Support Group - Mid Term Termination Of Pregnancy

Remember Serene, there will be rainbow after every storm...so stay positive ya... I did not describe the process of MTPT fully but I would thought the hospital will actually provide single ward for all MTPT cases....

I thot so too... But apparently we're given choices of 1, 2 or 4 bedded.
Thanks babe!!

Hi all, I have a 21 month old baby girl. I am seeing adrain woodworth at cck clinic. A 10 week scan showed that my baby has no heartbeat. Is waiting for a natural miscarriage better, or doing a d&c? Do you know the cost of d&c at kkh? I heard thomson medical is expensive, but this is where I will be doing if I choose my current doc.

Babe, I would also follow my gynae's advice. I did do a D&C for my previous mc as gynae said it's better to do a clean up in case of future pregnancy. Maybe u can discuss n ask ur gynae for his advice.

My doc said Harmony test quite a bit of false positives so still got chances ur bb is healthy and normal. Nvm just go for the amniocentesis and see how. Please not for amniocentesis you have to have bed rest after that as there is risk, but not high. Just take care for 1mth after amnio.
For me i dont think i am strong but that is life.

Really got fake positives for harmony? After hearing what gynae said, I really felt all odds gone. I mean what's the chance of a 1% non DS.
Gynae nurse said rest 2-3 days after amnio shld be okie. Need to take care 1 mth?
Hugs babe..

Mummies, my gynae just called me tdy to inform my 15w5d boy has DS, based on Harmony Test. Will be gg for amnio next week. Cried lots tdy, can't help myself. Had a previous mc in 1st Tri back in 2011.

Hb wants to terminate if amnio results are the same.

May I know if all of u went thru the entire procedure (from inserting pills to dilate the cervix, to gg thru the contractions n then delivering) in the gynae ward? My gynae said we hv choice of 1, 2 or 4 bedded. But costs vary a lot, hence I would be very thankful if any kind soul here can advise if we choose 2 or 4 bedded, there'll be other patients n visitors gg in n out n no privacy? After reading thru all the posts here, I dunno if I can go thru the procedure in front of strangers.

Hello, I went through the MTPT. I blogged about the process cos I could not find anything in detail on the actual process.

http://findingsophiec.blogspot.sg/2015/02/mid-term-pregnancy-termination-actual.html

Hello everyone, Thank you to all those who have been supporting me since my MTPT in Feb and also to those who went to my blog to encourage me. I disappeared from the online zone for a while because I felt so lost and needed some time alone to consolidate my thoughts. I decided to face life more positively and focus more on things that are good for my soul. This is my blog's address and my current status. Thought of updating you guys cos you have been so encouraging during my darkest nights.http://findingsophiec.blogspot.sg/2015/07/a-lighter-me-letting-go.html

I still feel a bit sad but definitely a lot better than a few months ago. Do you guys have marriage problems? PM me ...

been reading this forum for the past 2 weeks.
Feeling so devastating now as my harmony test and CVS ( rapid result) has came out as positive T21 and I am now at week 13
my gene did not do mid term termination hence he refer me to dr lim man yu at NUH. read from some post service at NUH is not that good. my mum has been keep emphasizing that very experience gynea is really help to ensure the process is done and uterus is really clean properly to avoid any other implication
I do not know which singapore gynea is really good to go for this process and which hospital should I choose , and do I need refer letter from gynea if I want to see other gynea for this procedure beside the one that is suggested by my gynea
really hope one of you can advise me on this,

Hugs babe.. It's a v tough n heartbreaking process to go thru... So be strong okie.. I wouldn't recommend my gynae to u as my Mt E bill was pretty ex.. But I do agree a gd gynae is vvv impt.. Hopefully other mummies here can help u...

Hi all, I have a 21 month old baby girl. I am seeing adrain woodworth at cck clinic. A 10 week scan showed that my baby has no heartbeat. Is waiting for a natural miscarriage better, or doing a d&c? Do you know the cost of d&c at kkh? I heard thomson medical is expensive, but this is where I will be doing if I choose my current doc.

