IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

I've just started my 1st SO-IUI too, on day 3 of my jabs...iui expected to take place this weekend. Anyone can advise if we can still BD as usual before and after IUI?

My doc will advise not to..u can check with Dr when to get your hubby to clear his old sperms and wait for IUI.

My doc will advise not to..u can check with Dr when to get your hubby to clear his old sperms and wait for IUI.
Usually how many days before IUI are we supposed to clear? My Dr ask me to test OPK tml and see him on Fri, to see if my follicles are ready for iui, if ready can do immediately. So I was thinking should I clear tonight..but if not ready and can only do on sat or mon, then when shld we clear

I'm at a loss... my menses didn't report as usual so I guess that two weeks of spotting affected my menses. So what do I do now? Just wait for AF to arrive or I should go see my gynae? I find it frustrating to pay him for a 5 min consultation just to hear him explain something which can be done over phone. E.g. Paid for consultation to see him just to hear go back and wait for AF to arrive. Haiz.. anyone has similar conditions like me?
i think your nurse is so not professional and cant help you to ask the doctor. the only choice is make appt with your doc le.... unless you want to continue to wait

Hi all, just a quick question, which brand (from where) did you all buy the Ovalution Test Kit. I know the Clear Blue Digital is better, any idea how much is one stick? Cuz I see you ladies will test, but wondering which brands (Buy from Qoo10 or Watsons?)
Previously I bought some (like 20 pcs - those thin strips) from Qoo10 but like not very accurate, always see thin line and even though I continue measuring, NO double lines at all. Haiz.
Until i suspect myself if I am O or not. HHAHA.

Usually how many days before IUI are we supposed to clear? My Dr ask me to test OPK tml and see him on Fri, to see if my follicles are ready for iui, if ready can do immediately. So I was thinking should I clear tonight..but if not ready and can only do on sat or mon, then when shld we clear

My Doc's standard is at least 4 days..but it was only 2 days for my successful IUI.
If your follicles are ready on Fri, still got to take HCG jab and wait about 36 hours for IUI procedure.
Can either clear tonight or tomorrow night. If you are unsure, call your Doc.

Hi all, just a quick question, which brand (from where) did you all buy the Ovalution Test Kit. I know the Clear Blue Digital is better, any idea how much is one stick? Cuz I see you ladies will test, but wondering which brands (Buy from Qoo10 or Watsons?)
Previously I bought some (like 20 pcs - those thin strips) from Qoo10 but like not very accurate, always see thin line and even though I continue measuring, NO double lines at all. Haiz.
Until i suspect myself if I am O or not. HHAHA.

Last time I bought from Guardian or Watsons, cost ard $60 if got promotion. Later I go Qo10 buy those 20 sticks kind, ard $56. But it is accurate leh..I tested before and it showed high peak after HCG jab.

U started testing when? My cycle can be as long as 45 days and I have to test until day 30 then positive. Maybe you can try testing alternate days until you get positive. If your cycle is really long, I suggest you see gynae to make it shorter as my gynae mentioned that the eggs might have dissolved by itself without releasing if it is taking a long time to ovulate.

Last time I bought from Guardian or Watsons, cost ard $60 if got promotion. Later I go Qo10 buy those 20 sticks kind, ard $56. But it is accurate leh..I tested before and it showed high peak after HCG jab.

U started testing when? My cycle can be as long as 45 days and I have to test until day 30 then positive. Maybe you can try testing alternate days until you get positive. If your cycle is really long, I suggest you see gynae to make it shorter as my gynae mentioned that the eggs might have dissolved by itself without releasing if it is taking a long time to ovulate.
@jeannie kong Wah! I am also like 40 plus days one! I am using this period tracker and avg. cycle for me is 44 days lor! I see people 28 days is like, wow!
Good if those Qoo10 ones are accurate, prob like what u said, too long until I test until sian, jus forget abt it.

Also, I read that when u r abt to O, you will have egg-white discharge. So I only started to test during then, prob too late, egg may have gone ...haha.

