IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Hi ladies, can anyone share with me what are the food we should eat during stim and 2ww period? I saw it somewhere but can't find it anymore.

I am doing the long cycle. Thanks in advance.

Hi towkayneo,
Can you let me know wht scan you have done that it is able to detect fluid? As i have a suspected right blocked tube and i had a chemical pregnancy and lost my twins @ 5+ weeks for my both tries.
Therefore i really want to be prepared myself for my final try.
Hi wondersss, actually, I did the HSG after the removal of the 1st tube, but they did not find anything wrong with the remaining tube or fluid. That was why I proceeded with IVF. It was really one of those normal scans for follicles and lining that the sonographer found out that there was fluid in the cavity. Hence, she referred me to THH for a discussion. That was when I know about this fluid thingy.

Usually suspected blocked tubes high chance blocked. Why I decided to go ahead with removal of the remaining tube is that, since I am going for IVF (the chances of natural is v slim), I might as well up the chances of getting a baby, rather than keep the bad tube and go IVF - the chances will be lowered and I will be caught in the vicious cycle of BFN.

Hi ladies, can anyone share with me what are the food we should eat during stim and 2ww period? I saw it somewhere but can't find it anymore.

I am doing the long cycle. Thanks in advance.
Eat more protein, red date tea and brazil nuts. They all aid implantation. I know some ladies drink Ensure Milk during 2WW for better nutrients. No cooling stuff for the time being like watermelon, cucumber etc. Wear socks when you sleep.

Hi, does anyone know whether can we still bed/unprotected sex if doing endo scratching for that month?

Sisters, need ur advices!
Went for my 2nd scan @ kkivf tdy. I had blocker jab orgalutran for first 3 days then started stim 375 Gonal-F and 30 Saizen on 25.8.
So I had 3 days of stim to date.
Baseline scan lining 5, right small follicles and left 8? 3?
Tdy my lining shrunk to 3.5!!
Now right 6, 6, 5 and L still 8? 3?
Looks like left no response to stim or maybe cysts?!
I have low AMH / reserve and wasn't expected to respond well to stims with high cycle cancellation rate etc etc.
So looking at just 3 follicles now. Anyone with so few follicles went ahead with ER or even ET?
Depressed as this is our first and very likely last cycle. Will be 40 next Feb.
Any thoughts will be nice.

Hi wondersss, actually, I did the HSG after the removal of the 1st tube, but they did not find anything wrong with the remaining tube or fluid. That was why I proceeded with IVF. It was really one of those normal scans for follicles and lining that the sonographer found out that there was fluid in the cavity. Hence, she referred me to THH for a discussion. That was when I know about this fluid thingy.

Usually suspected blocked tubes high chance blocked. Why I decided to go ahead with removal of the remaining tube is that, since I am going for IVF (the chances of natural is v slim), I might as well up the chances of getting a baby, rather than keep the bad tube and go IVF - the chances will be lowered and I will be caught in the vicious cycle of BFN.

Hi towkayneo, thanks for clearing the doubt..If that is the case, what are the chances having those fluid thingy?
Issit during your IVF and detect this fluid durinf your scanning?
As the doctor did not ask me to remove the tubes before and just ask me go IVF directly so im also not sure why some ladies need to remove the tubes and some ladies does not require.

I conceived with ivf thru dr THH. I find he's really too bz. For my first pregnancy scan, the nurse found an ovarian cyst n wrote on the piece of paper tog with the stats of the beanie. When I went consultation with THH, he chucked the paper away and din even elaborate on my cyst. He din even tell me abt my edd. Was quite disappointed with him so I decided to switch to TMC.
Who knows 10days later on a sun, I had v bad abdominal pain which was caused by the cyst. The cyst has since grown by 1cm. We got no choice but go back to khh since tmc has no 24hr gynae. I'm following up with him on next tue for the next scan. Hopefully the cyst has shrank.

Me n my hub thot he was negligent then to have missed such info during the first scan. The consultation was so short. He was too bz toggling between the rooms. I find him a nice and patient doc when I had my first consultation with him. He was reassuring and answered all my qns. But after that I think he's too bz juggling too much work that he's unable to provide much personal touch to his patients.

I conceived with ivf thru dr THH. I find he's really too bz. For my first pregnancy scan, the nurse found an ovarian cyst n wrote on the piece of paper tog with the stats of the beanie. When I went consultation with THH, he chucked the paper away and din even elaborate on my cyst. He din even tell me abt my edd. Was quite disappointed with him so I decided to switch to TMC.
Who knows 10days later on a sun, I had v bad abdominal pain which was caused by the cyst. The cyst has since grown by 1cm. We got no choice but go back to khh since tmc has no 24hr gynae. I'm following up with him on next tue for the next scan. Hopefully the cyst has shrank.

