2WW - for those TTC-ing

Hi ladies, I need some help here. I bd on 12th aug during O date. Had brown discharge last night and tested on pregnancy strip, it shows very faint line. Af suppose to report 3 days later but my tcm says by 28th if Af nvr report means positive and I Muz quickly go see him.
Is it too early to tell now? Have been having normal menses symptoms like bloatness and and tiredness. I checked all these are also early pregnancy symptoms.

Hi Loylipop,

Please test on clearblue pregnancy tests. During my pregnancy (though suffered a loss a few weeks later) in early May this year, about 4.5 weeks was when I tested positive on clearblue normal pregnancy test kit. That noon, I went to see tcm; he felt my pulse, and confirmed that I was indeed pregnant. So yes, it is possible to tell just by feeling your pulse. When you are slightly farther along, such as 6 weeks or so, the tcm will also be able to feel the embryo's heartbeat by just feeling your pulse too.

Hi Loylipop,

Please test on clearblue pregnancy tests. During my pregnancy (though suffered a loss a few weeks later) in early May this year, about 4.5 weeks was when I tested positive on clearblue normal pregnancy test kit. That noon, I went to see tcm; he felt my pulse, and confirmed that I was indeed pregnant. So yes, it is possible to tell just by feeling your pulse. When you are slightly farther along, such as 6 weeks or so, the tcm will also be able to feel the embryo's heartbeat by just feeling your pulse too.
Hi tryingtoconceive2014, sorry to hear about ur loss, must be tough for u to go through it.
Thanks for ur advice, I will go see the tcm tomorrow as today is a busy day for me. My husband is working tomorrow so I'll visit the tcm alone.

Thanks lynhlz, pink spotting may be implantation bleeding too not necessarily AF. Did u test too? Since we bd around the same date, u can get BFP too. Let's jiayou together. :)

Thanks loylipop. Implantation bleeding should not happen so late. My AF is due 28/8. This morning wake up with brown discharge already.. not going to test already. :( although I wish is bfp.. :)

Hi lynhlz,

Or you can use the normal test kits for the normal days; and save the digital ones for the positive test results on normal ovulation test kits. That is what I did, as suggested by a friend.

I didn't buy those normal opk test kit. When I test my O and I got it on the 2/3 time for 2mths. So 20sticks for my testing more than enough.. hehe..

AF reported in normal flow.. :(

Anyone hubby did semen analysis b4? Did he do at clinic or at home?
New cycle brings new hope..
Mine did at home as he said he can't produce at clinic.
Today is my 11th day cycle, but i have been noticing my lack of cervical mucus so far. My cycle went haywire last month as AF was continous for 2 weeks until i was prescribed progesterone tablets to stop the flow and reset the system. It is likely i didn't ovulate last month, though i did not use opk to track in that time since cycle already messed up.

I'm wondering exactly what is wrong again this time. Really hope it is just ovulation happening later this time after the past cycle.

New cycle brings new hope..
Mine did at home as he said he can't produce at clinic.
Today is my 11th day cycle, but i have been noticing my lack of cervical mucus so far. My cycle went haywire last month as AF was continous for 2 weeks until i was prescribed progesterone tablets to stop the flow and reset the system. It is likely i didn't ovulate last month, though i did not use opk to track in that time since cycle already messed up.

I'm wondering exactly what is wrong again this time. Really hope it is just ovulation happening later this time after the past cycle.

Tks.. Oh, hubby ask me if I can follow him in the room at the clinic *so paiseh*. Hubby felt he can't produce at clinic but don't want travel to n fro cos clinic not near our house. :oops:

Oh, got ask ur gynae? I also notice my cm different from last time. I use to see eggwhite discharge b4 I got married. Now I seldom see I got eggwhite discharge only sticky cm. Got to ask my gynae after my hubby SA.