Hi fashionluv,

Sorry to know that the bb had no heartbeat at 10 weeks. Better seek your gynae's advice on what is the best treatment option for you. If there is no active bleeding, and it has been a while, the gynae will usually advise you to have a d and c; however, if there is active bleeding, the gynae. will suggest you to have natural miscarriage. For my 1st pregnancy loss, as there was brown spotting, and I was suffering from low-grade fever, my gynae was afraid of infection so advised me to go for d and c. However, for my loss in mid-June this year, as I was already actively bleeding, I chose natural miscarriage.

did any of you do the procedure at NUH? I had my appointment yesterday with my referral gynae and called in today to make the admission appointment and what the registration side told me is they will register me to be admitted on the date I choose but can't guarantee that I can be admitted on that day depending of availability of the room ( regardless of type of room) , they will only call me on the day itself in the morning to let me know if I can come in or have to choose other day and repeat the same process again ( set date, wait call on the day itself coz all subject to availability of the room), oh my ,its so devastating after we went thru such a heart break news now we still have to feel floating in waiting.
i start to regret why I choose gov hospital , was wondering is it the same scenario if private hospital?
now If we want to opt for private hospital, I really do not know which gynae should I go to
Really hope any of you can enlighten me a little bit, do I need to get referral letter from my old gynae ( which I prefer not to go there anymore) in order to go to the other gynae at private hospital? or can I just go to any gynae e.g. at Mount E and told them my case and to see if they do MTPT? sigh

Hi yukiari, hugs very sorry to know what happened to you. Hope i get the msgs clear n answered you appropriately here as i reading this forum via handphone. Didnt reply ur pm as the qn u posted in this forum n pm r the same so post here in case others also need to know the answers but let me know if u prefer private msg :) i did the procedure in NUH bcos my doc is a prof there n doing the research on Down syndrome n i agreed to "donate" my poor 2nd son hoping will be able to relief others. He gave me the choice Mt E Novena or NUH. I chose NUH cos near my boy's childcare n my mum, cheaper n my doc dont need to arrange courier for sending to NUH for research. As my case is for research my procedure got a recommended option of injecting something to the amnio fluid/ foetus while collecting my amnio fluid for research and next day the bb come out naturally without epi. I not sure if this is the std procedures as i dont dare to ask much . The other option is to take pill to trigger dilation which will take longer n after that i dunno what the procedure be.
My case maybe different from yours as i was already 19-21 weeks when i "abort" due to amniocentesis gotta wait till past 16 weeks to do then 2 weeks for the full report n 1 wk to decide n arrange my personal things.
Yup usually hospitals cannot guarantee which ward even when we said we dont mind the single deluxe. They put us in isolation room first and after bb come out then say got A ward and trsf us over . So we wonder is it bcos of the procedure n not tt the ward is full.
For the doc referral i not too sure . Wheh ur doc recommend you to do the termination by?
Did i miss out anything?

Yukiari, hugs again.. For Mt E, the entire labor n delivery process is carried out in the Gynae ward (single, 2 or 4 bedded), not maternity ward. As per my pm, i only wanted single ward (as I wanted my hb to accompany me thru out the entire process). If I had chosen 2 or 4 bedded, he would only be able to stay by my side during visiting hrs.

And yes, even Mt E can't promise u the preferred ward that u choose as they would only know on the day itself if they hv that ward vacancy when the patients hv discharged. Hence my gynae's nurse called me that morning to confirm I could admit myself to the hospital as the single ward patient had discharged that morning. Hence I only did my admission at 2+pm and started my procedure ard 3+pm.

Mine was the pill insertion to soften n dilate the cervix as per my pm, 2 pills every 4 hrs. Took me 16+ hrs b4 waterbag burst and i delivered my bb.

Yukiari, hugs again.. For Mt E, the entire labor n delivery process is carried out in the Gynae ward (single, 2 or 4 bedded), not maternity ward. As per my pm, i only wanted single ward (as I wanted my hb to accompany me thru out the entire process). If I had chosen 2 or 4 bedded, he would only be able to stay by my side during visiting hrs.