Me n my hub thot he was negligent then to have missed such info during the first scan. The consultation was so short. He was too bz toggling between the rooms. I find him a nice and patient doc when I had my first consultation with him. He was reassuring and answered all my qns. But after that I think he's too bz juggling too much work that he's unable to provide much personal touch to his patients.

Hi Luvhbb,

Sorry to hear about this. Hope u n bb are both well. I heard from some of my friends that they also discovered cysts in their womb too when they were pregnant. So don't worry. All will be well. =)

I agree Dr Tan can really be very busy cos of the huge no. of patients seeing him for fertility issues and consultations can really be short. You may want to check with him during the follow-up why he didn't discuss with u abt the cyst that was discovered during the first scan by the AMC sonographer. (EDD for first scan is an estimation. More importantly is to check for the viability of the pregnancy.)

There were times when I brought up certain issues to Dr Tan during our consultations and if he felt that these are thing that I shouldn't worry about, he would tell me so directly. He feels that we can get overly anxious and worried. I've been to another obstetrician who discuss about everything in details too. I think different doctors have different styles. Most importantly is that we choose the one that we are more comfortable with and can trust.

Last edited:
Sisters, need ur advices!
Went for my 2nd scan @ kkivf tdy. I had blocker jab orgalutran for first 3 days then started stim 375 Gonal-F and 30 Saizen on 25.8.
So I had 3 days of stim to date.
Baseline scan lining 5, right small follicles and left 8? 3?
Tdy my lining shrunk to 3.5!!
Now right 6, 6, 5 and L still 8? 3?
Looks like left no response to stim or maybe cysts?!
I have low AMH / reserve and wasn't expected to respond well to stims with high cycle cancellation rate etc etc.
So looking at just 3 follicles now. Anyone with so few follicles went ahead with ER or even ET?
Depressed as this is our first and very likely last cycle. Will be 40 next Feb.
Any thoughts will be nice.

Don't worry, gal. This is only ur second scan. Follicles no. might still increase.

For my first 3 scans, I had about 7 in total and one of them was growing much faster than the rest. For my 4th n 5th scan, the no. of follicles increased but the KKIVF dr told me that I had only 4 follicles of good sizes (between 15 - 18) before ER. So before I went for ER, I was actually quite upset cos I read about ladies having so many ooctyes retrieved. During ER, Dr Tan managed to retrieved 11 and 7 were able to be fertilised using ICSI. But on day 2, I was left with 4 fertilised eggs again.

Quantity isn't that important. It's the quality that counts. Don't worry. Just take good care of ur body now.

Hi towkayneo, thanks for clearing the doubt..If that is the case, what are the chances having those fluid thingy?
Issit during your IVF and detect this fluid durinf your scanning?
As the doctor did not ask me to remove the tubes before and just ask me go IVF directly so im also not sure why some ladies need to remove the tubes and some ladies does not require.
Ya, the fluid was detected when I was preparing to do my FET.
Usually the docs will do a "wait & see" approach cos unless they see fluid, they cannot confirm if the tube is leaking / blocked. it could be functional, so they won't anyhow ask you to remove.

what about yourself, fruitfulone?
hi towkayneo, i did my first fresh last Jul, failed the cycle and proceeded to do 2 FETs with my frozen embbies..all without success and i have been very depressed on and off..after about half a year, i'm now ready to go for my 2nd fresh cycle in Oct..tough journey esp when i see so many friends, as well as my own younger sisters pregnant throughout these few years.. sigh :( i think it's still ok for u since u already have a child from the previous cycle..i'm coming 35 this Dec and am still trying for my first..so sad just by thinking about it now..

hi towkayneo, i did my first fresh last Jul, failed the cycle and proceeded to do 2 FETs with my frozen embbies..all without success and i have been very depressed on and off..after about half a year, i'm now ready to go for my 2nd fresh cycle in Oct..tough journey esp when i see so many friends, as well as my own younger sisters pregnant throughout these few years.. sigh :( i think it's still ok for u since u already have a child from the previous cycle..i'm coming 35 this Dec and am still trying for my first..so sad just by thinking about it now..
I can understand how you feel cos I felt that way too - I waited more than 3 years for a kid and it was depressing to see friends getting preggers one by one :( but never give up. keep marching on.

