IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all, I don't know if this has ever been posted on here before, but I found it on another website and thought it was amazing and that you may find it equally amazing.

This is what happens in a 3 day transfer:

1 day post transfer - embryo is growing and developing
2 days post transfer - Embryo is now a blastocyst
3 days post transfer - Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4 days post transfer - Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5 days post transfer - Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6 days post transfer - Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7 days post transfer - Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
8 days post transfer - Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9 days post transfer - More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10 days post transfer - More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11 days post transfer - HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

This is what happens in a 5 day (blastocyst) transfer:

1 day post transfer - Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2 days post transfer - Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3 days post transfer - Implantation begins, as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4 days post transfer - Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5 days post transfer - Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells
6 days post transfer - Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7 days post transfer - More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8 days post transfer - More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9 days post transfer - HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on HPT

I like this as we don't know what is going on in our insides at this point in time, it is really nice to know what our bodies and embryo's may be doing!

xoxo

Last edited:
What's d color of the spotting? Don't give up until actual BT.
All d best to u!
Hmm slight brown on and off? Today is day 27 of my menses... Worried coz my menses is usually 28-30 days. Left with 1 frozen to try again. I don't think I have the courage to go through another fresh. Admire the courage the ladies have here!

Hmm slight brown on and off? Today is day 27 of my menses... Worried coz my menses is usually 28-30 days. Left with 1 frozen to try again. I don't think I have the courage to go through another fresh. Admire the courage the ladies have here!
Brownish discharge can be implantation, I had it 4 days prior to my actual BT which also terrified me. So I did HPT and it was +ve, not sure if u wana try HPT. Think on brighter side dear, baby dust to u... jiayou!

Brownish discharge can be implantation, I had it 4 days prior to my actual BT which also terrified me. So I did HPT and it was +ve, not sure if u wana try HPT. Think on brighter side dear, baby dust to u... jiayou!
Really? Did the brown discharge go away the next day? I'm thinking if I should try HPT... Trying to stay positive. Thanks so much for the encouragement.

Anyone experienced this? Day 7 of stim tdy, since 2-3 days ago, started having flu symptoms (running tap nose) and yesterday started having throat inflammation. Felt like fever and body ache otw. I didn't take any meds as not sure any contraindications? In the past, it's usually becos I ate heaty or spicy food. But past 1wk+, I ate clean, mostly soupy stuff. Was wondering if sudden increase in protein can lead to heatiness in body?? The only form of protein I took is immunocal and egg whites...
Sigh... Depressing... Heard that if got fever, cannot proceed with ER/ET ya

Anyone experienced this? Day 7 of stim tdy, since 2-3 days ago, started having flu symptoms (running tap nose) and yesterday started having throat inflammation. Felt like fever and body ache otw. I didn't take any meds as not sure any contraindications? In the past, it's usually becos I ate heaty or spicy food. But past 1wk+, I ate clean, mostly soupy stuff. Was wondering if sudden increase in protein can lead to heatiness in body?? The only form of protein I took is immunocal and egg whites...
give the ivf centre a call and ask if u can take any medication. sounds like u hv caught a virus coz high protein shd b fine coz most ladies took high protein during stim. u still have time to recover since no fever yet. meantime down lots of hot water, may help chase the sore throat n runny nose away.

I have bad cough n slight fever during ET. The doc there will check my breathing and temperature before the do any procedure. The must make sure everything is fine. Try to drink more warm water. And don't stress.

Hi all, a small introduction of myself. I'm turning 30 this yr and have been trying for a baby for a year plus. Went KKH recently to check, doc say i'm perfectly fine. My hub's 1% morphology is fine cause both his sperm count & motility are gd so encourage us to keep trying but we decided to try for IUI cause we are so depressing each time my menses come. I'm going for my first IUI this Oct. Just wondering if anyone knows how long will the ultrasound scan take? The nurse told me from Day 7 onwards, i will have to visit clinic often for scanning for the size of eggs. I requested 2h time off from work to allow me to go for check but i'm afraid it will take longer than that. I'm with KKIVF now.
Hi Melody, the actual scanning will take about 5-8 minutes, it's the waiting time that kills :p maybe 2-3 hours?