And yes, even Mt E can't promise u the preferred ward that u choose as they would only know on the day itself if they hv that ward vacancy when the patients hv discharged. Hence my gynae's nurse called me that morning to confirm I could admit myself to the hospital as the single ward patient had discharged that morning. Hence I only did my admission at 2+pm and started my procedure ard 3+pm.

Mine was the pill insertion to soften n dilate the cervix as per my pm, 2 pills every 4 hrs. Took me 16+ hrs b4 waterbag burst and i delivered my bb.

Hi serenelm,

Very sorry to know about your mid-term termination of pregnancy. Must be very tough on both you and your hubby. You are really a very brave woman.

Thanks babes, hugs to u both too... Being in this thread, we are kinda all in same boat n hv gone thru the tough times... We are all brave women.. But I guess it'll take a lot for me to find peace again..

Hugs to all of you too
Thks a lot serenelm and babyGN for the info, I really hope it didn't make both of you feel too sad but telling me the process you both have gone thru, I really appreciate a lot this sharing.
BabyGN,
I totally can understand that hospital is unable to promise us our preferred ward ( I choose a1) but I told them I m really fine with any type of ward if it's really not available. What I really need is just an assurance that I can be admitted on the date we have set.
Reading from ur reply maybe because your case is different so even they can't promise u the preferred ward , you still know you will be admitted on the date set, did I understand it correctly? For mine the registration told me they can only let me know if I can admit on the date set in the morning ( let's say Wednesday) if can't then I have to set another date ( let's say Friday) and wait till they will call me on Friday morning to tell me whether I can be admitted or not , I get very confuse and ask them why are we left with such uncertainty even on which date we can be admitted and she can't answer me, She never mention abt puttin in isolation room first or something like that, I keep telling her I just want to know whether I can be admitted on the date set or not regardless of the ward , when in such lost situation I guess I really feel very stress to get such a floating uncertainty answer

For my case i also dunno what time i will be admitted due too due to my doc's bz schedule. The bed issues r usually common in all hospitals as hard to determine when patients will discharge but usually they will try their best to allocate then when patients discharged then they will allow to change wards.

Hi, chanced upon this thread as I was researching on CVS. I had a MTTP in Jan 2015 and I believe I could have cope better if I chance upon this thread earlier.

Background: Both hubby n myself are alpha thal minors so with every pregnancy there's a 25% chance the bb cant survive. We opted for amnio during my 17w of pregnancy as my pregnancy was unstable with spotting. Results came thru a call fr my kkh genetics consellor that bb is an alpha thal major and I will need to terminate my pregnancy soonest.
It was a week before new year of 2015 where everyone was in a festive mood. I cried buckets though we were prepared that our child could be a major. I had to go thru conselling though it wasn't abortion by choice. The abortion was scheduled on 2/1/2015. I had no heart to celebrate the new year.

I checked in to an A1 ward cause I wanted privacy. But my gynae requested that i be put under close observation with other high risks cases as I had a c section in 2012 n she's concern tt my scar might rapture. In summary, I delivered after 12 hrs fr the insertion of the first pill. The whole experience was tramatic. I delivered in the observation ward with other patients hearing my screams. Only send back to my ward to rest after delivery of plancenta. I cannot imagine myself going through this again.

Anyone terminate the pregnancy due to Turner syndrome? My harmony test shows that the X chromosome is missing, so gynae advised me to do anmio test, done it last Friday, now waiting for results...

Hi, chanced upon this thread as I was researching on CVS. I had a MTTP in Jan 2015 and I believe I could have cope better if I chance upon this thread earlier.

Background: Both hubby n myself are alpha thal minors so with every pregnancy there's a 25% chance the bb cant survive. We opted for amnio during my 17w of pregnancy as my pregnancy was unstable with spotting. Results came thru a call fr my kkh genetics consellor that bb is an alpha thal major and I will need to terminate my pregnancy soonest.
It was a week before new year of 2015 where everyone was in a festive mood. I cried buckets though we were prepared that our child could be a major. I had to go thru conselling though it wasn't abortion by choice. The abortion was scheduled on 2/1/2015. I had no heart to celebrate the new year.

