Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Hi, @sundowner congrats. its nuh protocol. I think kkh also does the same. Its 2ww for scan after bfp. I think the twice a week jab will have to be continue till the first trimester. And also continue inserts too.

Thanks babydusty!
I did my ivf with a private fertility centre & was put on progynova, utrogestan & duphaston since my LMP in late June. I just got my dosage reduced.

Lots of baby dust to u!!

Hi,

KKH only prescribed Duphaston after we are tested positive during the blood test, no progesterone jabs.

U may not need the jabs all the way till end of first trimester. I think that's extra support for the pregnancy. Maybe after the first scan and u get to see the sac and bb's heartbeat then doctor might stop it. Can check with the ladies from NUH. =)

Kkh do give jabs once a week (if spotting).

Else as what Shinkirou mentioned, will be jus duphaston and folic acid. :)

I had my blood test on 12dp3dt and its 103. I had my repeat blood test yesterday on 16dp3dt and the result is 1000 something. Im with nuh. The nurse arrange an early scan this thurs instead of next week. Prof instruction she said. Do i have anything to be worried? I ask her why so early? She said prof concerned from 100 plus jump to 1000 plus. So scan should be can see already. Do I have to worry of an ectopic pregnancy?

Hi babydusty,

As far as I know, the numbers usually double within 48 hours. Yours is 96 hours and it is already 10 times. So that is why the nurse is concerned. Maybe do the scan early to check that it is twins or not, besides ectopic pregnancy.

Anyway, do keep us updated of the scan results.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here and I am excited to say that my first IVF procedure with 1 embryo transferred has been successful and I am now 5weeks pregnant! However, the past 1 week has been quite worrying as well as I am afraid of the countless things that could happen during the first trimester. So I hope to gain some confidence and support from other mummies in this group who understands what I am experiencing.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here and I am excited to say that my first IVF procedure with 1 embryo transferred has been successful and I am now 5weeks pregnant! However, the past 1 week has been quite worrying as well as I am afraid of the countless things that could happen during the first trimester. So I hope to gain some confidence and support from other mummies in this group who understands what I am experiencing.

Hi jesschen28,

First about, congratulations on your pregnancy. Second, if money is not an issue, then maybe you can consider applying to work from home (or get home leave) for the whole of the first trimester, as IVF babies are more prone to miscarriage during the first trimester if move around a lot. So the best is to bed rest. Third, you will certainly feel a lot more at ease, when you see the sac and embryo's heartbeat during the first scan.

And you have to be also very careful with your diet too. If you want the list, just PM (private message) me. Two no-no of diets during the pregnancy, especially in the first trimester is liang cha (herbal tea unless it is from medical hall, as my first tcm in marine parade said that my unknowingly taking this during my first unexpected pregnancy could be what caused the miscarriage) and almond tea dessert (I cannot be sure if this is the cause of my miscarriage in mid June this year), as I also was suffering from subchrionic bleeding in early pregnancy.

If both you and your husband are not conventional/traditional believer, you may want to see tcm sinseh to stabilize the pregnancy. Just PM me and I will be more than happy to give you the details.

Finally, have a happy and healthy 9 months pregnancy ahead.

Hi jesschen28,

First about, congratulations on your pregnancy. Second, if money is not an issue, then maybe you can consider applying to work from home (or get home leave) for the whole of the first trimester, as IVF babies are more prone to miscarriage during the first trimester if move around a lot. So the best is to bed rest. Third, you will certainly feel a lot more at ease, when you see the sac and embryo's heartbeat during the first scan.

And you have to be also very careful with your diet too. If you want the list, just PM (private message) me. Two no-no of diets during the pregnancy, especially in the first trimester is liang cha (herbal tea unless it is from medical hall, as my first tcm in marine parade said that my unknowingly taking this during my first unexpected pregnancy could be what caused the miscarriage) and almond tea dessert (I cannot be sure if this is the cause of my miscarriage in mid June this year), as I also was suffering from subchrionic bleeding in early pregnancy.

If both you and your husband are not conventional/traditional believer, you may want to see tcm sinseh to stabilize the pregnancy. Just PM me and I will be more than happy to give you the details.

