(2014) ivf mummies support group

Ok the next question is whether if this parsnip is cooling? I don't want wait my girls eat already cough like mad and he start blaming me. My elder very sensitive.

Yes joy she will cry when hit the wall I think really painful cause can hear loud gong sound haha.

faith how u deal w/ur girl separation anxiety?

i m tryin 2look 4purple sweet potato.. mayb will try sheng siong 2day... tried a small orang sweet potato from malaysia market, it was nice! i liked it too...

Iwantahealthybaby, i goggled on the tcm use on parsnips

祛风,除湿,解毒。治感冒身热,呕吐,腹痛,筋骨疼痛,疮疡,湿疹,痔疾

English translation
Dispelling, dehumidification , detoxification. Colds , fever , vomiting , abdominal pain, aching pain , sores, eczema , hemorrhoids

faith, I been using aust gold sweet potato haven tried other types yet..

nv try giving local veggies cos of the stem.. hard to puree or chew .. kailan quite bitter not sure if suitable to give them these veggies anot too.. so far nv heard these veggies given as baby food.. just like fish.. only limit to threadfin, cod & salmon

I'm running out of idea what to give to my girl. Haha!

Joy, I keep talking to her, even when I'm in the kitchen. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes I pull the high chair to the kitchen and let her sit there with me. Sometimes I baby carry her with the carrier.

Now at 9 months old, I think they are beginning to tell us what they like and dislike. My girl can really show me her likes and dislikes.

That time we went to Hougang Polyclinic for her 9 months old development assessment, the nurse told us now we are dealing with her brain, not her because that's how the brain functions now. So she told us we must start discipline her. If we don't want her to develop any undesirable behaviour, we must start discipline now. If not, after 1 year old, it will be difficult to change her. That was why I asked if anyone has started discipline your LO.

For example, she told us, if we don't like her to put her fingers into her ear, each time she does that, we must say no, then show a stern face to her to let her know this is undesirable. If she still continues, each time she does that, we must use our index finger to beat the hand that she puts in her ear. On the other hand, if she does something good with her hand, then we kiss that hand. Then she said it takes 5-7 days for babies to unlearn something.

The nurse told us these because after testing her fine motor skills, she tried taking the wooden cube away from my girl, my girl showed angry face and cried.

Then after that, I went home and started training her by playing give and take game. Now she's fine with us taking toys/things away from her.

But I asked my friend, she said her girl also will cry if she takes things away from her. So I think generally at this age, they are like that?

my twinnies snatches toys among themselves, the one who snatch will cry if lost. I will beat the hand cause she is really throwing tantrums. how can you go and snatch other people toy and come back crying when u didn manage to grab it. I don't know if it works cause she at ifc i got feeling also go around snatching other toys. i gave kalian and spinach before. what i do is i steam and blend. stem i limit, like ratio 1:2 (my girls seems to like spinach more than kalian but then again hard to gauge cause they are not 100% in love with solids yet. sweet potato i let them try before too, those orange meat and yellow meat both try before.

ok seems like parsnip got its benefits, will go get again and try on my girls.

faith, may i know the brand of the Greek yogurt u bought for ur girl? i tried the yogurt for babies n toddlers.. they dun like..

Iwantahealthybaby, my twins also start snatching toys from one another.. they dun cry just persist in getting the toy in their hands... until the other lose interest n find other toys to play... lol

Cheery, I bought Farmers Union Greek Style Natural Yoghurt from Giant. It's the 2nd one in the picture. On the box, it says it's ideal for cooking.
ImageUploadedByForum1439972206.796231.jpg

Yup farmers union Greek not bad. My girls doesn't fancy yoghurt too but I only tried once. They say you must try one food at least 10times before they like it.

My girl likes yoghurt. The first time I gave her, she finished everything, and the peach. I think she likes it so much that she was rejecting my BM that day. Then I'm a bit worried so I didn't give her yoghurt ever since. Haha!

By the way, I wanna ask all mummies here, does your LO cry like mad when you want to change diaper for him/her? Does he/she cry the moment you put him/her down at the changing station? Then after bath, when you want to place him/her at the changing station to dress up, does he/she cry madly too?