Eat more protein, red date tea and brazil nuts. They all aid implantation. I know some ladies drink Ensure Milk during 2WW for better nutrients. No cooling stuff for the time being like watermelon, cucumber etc. Wear socks when you sleep.
Thanks Towkay Neo! Eat protein such as egg white - do we eat at first day of stimm until the end? Still need to eat in 2ww?

Hi Sonique, if my memory doesn't fail me, it should be 1st day of stimm until ER? The whole idea of eating so much protein is to ensure good quality eggs...

My updates tdy @ stim day 7

Baseline scan @ 22/8
Lining 5
Right small follicles
Left 8? 3?

2nd scan @ 28/8 stim day 4
Lining 3.5
Right 6, 6 and 5
Left 8? 3?

3rd scan @ 31/8 stim day 7
Lining 5.2
Right 11, 10.5, 9, 8 and 7.5
Left still 8? 3? (sob sob sob)

Increase dosage from 375 to 450 Gonal-F. Next scan on Thurs @ stim day 10.

Sigh! Are my stats looking depressing sisters?

Hi Sonique, if my memory doesn't fail me, it should be 1st day of stimm until ER? The whole idea of eating so much protein is to ensure good quality eggs...
Oh I see. Thank you Towkay Neo. Wow if we are doing long cycle, that means we have to eat egg whites for at least 1 month everyday....what do you do with the remaining egg yolks?

Isn't it a waste to throw them away?

Oh I see. Thank you Towkay Neo. Wow if we are doing long cycle, that means we have to eat egg whites for at least 1 month everyday....what do you do with the remaining egg yolks?

Hehehee...*look at husbands* aiya, just joking. No choice lo, if you are afraid of high cholesterol, it's always better to throw them away rather than eat liao, then have to pay more for medical bills due to high cholesterol.
Most importantly is to crank up the quality of the eggs since already paid so much for the IVF, "small" money / pittance, just close one eye :p

My updates tdy @ stim day 7

Baseline scan @ 22/8
Lining 5
Right small follicles
Left 8? 3?

2nd scan @ 28/8 stim day 4
Lining 3.5
Right 6, 6 and 5
Left 8? 3?

3rd scan @ 31/8 stim day 7
Lining 5.2
Right 11, 10.5, 9, 8 and 7.5
Left still 8? 3? (sob sob sob)

Increase dosage from 375 to 450 Gonal-F. Next scan on Thurs @ stim day 10.

Sigh! Are my stats looking depressing sisters?

Why your left same size did U ask?
It's not pathetic. You just need one golden egg. Try to increase your lining by going ACU or seek help from Tcm.

Hehehee...*look at husbands* aiya, just joking. No choice lo, if you are afraid of high cholesterol, it's always better to throw them away rather than eat liao, then have to pay more for medical bills due to high cholesterol.
Most importantly is to crank up the quality of the eggs since already paid so much for the IVF, "small" money / pittance, just close one eye :p
yes agreed. And we also need to have perservance to eat the egg whites everyday...

Maybe put on weight..? definitely will have protein overload if you eat more than 3 egg whites everyday....but no choice ley
I guess that should be alright to put on weight, as long as there is no adverse effect on our body. Too much of anything is always not good.
Oh, I cant imagine I eat 3 whites everyday, I thought I might just alternate eat 1-2 whites daily. 3 a day is too much for me to swallow! :p

Pass to dog to eat... Nutritional value for them.. Or save up in fridge to mix in other dishes

Hugs, I guess over here many ladies are in the same boat as urs, hold on tight and brave the storm ahead! Jiayou!!! At the mean time, must Pu Pu Pu our bodies to b strong and healthy!!!

Hi ladies pls keep trying and don't give up. I've also tried for 3yrs before finally conceiving thru ivf. I did 3 rounds of iui, 3 fresh ivf n 2 frozen cycles. Only conceived at the last frozen cycle.
Was thinking all hopes are gone already since I've used up govt grant for the fresh cycles. When I thought I was abt to fail again I still went to the gym. Only when I missed my period then I tested and it was a faint positive on an expired test kit. Next day tested on fresh test kit and after that tested on digital kit. Till now I still can't believe that we've finally succeeded.
We've tried so many things along the way. Tried the womb scratching, blastocysts, intralipid infusion, dr zou tcm acupuncture and dr tsb tcm. Ate egg whites, chicken essence, durians, pineapple core, lrdt.