Finally, have a happy and healthy 9 months pregnancy ahead.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014, thanks for the words of advice and I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Hope you are better now...

I have converted to part-time teaching for this year so that I can concentrate on the IVF but I did think about taking no pay leave for the first trimester but money will be a problem. Will consider it again though...
My gynae told me not to take chinese medicine so I don't even dare to take the herbal teas. I think I am quite kiasi when it comes to this...haha

I will PM you for the list after this...Thanks for sharing :)

Congrats jesschen28!

Yes... Rest if u can.. Important esp in first trimester. :)

Thanks Faith-bb! Actually now i am quite scared after hearing about how vulnerable IVF first trimester is, especially when my womb and back hurts after a tiring day at work today. Really considering the no pay leave for the remaining 2 months of the first trimester.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014, thanks for the words of advice and I am so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Hope you are better now...

I have converted to part-time teaching for this year so that I can concentrate on the IVF but I did think about taking no pay leave for the first trimester but money will be a problem. Will consider it again though...
My gynae told me not to take chinese medicine so I don't even dare to take the herbal teas. I think I am quite kiasi when it comes to this...haha

Hi jesschen28,

I see. Yes, some gynae. are afraid for the western medicine to mix with the Chinese medicine, and some just do not believe in Chinese medicine at all.

Hi jesschen28,

Just to share with you a story of my best friend in London (UK). 6 years back, she succeeded in IVF; however, she continued to go to work, by taking the MRT, and walking to and fro her house to the MRT station; and she also continued her weekend cleaning with a friend; she was afraid to tell the friend, and still continued to squat down and bend down to clean the bathtub and the whole toilet etc. Eventually, she miscarried at week 12, a very beautiful baby boy with no apparent issues on the outlook. After that, she tried 2nd time IVF a few years later, but did not succeed anymore. In the end, coz money is an issue, she and her husband adopted a newborn baby girl a mother abandoned outside the hospital in her hometown. The girl is now nearly 3 years old.

Hi babydusty, I'm 8 weeks preggie with twins from ivf procedure. Why is there a need for jabs during 2ww? I dun recall anymore jabs after the embryo transfer..
Congrats Sundowner! At 8 weeks they can already tell that you have twins? That's cool! How many did you transfer back?

Hi Jess,

I'm teaching too and have been working during my first trimester. I'm in my early second trimester now. Do not strain your body or overexert if you are tired. If u feel unwell in the morning, u can always go to ur GP for medical leave. They are v understanding.

I've been advised to avoid taking any chinese medicine / tonic in first trimester too.

My gynae mentioned that not all IVF pregnancies are considered high risk. It really depends on the situation. Don't worry too much. Just take good care of yourself. =)

Last edited:
Hi Jess,

I'm teaching too and has been working during my first trimester. I'm in my early second trimester now. Do not strain your body or overexert if you are tired. If u feel unwell in the morning, u can always go to ur GP for medical leave. They are v understanding.

I've been advised to avoid taking any chinese medicine / tonic in first trimester too.

My gynae mentioned that not all IVF pregnancies are considered high risk. It really depends on the situation. Don't worrry too much. Just take good care of yourself. =)

Hi Shinirou, nice to know someone from the same line here ;) It's just that sometimes when I work, I will forget that I am pregnant and start overexerting, only to regret later when my lower back and womb starts to ache...

Hi Shinirou, nice to know someone from the same line here ;) It's just that sometimes when I work, I will forget that I am pregnant and start overexerting, only to regret later when my lower back and womb starts to ache...

I often push myself too hard at work too but I have wonderful colleagues who will remind me to slow down and rest. We will really need to constantly remind ourselves to slow down and let go cos bb is our top priority. Later part of first trimester might be tougher if you get morning sickness (which affect us the entire day actually).

I'm also reminding myself not to lose my cool in class now cos after 16 weeks, bb can hear us. Don't want to scare the bb. Haha. =)

Congrats Sundowner! At 8 weeks they can already tell that you have twins? That's cool! How many did you transfer back?

Thanks jesschen28!

Congrats to you too on BFP!!

I transferred 2 embryos out of unforeseen circumstances. Glad that both survived but also kinda worried abt twin complications.

U should be able to see the fetus heartbeat in your 6/7 week scan soon :)

Thanks jesschen28!