My Doc's standard is at least 4 days..but it was only 2 days for my successful IUI.
If your follicles are ready on Fri, still got to take HCG jab and wait about 36 hours for IUI procedure.
Can either clear tonight or tomorrow night. If you are unsure, call your Doc.
Ok thanks! Congrats on your successful IUI :)

Hi Ladies and little Jas, am back.... well not with good news but rather more like dun care too much about this area liao further more we still have to live by each day with or without a kiddo in sight. Maybe like some elders say have kid or not is like gambling.

Little Jas, i am a male and have to admit going thru such an avenue is not easy for myself too because alot of negatives thought will come in, partners will start to blame each other or every possible corners to see where the fault lies, after 2 failed iui and multiple nature way, i conclude, i am just looking for answer to see where the fault is to remedy it. Same for the mrs to certain extend, even our consulting doc also cannot provide an answer for us thus finally we decided ivf.

So both mrs and m have to understand through this journey beside the $ and beside the jabs and medication, the emotional part and expectation have to be well managed. Best is dun compare, take each IUI instance as a gamble.

If you feeling very down need someone to talk to come here, there are many listening ears, the ladies here are great and helpful. Dun bottle things up yourself

Hi @WJZKEV!
So long never hear from you leh. Hope all is well yah. I read you are going thru IVF is it? When are you scheduled for it?

I am still trying via IUI. This time with jab + clomid. Have to visit the dr quite often to ensure the follicle not more than 3. So far only 1 growing...huhuhu

But decide, if this round fail too, I thought of asking the dr to schedule me for IVF liao. I dont think I can survive another round of poking and just doing IUI.

@WJZKEV and @catinthesky, thank you both.. I am glad to have found this place and all the encouragement is priceless. I will keep strong and let's get a BFP together

Hi @littlejas,

Although its easier said than done, but its good to hear that you are trying to keep strong.

You said your mum the worried sort. Both my mum & my mil, cannot hear these kind of things type. Both will change subject whenever I talk about this. Both do not seem to be interested. Like I tell them some scary story. So, its very difficult for me to get any kind of support from them. :( :( :(

But, I find those that I trust and not loud hailer, to talk to. My sis, my cousin and my bff. My bff have gone thru this before. She got pregnant on her 1st try via IVF. But her pregnancy also not smooth sailing. Many problems and complication. But thankfully, still going strong. 6mths already.

So sis, it definitely not easy. We are just at the beginning of the journey. But, I believe, if we are gung ho enough to go thru this, we should be gung ho enough for whatever may come in our way. Have faith ya...

Hi all, went for my scan this morning and got ONE follicle (size 18) on left side.

Just ONE only it seems... feeling a bit nervous. Seems like chances are lower. Heard of people with 3-4 follicles and still BFN...

And I didn't know I'm supposed to take the jab only tonight. Thought the dr can jab me but I'm advised to go GP to get help being jabbed.. haha. The nurse also taught me how to jab myself, but I'm so clumsy in remembering details, I better just go to GP.

This Sat is my IUI.. keeping fingers, toes and eyes crossed!

Hi all, went for my scan this morning and got ONE follicle (size 18) on left side.

Just ONE only it seems... feeling a bit nervous. Seems like chances are lower. Heard of people with 3-4 follicles and still BFN...

And I didn't know I'm supposed to take the jab only tonight. Thought the dr can jab me but I'm advised to go GP to get help being jabbed.. haha. The nurse also taught me how to jab myself, but I'm so clumsy in remembering details, I better just go to GP.

I've heard people who BFP with one follicle as well..hope this is THE One for you :)
Our timeline is quite close, I may be doing my IUI this weekend too. Today is my CD11, going for my scan tomorrow and see if follicles are ready.
Good luck for your IUI on Sat! :)

I've heard people who BFP with one follicle as well..hope this is THE One for you :)
Our timeline is quite close, I may be doing my IUI this weekend too. Today is my CD11, going for my scan tomorrow and see if follicles are ready.
Good luck for your IUI on Sat! :)

Thanks @babyloveyou! I hope so this is THE ONE! :)

Oh great! Hope we both have good news to share soon! Best of luck for your upcoming IUI too! :D

Eh, you got jabs from so early onwards? I only took oral meds from CD2-6, and tonight will take the trigger jab.