Tks.. Oh, hubby ask me if I can follow him in the room at the clinic *so paiseh*. Hubby felt he can't produce at clinic but don't want travel to n fro cos clinic not near our house. :oops:

Oh, got ask ur gynae? I also notice my cm different from last time. I use to see eggwhite discharge b4 I got married. Now I seldom see I got eggwhite discharge only sticky cm. Got to ask my gynae after my hubby SA.
Ahh..so is good that at least your hubby will do SA this time. I remember u said previously that he reluctant to do. Whether at home or clinic, just produce the goods..haha

I have a follow up visit at NUH in late Sep, will definitely check with them on that. I guess age has an effect on our cm as well. But i never thought it will be that drastic for me this time.

Ahh..so is good that at least your hubby will do SA this time. I remember u said previously that he reluctant to do. Whether at home or clinic, just produce the goods..haha

I have a follow up visit at NUH in late Sep, will definitely check with them on that. I guess age has an effect on our cm as well. But i never thought it will be that drastic for me this time.

Ya loh, I told him he reluctant say wait for a few more months then I told him off until he okay. But I feel so paiseh he ask me accompany him in the room cos he say he alone can't produce.. :oops::D

Ya.. age loh, maybe really got implications.. good luck to u..

Opk addict reporting here again. This month for me kind of haywired. I tested a positive opk, test line is as dark as control but Thur hpt is BFN. Hmmm. Guess I wanna buy those clearblue kit better.

Any cheap deals to share?

Edit: I just found out that some women do have positive for several days. At least I feel am not abnormal.

Last edited:
Opk addict reporting here again. This month for me kind of haywired. I tested a positive opk, test line is as dark as control but Thur hpt is BFN. Hmmm. Guess I wanna buy those clearblue kit better.

Any cheap deals to share?

Edit: I just found out that some women do have positive for several days. At least I feel am not abnormal.

Hi diamondfericia,

I have positive for 3 days in a row, as my follicles only burst 48 hours later after test is positive.

Hi tryingtoconcieve2014, I'm going into 4 weeks tomorrow. Tcm advise to see gyane on 6 weeks onwards. :)

Hi Loylipop,

Congrats! You mean tcm can tell that you are going into 4 weeks tomorrow? Last time my tcm in Marine Parade Ban Choon Chan felt my pulse on the day that I tested positive in hpt, he said that I was 4 weeks plus too. That time, he said I could see gynae on 5 weeks just to make sure that there is a gestational sac; and on 6 weeks for a heartbeat, as that is the earliest a baby's heartbeat could be detected (though sometimes bb's heartbeat can be detected as late as 8 weeks gestational age).

Did the tcm you consult today give you a list of what foods to avoid for the first trimester. If not, you can just PM me and I will give you the list.

Hi Loylipop,

Congrats! You mean tcm can tell that you are going into 4 weeks tomorrow? Last time my tcm in Marine Parade Ban Choon Chan felt my pulse on the day that I tested positive in hpt, he said that I was 4 weeks plus too. That time, he said I could see gynae on 5 weeks just to make sure that there is a gestational sac; and on 6 weeks for a heartbeat, as that is the earliest a baby's heartbeat could be detected (though sometimes bb's heartbeat can be detected as late as 8 weeks gestational age).

Did the tcm you consult today give you a list of what foods to avoid for the first trimester. If not, you can just PM me and I will give you the list.
Hi tryingtoconcieve2014, yes I went to the same tcm as yours. He calculated based on my last menses date. Yup he gave me a list of food to avoid.

Hi tryingtoconcieve2014, yes I went to the same tcm as yours. He calculated based on my last menses date. Yup he gave me a list of food to avoid.

Hi Loylipop,

Okay, good. Did Dr Chan tell you you should avoid liang cha except those from the medical hall, and from my personal experience almond tea dessert too? He did tell you to start drinking the homemade chicken essence daily, until can see the baby's heartbeat; then no need to drink so often, just once every 2 to 3 days?

Did he prescribe you with a packet of herbs to an tai, and said that can last through the end of the first trimester, to see him in week 13?

