Advice needed on a good Gynae

Hi Akeelah! Yes I am a first time mum. Things have not sinked in yet for me so still in disbelief. Have you heard your baby's heartbeat yet? I'm quite nervous (hoping all is well inside me) and super excited as well. I cant feel anything except for occasional cramps. I'm having serious caffeine withdrawal. lol.

Oh btw, as i was reading up on skincare during pregnancy, there are quite a number of chemicals we should avoid. Now I'm wondering if I should relook my cleansers/moisturizers/makeup. You might want to read up on this as well: http://www.15minutebeauty.com/2013/08/pregnancy-safe-skincare-products.html

Great, we are the same then! First timers.

Yep, heard the heart beat at 9 weeks 1 day last two weeks. So far, my nausea moments have passed, thankfully.
And thanks for the info on skincare during pregnancy.

Do keep me updated after your 22nd appointment!

Hi, this is my first pregnancy, just tested positive. so shld i go see gynae only aft 6 weeks (as adviced by TMC when i called to check)?
I've been having very bad cramps, is it normal? =/

Dr Joycelyn Wong.

My 2 kids are delivered by her. She is a patient gynae.

Shapig, cramps because your womb is expanding, if it is too painful, go to your gynae. Don't wait until your appointment day.

thanks. i hope the cramp is normal. it was quite bad last week (woke up in middle of the night), and this week better.
yup i schedule to meet gynae next week.

Mine also under Dr Joycelyn Wong, she very popular and be prepare to wait very long for her appointment. I remember i need to wait for 1 mth to see her. But she don't have package.

Hello! I'm expecting my 1st child and am seeking advice for gynae too... My friends recommended me male gynaes (as they all delivered with male gynaes), am thinking of a female one instead. Just worried they don't have the time to address me and my hubby's concerns... !st child = inexperienced... :p

Try Dr Adrian Tan at TMC. He's super friendly and always ready to answer your questions.
He won't rush thru the appointments and very chatty too.
Dr Adrian makes me feel at ease and i really enjoy my scans everytime.
I have been with him for 2 pregnancies.
He is in the same clinic as Dr Joycelyn Wong and Caroline Khi.
Actually all 3 of them are very good gynaes.

Thumbs up! Highly recommended.

Try Dr Adrian Tan at TMC. He's super friendly and always ready to answer your questions.
He won't rush thru the appointments and very chatty too.
Dr Adrian makes me feel at ease and i really enjoy my scans everytime.
I have been with him for 2 pregnancies.
He is in the same clinic as Dr Joycelyn Wong and Caroline Khi.
Actually all 3 of them are very good gynaes.

Thumbs up! Highly recommended.
yes all 3 are good gynaes .. am using Khi but need to highlight their consultation fees
Wong is the most exp..followed by Khi and follow by Tan
and their queue are not short :p

yes all 3 are good gynaes .. am using Khi but need to highlight their consultation fees
Wong is the most exp..followed by Khi and follow by Tan
and their queue are not short :p

I normally waited +10/15mins, if I already fixed an appointment with Dr Adrian.
So i am pretty fine with the wait. It's pretty short compared to other gynaes.

His consultation duration around 15-20mins a patient.
He will take time to explain the details, and very patient.

I normally waited +10/15mins, if I already fixed an appointment with Dr Adrian.
So i am pretty fine with the wait. It's pretty short compared to other gynaes.

His consultation duration around 15-20mins a patient.
He will take time to explain the details, and very patient.
for Khi with appointment i still have to wait > 30 mins lolz

I'm having my first baby now.. And I chose Dr C.W. Lee at china square cos it's near my office. Regretted big time.
He is really irresponsible and his nurses are all untrained, china/Malaysians.
I signed up a package with him months back and was told that I can walk in for check ups for free anytime.
Last week, I went over as I was having chest pains and gastric problems cos the baby's growing, pushing the lungs and gastric. He charged me consultation and insisted that the package only covers pregnancy related consultations. the chest pains I was getting was not pregnancy related at all, even though he explained it was due to the baby growing.

He mentioned to check my heartbeat and got the nurse to loosen up my bra. The nurse, being super unprofessional, lifted up my bra and exposed my breasts to her. I felt really uncomfortable and told my husband about it.

One week later, which is today, I went to take my previous reports as I'm changing my gynae. He insisted that his nurse did not lift up my bra at all. and when the nurse was asked to clarify, she mentioned that she covered me with a towel. When was there even a towel?!?!? They argued their way through and I just thought, it was really irresponsible and unprofessional of them to do so.
I would not recommend this gynae at all. I guess nobody wants to expose their breasts just for the checking of heartbeat and when you complain, they make up stories to cover up for themselves.
Dr C.W. Lee, China Square Level 2.
Any gynae but him.

Highly recommend Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC. I was referred by my friend who had previous miscarriages but aft changing gynae to him, delivered a beautiful baby under his care. He used to be a senior consultant at KKH too. I'm a super anxious first time mummy, had some scares along the way and even cried in his office. But he's a super reassuring dr, very patient with all our questions and very humorous too, so that eases my fear a lot. We always hear lots of laughter from the patients consulting with him when waiting for our turn too. His nurses remember me by name and are really warm too.