Will update you if i feel nausea after the jab tonight, hehe
mine is not the trigger shot leh... those daily de stim i guess... next monday need go down check the follicle size... dont worry about yours. there is still hope! will us updated ya ! :)

mine is not the trigger shot leh... those daily de stim i guess... next monday need go down check the follicle size... dont worry about yours. there is still hope! will us updated ya ! :)

Ohhh I see. I wasn't aware that IUI got daily shots, thought only IVF need to. Must be so hard on you!

Thanks Yeah, good luck to you too! :)

I doing at mt e..it's my 1st medicated IUI so i'm not sure of the 'normal' protocol too..what meds are u given? I'm on letrozole for CD2-6 then Menopur jabs daily from CD8 (sorry not CD7). I did IVF before, jabs also starts on CD2-3 for IVF. Don't know why for IUI, jabs starts so late..

Can I check, if I go for medicated iui, can I go every month Or I need to let my body heal for few months like ivf?

I doing at mt e..it's my 1st medicated IUI so i'm not sure of the 'normal' protocol too..what meds are u given? I'm on letrozole for CD2-6 then Menopur jabs daily from CD8 (sorry not CD7). I did IVF before, jabs also starts on CD2-3 for IVF. Don't know why for IUI, jabs starts so late..
Oh. i think cus u are medicated thats why start jab late? i tried letrozole before without any special treatment. but didnt managed to be successful after 6 months. :( so moving on now..

Hi @WJZKEV!
So long never hear from you leh. Hope all is well yah. I read you are going thru IVF is it? When are you scheduled for it?

I am still trying via IUI. This time with jab + clomid. Have to visit the dr quite often to ensure the follicle not more than 3. So far only 1 growing...huhuhu

But decide, if this round fail too, I thought of asking the dr to schedule me for IVF liao. I dont think I can survive another round of poking and just doing IUI.
Hello Annb, yeap thats our decision maybe frm which can know the reason? Anyway these had been a buay last 3 weeks for my mrs with her parents and nephews and nieces visiting, so maybe planning a trip to unwind.

Very tired to always ponder on this child gamble gam hahaha. All the best for this round. Dun think too much ok, sometimes answer is no answer

i guess yours is only take clomid or something similar, so there is only 1 follicles.. for me, when i took only clomid, is btw 1 to 2 follicles
when trying IUI, i take both clomid and follicles stimulated jabs, hence have 3 to 4 follicles per cycle.
but took me 3 cycles to have BFP

i guess yours is only take clomid or something similar, so there is only 1 follicles.. for me, when i took only clomid, is btw 1 to 2 follicles
when trying IUI, i take both clomid and follicles stimulated jabs, hence have 3 to 4 follicles per cycle.
but took me 3 cycles to have BFP

Oh I see! Not sure why dr only gave me oral meds (tamoxifen) and one trigger jab. I guess it's my first IUI. If it doesn't work probably next cycle will increase method.

I took clomid before for natural cycle but didn't work for me. :(

Hi all, a small introduction of myself. I'm turning 30 this yr and have been trying for a baby for a year plus. Went KKH recently to check, doc say i'm perfectly fine. My hub's 1% morphology is fine cause both his sperm count & motility are gd so encourage us to keep trying but we decided to try for IUI cause we are so depressing each time my menses come. I'm going for my first IUI this Oct. Just wondering if anyone knows how long will the ultrasound scan take? The nurse told me from Day 7 onwards, i will have to visit clinic often for scanning for the size of eggs. I requested 2h time off from work to allow me to go for check but i'm afraid it will take longer than that. I'm with KKIVF now.

