IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

@babyloveyou & @catinthesky , who would expect all 3 of us have IUI on the same day. :D :D :D

I know I am a bit over optimistic at this part but if all 3 of us get a BFP for this round, then our EDD would be around the same date too!.....*day dreaming too much*
It's good to be positive..hope your 'day dreaming' comes true :)
I'm having sharp pains and cramps in my lower left uterus since last night and some spotting..how are u all feeling?

I'm having sharp pains and cramps in my lower left uterus since last night and some spotting..how are u all feeling?

I felt a bit crampy but no sharp pains. However, fell really sick with bad phlegmy cough and sore throat! Cough very hard until I'm scared it affects the uterus!

I don't think I've spotting but I got lots of CM... :/

Besides that I'm just very tired. Otherwise I still go about my routine :)

@babyloveyou, I had that experience during my first IUI. I didnt feel that good for 3 days. I couldnt move much. There was this "heavy" feeling at my abdomen area. On and off cramps. But after 3 days, I start to feel better and better. I think I only feel normal after a week.

Somehow this IUI, my 2nd attempt, the experience is much better. I still have that slight cramping after the trigger shot but my IUI yesterday was a breeze. No pain. I could even cook dinner last night. The only discomfort that I am feeling right now is the abdomen feels "tight"

Has your spotting stopped? My dr did say there could be some spotting after the procedure. But it shouldnt last for more that 2 days. If your pain is unbearable or your spotting continue for 3 days or more, I would suggest you to see the dr.

@babyloveyou, I had that experience during my first IUI. I didnt feel that good for 3 days. I couldnt move much. There was this "heavy" feeling at my abdomen area. On and off cramps. But after 3 days, I start to feel better and better. I think I only feel normal after a week.

Somehow this IUI, my 2nd attempt, the experience is much better. I still have that slight cramping after the trigger shot but my IUI yesterday was a breeze. No pain. I could even cook dinner last night. The only discomfort that I am feeling right now is the abdomen feels "tight"

Has your spotting stopped? My dr did say there could be some spotting after the procedure. But it shouldnt last for more that 2 days. If your pain is unbearable or your spotting continue for 3 days or more, I would suggest you to see the dr.
I didn't feel any pain after procedure too, still went dinner with friends hehe but after dinner started to have that sharp pain..but thankfully I'm better now, no more spotting too..just on off mild cramps.

Hi all, I m new to this thread. Juz did my 1st iui 9 days ago at gleneagles. Now anxiously waiting for result. Really hope it will b successful else will need to try so-iui for next round.

Hi all, I m new to this thread. Juz did my 1st iui 9 days ago at gleneagles. Now anxiously waiting for result. Really hope it will b successful else will need to try so-iui for next round.

Hi! Welcome to the thread!

With regards to the IUI, don't worry too much about it k. I know, it makes one very anxious to know the results during the TWW period but try to relax. Try to think positive thoughts. Distract yourself from thinking about it if possible. Before you know it, its the day for you to check whether it is successful or not.

If the result is positive, hooray! Your AF wont be visiting you for the next 9 months. But if its negative, dont be sad yah. I read chances to have a positive will increase with every IUI that you do. So who knows, you might get positive on your next one. :D

I still wish you all the best. Hopefully we will hear a happy post from you soon. :) :) :)

hi! welcome to this forum. We share experiences with each other. Don't feel shy. There are a lot of sisters here to share stories.
If u have any doubts, do post it here and all of us will be willing to share our knowledge.

@AnnBby your words are so encouraging!

Hi all

I had IUI on Saturday right. So I have been feeding myself lots of "heaty" stuff like red bean soup, milo, chicken essence (ok IDK if this one is heaty or not)... and I fell sick due to the overheating! Started coughing like mad, sorethroat, headache... in the end no choice, I had to cool down so got barley water two days in a row. It really made me feel better!