So all ladies out there pls continue to try. I don't know why it took me 5 cycles to succeed but as long as we try, there's hope. Even if we exhaust the grants can always go private. Jiayou everyone!!

hi @Luvhbb, congrats!! Have a smooth 9 months ahead. Read that you did womb/endo scratching. So was this done recently which got you a BFP subsequently? Also, did you do/eat anything different on your this last FET that you strike the jackpot? TIA! :)

Hi ladies, suppose to have ET today however it seems may have to postpone to Thurs as my embryos may not grow til expected size, THH mentioned it may not be too Gd n not too bad. Anyone hv tis kind of experience?

hi @Luvhbb, congrats!! Have a smooth 9 months ahead. Read that you did womb/endo scratching. So was this done recently which got you a BFP subsequently? Also, did you do/eat anything different on your this last FET that you strike the jackpot? TIA! :)
Hi milogal, sadly no. Haha all the special things that I did din end me up with bfp. Last frozen cycle I din take the hospitalisation leave and went str to work the following day after trf. Went gym summore. But I somehow believe that tcm played a part. I tiao my body under tsb during the last 2 cycles. Actually I tiao for almost a yr. maybe u can try her.

Don't worry, I have PCOS and a small cyst on my right and yes, lining that struggles to reach 8mm too. I guess, the right medication and perseverance work wonders. I had my fears and doubts and I often search for answers via forum and google, but hey, you ladies will definitely make it and bring home a cute bouncing baby!

Hi I m starting my cycle in sept too!!
I am with NUH! Hehe kay Poh alittle !!

Hi ladies, suppose to have ET today however it seems may have to postpone to Thurs as my embryos may not grow til expected size, THH mentioned it may not be too Gd n not too bad. Anyone hv tis kind of experience?
Well so long it's not like an immediate write off, you dun hv to worry yet. just a postponed date

Hi milogal, sadly no. Haha all the special things that I did din end me up with bfp. Last frozen cycle I din take the hospitalisation leave and went str to work the following day after trf. Went gym summore. But I somehow believe that tcm played a part. I tiao my body under tsb during the last 2 cycles. Actually I tiao for almost a yr. maybe u can try her.

Thanks for sharing babe! Coz i'll be gg for my endo scratch next week. Dr THH feels that it's more suitable for ladies whom had conceived before but since he sees no harm in doing so, thus accede to my request. Also, my immunity doc also suggested that. I've tried both bed rest and without but all the cycles still failed. Well, I did see tsb before but no chemistry and I find it stressful to chart bbt and brew herbs which is drank every alternate days. Plus, I was seeing her at NTU so distance is an issue. I'm pretty particular about TCM so I've switched quite a few actually. I like my last TCM but she doesn't do post ET acupuncture. Currently just started with Dr Zhao at Raffles. Tried Dr Zou just before Dr Zhao but I didn't like Dr Zou thou I know many ladies are under her care. Anyway, I'm just doing a trial & error and see which combination might work! But if all else fails again, think I will just stop all special things and see if it works. haha

Not too good as in today cannot do ET, not too bad as in it could be a blastocyst?

Hi I m starting my cycle in sept too!!
I am with NUH! Hehe kay Poh alittle !!
Hi 5!!! I am waiting for menses to come on end Sep, so right now, just eat whatever I want like crabs, sushi, sashimi etc~ doing fresh cycle. what about yourself?

Thanks for sharing babe! Coz i'll be gg for my endo scratch next week. Dr THH feels that it's more suitable for ladies whom had conceived before but since he sees no harm in doing so, thus accede to my request. Also, my immunity doc also suggested that. I've tried both bed rest and without but all the cycles still failed. Well, I did see tsb before but no chemistry and I find it stressful to chart bbt and brew herbs which is drank every alternate days. Plus, I was seeing her at NTU so distance is an issue. I'm pretty particular about TCM so I've switched quite a few actually. I like my last TCM but she doesn't do post ET acupuncture. Currently just started with Dr Zhao at Raffles. Tried Dr Zou just before Dr Zhao but I didn't like Dr Zou thou I know many ladies are under her care. Anyway, I'm just doing a trial & error and see which combination might work! But if all else fails again, think I will just stop all special things and see if it works. haha
Milogal I can totally understand u haha. Trying everything and anything that may give us a glimpse of hope to succeed. At least we tried without any regrets! Yup many gals are under dr zou but I find the waiting hours too long. Failed 2 cycles under her so I stopped. Actually for the last cycle I also soaked my feet in warm water at night for a week cos I read that it may improve blood circulation which may in turn assist implantation.

Milogal I can totally understand u haha. Trying everything and anything that may give us a glimpse of hope to succeed. At least we tried without any regrets! Yup many gals are under dr zou but I find the waiting hours too long. Failed 2 cycles under her so I stopped. Actually for the last cycle I also soaked my feet in warm water at night for a week cos I read that it may improve blood circulation which may in turn assist implantation.
Hi all Mayb u can try warm electric waist belt warm up ur tummy...