Hi all, a small introduction of myself. I'm turning 30 this yr and have been trying for a baby for a year plus. Went KKH recently to check, doc say i'm perfectly fine. My hub's 1% morphology is fine cause both his sperm count & motility are gd so encourage us to keep trying but we decided to try for IUI cause we are so depressing each time my menses come. I'm going for my first IUI this Oct. Just wondering if anyone knows how long will the ultrasound scan take? The nurse told me from Day 7 onwards, i will have to visit clinic often for scanning for the size of eggs. I requested 2h time off from work to allow me to go for check but i'm afraid it will take longer than that. I'm with KKIVF now.

Hi there! I'm with NUH and my first IUI cycle went like this:

CD2 - consultation and scan (was on a Sat)

CD12 - scan to check follicle size (about 1hr including waiting time. Scan was only like 10min)

CD14 - scan again for follicle size (about 1hr including waiting time, scan was 5min only, dr rushing!) Visited GP near my house for trigger shot (ovidrel) that evening.

CD16 - Tomorrow! Going in for my IUI :)

Not sure if kkivf waiting time is longer. Do take into consideration travelling time back to your office.

By the way, it should be vaginal scan and not ultrasound scan.

Hope it helps!

CD12 - scan to check follicle size (about 1hr including waiting time. Scan was only like 10min)

CD14 - scan again for follicle size (about 1hr including waiting time, scan was 5min only, dr rushing!) Visited GP near my house for trigger shot (ovidrel) that evening.

Not sure if kkivf waiting time is longer. Do take into consideration travelling time back to your office.

Hope it helps!
Good luck to u!
Update us on your TWW yah? It's like so many sisters here, encouraging one another.

Is your work place near to KK? Else 2 hrs may not be quite enuf.
Anyway, just checking if u have done tests to ensure your Fallopian tubes are not blocked b4 your doc schedule u for IUI in Oct?

Last edited:
Is your work place near to KK? Else 2 hrs may not be quite enuf.
Anyway, just checking if u have done tests to ensure your Fallopian tubes are not blocked b4 your doc schedule u for IUI in Oct?

Hi, yup! I did fallopian tube b4 my 2nd review with doc at KKH. Blood test, fallopian tube all perfectly fine. Doc advised us to try awhile more but we are too depress to see negative for the past 1 yr so we decided to go for IUI

Hope it helps!

Thanks!! Good luck to u! Hope to hear gd news from you soon!

Thanks!! Good luck to u! Hope to hear gd news from you soon!

Thank you! Good luck to you too!

Had my IUI done this morning. It wasn't painful like I feared, just slightly uncomfortable. Had to do it on full bladder and was worried I would pee on the dr, hahaha.

Hubby's sperm count after washing is 15million, which according to doc is good. He said average is 5-10million.

So now I'm entering into 2ww. Trying to talk to my tummy and visualise fertilization taking place. :p

Thank you! Good luck to you too!

Had my IUI done this morning. It wasn't painful like I feared, just slightly uncomfortable. Had to do it on full bladder and was worried I would pee on the dr, hahaha.

Hubby's sperm count after washing is 15million, which according to doc is good. He said average is 5-10million.

So now I'm entering into 2ww. Trying to talk to my tummy and visualise fertilization taking place. :p

Hi @catinthesky ,
Yeay! I have a cycle buddy. Just had my IUI this morning too! All the best to both of us yah! Hopefully after the TWW, we both get BFP. :) :) :)

Hello Annb, yeap thats our decision maybe frm which can know the reason? Anyway these had been a buay last 3 weeks for my mrs with her parents and nephews and nieces visiting, so maybe planning a trip to unwind.

Very tired to always ponder on this child gamble gam hahaha. All the best for this round. Dun think too much ok, sometimes answer is no answer

@WJZKEV , go....go....unwind. Sometimes this journey can be very stressful. Have a relaxing trip with your Mrs yah. Maybe once you are back from the trip, your Mrs and you more relaxed, it can yield a better result. Don't be so discourage k. Jia you!

Back