Just a word of warning: it seems that he has a totally different tone if your pregnancy is eventful; for example: vaginal bleeding, subchrionic bleeding in early pregnancy (week 6 or so). Coz that was what happened to me, I called him and requested him to an tai; but strangely, he refused to do so; and said no need, even I emphasized to him that I wanted to save the baby, as still got heartbeat, though almost no growth. He seemed to be in a very bad mood the morning I called, just replied me rudely and bluntly baby grows or not decided by my gynae and not him, and not willing to an tai for me. :mad: Eventually, on my previous personal trainer's recommendation, I went to the North Bridge Road tcm tai choon foh that his wife was seeing after giving birth to a stillborn baby girl at 20 weeks last summer. That sinseh told me to bed rest a lot, said that the embryo was not stable; he did try his best to save the baby, but still did not manage to do so. Anyway, I am under his care now. I see him monthly for review, as he is currently prescribing me powder herbs to strengthen my uterus, while we are waiting to see Professor Choolani for our test reviews on Sept 25 (Fri) in his private suite at 11:00 a.m., due to my recurrent miscarriages history. So it appeared to me that if you suffer from complications in early pregnancy, if you call Dr Chan and request his service, he will just reject or refuse to do so, if he is not confident that he can save your baby.

Hi Loylipop,

Okay, good. Did Dr Chan tell you you should avoid liang cha except those from the medical hall, and from my personal experience almond tea dessert too? He did tell you to start drinking the homemade chicken essence daily, until can see the baby's heartbeat; then no need to drink so often, just once every 2 to 3 days?

Did he prescribe you with a packet of herbs to an tai, and said that can last through the end of the first trimester, to see him in week 13?

Just a word of warning: it seems that he has a totally different tone if your pregnancy is eventful; for example: vaginal bleeding, subchrionic bleeding in early pregnancy (week 6 or so). Coz that was what happened to me, I called him and requested him to an tai; but strangely, he refused to do so; and said no need, even I emphasized to him that I wanted to save the baby, as still got heartbeat, though almost no growth. He seemed to be in a very bad mood the morning I called, just replied me rudely and bluntly baby grows or not decided by my gynae and not him, and not willing to an tai for me. :mad: Eventually, on my previous personal trainer's recommendation, I went to the North Bridge Road tcm tai choon foh that his wife was seeing after giving birth to a stillborn baby girl at 20 weeks last summer. That sinseh told me to bed rest a lot, said that the embryo was not stable; he did try his best to save the baby, but still did not manage to do so. Anyway, I am under his care now. I see him monthly for review, as he is currently prescribing me powder herbs to strengthen my uterus, while we are waiting to see Professor Choolani for our test reviews on Sept 25 (Fri) in his private suite at 11:00 a.m., due to my recurrent miscarriages history. So it appeared to me that if you suffer from complications in early pregnancy, if you call Dr Chan and request his service, he will just reject or refuse to do so, if he is not confident that he can save your baby.
Oh gosh, I didn't know he can be so rude. Everytime I went to see him, he seems to be very friendly and helpful. And keep empathize that he's happy to see pple getting pregnant and eventually giving birth. Thanks for sharing with me ur experience, I'll monitor the next few weeks very closely. Is the current one u're seeing good and experience? Do u mind sharing with me the contact? Perhaps I can go for a 2nd opinion before seeing the gyane.

Oh gosh, I didn't know he can be so rude. Everytime I went to see him, he seems to be very friendly and helpful. And keep empathize that he's happy to see pple getting pregnant and eventually giving birth. Thanks for sharing with me ur experience, I'll monitor the next few weeks very closely. Is the current one u're seeing good and experience? Do u mind sharing with me the contact? Perhaps I can go for a 2nd opinion before seeing the gyane.

Hi Loylipop,

Okay, sure. I will PM (private message) you the details tomorrow.