Congrats to you too on BFP!!

I transferred 2 embryos out of unforeseen circumstances. Glad that both survived but also kinda worried abt twin complications.

U should be able to see the fetus heartbeat in your 6/7 week scan soon :)

Thanks! So exciting to be carrying twins! I always tell my hubby that if I can have twins, I can 'close shop' after that already ;)

Yups...can't wait for my scan next week!

Thanks! So exciting to be carrying twins! I always tell my hubby that if I can have twins, I can 'close shop' after that already ;)

Yups...can't wait for my scan next week!

There are some implications with twin pregnancy. For instance, I have terrible morning sickness (more like all day sickness), indigestion and heartburn. I have completely lost my appetite at this point of time. I can't sleep well too, confused over whether it's due to hunger or indigestion.

Also, I worry a lot abt twin complications such as unequal birth weights, premature babies, underweight babies, having to go thru cesarean instead of natural birth etc.

That aside, I do intend to close my factory upon successful delivery of the twins. Hopefully first and last pregnancy. Too old to tahan all this suffering. Haha.

Do share with us results of your scan next week!! :)

There are some implications with twin pregnancy. For instance, I have terrible morning sickness (more like all day sickness), indigestion and heartburn. I have completely lost my appetite at this point of time. I can't sleep well too, confused over whether it's due to hunger or indigestion.

Also, I worry a lot abt twin complications such as unequal birth weights, premature babies, underweight babies, having to go thru cesarean instead of natural birth etc.

That aside, I do intend to close my factory upon successful delivery of the twins. Hopefully first and last pregnancy. Too old to tahan all this suffering. Haha.

Hi sundowner,

My cousin's wife in Taiwan. 10 years ago, she did succeed in her 3rd try of IVF and conceived twins (a boy and a girl). After that, she closed shop already.

I think it is common to have so many worries when one is pregnant with a kid, moreover, you have twins. But I think we should try to encourage one another not to think too much and stay positive. Initially when I knew that I was pregnant, I was so worried over everything in the first few days until I couldn't sleep at night. Luckily, I got over that after talking to other mummy friends and I am sleeping well now. So jia you!! Hopefully your morning sickness will end soon!

hi guys! just wanted to drop a note of encouragement. I conceived via IVF on my 2nd try through a private gynae and am currently at week 24.
My husband and i have been through a lot to make this work. I went on a 1 year no pay leave to try for ivf and eventually didnt return to work due to disagreements with the new boss on the terms of my return. I was devastated at that point, I was 3 weeks pregnant then.
Anyhoo, it is an exciting yet scary time for all of you, i can imagine!! I was delirious when i first found out. I started crying outside the gynae clinic :oops:. But due to my super kancheong nature, that happiness was replaced by kancheongness and a lot of fear. I had bad bouts of insomnia too.
While the first trimester is risky, don't worry too much alright? Just continue on all the support meds and jabs. There is only so much you can do. When i get kancheong, i just tell myself 'no bleeding, no cramps, im still pregnant', n i feel a bit better after that.

Good luck and congrats everyone!

I think it is common to have so many worries when one is pregnant with a kid, moreover, you have twins. But I think we should try to encourage one another not to think too much and stay positive. Initially when I knew that I was pregnant, I was so worried over everything in the first few days until I couldn't sleep at night. Luckily, I got over that after talking to other mummy friends and I am sleeping well now. So jia you!! Hopefully your morning sickness will end soon!

Yes let's all be more positive. Nausea and indigestion just signify a viable pregnancy!

My sis got me a maternity pillow and it makes me sleep better now. I use it more for the back support rather than belly which isn't showing much yet. My lower back pain is finally getting better!

Jia U everyone :)

hi guys! just wanted to drop a note of encouragement. I conceived via IVF on my 2nd try through a private gynae and am currently at week 24.
My husband and i have been through a lot to make this work. I went on a 1 year no pay leave to try for ivf and eventually didnt return to work due to disagreements with the new boss on the terms of my return. I was devastated at that point, I was 3 weeks pregnant then.
Anyhoo, it is an exciting yet scary time for all of you, i can imagine!! I was delirious when i first found out. I started crying outside the gynae clinic :oops:. But due to my super kancheong nature, that happiness was replaced by kancheongness and a lot of fear. I had bad bouts of insomnia too.
While the first trimester is risky, don't worry too much alright? Just continue on all the support meds and jabs. There is only so much you can do. When i get kancheong, i just tell myself 'no bleeding, no cramps, im still pregnant', n i feel a bit better after that.

