IVF/ICSI Support Group

Haha simi senior?
I just wanted a change of luck so went with dr Loh and also tried diff drugs. Tink my cash outlay abt 9k?
Haha.. Senior like senior batch in the same sch :p
What drugs were u given by sf loh?
Was the yield in terms of follicles and embryos better? 9k is after use of medisave? I supposed cannot use govt grant at a pte hosp right?

I can only answer Part 2: I think eggs, eggs and more eggs....anything with high protein...

Doc said no difference in which side to inject but maybe you inject the left side to play safe?

Tks tokway neo...will try eating more eggs these 3 days.....

Yup...I will try inject left side to play safe and keep finger cross that it do work...

Positive vibes and praying hard. Jiayou everyone ..!

Health & Beauty
康得美
Address:
38 Upper Cross Street, Singapore 058341

VIEW MAP

Neighbourhood:
Chinatown
Nearest MRT Station:
Chinatown
Phone:

Thanks towkayneo

I been seeing one TCM and she mentioned my body temperature is low and trying to increase it by giving more 'bu' medicine.

But it seems that no results as temperature raise up but it did not maintain..up n down like a roller coaster..

Thinking whether need a second opinion....

seeing her for 1 year already..but she and i not much chemistry becos i never obey and take temp charting
Hahaha, I also no chemistry with her cos it's very mafan to brew the herbs. However, my friend got pregnant (naturally) after visiting her for about a year. No problem with her, but the hubby's soldiers. TSB managed to put the soldiers back on track.

Thanks towkayneo

I been seeing one TCM and she mentioned my body temperature is low and trying to increase it by giving more 'bu' medicine.

But it seems that no results as temperature raise up but it did not maintain..up n down like a roller coaster..

Thinking whether need a second opinion....
I've seen one TCM in Serangoon and he also asked me to chart temperature, but the capsules he gave are more or less the same :( I cannot visualise how he can help me by just touching my pulse, going through the temperature charts. I would prefer a straight forward method of the ang moh doctors. The scanners can see everything :/

Perhaps TCM is a good supplement..

I've seen one TCM in Serangoon and he also asked me to chart temperature, but the capsules he gave are more or less the same :( I cannot visualise how he can help me by just touching my pulse, going through the temperature charts. I would prefer a straight forward method of the ang moh doctors. The scanners can see everything :/

Perhaps TCM is a good supplement..

Me and my husband have gone through all the fertility tests. Both are us are fine so TCM is another way for me to nurse my health

My TCM did mentioned to me that my eggs are not really mature. This saiding hold me back of going through the IUI which the gynae suggest to me.

Besides TCM, I really dunno what to do le.. I m thinking to go back to my gynae and ask for clomids

Haha.. Senior like senior batch in the same sch :p
What drugs were u given by sf loh?
Was the yield in terms of follicles and embryos better? 9k is after use of medisave? I supposed cannot use govt grant at a pte hosp right?
Yaya okok :)
No la I was given gonal f and cetrotide in nuh but I tried menopur and orgulatron with dr Loh. Yield was the least number of eggs retrieved with dr Loh compared to prof and I even Kenna ohss! But surprisingly I bfp-ed with twins and am in my 2nd tri now. Yups, cannot use govt grant.

No la I was given gonal f and cetrotide in nuh but I tried menopur and orgulatron with dr Loh. Yield was the least number of eggs retrieved with dr Loh compared to prof and I even Kenna ohss! But surprisingly I bfp-ed with twins and am in my 2nd tri now. Yups, cannot use govt grant.
Hi pinkfusia,congrats ! Did you bring yr hubb soldier from nuh over or yr hub produced again at tmc? I understand that tmc can only keep sa samples for half a yr.

Sisters, need ur advices!
Went for my 2nd scan @ kkivf tdy. I had blocker jab orgalutran for first 3 days then started stim 375 Gonal-F and 30 Saizen on 25.8.
So I had 3 days of stim to date.
Baseline scan lining 5, right small follicles and left 8? 3?
Tdy my lining shrunk to 3.5!!
Now right 6, 6, 5 and L still 8? 3?
Looks like left no response to stim or maybe cysts?!
I have low AMH / reserve and wasn't expected to respond well to stims with high cycle cancellation rate etc etc.
So looking at just 3 follicles now. Anyone with so few follicles went ahead with ER or even ET?
Depressed as this is our first and very likely last cycle. Will be 40 next Feb.
Any thoughts will be nice.

Hi pinkfusia,congrats ! Did you bring yr hubb soldier from nuh over or yr hub produced again at tmc? I understand that tmc can only keep sa samples for half a yr.
Thankew..
Yup I transferred his sperms over to TFC so he dun hafta extract again. Isit? I paid for a year's storage and its renewable if I'm not wrong..

Hi all, a small introduction of myself. I'm turning 30 this yr and have been trying for a baby for a year plus. Went KKH recently to check, doc say i'm perfectly fine. My hub's 1% morphology is fine cause both his sperm count & motility are gd so encourage us to keep trying but we decided to try for IUI cause we are so depressing each time my menses come. I'm going for my first IUI this Oct. Just wondering if anyone knows how long will the ultrasound scan take? The nurse told me from Day 7 onwards, i will have to visit clinic often for scanning for the size of eggs. I requested 2h time off from work to allow me to go for check but i'm afraid it will take longer than that. I'm with KKIVF now.