My updates

22/8 CD2 Baseline scan:
Lining 5
Right small follicles
Left 8? 3?

28/8 SD4 Review scan:
Lining 3.5
Right 6, 6, 5
Left no growth

31/8 SD7 Review scan:
Lining 5.2
Right 11, 10.5, 9, 8, 7.5
Left no growth

3/9 SD10 Review scan:
Lining 8.5?
Right 16, 14.5, 14.5, 14? 15, 10
Left 15?? 11.5? 12? 14?

Still amazed by the development in my left ovary considering that there has been ZERO growth from the baseline scan till the 3rd scan. Seems that my left ovary is ultra hazy so all readings come with question marks. Trigger on Sat and ER on Mon.

Just wanna thanks all the lovely ladies in this forum for all the wonderful sharing n tips. Much appreciated!!

P/S: a quick question sisters. Previously my doc thought the follicles growth was slow hence on stim day 7, they up my dosage from 375 to 450 Gonal-F. Now they want me to continue my jabs for 2 days until Sat trigger. I requested to lower the dosage back to 375 as I din want the high dosage to compromise the quality of eggs. Am gg to be 40 next Feb and has low AMH / reserve. What do you think? Shd I stay put 450 or lower to 375. I started at 375 btw. TIA

oh.. ok thanks jkoh. was kind of depressing on the sizes after the scan today :(

Jiayou!! Scrolled up to read my readings. I was pretty depressed too and worried my cycle have to be aborted becos no eggs to retrieve or embryo to transfer. But I guess anything is still possible. I did increase my eggs intake from 3 to 4 egg whites daily. Not sure if that helps cos they did increased my dosage too

Jiayou!! Scrolled up to read my readings. I was pretty depressed too and worried my cycle have to be aborted becos no eggs to retrieve or embryo to transfer. But I guess anything is still possible. I did increase my eggs intake from 3 to 4 egg whites daily. Not sure if that helps cos they did increased my dosage too
hi dramaqueenie, im not doing ivf actually.. dr wants me to do SO-IUI first... if this cycle fail then go to ivf... probably due to my pcos condition the follicles are slow. i'm at stim day 9 but follicles like 6mm only. is the optimum size at 18mm ? very depressing and at the same time trying to tell myself dont stress up too. wow, i see that u increased your eggs intake to 3-4... is it hard boiled ?

hi dramaqueenie, im not doing ivf actually.. dr wants me to do SO-IUI first... if this cycle fail then go to ivf... probably due to my pcos condition the follicles are slow. i'm at stim day 9 but follicles like 6mm only. is the optimum size at 18mm ? very depressing and at the same time trying to tell myself dont stress up too. wow, i see that u increased your eggs intake to 3-4... is it hard boiled ?

Hi dear, I'm not sure if IUI is the same as IVF. Was told matured size is 18 before egg retrieval. Mine biggest is 16 but they pushed for trigger on Sat so I guess they take into consideration by Monday, the follicles would have hit 18? Sometimes I have fried eggs with bread but mostly it's hard boiled. All the best!

Ya...ultimately is to keep trying & no regrets at the end of the day if really don't have bb luck. My waiting hours with Dr Zou was ok. Just not comfy w the environment as I felt it's like a 'mass production' and dunno I suay or wat, always kenna her assistant to poke...got 1 auntie looking whom doesn't look like a 医师& she's like so blur! I've got no confidence at all! Well maybe it's just me ba. Oh tks for sharing your feet soaking idea! I'll definitely try it!!

Tks for sharing @Eggscatcher. Where do u get the warm electric waist belt?

@tryingforbaby i know it's hard but stress does affect the lining & follicles size regardless is IUI or IVF. try to stay relax and positive instead of focusing on the numbers. are u on low dosage for your so-iui?
Thank you milogal88! IUI dosage is lower compared to IVF i guess.. Happen to see someone posted on the injection dosage for ivf at 200 +? currently mine is 75mg up from 50mg.. sat going kk to scan again if still small, dr say need to increase to 100...

H
Tks for sharing @Eggscatcher. Where do u get the warm electric waist belt?

@tryingforbaby i know it's hard but stress does affect the lining & follicles size regardless is IUI or IVF. try to stay relax and positive instead of focusing on the numbers. are u on low dosage for your so-iui?
hello milogal88, I bought it from groupon and Qoo10 aso selling, for slimming n warming tummy after tat massage with lemon grass massage oil, improvised treatment lol

Back