(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

Hi Mummies,

Have been feeling a little down and little anxious.... Start to worry a lot of small things, like how to take care of bb well, what if there is not enough milk for bb, what if bb not feeling well.....This is not good.... If I keep thinking too much and worry too much, it will become depression. But I just can't help it. Anyway to get ride of this worry and anxiety?

First time parents like us, no matter how hard we try sure will still panic at the smallest things haha.

For now I find it helpful to talk to mummy friends about what they went through. Simply hearing how every parent also struggle at first, helps a bit, plus I'm sure their advice will come in handy. My breastfeeding friends are super encouraging and tells me how rarely it is to for mummies to get it right straightaway.

There is a thread on this forum for mummies living in my neighbourhood so I sort of figured out where the preferred / nearby GP who are good with kids, 24-hour clinics, infant care, etc are located. Perhaps there might be one for your neighbourhood? Or you could do some research first. I haven't started on the antenatal classes yet but I'm sure it will help us gain some confidence in baby handling. I've also been watching youtube videos on bathing / swaddling / feeding / calming a newborn etc. A lot of experienced mummies are eager to share techniques or tips, and also I feel a lot used to hearing babies wail and cry in the videos, and see how parents / midwives remain super calm.

Despite all these I'm also still worried la, haha, though less. All moms learn on the job! Keep your spirits up :)

Last edited:

did any of ur gynae say how many times the baby should be kicking everyday ? Mine said no need to count. Just make sure there's movement everyday and if for 24hrs nothing, must go back to him.

Hi mummies, same here. I have craving for sweet things and worried about sugar level. It is so hard to resist.
As for bloatedness, I have it for my feet and ankles. Hard to walk and looks like elephant feet. :(:(:(
Plus I have nose bleed at night when I sleep in aircon.
Recently right side pelvis pain as well.:(:(
When I work too fast in office, I feel cramps and that scared me. I keep telling myself to slow down.
I have dizzy spells if I stand or walk too long.... :(

There are exercise that u may do to prevent this. Did u attend any antenatal lesson? I do the exercise before I sleep. It help to prevent leg cramp n back pain.

First time parents like us, no matter how hard we try sure will still panic at the smallest things haha.

For now I find it helpful to talk to mummy friends about what they went through. Simply hearing how every parent also struggle at first, helps a bit, plus I'm sure their advice will come in handy. My breastfeeding friends are super encouraging and tells me how rarely it is to for mummies to get it right straightaway.

There is a thread on this forum for mummies living in my neighbourhood so I sort of figured out where the preferred / nearby GP who are good with kids, 24-hour clinics, infant care, etc are located. Perhaps there might be one for your neighbourhood? Or you could do some research first. I haven't started on the antenatal classes yet but I'm sure it will help us gain some confidence in baby handling. I've also been watching youtube videos on bathing / swaddling / feeding / calming a newborn etc. A lot of experienced mummies are eager to share techniques or tips, and also I feel a lot used to hearing babies wail and cry in the videos, and see how parents / midwives remain super calm.

Despite all these I'm also still worried la, haha, though less. All moms learn on the job! Keep your spirits up :)

Yes. U will be an expect in no time. Crying is the only way our baby communicate with us. Most important not to panic. If you have a helper like your mum, see how she do it. After birth, the nurse will show u how too. Don't be too hard on yourself. Not good. Now is the time to enjoy when u can. After bb is born, u will learn as it goes.

Its a 8 months growth scan. mine also scheduled me to go. if you have a low lying placenta, usually at this scan they will also check to see if it has gone up and also to take bb's measurements to check the growth.

Is it a must to do a scan at 32 weeks? My gynae schedule me to go. Says is to assure baby's growth.

no need to count the number of times. as long as there is movement then is ok. dont worry :)

did any of ur gynae say how many times the baby should be kicking everyday ? Mine said no need to count. Just make sure there's movement everyday and if for 24hrs nothing, must go back to him.

take this period to cherish your couple time with hubby. once bb is out, its hard to go for movies etc unless you have someone to help you babysit ur bb. even like nowadays when I watch movies, its usually cartoons coz my #1 wants to watch. :D

dont worry about things that have not happened like whether enuff milk for bb etc. take a step at a time. and just remember infants dont know how to talk so the only way of communication is through crying... its normal for them to cry when they need something, eg too hot, too cold, hungry, diapers dirty etc

Cheer up ! :)

Hi Mummies,

Have been feeling a little down and little anxious.... Start to worry a lot of small things, like how to take care of bb well, what if there is not enough milk for bb, what if bb not feeling well.....This is not good.... If I keep thinking too much and worry too much, it will become depression. But I just can't help it. Anyway to get ride of this worry and anxiety?

Can share the checklist? I am trying to compile one myself.
ImageUploadedByForum1440996980.989210.jpg

I scriber on it. Hope u can see n don't mind.

anyone went to the baby fair last week at Suntec?? We managed to get our darling's future transportation (pram & baby carrier). Realized nothing much at the fair.

