the Tue 10:00 a.m. class in Tampines (CPF building), Wed lunch hour class in One Raffles Quay (thinking to switch to the Tampines one for Wed) and Sat 4:45 p.m. one in One George Street (the instructor is Paul).

I did try body balance class in Paragon, but found that while ttc, the abs exercise may not be suitable for us.
Hi tryingtoconceive2014, I am sure u will be preggy again in no time....加油! Am now thinking if I shld go straight to ivf come jan 2016...but i read that the chances are lower than trying naturally...in a dilemma...afraid that the ivf medication may mess up my body as well...

Hi kwp,

Did your gynae say that IVF is your only option? Did you have difficulty trying to conceive naturally previously? I think you can book for the IVF for Jan 2016; but in the meanwhile, try the natural way. You never know, may have a bfp surprise.

Hi kwp,

Did your gynae say that IVF is your only option? Did you have difficulty trying to conceive naturally previously? I think you can book for the IVF for Jan 2016; but in the meanwhile, try the natural way. You never know, may have a bfp surprise.
Hi tryingtoconceive2014, i am waiting for hubby semen test result and I am also recovering from Myomectomy. Seeing my gynae in Oct...he mention we can try naturally for a few months first after Dec this yr.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014, i am waiting for hubby semen test result and I am also recovering from Myomectomy. Seeing my gynae in Oct...he mention we can try naturally for a few months first after Dec this yr.

Hi kwp,

I see. So you had the surgery to remove the fibroids? That is good, as otherwise it will grow together with the baby inside your tummy when you get your bfp next time.

I see. Good luck on trying naturally, and lots of baby dust to you. :)

Hi kwp,

Did your hubby have his semen test done by Sincere lab too?

Hi kwp,

I see. So you had the surgery to remove the fibroids? That is good, as otherwise it will grow together with the baby inside your tummy when you get your bfp next time.

I see. Good luck on trying naturally, and lots of baby dust to you. :)
Thank you for your encouragement :), i had 2 big fibroids (7cm and 8cm) removed.

Hi can u advise more on the vitamins and diet change pls? And where to do pre natal yoga and Pilates? But the yoga is done after pregnancy? I m inspired and 40 this yr. Thanks!

Hi Tartine
Thanks for sharing. I'm trying to change to a better diet too. Do you take fruits? Any good fruits to recommend? Can share with us more about pre natal yoga or Pilate ?

Hi wonderfulijoy and shuqin,
I am trying to compile the list of vitamins, foods and fruits I took before I managed to conceive naturally so that I can share with everyone!

Off hand, I take fruits like organic kiwi, organic apples, avocados, and at times mangoes and pineapples. I take 3 - 4 types of fruits daily. I took nuts like almond, walnut, brazilian nuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds daily too. These nuts and seeds are good source of nutrients. I took 2 hard-boiled eggs daily too.

For pre-natal yoga and pilates, I bought the DVDs from Amazon and do them at home for about 30 mins a day.

For vitamins, I took folic acid, fish oil, Ubiquinol, Multi-vitamin, Vitamin D.... and several other ones that I need to go back and find out the names haha..I took 8-10 types of vitamins in a day to boost egg quality and my health.

Importanly, I cut down on processed foods, fried foods, no fast foods, no tea, no coffee, so sugary stuff. I try to go as natural as possible, foods I ate are mostly steamed.

Once i compiled the list, I will share with everyone :D

Hi wonderfulijoy and shuqin,
I am trying to compile the list of vitamins, foods and fruits I took before I managed to conceive naturally so that I can share with everyone!

Off hand, I take fruits like organic kiwi, organic apples, avocados, and at times mangoes and pineapples. I take 3 - 4 types of fruits daily. I took nuts like almond, walnut, brazilian nuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds daily too. These nuts and seeds are good source of nutrients. I took 2 hard-boiled eggs daily too.

For pre-natal yoga and pilates, I bought the DVDs from Amazon and do them at home for about 30 mins a day.

For vitamins, I took folic acid, fish oil, Ubiquinol, Multi-vitamin, Vitamin D.... and several other ones that I need to go back and find out the names haha..I took 8-10 types of vitamins in a day to boost egg quality and my health.

Importanly, I cut down on processed foods, fried foods, no fast foods, no tea, no coffee, so sugary stuff. I try to go as natural as possible, foods I ate are mostly steamed.

Once i compiled the list, I will share with everyone :D
Dear Tartine, thank you for sharing. This is so helpful. Can you share the Amerzon link with us? I would like to buy and start with that as soon as I can.
Do you take the raw almonds and walnuts?
Baby dust to you and everyone here. I hope we can all graduate from here soon.

Hi Shuqin,

Yes I took raw unsalted almonds and same for walnuts.

Here's the DVDs I purchased from Amazon. In addition I bought a book titled 'The Infertility Cure' on understanding more about TCM, foods/herbs to take to conceive naturally.
I hope the links work.

Prenatal Yoga

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000BYNMH?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Suzanne Bowen's Slim & Toned Prenatal Barre Workout (2012)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008X7JBPM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

10 Minute Solution: Prenatal Pilates
http://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Sol...1441719738&sr=1-4&keywords=10+minutes+pilates

The Infertility Cure: The Ancient Chinese Wellness Program for Getting Pregnant and Having Healthy Babies
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0316159212?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Actually I managed to conceive naturally after being on TCM and a change in my diet and exercise. Keeping an open mind and staying relaxed about getting pregnant helps too. I'm expecting my #1 and now going to 36 weeks :D
Baby dust to everyone!!!

Last edited:

Back