I checked in to an A1 ward cause I wanted privacy. But my gynae requested that i be put under close observation with other high risks cases as I had a c section in 2012 n she's concern tt my scar might rapture. In summary, I delivered after 12 hrs fr the insertion of the first pill. The whole experience was tramatic. I delivered in the observation ward with other patients hearing my screams. Only send back to my ward to rest after delivery of plancenta. I cannot imagine myself going through this again.

hugs...

Anyone terminate the pregnancy due to Turner syndrome? My harmony test shows that the X chromosome is missing, so gynae advised me to do anmio test, done it last Friday, now waiting for results...

each family circumstances is very unique. Before your result is out, you may want to list down the different scenarios with your loved ones in the event the result turns out to be positive and what you and your loved ones going to do with your result. I know it is very hard to think of such scenarios at this moment, but at least now you all able to discuss among yourselves. come the dreaded day, you will be more receptive to whatever decisions you have made before hand. Hope the results is in your favour.

each family circumstances is very unique. Before your result is out, you may want to list down the different scenarios with your loved ones in the event the result turns out to be positive and what you and your loved ones going to do with your result. I know it is very hard to think of such scenarios at this moment, but at least now you all able to discuss among yourselves. come the dreaded day, you will be more receptive to whatever decisions you have made before hand. Hope the results is in your favour.

Thanks ecym for your reply. We did discuss on what we are going to do, for me I think consider terminating this pregnancy but hubby would choose not to... This 2 weeks wait is torturing...

Hugs babe..

Neveda: same sentiments.. hug
Elegancez: HuG understand how you feel n esp both of you thinks differently, hope your bb is normal and healthy. Life is always unexpected so we have to prepare for the worst, hope for the best and learn how to cope and look forward to the positives.

Hi BabyGN
So was the procedure is done by nurse at maternity ward or by your Gynea or any doc on duty? Heard some ppl said it is done by nurse and doc on duty will come and check if all is fine after foetus is out
My initial gynea is actually not from NUH

my MTPT was done at TMC. I was put on pills at cervix to dilate. The duty nurses helped me to insert. Throughout my two days, my gynae came to visit and check for dilation. My baby was borned on third day midnight (after 7 pills), my gynae has gone home. The duty nurses helped to deliver and clean up. At 7am, my gynae came to do a d & e and i was discharged at 2pm same day.

My case was my doc gave the injection via tummy at around 3plus pm. Next day morning near 10 am water bag burst then shortly baby slipped out but breeched & cord around neck so doc on duty helped to pull out. Nurse came in and out but none were around when the waterbag and baby out. Bad thing is i was left more than 2 hrs to wait for placenta to be out and they got prob putting the drip on me. Finally my own doc came and he delivered the placenta.

Dear Yukiari,
How are you? Sorry I replied late because I did my MTPT with NUH under prof biswas. I opted for the single room private ward. I did return for a DnC because there were remains of the placenta inside BUT I respect Prof a lot a lot and he has already told me that there is no 100percent guarantee that my uterus would be emptied completely.

http://findingsophiec.blogspot.sg/2015/03/heavy-bleeding-after-mtpt.html?m=1

And yes, please do your confinement. At least do not leave your house at all for the first two weeks. That's what Prof advised too.

Dear Yukiari,
How are you? Sorry I replied late because I did my MTPT with NUH under prof biswas. I opted for the single room private ward. I did return for a DnC because there were remains of the placenta inside BUT I respect Prof a lot a lot and he has already told me that there is no 100percent guarantee that my uterus would be emptied completely.

http://findingsophiec.blogspot.sg/2015/03/heavy-bleeding-after-mtpt.html?m=1

And yes, please do your confinement. At least do not leave your house at all for the first two weeks. That's what Prof advised too.