Hi, anyone tried the clearblue fertility monitor? It's so frustrating. This the the 2nd month I'm using it and it shows one bar through out the cycle. Clearblue's help desk insists that the device is not faulty. I'm so worried that I'm not ovulating. My cycle is normal, 28-30 days. Had miscarriage 2months ago.

Anyone knows how long for hormones to stabilise after stopping breastfeeding and how long to get conceive? I just stopped but there is still milk in boobs.

Tcm advised to stop breastfeeding if want to conceive

Hi, anyone tried the clearblue fertility monitor? It's so frustrating. This the the 2nd month I'm using it and it shows one bar through out the cycle. Clearblue's help desk insists that the device is not faulty. I'm so worried that I'm not ovulating. My cycle is normal, 28-30 days. Had miscarriage 2months ago.

Hi shuqin,

Sorry, I cannot help you, as I do not know where to buy clearblue fertility monitor in Singapore. I think it shows that you are not ovulating (on low fertility throughout the whole of this cycle). I think it is possible. Did the monitor also show only 1 bar last month when you first used it?

http://www.clearblueeasy.com/fertility-monitor-touch-screen-faq.php

As for your question, see the following answer (it is in question 7): My monitor displayed Low throughout the whole cycle. What does this mean?

This cycle the Monitor did not detect a change in the hormones that control your fertility. You may not have ovulated during this cycle or it may be due to a test being performed incorrectly or that you missed a test. If your fertility status stays Low over a number of cycles consult your doctor.

I would also like to know where you buy this monitor from in Singapore, shuqi, though my main issue is not getting pregnant, but staying pregnant.

Care to share how does this monitor works? Can it be reusable?

Hi shuqin,

Sorry, I cannot help you, as I do not know where to buy clearblue fertility monitor in Singapore. I think it shows that you are not ovulating (on low fertility throughout the whole of this cycle). I think it is possible. Did the monitor also show only 1 bar last month when you first used it?

http://www.clearblueeasy.com/fertility-monitor-touch-screen-faq.php

As for your question, see the following answer (it is in question 7): My monitor displayed Low throughout the whole cycle. What does this mean?

This cycle the Monitor did not detect a change in the hormones that control your fertility. You may not have ovulated during this cycle or it may be due to a test being performed incorrectly or that you missed a test. If your fertility status stays Low over a number of cycles consult your doctor.

I would also like to know where you buy this monitor from in Singapore, shuqi, though my main issue is not getting pregnant, but staying pregnant.
I bought from Amerzon. It is not available in Singapore anymore. If you haves going to USA, you may ask them to bring back for you. Otherwise, like what I did, I used Vpost to ship into Singapore. Takes about 2 weeks. Looks like I'm not ovulating again this month. Today is D15 and still showing 'low'. Just like last month, it shows one bar through out. :(

The sticks can only be used once but the monitor is reusable. The sticks will have to insert into the monitor to detect and read the LH. The monitor stores information about your personal hormone patterns. It typically identifies up to 6 fertile days

I bought from Amerzon. It is not available in Singapore anymore. If you haves going to USA, you may ask them to bring back for you. Otherwise, like what I did, I used Vpost to ship into Singapore. Takes about 2 weeks. Looks like I'm not ovulating again this month. Today is D15 and still showing 'low'. Just like last month, it shows one bar through out. :(

I am using the fertility monitor. My first 2-3 months there was no peak but there was high..i googled and read that it is quite common to have such readings (low+high with no peak) for first few months as the monitor is trying to learn about our cycle. High is when the monitor detected a rise in the estrogen and peak is when it detected a rise in LH. but if you are experiencing low all the way, then you may want to consider seeing the gynae?

You can read about the monitor here
http://www.clearblueeasy.com/clearblue-easy-fertility-monitor.php

The monitor can be reused but you still need to purchase the test sticks.

I am using the fertility monitor. My first 2-3 months there was no peak but there was high..i googled and read that it is quite common to have such readings (low+high with no peak) for first few months as the monitor is trying to learn about our cycle. High is when the monitor detected a rise in the estrogen and peak is when it detected a rise in LH. but if you are experiencing low all the way, then you may want to consider seeing the gynae?