But I read that it's better not to consume cooling stuff during 2ww? Barley is very cooling right!? So dilemma... I can't take too heaty but cannot take cooling too due to 2ww. OMG :O

Been avoiding iced drinks and caffeine since starting this IUI journey. Can't wait to sip a hot cuppa coffee soon! If BFP, I think can start drinking little bit of coffee :D

Hi all

I had IUI on Saturday right. So I have been feeding myself lots of "heaty" stuff like red bean soup, milo, chicken essence (ok IDK if this one is heaty or not)... and I fell sick due to the overheating! Started coughing like mad, sorethroat, headache... in the end no choice, I had to cool down so got barley water two days in a row. It really made me feel better!

But I read that it's better not to consume cooling stuff during 2ww? Barley is very cooling right!? So dilemma... I can't take too heaty but cannot take cooling too due to 2ww. OMG :O

Been avoiding iced drinks and caffeine since starting this IUI journey. Can't wait to sip a hot cuppa coffee soon! If BFP, I think can start drinking little bit of coffee :D
personally i dun think makes any difference... i never stop eating anything i want during TTC and IUI period.... then again, im not a strong believer of TCM la...haha...

Hi all

Hi,

For me, my TCM asked me not to drink cold drinks and fruit juice esp watermelon juice during the TWW. My medicine is also different from those before IUI.

Hi all

Previously I strictly did not touch cold stuff too..even veg or fruits that are cooling but still didn't get my BFP after trying so hard. Now I relax a bit, everything in moderation. Maybe because I have been ttc for quite sometime, I decided not to restrain myself anymore and be a little kinder to myself haha

All of you are so cute. Cant stop giggling reading at your comments. Some believe in TCM, some don't and some dont wish to bully herself anymore....hehehe

In my opinion, eat everything in moderation. And that should be the best way. Why? Because there is no device at this moment that can check whether our body is too heaty or too cool. :D It would be great if there is. At least the indicator would go "Stop! Stop! Stop! You are making your body too hot"

On a lighter note, its very touching to see each and everyone trying their best to conceive. :) :) :) After I have gone thru this journey, I have new found respect to all the ladies who have gone thru ART. Even though the journey is tough, but with pure determination, all of you still pursue on.

May the end of the journey be a fruitful experience for all of us.

All of you are so cute. Cant stop giggling reading at your comments. Some believe in TCM, some don't and some dont wish to bully herself anymore....hehehe

In my opinion, eat everything in moderation. And that should be the best way. Why? Because there is no device at this moment that can check whether our body is too heaty or too cool. :D It would be great if there is. At least the indicator would go "Stop! Stop! Stop! You are making your body too hot"

On a lighter note, its very touching to see each and everyone trying their best to conceive. :) :) :) After I have gone thru this journey, I have new found respect to all the ladies who have gone thru ART. Even though the journey is tough, but with pure determination, all of you still pursue on.

May the end of the journey be a fruitful experience for all of us.

Yeah, it's a tough journey for ladies (and guys) who have to go through ART. Sometimes a bit hard to share with friends who conceive easily or naturally too. So glad that there's an online community like this for us to rant, rave and talk out hearts out.

Well, naughty me went to drink barley water again yesterday AND IT MADE ME FEEL SO GOOD :D I could literally feel the heat washing away. Machiam like throwing cold water on a hot stove, you can hear the "pssss" sound.

Reactions: kwp
Hi,

For me, my TCM asked me not to drink cold drinks and fruit juice esp watermelon juice during the TWW. My medicine is also different from those before IUI.

I heard / read that besides watermelon, do not eat papaya too because it might cause MC in early pregnancy.. not sure how true! But pineapple... the controversial fruit - I've heard that eating the core helps during 2ww. Not sure how true again... but I might just try :D

Halo... It's me again. My AF finally showed up but I have made an appt to see Dr Loh today last week. Think check first before I start.

