IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi
I will be doing my first IVF next month, am currently a subsidize patient with NUH for IUI, so considering to switch to private for my IVF. Can I know how much cash I have to pay if I want to engage Prof Wong for my IVF.

I did my OR this morning. Retrieved 17. But as my progesterone level is high= 10. My Dr said that I have to abandon this cycle. Will freeze my embbies & do FET in December. Any ladies out there with high progesterone? Any medthod/food to bring it down?
That happens to my last cycle. Progesterone level high, still go ahead transfer in view I only got 2 follicles fertilized and did transfer 2 with nothing to freeze. They indeed being washed out. If you to transfer another time, allow the body to settle down the medication in body, higher chance for FET. We need not do anything. Our body will do away the progesterone by itself. All the best. Cheers.

That happens to my last cycle. Progesterone level high, still go ahead transfer in view I only got 2 follicles fertilized and did transfer 2 with nothing to freeze. They indeed being washed out. If you to transfer another time, allow the body to settle down the medication in body, higher chance for FET. We need not do anything. Our body will do away the progesterone by itself. All the best. Cheers.
Dr said that I won't bfp cos high progesterone = can't implant. So now have to slowly 'tiao' back my body. Hopefully by Dec my body is well prepared. Fighting!!
All the best for your coming OR & ET ⛽⛽

Am 37 and after mc in jun my jul cycle was light and lasted 4 days. In aug no af yet. Am going to induce with pills soon and see if cycle resumes. Norm is 7 days with 2 nn3 heavy flow the rest subsiding.
Hi mesara,thks for e reply. 7 days is good n normal. All e best for yr cycle!

Dr said that I won't bfp cos high progesterone = can't implant. So now have to slowly 'tiao' back my body. Hopefully by Dec my body is well prepared. Fighting!!
All the best for your coming OR & ET ⛽⛽
Ur dr tested progesterone level after OR? I nv heard my nuh dr said that before? Any nuh-ers know abt this?

Ladies, I woke up this morning and I saw blood.... Not a Gd sign right? Haiz I think my happiness only last a day... Going down to the clinic now. Sob sob The rest of u jia you.

Ladies, I woke up this morning and I saw blood.... Not a Gd sign right? Haiz I think my happiness only last a day... Going down to the clinic now. Sob sob The rest of u jia you.
IVF pregnancies are very unstable and chances of getting spotting are very high..see what the doc says, don't worry and have lots of bedrest!

IVF pregnancies are very unstable and chances of getting spotting are very high..see what the doc says, don't worry and have lots of bedrest!
I'm really worried. And I need to work coz it's month end close. How I wish I don't need to work. All I want is for baby to be safe and healthy. My 1st pregnancy was stable and quite smooth. This time I really had a fright and am super scared.

I'm really worried. And I need to work coz it's month end close. How I wish I don't need to work. All I want is for baby to be safe and healthy. My 1st pregnancy was stable and quite smooth. This time I really had a fright and am super scared.
Please stay positive and cheerful. Your "bb" can feel your stress. They cannot take stress and you are causing harm to them. Take care and stay cheerful.

Yah, I m with sgh. Find this BT is important cos Dr said that the progesterone level will determine that we will have implementation or not.
To ladies out there doing OR & ET - jiayou! Fighting!!
Ohh.. Then why shouldn't it be a standard procedure across all hosp?
Does tmc check progesterone level?
So what happen if progesterone level is high? How do they lower the level?

Last edited:
Stay calm and relax. Yes, stress can do v negative things to your body...

Hi ladies, as i have a miscarriage recently in July and now my menses just come for this morning light ref flow but after that in the afternoon the blood is getting lighter.

Just went to the toilet and is like the pad is clean lo.. does anyone have this experience before.

Feel so sian and dont know what to do... :(:(

Hi ladies, as i have a miscarriage recently in July and now my menses just come for this morning light ref flow but after that in the afternoon the blood is getting lighter.