You can read about the monitor here
http://www.clearblueeasy.com/clearblue-easy-fertility-monitor.php

The monitor can be reused but you still need to purchase the test sticks.
Thank you. Mine is low bar throughout the whole cycle for the last two cycles. It didn't defect a high at all. Haiz. Just made an appointment with the Gynea. Will find out soon

The sticks can only be used once but the monitor is reusable. The sticks will have to insert into the monitor to detect and read the LH. The monitor stores information about your personal hormone patterns. It typically identifies up to 6 fertile days

I thought I wanna get my SIL to bring back till I see the price. So expensive.

Dear all

I'd like to share this kit that I was using, Wondfo brand:

http://www.amazon.com/Combo-Ovulati...pebp=1441006952982&perid=1SFYRMMSAVAC7A0G4AM1

It is very cheap for 50 ovulation test strips and 20 test strips. Reliable and accurate. Use 65daigou to ship them over and they cost about ~$40 including shipment. Way cheaper than those highly-marketed brands!

Ovulation test strips: Because there are so many of them, you can even test twice a day. This is particularly useful for those with irregular periods, and even more accurate for those with regular periods. It detects the rise and fall of LH, i.e. it pin points the release of your egg accurately. Faint band means presence of LH, strong band means increase of LH. Using the period calendar and these strips, i tested twice a day (once in morn and once at night) during the 3 days that I was supposed to be ovulating.

Pregnancy test strips: Faint band = presence of hCG as usual. It does NOT necessarily mean that you are pregnant. However, once there is even a faint band, I would suggest continue testing for the next few days to see if there is an increase in the intensity of the band. If there is, then book an appointment!

So far it has been very accurate for me, and I have very regular 28 day periods. I have had 2 pregnancies so far. Unfortunately the first one ended in a miscarriage at 6 weeks (this was 4 weeks ago). I am now pregnant for the second time at about 4 weeks! I detected my ovulation day with this kit about 16 days after the onset of the first day of bleeding (my miscarriage).

Hopefully this is an encouraging piece of information for all those TTC! It is possible to get pregnant soon after a miscarriage. Baby dust to all!!

Dear all

I'd like to share this kit that I was using, Wondfo brand:

http://www.amazon.com/Combo-Ovulati...pebp=1441006952982&perid=1SFYRMMSAVAC7A0G4AM1

It is very cheap for 50 ovulation test strips and 20 test strips. Reliable and accurate. Use 65daigou to ship them over and they cost about ~$40 including shipment. Way cheaper than those highly-marketed brands!

Ovulation test strips: Because there are so many of them, you can even test twice a day. This is particularly useful for those with irregular periods, and even more accurate for those with regular periods. It detects the rise and fall of LH, i.e. it pin points the release of your egg accurately. Faint band means presence of LH, strong band means increase of LH. Using the period calendar and these strips, i tested twice a day (once in morn and once at night) during the 3 days that I was supposed to be ovulating.

Pregnancy test strips: Faint band = presence of hCG as usual. It does NOT necessarily mean that you are pregnant. However, once there is even a faint band, I would suggest continue testing for the next few days to see if there is an increase in the intensity of the band. If there is, then book an appointment!

So far it has been very accurate for me, and I have very regular 28 day periods. I have had 2 pregnancies so far. Unfortunately the first one ended in a miscarriage at 6 weeks (this was 4 weeks ago). I am now pregnant for the second time at about 4 weeks! I detected my ovulation day with this kit about 16 days after the onset of the first day of bleeding (my miscarriage).

Hopefully this is an encouraging piece of information for all those TTC! It is possible to get pregnant soon after a miscarriage. Baby dust to all!!

Hi shokali,

Hope you will be able to carry this current pregnancy to full term.