Last edited:
I heard / read that besides watermelon, do not eat papaya too because it might cause MC in early pregnancy.. not sure how true! But pineapple... the controversial fruit - I've heard that eating the core helps during 2ww. Not sure how true again... but I might just try :D
Hey, which day x dpiui u at now? How u feeling? Besides all the heaty stuff u drink. Haha. Any strange feeling at the abdominal area? When u supposed to test for ur preg?

Hey, which day x dpiui u at now? How u feeling? Besides all the heaty stuff u drink. Haha. Any strange feeling at the abdominal area? When u supposed to test for ur preg?

Hi! I think I am 4dpiui today (had iui on Sat) if I counted correctly?

Feeling quite normal leh... getting a bit worried that it might not be successful because I have almot zero symptoms except stomach/womb feels heavy. Also feel occasional twinges in the uterus area, but could be due to the iui. Yeah, I guess it can be considered "strange" feelings there.

The dr said to test 2 weeks from IUI so that is probably 12 Sept? I just ordered some ClearBlue test kits online.. hehe :)

How about you, which day you at now?

Hi! I think I am 4dpiui today (had iui on Sat) if I counted correctly?

Feeling quite normal leh... getting a bit worried that it might not be successful because I have almot zero symptoms except stomach/womb feels heavy. Also feel occasional twinges in the uterus area, but could be due to the iui. Yeah, I guess it can be considered "strange" feelings there.

The dr said to test 2 weeks from IUI so that is probably 12 Sept? I just ordered some ClearBlue test kits online.. hehe :)

How about you, which day you at now?
hi, i havent start my iui yet. but i am asking now cuz in case if Im to embark on iui, at least I have some ideas.
I realised the nurses are too busy to tell us details.
only thru forums i learnt what will happen/how do the ladies feel during the process.

Oh yah, do we need to use ovulation test kits during iui process?
Was thinking do I need to order Ovulation test kits, how many? And oso Preg test kits?
I chanced upon Watson, the preg test kit ClearBlue is like $13+!

hi, i havent start my iui yet. but i am asking now cuz in case if Im to embark on iui, at least I have some ideas.
I realised the nurses are too busy to tell us details.
only thru forums i learnt what will happen/how do the ladies feel during the process.

Oh yah, do we need to use ovulation test kits during iui process?
Was thinking do I need to order Ovulation test kits, how many? And oso Preg test kits?
I chanced upon Watson, the preg test kit ClearBlue is like $13+!

Oh, you are in consideration stage. IUI is actually much easier to cope with compared to IVF, that's why I'm going for this first.

I would say it's fairly painless process, just a bit uncomfortable for me during the process because my threshold of pain is very low, haha. Every little thing can make me go "ouch".

I didn't use ovulation test kits. I was given a trigger jab (ovidrel) to make me ovulate in 36hours time, and go back to clinic for IUI after the 36hrs when I've apparently ovulated.

I think some ladies' IUI procedure might be different. I heard of using ovulation test kits and then BD naturally.

Oh yeah, do stock up on some preg tests! I also buy the cheapie ones by guardian, so I can spam test obsessively. :p

Oh, you are in consideration stage. IUI is actually much easier to cope with compared to IVF, that's why I'm going for this first.

I would say it's fairly painless process, just a bit uncomfortable for me during the process because my threshold of pain is very low, haha. Every little thing can make me go "ouch".

I didn't use ovulation test kits. I was given a trigger jab (ovidrel) to make me ovulate in 36hours time, and go back to clinic for IUI after the 36hrs when I've apparently ovulated.

I think some ladies' IUI procedure might be different. I heard of using ovulation test kits and then BD naturally.

Oh yeah, do stock up on some preg tests! I also buy the cheapie ones by guardian, so I can spam test obsessively. :p
haha, peeing on the sticks is like SOOOO costly.
If pee-ed ardy see a BFP then will feel like SO worth it. haha, if see a BFN, like , SO wasted!
Sure, will go Guardian take a look too.