Went for my 2nd scan @ kkivf tdy. I had blocker jab orgalutran for first 3 days then started stim 375 Gonal-F and 30 Saizen on 25.8.
I have low AMH / reserve and wasn't expected to respond well to stims with high cycle cancellation rate etc etc.
So looking at just 3 follicles now. Anyone with so few follicles went ahead with ER or even ET?
Hi dramaquèen,
I also have low amh. Approaching 40 this month. Am under kkh. My stim dosage are the highest. Puregon and menopur. Stim for 9 days. Both side also have potential follies. 17,17 and 13. Not sure. 13 not sure will grow bigger aft 1 more day of stim. But how come ur 2nd scan was aft 3 days of stim? Mine was aft 8 days of stim. Probably it is still early to say these are too small. U still need to continue stim right?

Hi all, a small introduction of myself. I'm turning 30 this yr and have been trying for a baby for a year plus. Went KKH recently to check, doc say i'm perfectly fine. My hub's 1% morphology is fine cause both his sperm count & motility are gd so encourage us to keep trying but we decided to try for IUI cause we are so depressing each time my menses come. I'm going for my first IUI this Oct. Just wondering if anyone knows how long will the ultrasound scan take? The nurse told me from Day 7 onwards, i will have to visit clinic often for scanning for the size of eggs. I requested 2h time off from work to allow me to go for check but i'm afraid it will take longer than that. I'm with KKIVF now.
Hi Melody, the scan usually takes a short time but the queue can be long. I find that if you go earlier, like 730 or so you can get an earlier number. The centre opens at 8 so sometimes there's a mini queue outside. I had to juggle that too and sometimes it ended to be more than 2 hours. My work starts at 10 so not so bad. Kkh is pretty good at opening another place for ultrasound when theres a long queue. Good luck to you!

Had my retrieval today and it was pretty depressing. They couldn't get any eggs. Totally no mood after that. Blah. But I'm going ahead with the transfer on Monday with 1 frozen. Hopefully it survives the thaw

Had my retrieval today and it was pretty depressing. They couldn't get any eggs. Totally no mood after that. Blah. But I'm going ahead with the transfer on Monday with 1 frozen. Hopefully it survives the thaw
Let's pray for the snowbb.. How was ur follicles like before the OR?

Hi dramaquèen,
I also have low amh. Approaching 40 this month. Am under kkh. My stim dosage are the highest. Puregon and menopur. Stim for 9 days. Both side also have potential follies. 17,17 and 13. Not sure. 13 not sure will grow bigger aft 1 more day of stim. But how come ur 2nd scan was aft 3 days of stim? Mine was aft 8 days of stim. Probably it is still early to say these are too small. U still need to continue stim right?

Was told my doc wanted to monitor my progress closely so my 2nd scan tdy is after 3 days of stim but is actually my CD 8 since AF arrival

Hi dramaqueenie,
I would say its too early to conclude anything from a 3 day stim ultrasound. Don worry .. Ur follies will grow beautifully

Dramaqueenie,
U might want try take red bean soup to improve your lining?
As for follicles, got to monitor. Try egg whites or protein shake to boost the size abit.

Jia you!

Dramaqueenie,
U might want try take red bean soup to improve your lining?
As for follicles, got to monitor. Try egg whites or protein shake to boost the size abit.

Jia you!
Thanks dear. Just had red bean soup tdy. Already been taking 2 sachets of immunocal and taking 3 eggs white daily since the start of this cycle. Seems no use hor...

Hi Melody, depending on the queues really. Scanning nbr could be faster than 'visit' doc on duty to review the scan updates. But they normally will open up another room for 'doctor review'.

pinkfushia, why did ur hb have to freeze his sperms? Tot use fresh better? Sorry if u answered this before, but I didn't scroll thru all e past posts... Only started joining in after seeing greentealatte using juz menopur for stims. Did u use only menopur too? Or was menopur only for nite?

pinkfushia, why did ur hb have to freeze his sperms? Tot use fresh better? Sorry if u answered this before, but I didn't scroll thru all e past posts... Only started joining in after seeing greentealatte using juz menopur for stims. Did u use only menopur too? Or was menopur only for nite?
My husband had azoospermia so only way of getting sperm is thru surgical extraction. Ya I used only menopur for stimulation and dr Loh only want us to jab morning time.

For those older ladies 35 to 40, Anybody has menses that is lasting 2 days only and yet succeed in this journey?
During the time my menses dropped to 2 days, I failed all my cycles (2 fet, 4 abandoned fet cycles as lining nvr got up to mark, 1 iui, 1 fresh). Only manage to succeed when menses got back to abt 3-4 days. 38yo.

The lesser menses is indicative of a possible thinner lining (which is a function of body's response to the hormones) so perhaps look to get body back to a more normal cycle first.