Just went to the toilet and is like the pad is clean lo.. does anyone have this experience before.

Wondersss, like you i miscarried in july. Lightly spotted since last friday till yesterday. No sign of menses. I did call clinic and checked, they mentioned for my case it shld be fine, unless it continues spotting again. How about calling your clinic to check ?

Stay calm and relax. Yes, stress can do v negative things to your body...
Thanks! Yes I have to stay positive. Given another 1 week mc gotta bed rest. The thing is I took 2 weeks HL and I didn't tell anyone in office why. Now extend another week. My boss ask me to continue work.... Haiz. How I wish I can quit. Really dislike this company and boss.

Thanks! Yes I have to stay positive. Given another 1 week mc gotta bed rest. The thing is I took 2 weeks HL and I didn't tell anyone in office why. Now extend another week. My boss ask me to continue work.... Haiz. How I wish I can quit. Really dislike this company and boss.
You may want to tell your boss about what you have been going through. The company and boss should be able to understand. Take care and not to feel stress anymore. Please, for the sick of "bb"!

You may want to tell your boss about what you have been going through. The company and boss should be able to understand. Take care and not to feel stress anymore. Please, for the sick of "bb"!
Yah I'm trying to relax. Do abit then rest. Work is secondary to me now. I don't intend to tell coz my boss is a very gossipy person. In fact I can't wait to get out of this company. She keep asking me if I'm preg yet she still ask me to work. And she's a mum herself...

Thanks all for the listening ear.... Just need to vent it out. I will relax and stay positive

Hi sisters,

Any sisters have experience on sucessful FET before ? Any sister can tell what to dos and not to dos before and during FET cycle ?
I did but that was three years ago and I can't quite remember. I only remember I had tonic soup once a week, had chicken essence every day, ate lots of fruits and vegetables and took folic acid.

Yah I'm trying to relax. Do abit then rest. Work is secondary to me now. I don't intend to tell coz my boss is a very gossipy person. In fact I can't wait to get out of this company. She keep asking me if I'm preg yet she still ask me to work. And she's a mum herself...

Thanks all for the listening ear.... Just need to vent it out. I will relax and stay positive
Will ur doc be able to give u HL for this?

Hello sisters,

I did my ER this morning. Retrieved 16 eggs in total. They said will let me know the result tomorrow and tell me when to do ET. Fingers crossed. I came home to rest and was in and out of sleep... So groggy now.

I have a business trip coming up in two weeks. Can we still travel?

Hello sisters,

I did my ER this morning. Retrieved 16 eggs in total. They said will let me know the result tomorrow and tell me when to do ET. Fingers crossed. I came home to rest and was in and out of sleep... So groggy now.

I have a business trip coming up in two weeks. Can we still travel?
Koirc, do you remember me? We were doing ivf the same period 3 years ago. U jia you ok? Good news tomorrow.

Yes! After been thru so much emotionally and financially, i too feel that work is secondary now. In fact, everything seems so secondary to me now. U can just tell ur boss u had operation for women prob. Thatz why u got the 2 week HL. Due to some complication, doc advised that u rest longer to have a proper recovery, hence the 1 week mc. If they probe further, just say its hard to explain. Den just brush it off.

@wondersss , i think our hormones need time to return back to normal post miscarriag. So, maybe u can monitor for few more months.

Going for my first scan coming fri after 7 days stimming. Super excited and nervous. Don feel anything now. No bloatedness or whatsoever. Really wonder if my eggies are even growing.

Hi ladies, anyone here has Thalassemia? If so, did your Dr advised you not to transfer two embryos in case you might get twins?

Hi dear, I don't have Thalassemia however, I faced the same issue as you as my doc is adamant about transferring only one embryo regardless of the yields. Reason given same like urs - body won't be able to handle twins due to my medical history. Am feeling quite bumped too. To me, it's about probability hence putting in 2 equates to having 2 chances. Sadly, my doc doesn't agree with me

Back