Thank you. Mine is low bar throughout the whole cycle for the last two cycles. It didn't defect a high at all. Haiz. Just made an appointment with the Gynea. Will find out soon
I've met the Gynea. Today is d14, although fertility monitor shows one bar only, but the scan shows that the follicle egg has already collapsed. Means already ovulated. I asked the Gynea how come there is no urine detection? She says it could be machine not sensitive enough? Or follicle egg size didn't grow enough and it just collapsed hence no LH detection. Regardless, since already ovulated, we are supposed to BD asap.

I've met the Gynea. Today is d14, although fertility monitor shows one bar only, but the scan shows that the follicle egg has already collapsed. Means already ovulated. I asked the Gynea how come there is no urine detection? She says it could be machine not sensitive enough? Or follicle egg size didn't grow enough and it just collapsed hence no LH detection. Regardless, since already ovulated, we are supposed to BD asap.

Hi shuqin,

Did the gynae said when your follicle collapsed? If just recently, then if you BD within these 3 days, you will have a much higher chance of getting a BFP.

Good luck and jia you.

Hi shuqin,

Did the gynae said when your follicle collapsed? If just recently, then if you BD within these 3 days, you will have a much higher chance of getting a BFP.

Good luck and jia you.
Hi Tryingtoconcieve2014, the Gynea is unable to tell when the follicle collapsed. Based on calender, most fertile day is supposed to be d15, but today, it shows follicle collapsed. Do you know if fertile day is based on before or after or during the follicle collaosed?

Had pre menses symptoms since last week. Bloated, pimple breakout, fatigue. Menses due 3 days ago but tested bpn yesterday. :( guess menses delayed this time. Can't wait for it to come and get over with

Hi Tryingtoconcieve2014, the Gynea is unable to tell when the follicle collapsed. Based on calender, most fertile day is supposed to be d15, but today, it shows follicle collapsed. Do you know if fertile day is based on before or after or during the follicle collaosed?

Hi shuqin,

You will only be fertile for another 1 day (24 hours) after the follicle collapsed. After that, no use to Bd anymore.

AF reported in normal flow.. :(

Anyone hubby did semen analysis b4? Did he do at clinic or at home?

sorry to reply late. was told tt the semen needs to be "fresh" so unless u wan reach the clinic within an hr, then do it at hm. hb did at the fertility clinic. they got a room for the men, but room is not big.

sorry to reply late. was told tt the semen needs to be "fresh" so unless u wan reach the clinic within an hr, then do it at hm. hb did at the fertility clinic. they got a room for the men, but room is not big.

Thanks for the reply. Hubby find stress to do at clinic cos only a room and he can't produce. So we did it at home. Thanks for replying!

Hi, I've been TTC for a while. Been using clearblue preg kit. Quite depressing to see neg every mth. So this mth a bit hack care, I bought Watsons brand. I think I got a faint line. But I heard from a Fren that she got + on Watsons brand, then she tried clearblue and -. Does anyone has this experience? I'm thinking whether to try Clearblue....

It's another new cycle for me again.. does this fertility monitor good? I using clear blue advanced digital opk instead.

I am on CD6. Hope this is my mth :D

I read that for clearblue advance digital opk they do not sell the refill strips. Whereas I chose the fertility monitor cause we just need to buy the opk strip and the monitor have all the records of your ovulation from previous months and keep track of your cycle patterns.

I am on CD5 today. Hope its our month, this month! :)

I read that for clearblue advance digital opk they do not sell the refill strips. Whereas I chose the fertility monitor cause we just need to buy the opk strip and the monitor have all the records of your ovulation from previous months and keep track of your cycle patterns.

I am on CD5 today. Hope its our month, this month! :)

Ya, they didn't sell refill.. but I saw qoo10 did sell 30sticks refill at almost 100. So I didn't bought. Sound good for the fertility monitor but didn't buy that.hehe..

Jia you!!! This month!!

Want to check those using clear blue digital ovulation, how long does ur smiley face last? Mine only yst morning, this morning Dun have already and I BD last night only

Back