HEY old friend!!!!!! U ARE BACK!!!!!
Woohoo!!! BFP with twins somemore!!! Congrats! So happy for u :)

During the time my menses dropped to 2 days, I failed all my cycles (2 fet, 4 abandoned fet cycles as lining nvr got up to mark, 1 iui, 1 fresh). Only manage to succeed when menses got back to abt 3-4 days. 38yo.

The lesser menses is indicative of a possible thinner lining (which is a function of body's response to the hormones) so perhaps look to get body back to a more normal cycle first.
Thanks for e reply ron. I am thinking am i going on menopause as it may be indication i am getting old..

Can share how u managed to get e cycle on normal 3 to 4 days?

Ladies who are 40 yrs old,do u have reduced menses symptoms? Or is it still a 5 day flow?

Thanks for e reply ron. I am thinking am i going on menopause as it may be indication i am getting old..

Ladies who are 40 yrs old,do u have reduced menses symptoms? Or is it still a 5 day flow?

My menses finished on day 3. 40 this Sep. Can try to see TCM to improve cycle.

I m 39. Menses is about 4 days, not much, other than day 1-2. But after taking tcm, my flow reverts to 5-6 days, regular flow. U can try tcm...

I'm 41 and my flow is usually 5 to 6 days. I've been going to acupuncture the last 2 months, and this menses cycle, I'm still spotting at d10. Anyone know what this means? Does that mean my lining is too thick n needs more shedding? Am a little concern cos lining too thick also no good.

I m 39. Menses is about 4 days, not much, other than day 1-2. But after taking tcm, my flow reverts to 5-6 days, regular flow. U can try tcm...
Hi ,
Do you mind to share which tcm u went? I have lining problem as we unfortunately. 2 IUI cancelled cos lining not up to mark. Sad..

My menses also seems to have reduced in the past year. 3 days, low volume. Have been seeing TSB for 6 months, but no increase in menses duration and volumn. In fact i do not know if her meds work on this or not.

Hi ladies who replied to me,thanks so much.

I happen to have an appt with ivf gynae and ask him e reduced menses question today. He says doesnt matter as long as yr menses is regular. :)

I would like to share my journey & advice so that we can benefit for all trying for IVF.

Married in 2011, conceived naturally but end ectopic. Had surgery but never remove fallopian tube on the left. My right ovary and tube is taken out during young due to cycts. After 1 year still never conceive naturally. Went for hsg, find out my only left tube is blocked. Proceed with NUH subsidy for IVF.

2013 1st Fresh IVF with Dr Chew. 10 eggs retrieved, 3 embryo fertilized. Trf 2 - 7 cells embryo. BFP but miscarried naturally at week 6 coz sac did not grow. No yolk sac too. This cycle, i ate folic, brazil nuts and durian. Bed rest for a few days but still go out often.
2014 1st FET. Left with 1 embryo. Never trf coz never survive Thaw.

2014 2nd Fresh IVF with Dr Lim. 10 eggs retrieved, 5 embryo fertilized. Trf 2 - 8 cells embryo. BFN. This cycle, i ate folic, coq 10, fish oil, egg whites, brazil nuts, durians, chicken essence everyday. Bed rest. Seldom go out.

2015 Change to Prof PC Wong as Private so no more subsidy.
1st FET: Trf 2 - Compacting embryo. BFN. This cycle, i ate folic, coq 10, fish oil, conceive well gold pill, egg whites, brazil nuts, durians, chicken essence and red longan drink everyday. I went for Intralipid with Dr Loh TMC before transfer. Bed rest. Seldom go out.

2015 Prof PC Wong suggest i go hysteroscopy to check my uterus. But nothing is found in my uterus. No Polyps or fibroid.

2015 Still with Prof PC Wong.
2nd FET: Proceed to trf my last 1 - Compacting embryo. BFP.
This cycle, i ate folic, brazil nuts, almonds, kiwi & drink shaklee soy protein everyday. Went to KL on the 5th day after transfer. Drive up. Walk alot. Shop alot. Eat alot. After i come back KL, i still goes out. Do housework, wash toilets. Before trf, i still drinks cold, gassy water. Ate whatever i want. But after trf i only drink cold water during shaklee soy protein. After BFP i ask Prof can still continue with the Soy Protein. He said can. So I still drink for energy. I bought it at Mustafa. I attached the picture so that easy for u all to buy.
Therefore this cycle, i did not bed rest, did not drink chicken essence, did not eat durian, did not eat egg whites, did not drink red longan, only take folic.

Im 5 weeks now. Already went for my first scan. Baby dust to all. Muacks!

Thanks for sharing... Congrats!!!
I think this round u r more 'relax' as compared to previous rounds :)

Hi ,
Do you mind to share which tcm u went? I have lining problem as we unfortunately. 2 IUI cancelled cos lining not up to mark. Sad..
Hihi, I went to Eu Yan Seng for their tcm & acupuncture sessions. I m lazy so I went to the 1 nearest to my house....

Yippee. Finally done with all my jabs. Have been jabbing for nearly 2 wks. My next & final jab, HCG will be just before OR on Monday morning

Attachments

• 1440861808079.jpg
    1440861808079.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 205

Back