For those older ladies 35 to 40, Anybody has menses that is lasting 2 days only and yet succeed in this journey?
Am 37 and after mc in jun my jul cycle was light and lasted 4 days. In aug no af yet. Am going to induce with pills soon and see if cycle resumes. Norm is 7 days with 2 nn3 heavy flow the rest subsiding.

Hi eveyone
I did ER on Tuesday and ET on Thursday, is this a day 2 or 3 transfer??
If I take ET day as Day 1, today shall be 12dpt. I'm having lots of discharge (milky colour maybe due to the utrogestan pearlies), which made me keep running to the toilet to check if it's AF reporting.
This is making me feeling crazy~~~

Hi ladies....

Just done my 2nd scanning after D10 of stim and got better result...

Think should be cos of addition menopur injection and plus tips from u all ladies here... (eating eggs eggs and lotsa eggs )

Tml doing another scan...although doc said mostly will b wed then trigger...

Jia you all ladies..stay positive +++

Hi eveyone
If I take ET day as Day 1, today shall be 12dpt. I'm having lots of discharge (milky colour maybe due to the utrogestan pearlies), which made me keep running to the toilet to check if it's AF reporting.
Hi, sounds like a day 2 transfer? ET day is considered day 0, that's how nuh count. Not sure abt other hospital though.
All the best!

My updates tdy @ stim day 7

Baseline scan @ 22/8
Lining 5
Right small follicles
Left 8? 3?

2nd scan @ 28/8 stim day 4
Lining 3.5
Right 6, 6 and 5
Left 8? 3?

3rd scan @ 31/8 stim day 7
Lining 5.2
Right 11, 10.5, 9, 8 and 7.5
Left still 8? 3? (sob sob sob)

Increase dosage from 375 to 450 Gonal-F. Next scan on Thurs @ stim day 10.

Sigh! Are my stats looking depressing sisters?

Hi all,

I am due for ER tomorrow morning. I am a little nervous because I know that positive thinking is very important during this journey. Last week, I had a very unpleasant situation at home which made me very very mad. I hope it doesn't affect the egg quality for tomorrow... May I ask that the sisters here pray for me please...

Thank you all!

Hi all,

I am due for ER tomorrow morning. I am a little nervous because I know that positive thinking is very important during this journey. Last week, I had a very unpleasant situation at home which made me very very mad. I hope it doesn't affect the egg quality for tomorrow... May I ask that the sisters here pray for me please...

Thank you all!

All the best for tmr!!

Baseline scan @ 22/8
Lining 5
Right small follicles
Left 8? 3?

Lining 3.5
Right 6, 6 and 5
Left 8? 3?

Lining 5.2

I think still got time to catch up. Your scans are quite closed, which hosp are u with?

Hi all,

Thank you all!
Good luck gal!

When should we start to eat egg whites - is it on day 1 when we start injections? And how many and how often?

Do we still eat egg white during 2 ww?

Hi eveyone
It's a day 2 transfer. All the best. Discharge is good

Baseline scan @ 22/8
Lining 5
Right small follicles
Left 8? 3?

Lining 3.5
Right 6, 6 and 5
Left 8? 3?

Lining 5.2

I would say ur numbers looks good. As the follies grow, more estrogen will be produced and hence the lining will thicken pretty quickly. And the size of ur follies looks pretty consistent too. U r on the right track. Don worry.

Hi all,

Thank you all!
Good luck girl! Will keep u in my prayer.

I did my OR this morning. Retrieved 17. But as my progesterone level is high= 10. My Dr said that I have to abandon this cycle. Will freeze my embbies & do FET in December. Any ladies out there with high progesterone? Any medthod/food to bring it down?

Hi all,

Thank you all!
All the best for your OR tmr!! Jiayou Jiayou ⛽⛽

Back