My girl recently kept crying the moment I put her down to change diaper. After bath, she will also cry madly when I want to put her down to dress up.

Today I went NTUC Finest to do grocery shopping. I bought beetroot, fennel, organic strawberries, frozen organic blueberries, yam, and organic red and green seedless grapes as new food for my girl to try. Of course, I also bought other usual items that my girl has tried before.

Yesterday I saw fresh organic blueberries at Cold Storage but I didn't buy. Today didn't see it at Finest so bought frozen ones.

I finally bought hulled millet.

Yes mine has been behaving like that since 2mths ago maybe even longer. Change diaper cry, bath finish want wear clothes put down cry. Like we beat them so hard like that their cries. I also don't know what's wrong. Till date they still behaving this way.

Iwahb, today I tried to sit down together with her on the bed, which is the changing station for us. Then let her play with some toys first like warm up with that place. Then I slowly put her to lie down to change diaper. She's fine with this arrangement which puzzles me because in the past, I used to put her down first, then I sit on the bed to change and she was perfectly fine.

Then after bath, I used to just carry her and go straight to the bed where I already laid the towel because the toilet and the bed are very close. Then today, what I did was take the towel, put over my shoulder and lap and put her on my lap and wrap her before going to the bed. She was fine.

Funny right?

Today went for assessment at polyclinic. Nurse said baby is small size and needs to eat more. But he's so picky on food and only take cereal. He spits out porridge and puree :(

Ete, what's your boy's weight & height?

My girl's weight at her assessment, she was 7.8 kg. Height is 71 cm. Head circumference is 42.5 cm. The nurse said she's okay.

The doctor ever told me as long as baby triples her birth weight when she turns 1 year old, she's fine.

Last edited:
Haha eh he's 71.5cm weight 7.51kg. Head 42.5cm. Nurse said small size. Birth weight 2.95kg. Triples at 1? Wah ... must jia you.

Ete, looks like our babies are about the same size. Haha! My girl's birth weight is 3.04 kg.

But maybe yours is boy and their growth chart is different from girl's, that's why the nurse said yours is on small side.

How many solids meals are you giving him now?

Last edited:
Ok all your babies are taller than mine lol. Mine only 69cm/70cm. At almost 10months weighing only 8.4/8.5kg. Nurse say they around 50percentile but keep telling me don't so stress about their weight. She say looking gd. Mine still look very baby I feel like few months old lol. There is another baby fair coming end August anyone going? What u all buying this time round?

I think I will go and see see look look. Also don't know what to buy. I feel like getting Recaro car seat or stroller. My girl will soon outgrow the maxi cosi bassinet.

Last edited:
I think due to teething, my girl is so cranky today. She is practically cranky the whole day. She just wants to be held, hugged, and nursed the whole day. This makes me so tired today, and can't cook in peace for her. Then she vomits her dinner out twice (small portion each time). Recently her appetite is also not very good.

I think due to teething, my girl is so cranky today. She is practically cranky the whole day. She just wants to be held, hugged, and nursed the whole day. This makes me so tired today, and can't cook in peace for her. Then she vomits her dinner out twice (small portion each time). Recently her appetite is also not very good.

My frien daughter teething will latch her whole day even go toilet also must carry her in. She latch until my frien nipple pain n sore.

Faith I supplement with 6-12 mths. I am also giving on off cause I want them to slowly get use to fm. My younger don't like. Need to keep "bluffing" her to drink. Elder ok to drink.

My frien daughter teething will latch her whole day even go toilet also must carry her in. She latch until my frien nipple pain n sore.
Then does your friend still feed her daughter solids during teething period? Yeah same. She just wants to latch and latch. Really can't cook at all. Today she cries murder! Screams and shout and cries non stop. Only when I carry her or napping, then she stops.

Then does your friend still feed her daughter solids during teething period? Yeah same. She just wants to latch and latch. Really can't cook at all. Today she cries murder! Screams and shout and cries non stop. Only when I carry her or napping, then she stops.

Hmmm solids reduce also, but she still feed her solid. My frien only complain her daughter teething for 2 weeks n she already buay tahan coz her daughter keep on latch n only want her or her grandma. Even dad also dun want

Joy, I thought once the first sign of teeth is out, it's considered teething, be it bottom 2 or upper 2.