Had heard a lot of horror stories about pain after c-sec (mine was an emergency), but surprisingly I didn't have much pain in my wound. I was out of my bed and walking around freely two days after my delivery and no pain at all since then. Dr Tham was also very kind in helping us save on our hospital bill and wanted to discharge me on the 3rd day since I was ok (my friends on c-sec usually stay 4-5 days) but we were waiting for our CL to arrive so stayed additional day instead.

I'll definitely return to him for my #2 next time.

I highly recommend Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC too.
I just delivered #2 under his care.

He's very professional and caring throughout the pregnancy journey.

My #1 was with other gynae, in Parkway East Hospital, that is very popular gynae too.

So much differences between 2 of them, and Dr Ben has given the extra miles cares for his patients.
He arranged to put on the binder directly after my c-sect. While my previous gynae just asked my husband to bought the binder at guardian, and without explanations on the purpose of the binder.

He has arranged for me to put on the stockings to prevent the blood clot on the legs.

He also saved on our hospital bill. I didnt really feel the c sect pain, only the tummy cramp that he explained it's normal due to the shrinking of the uterus.

And the best part is, he's checking my breastfeeding journey and arrange the LC to meet me up.
I am trully greatful to meet this kind of gynae.

Thumbs up for his services :)

Too bad that I didnt see him for my #1.
I would definitely come back to him if I have #3, but as of now, 2 is enough for us :p

Hi,

Please don't go to KKH & TMC. Especially Dr Lawrence Ang (TWC)!!! I feel that he is unprofessional.

You can try Dr Tan Jui Seng from JB, Malaysia.

PM me if you are ok with my recommendation :)

Hi,

I happen to come across this thread and my personal comments.
Doctor Kang Wee is good, she sees me for my 4 children when she was practising at KK Hospital as Senior Consultant.
Now heard she is at Mount Alvernia Hospital. She made me feel totally comfortable during the normal birth deliveries.

I'm with Dr Heng Tung Lan from Parkway East and had a good experience with her so far. Some may find her a bit fast and chop chop when it comes to consultation but I'm ok with that. During delivery, she just chatted as per normal and ease my fear coz I see her so relaxed.

So far so good and let's see how my episiotomy wound heals. It has been a week and she said it has healed. But I wanna check out the look of it after the stitches melt.

Hi Friends,

This is my first pregnancy and I am 7 weeks now. One of my friends suggested Dr. Cindy Pang from Mt.E. Any feedback on her?

Hi all, for those seeing Dr Joycelyn Wong @tmc, wondering can i transfer to see her at my 3rd trimester? I am about 11 weeks now and doing my regular check up at KK at the moment. Have few more appointment to go until week 20. Is it possible to transfer to Dr Wong in the later stage?? Thanks!

Dr LN Sim, a doctor with little words, but actually she is s motherly and very experience. Package at 16 weeks $700. Stitching is gd, after delivery no pain which i m surprise :)

Couple of questions :

1.) Does anyone know who is the gynae who helped fann wong deliver?
2.) Does anyone have any recommendations of a gynae who is good with C -sect? preferably in Gleneagles or Mount E

urgent thanks..!

Recommend Dr fong chuan wee at gleneagles. Very experience can handle even if your pregnancy is complicated

Dr Dharshini
Her clinic is at Novena but she delivers at TMC and Mount Elizabeth.
She is the only gynae who lets you message and whatsapp her any time of the day throughout my pregnancy and I felt so cared for and less anxious than I was with my previous pregnancy. Will definitely encourage mummies who want TLC and professional care to see her anyday!

Dr LN Sim, a doctor with little words, but actually she is s motherly and very experience. Package at 16 weeks $700. Stitching is gd, after delivery no pain which i m surprise :)
Hi can advice how mch is delivery fees?

Also any other charges? Does Dr sim deliver mount A natural? Thanks

Dr Joycelyn Wong.

My 2 kids are delivered by her. She is a patient gynae.

Shapig, cramps because your womb is expanding, if it is too painful, go to your gynae. Don't wait until your appointment day.
Hi, mind to share her charges? Any package?

Dr HK Ho at Mt Alvernia.
My 3 kids are delivered by him.
Very very experienced.
His clinic is at Mt Alvernia itself.
Professional and steady gynae.
I second that wife just got delivered our 2nd kid. The first one she was in so much pain for min 2weeks and with the breast feeding pain she almost got into depression. Under Dr HK Ho wife managed to walk the nxt day and by 3rd day she no need to take pain killers. I am damn impressed. You can say he is expensive but he is the safest bet. At 30weeks, dr ho actually discovered a tear in the womb not sure if its due to previous pregnancy and it could have cause premature delivery. Imagine the cost of nicu. However, with dr ho advise and care our baby out at 38weeks.

Back