No la... egg is good cholestrol so should eat whole egg... at least that what my doc told me

Maybe because I am on the heavier side of the weighing scale, my my dr advice me not to. But I guess if you are on a healthy weight range, then it should not be a problem. I know ppl who wants to build up body mass, eats the whole egg too. So depend on individual.... :)

Anyway @littlebaby_melissa, you might want to read this to roughly gauge how many eggs do you want to eat per day.

Are Egg Whites Healthier Than Egg Yolks? By popsugar

Maybe because I am on the heavier side of the weighing scale, my my dr advice me not to. But I guess if you are on a healthy weight range, then it should not be a problem. I know ppl who wants to build up body mass, eats the whole egg too. So depend on individual.... :)

Anyway @littlebaby_melissa, you might want to read this to roughly gauge how many eggs do you want to eat per day.

Although im underweight, i have slightly high cholesterol. my doc still say eat whole egg coz is good. I guess is case by case basis.. haha

Plus i dun like to waste food.. so i always eat everything

Hehehe...I pass the yolk to the hubby.

Haha so 'evil'!! Actually I also tend to pass the rice I cannot finish to hubby. But now he is also overweight so I feel guilty to do that. :p

Actually egg yolks are very nutritious too. Just don't eat more than 1 in a day, should be ok bah!

I have confession to make! I wen to POAS this morning and of course, I got a BFN. It's only 6dpiui. But at least I know the ovidrel and hcg content is totally out of my body.. Haha!

Will wait one week to test again.

I have confession to make! I wen to POAS this morning and of course, I got a BFN. It's only 6dpiui. But at least I know the ovidrel and hcg content is totally out of my body.. Haha!

Haha I'm so tempted to test too..I still don't have my usual symptoms after O till tdy. Usually have sore boobs 1-2 days after O. Keep telling myself could be the meds and jabs messing with my body..

Haha so 'evil'!! Actually I also tend to pass the rice I cannot finish to hubby. But now he is also overweight so I feel guilty to do that. :p

Actually egg yolks are very nutritious too. Just don't eat more than 1 in a day, should be ok bah!
ya you are right... my doc say 1 egg per day.. dun eat more than that..
but sometimes i see my colleagues throw away the yolk, i will still eat theirs...haha..coz i dun like food wastage :p

i think is too early too test la......
i start testing when 11dpiui..

Suggestion: maybe u girls can try POAS first before going to see the doc after the TWW. I didnt n now have to wait for HCG result which takes 45 mins

Haha I'm so tempted to test too..I still don't have my usual symptoms after O till tdy. Usually have sore boobs 1-2 days after O. Keep telling myself could be the meds and jabs messing with my body..
Might be a good news! You did your IUI on the same day as catinthesky too? Hope to hear gd news from u all next week! Will sure login to wait eagerly for u ladies to update us.

Thanks! I think I will just limit myself to 1 full egg per day.
I guess everything as long as moderate shouldnt be a problem. :)

hey, everything ok? stay positive, if u need to find people to talk to, feel free to type it out in this forum!

I'm alright. As expected, my iui failed this round. AMH result not good too. Doc suggested to do so-iui instead of iui for e next round. After which ivf. Really hope won't b at e ivf stage. I am very scared of injections.

Yeah I know how you feel... Want to feel positive but also try not to get hopes too high feeling. I've seen so many bfn on a stick I've lost count.

I don't seem to have symptoms :( no sore boobs or sore anything. Only thing I feel is my tummy got twinges now and then.

ya you are right... my doc say 1 egg per day.. dun eat more than that..
but sometimes i see my colleagues throw away the yolk, i will still eat theirs...haha..coz i dun like food wastage :p

Haha noooo must control. But I love egg yolk too. When I eat ban Mian, I get upset if the egg yolk is overcooked or broke into the noodles... Haha!!

Back