Any Recommendations for Gd Gynae @ KKH?

jeffcraze

Hi,

Any recommendations for gd gynae at KKH? Also, any difference btw gynae fees for private patients & TPS patients?

Me and my sis also seeing Prof Han. He delivered our #1 & #2, I'm seeing now for my #3 :)

Not a lot of price difference between private gynae and KKH private if you are comparing normal delivery or C-sect. (excluding complications like emergency c-sect etc)

Me and my sis also seeing Prof Han. He delivered our #1 & #2, I'm seeing now for my #3 :)

Not a lot of price difference between private gynae and KKH private if you are comparing normal delivery or C-sect. (excluding complications like emergency c-sect etc)

Oh, I actually meant private patients under KKH and TPS patients coz i remb some ppl mentioning got diff in waiting time and seeing gynae at diff location? Any idea on this?

Is there a different?? When I request for Prof Han automatically is added as a private patient seeing him in TPS. I understand that if seeing under him but at AMK clinic will be slightly cheaper.

Used to see Prof John Tee at TPS for #1. Thinking of switching gynae to either Prof Han, Dr Tan HH or Dr June Tan. Any reccomendations?

Btw first visit usually at week 6 or 8?

Amk is quite out of the way for me.. haha.. so gotta go kkh ba..

I am currently seeing a pte gynae but am thinking of switching to seeing gynae at KKH coz of the maternity benefits my co has.. =p

Any idea if kkh gynae will accept patients who switch around mid way thru pregnancy?

Amk is quite out of the way for me.. haha.. so gotta go kkh ba..

I am currently seeing a pte gynae but am thinking of switching to seeing gynae at KKH coz of the maternity benefits my co has.. =p

Any idea if kkh gynae will accept patients who switch around mid way thru pregnancy?

Hi jeffcraze

i would like to find out did you eventually change from a pte gynae to kkh gynae? cos i am thinking of doing the same thing, change from pte to kkh..

Dr. Han delivered my #1 in 2013 and will deliver #2 in a few months :) im comfortable with him. Very reassuring.

Used to see Prof John Tee at TPS for #1. Thinking of switching gynae to either Prof Han, Dr Tan HH or Dr June Tan. Any reccomendations?

Btw first visit usually at week 6 or 8?

momo mum, can I check why you want to switch from prof john tee? he no good or what? thanks...

Hi jeffcraze

i would like to find out did you eventually change from a pte gynae to kkh gynae? cos i am thinking of doing the same thing, change from pte to kkh..

Hi aprjune,

Yup, did the switch from pte to kkh gynae. Juz need to get all the reports from yr pte gynae & pass to yr kkh gynae to make a copy will do. Do note that some of the kkh gynae do not accept patients who are too far along in their pregnancy.

Hello, Recently just got my first baby(5 wks), trying to book my appointment for Prof Han How Chuan. waiting for kkh to get back.
KKH was saying he is under private no subsidy, what does it meant?
Does the price for kkh A ward under MOH website still apply? (https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...nancing/HospitalBillSize/delivery_normal.html)
Or I still need to pay the doctor a fee other than the 4.5K~5.8K stated on the website?
Sorry, very new to this over here.

Hello, Recently just got my first baby(5 wks), trying to book my appointment for Prof Han How Chuan. waiting for kkh to get back.
KKH was saying he is under private no subsidy, what does it meant?
Does the price for kkh A ward under MOH website still apply? (https://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_...nancing/HospitalBillSize/delivery_normal.html)
Or I still need to pay the doctor a fee other than the 4.5K~5.8K stated on the website?
Sorry, very new to this over here.

Hi Rinoa,

Firstly, congrats :)

There are 2 types of consultation: Private & Subsidised rates.

1) Private rate means you can choose your preferred gynae and he/she will stick to you throughout your pregnancy, of cos the
costs are definitely more than subsidised rate.

2) Subsidised rate means you cannot choose your preferred gynae as KKH will appoint the gynae and you may be seeing different gynae
throughout your pregnancy journey. The costs are reduced as it is subsidised. If I'm not wrong you will need a referral from polyclinic
in order to make use of the subsidies.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Hi Rinoa,

Firstly, congrats :)

There are 2 types of consultation: Private & Subsidised rates.

1) Private rate means you can choose your preferred gynae and he/she will stick to you throughout your pregnancy, of cos the
costs are definitely more than subsidised rate.

2) Subsidised rate means you cannot choose your preferred gynae as KKH will appoint the gynae and you may be seeing different gynae
throughout your pregnancy journey. The costs are reduced as it is subsidised. If I'm not wrong you will need a referral from polyclinic
in order to make use of the subsidies.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Hi northern light, thanks.. I was consider refer from poly clinic so my bill at 24hrs clinic was subsidy.. But after discuss w husband, it's better to get the doc so we become private patient in kkh.. I remember my hormone pill was $2+ for 28 pills while stated from other MTB it's $2 a pill which turn out to be $20+.. So I was thinking out loud.. Understand consultation fee is ex as private.. How about other stuff like medicine? Is the price follow govt hospital rate or private rate like other gynae.. Anyway, if this sat I have an ans to it, will share this detail here..
Afterall just want to find out if there is any benefit as a private in kkh beside just in case having complication..

Hi Rinoa,

I am both private patient at KKH & Mount E (due to some issues), the costs of the meds & tests are definitely more expensive in the latter.

Enjoy your pregnancy process, cheers.

Hi all, just to share that I have been just informed by Prof John Tee that he is not doing delivery from next year onwards and he referred me to another gynae. You might want take note when booking gynae from KKH

Hi Sharon, my wife is also seeing prof John tee however was also being told that he don't delivery after next year. Was refer to Dr Tan Kai Lit by him.

Wondering if anyone have experience with Dr Tan ?

Hi Sharon, my wife is also seeing prof John tee however was also being told that he don't delivery after next year. Was refer to Dr Tan Kai Lit by him.

Wondering if anyone have experience with Dr Tan ?
Hi @darenn,

I saw some patients are trf to Dr Tan K L and Dr Pamela. But my case is slightly different. I was trf to Dr Shephali as she did an emergency cerclage for me in my 21wk.

Maybe u can search the forum for Dr KL Tan review?

Back