Good luck and congrats everyone!

Quite hard not to be kan cheong right? Haha.

Indeed pregnant with twins can be worrying.. But it's double blessings!

So let's look forward!

I'm pregnant with twins on my 3rd fresh.. Now in my midst of week17..

Resting at hm though... Not wanting to take risk.. :)

Hey faith, u took annual leave to rest at home? Doc gave me a week of HL to rest partly bcos of my high bp & partly cos of my bad nausea.

Hv u done oscar or harmony test? I'm in a dilemma cos I'm afraid of bad results so thinking not to go for either test.

If ivf baby or baby not stable, better to rest at home during the first trimester; as a baby is so hard to come by for some of us, and we cannot afford to take risks, which we will regret later on in life.

Hey faith, u took annual leave to rest at home? Doc gave me a week of HL to rest partly bcos of my high bp & partly cos of my bad nausea.

Hv u done oscar or harmony test? I'm in a dilemma cos I'm afraid of bad results so thinking not to go for either test.

Had HL and thereafter will clear my leave ba

I did Oscar (NT and BT) @ Kkh but NT result don't reflect well. (Guess due to twins thus time taken longer and sonagrapher not that patient? )

Went to RH the next day to do NT scan again and result was fine. Did Harmony too and result came back fine too.

If already make up mind that regardless what, will still wan keep baby, u might not want go for it

I went mainly for a peace of mind
Even if result eventually not good, at least mentally prepared and know what to expect in the future.

Hey mummies, I finally puked for the first time in the morning today. Morning sickness has set in...Although it is very uncomfortable, I am happy that my body is reacting to the little one inside. Anyone has any remedy for morning sickness? Like anything to eat or drink to make me feel a bit better?

Hey mummies, I finally puked for the first time in the morning today. Morning sickness has set in...Although it is very uncomfortable, I am happy that my body is reacting to the little one inside. Anyone has any remedy for morning sickness? Like anything to eat or drink to make me feel a bit better?

Morning sickness tells us that the baby is growing well. =)

Just take multiple small meals and don't go hungry for it'll trigger nausea. Take some crackers in the morning if u tend to vomit in the morning.

Don't take too much water at one go. Small sips throughout the day. Some of the ladies couldn't stand drinking plain water so they took ribena instead.

I drank ribena and ate apples..

Keep your tummy warm. It eases the discomfort for me. Apples work slightly for me too.

hi all, I just had my BT last saturday and it was positive with HCG 900+. However will only scan for heartbeat on 2nd october. I'm so worried if it's a chemical or ectopic. Does your dr check your HCG every few days?

hi all, I just had my BT last saturday and it was positive with HCG 900+. However will only scan for heartbeat on 2nd october. I'm so worried if it's a chemical or ectopic. Does your dr check your HCG every few days?
Congrat! You are with Kkh right?

They don't do hcg check every few days, unless ur initial hcg level is less than 250 I think

Usually the next wait (abt 2weeks later) is for the scan to see the sac and probably the fetal pole. :)

Congrat! You are with Kkh right?

They don't do hcg check every few days, unless ur initial hcg level is less than 250 I think

Usually the next wait (abt 2weeks later) is for the scan to see the sac and probably the fetal pole. :)

Thank you :) I'm with RH.

Ooh so not all hospitals will keep monitoring HCG?
Yes my scan will be in 2 weeks time. So scary. I hope all will be fine.

How far along are you faith? I remember seeing you in the IVF support thread. :)

Thank you :) I'm with RH.

Ooh so not all hospitals will keep monitoring HCG?
Yes my scan will be in 2 weeks time. So scary. I hope all will be fine.

How far along are you faith? I remember seeing you in the IVF support thread. :)

HCG of 900+ is very high.. Congrats!!

My first beta was 618 at 13dp5dt (frozen cycle) & second beta a week later was 8294. I transferred 2 embryos & both implanted.

Back