When my girl had her bottom 2, she was fine. Now the upper 2, she is extremely cranky!

I went to the fair today. Guess what? I bought another BabyU photoshoot package again! LOL! The package that I bought last year, has been utilised already, and we are very satisfied with their service, and quality!

I saw Tula carriers. It's going at $229.94 for the standard one. Very tempted to buy but I didn't buy. Hehe!

As I walked to the end, the side where there're a lot of educational booths, guess what I saw? Milo truck! So nostalgic! Reminds me of my schooling days. I drank 5 cups! Haha!

faith i went yesterday too! nv see the milo truck.. ah wasted i love the milo truck!
i sign up the 99 package with baby U too!
Cheery, did you share their FB page? If you do, you will get another 5R printout.

Actually this $99 package has changed a little. Last year, usual price was $130 with 1 5R & frame, and 2 4R printouts. This year, they increase the usual price to $150, and there are only 2 5R printouts.

When we utilised the last year package that we bought, they told us for existing customers, on our babies' birthday month, we will be entitled to 20% discount if we sign up in that month. If other months, only 10%.

I calculated. The discount at baby fair is more. About 40%. So I purposely went to the fair to sign up. Haha!

faith nope i haven share.. how does the sharing goes about? when do i have to show them tt i did to get the free 5R? they dun tell me yesterday..

I didn see the milo truck too when I go with lynncandy. I saw Kellogg's mascot thou. We stopped by baby u booth but end up consider and never turn back. I don't know if it's even possible to capture nice twins pic together at this age when they still don't really listen. I'm thinking also if I need a Tula then again when will I baby wear them till?

Oh my girls also teething. Elder super bad mood and night can't sleep. Touched the top part of the gum and can feel something coming out. Wonder how long will this last. Hope the teeth pop out soon.

I went to the fair today. Guess what? I bought another BabyU photoshoot package again! LOL! The package that I bought last year, has been utilised already, and we are very satisfied with their service, and quality!

I saw Tula carriers. It's going at $229.94 for the standard one. Very tempted to buy but I didn't buy. Hehe!

As I walked to the end, the side where there're a lot of educational booths, guess what I saw? Milo truck! So nostalgic! Reminds me of my schooling days. I drank 5 cups! Haha!

If u interested to get tula u can get frm Australia provided u have relative or friends living over there. Free shipping in Australia n is much more cheaper than u bought in Singapore or US. I help my frien purchase over Australia n is only $204. While u get frm US probably is ard $220-$250

Cheery, you go to BabyU FB, and share this page. See below.
ImageUploadedByForum1440859318.526425.jpg

I don't know how they track. Just share first. Then maybe when you book your appointment with them, show them that you have shared.

Iwahb, you don't have to worry. They are very professional! They will play with your twins, and make them feel at ease. They told me there was once they sent the parents and baby home and asked them to rebook their appointment because the baby was too cranky. Unlike other studios, they don't go by number of hours in the studio. Those go by hours ones will probably try to complete the shoot as much as they can on the appointment day. In another words, you can't reschedule if your baby is cranky and uncooperative on that day.

Last edited:
I bought Dentinox teething gel from Watson. Haven't used yet.

By the way, how many naps are your babies having now? Mine is only one nap in the afternoon. About 1.5 hours.

I went to baby fair on Friday but didn't see babyu booth.. I wish to sign up too but don't intend to go today. Anyone has idea if babyu will be there on oct fair?

I bought Dentinox teething gel from Watson. Haven't used yet.

By the way, how many naps are your babies having now? Mine is only one nap in the afternoon. About 1.5 hours.
My boy nap 2 or 3 times a day unless go out. Each nap 1 - 2 hr.

I also bought the same brand teething gel. So far used ok.

Kitkats, BabyU told me they only set up booth at *************** once a year. They don't take part in other fairs.

Recently I just utilised last year package for my girl's 9 months photoshoot. I topped up 3 more photo concepts at $50 each, and purchased all soft copies (unedited) at $100.

But they have raised their price. Now to purchase all soft copies (unedited), it's $200.

Kitkats, I don't know how to describe to you where to find BabyU booth.

Back