Hubby and myself went on Sat... First round of walk... we didn't get anything for bb... instead we got all the first aid stuff(something hubby is into)... **faint** (items like bandages and the antiseptic mouth wash and hand rub for adult) Second round of walk then got the breast pump, milk storage bag and breast pads... thought the breast pump was not too bad a deal... got the Calypso to-go @ $499... 2 yrs warranty... pretty silent too... got a fair bit of good reviews... hope this will be a worth it purchase...

hi mummies, quick question.. I'm turning 24 weeks this Thurs. I could feel my baby's kicks quite strongly last week. But he has been pretty still fo this weekend and today, I don't think i felt him move today at all. Read online that the baby couldve shifted position or started to curl up this week. Wondering if anyone else has similar experience?

hi mummies, quick question.. I'm turning 24 weeks this Thurs. I could feel my baby's kicks quite strongly last week. But he has been pretty still fo this weekend and today, I don't think i felt him move today at all. Read online that the baby couldve shifted position or started to curl up this week. Wondering if anyone else has similar experience?

my girl on certain days has limited movement but on other days move non stop . When you said pretty still , meaning not a single movement ? Their position is constantly shifting as they will move about.

anyone went to the baby fair last week at Suntec?? We managed to get our darling's future transportation (pram & baby carrier). Realized nothing much at the fair.
Ya nothing much. I ended up only buying maternity clothes. But I went to to Singapore expo baby expo fair buying a few baby items like diaper cloth mittens and socks they have quite a lot of stuffs going at cheap prices. Their prams are also cheaper.

My girl kick and bounce when we go shop for her stuff last sat. We bought our stuff from baby kingdom, baby hyperstore n suntec baby fair. We spent the whole sat! As for breast pump, the hospital allow rental after delivery. I feel that is best to try to see which I prefer before investing on one. Diapers too. It's not save to stock up when u don't know if your baby will be allergy to which brand yet. Anyway, baby fair is throughout the year. Still can get the stuff after bb is born. No hurry.

My girl kick and bounce when we go shop for her stuff last sat. We bought our stuff from baby kingdom, baby hyperstore n suntec baby fair. We spent the whole sat! As for breast pump, the hospital allow rental after delivery. I feel that is best to try to see which I prefer before investing on one. Diapers too. It's not save to stock up when u don't know if your baby will be allergy to which brand yet. Anyway, baby fair is throughout the year. Still can get the stuff after bb is born. No hurry.

true true. my fren advised us not to stock up on diaper first as babies grow out of them fast. And i have a cousin who works for Philip Avent. She advised that breast pump can always get after giving birth as one might not know if there's sufficient milk to feed the baby .

Hi Mummies,

Anyone having following:
  • Swollen ankle on the right foot
  • Knee cap pain on the left leg
  • Sudden tiredness due to not enough sleep (no position is comfortable now) and constant yawning
  • Runny nose (most likely due to haze)
I am now in week 25 and I am finding more and more difficult to focus on office and to move around without having swollen feet and painful knee cap.

Hi Mummies,

Anyone having following:
  • Swollen ankle on the right foot
  • Knee cap pain on the left leg
  • Sudden tiredness due to not enough sleep (no position is comfortable now) and constant yawning
  • Runny nose (most likely due to haze)
I am now in week 25 and I am finding more and more difficult to focus on office and to move around without having swollen feet and painful knee cap.

Could your swollen ankle be water retention?

Hi went to kkh for my wk24 scan. Gynae said baby is 900g and in normal range. When i came home and googled, average weight at 24wks is 600g.

Is 900g big?? I m v petite and gained 3kg since pregn. Quite confused now

Yah, I think so. I will check with my gynea this week on my followup checkup.

U can try to get a handbook from the hospital. I also go see gynae very small matter coz first time but now with the handbook, I know what to expect n do. So won't go see gynae so often. It tells u from pregnant to give birth till baby born.

U can try to get a handbook from the hospital. I also go see gynae very small matter coz first time but now with the handbook, I know what to expect n do. So won't go see gynae so often. It tells u from pregnant to give birth till baby born.

Thanks for the information. I signed up for First Born Incentive from Thomson medical, they did gave me a handbook. Very basic information but good to know. I will usually call the clinic whenever in doubt and ask if I need to see my gynea.

Hi went to kkh for my wk24 scan. Gynae said baby is 900g and in normal range. When i came home and googled, average weight at 24wks is 600g.

Is 900g big?? I m v petite and gained 3kg since pregn. Quite confused now
Wow.. my bb at 700 @ 24 week.

Any mommy experiencing baby not kicking for long period of time? Currently my wife is at week 23. Kind of worried cos since she woke up this morning and still don't feel any baby kicking.

Any mommy experiencing baby not kicking for long period of time? Currently my wife is at week 23. Kind of worried cos since she woke up this morning and still don't feel any baby kicking.
Drink some cold drink? I saw someone mentioned and i tried and it works somehow

how long was the period of time? within 24 hours, movements should have been felt around different periods. if it has been a few days, please do go back to your gynae to check just in case.

Back