Hi Faith,
Thks for the reply.
My MTPT is done last week. Still so sad every night before sleep though I told myself not to think about it but it's always easy to say. Still thinking a lot about my angel baby.
My worry now is about whether there is still any remaining placenta inside.
I didn't know that the process was not done by the gynae I talked to but by the medical officer on duty. Not that I m doubting her skill but she didn't tell me anything after she cleaned me up she just walked away and I have to ask nurse about what's going on and she just told me all is done.
First 4 days was normal bleeding but the past 2 days I suddenly have lots of big blood clot came out with bad cramp. Feel worry about it , the next check up is scheduled only 2 weeks after MTPT.
Did any of you go to other gynae to check one week after the procedure to get 2nd opinion ? Is one week to early to check? Feel very lost now

Hugs Yukiari... It's not easy to find peace after MTPT, i myself still struggling after 2+ weeks too.

U might wan to call up Gynae clinic to ask if u need to bring forward the review appt if u're concerned abt the bleeding.

Hi Faith,
Thks for the reply.
My MTPT is done last week. Still so sad every night before sleep though I told myself not to think about it but it's always easy to say. Still thinking a lot about my angel baby.
My worry now is about whether there is still any remaining placenta inside.
I didn't know that the process was not done by the gynae I talked to but by the medical officer on duty. Not that I m doubting her skill but she didn't tell me anything after she cleaned me up she just walked away and I have to ask nurse about what's going on and she just told me all is done.
First 4 days was normal bleeding but the past 2 days I suddenly have lots of big blood clot came out with bad cramp. Feel worry about it , the next check up is scheduled only 2 weeks after MTPT.
Did any of you go to other gynae to check one week after the procedure to get 2nd opinion ? Is one week to early to check? Feel very lost now
Hi hi... They gave u a list of instructions how to take care and when to go A&E right? If u don't feel right, u don't need to wait until the scheduled appointment.

I am having some blood strain in clear discharge on week 13 but never expect the doc at Kkh o&g to tell me they found no heart beat and movement of bb . Where I have just seen on Monday and proceed for harmony test. My own Gynae ask me to wait until tomorrow and go his clinic to scan to confirm

I am having some blood strain in clear discharge on week 13 but never expect the doc at Kkh o&g to tell me they found no heart beat and movement of bb . Where I have just seen on Monday and proceed for harmony test. My own Gynae ask me to wait until tomorrow and go his clinic to scan to confirm

Hi dear,

Oh so sad to hear that. Do take care, and hope and pray for the best of the results. Did KKh O & G clinic tell you when bb no more heartbeat? So if confirmed, you have to do probably not D & C, the other one (cannot recall the name).

How is it at your side?

Hi mummies,very sad to hear all this, as I nearly lose my baby boy in January this year.I did not have any specific doctor in KKH,and was first told from a lady doctor that my boy test result was abnormal,Dr diagnose with klinefelter .I was not very lucky like most of you to meet a very good doctor.She told me to go back and look through Wikipedia for more into, and told me things that was very serious and ask me to go home and think of it if I should abort it for one week.So then I browse through the net and it was quite scary of this syndrome. I cried every night as I do not want anyone to know it.I pray everynight and told him if I did somethibg wrong previously, please let me be the one suffering and not the baby. The doctor did one thing correctly was to arrange me to see the genetics doctor.So the early morning I packed my bag and ready for the abortion and didn't even want to meet the genetic doctor.But was told from the nurse I must go,so ya I went and I'm glad I went.She told me things that were more precise, and it wont be so scary.And I mentioned what the previous doctor said to me she said 'NO 'it won't be Like that and claim that because she handle child with this syndrome and see them growing up so she knows more,whereas the other doctor over another side,only see pregnant lady's not child so not very sure about it.But how could she say things that are not confirm to.so I went back for my check up and it was her again,she was gald to hear me keeping my baby,but she did not even apologies for her mistake,put aside the information that i browsed,I won't denied that I also nearly lost my baby because of her words,so I don't deserve any apologise made?But I decide to let it go as I'm alreafy satisfied my baby can stay, whatmore can I still say?So I finally gave birth in may.Also hiccups after I decided to keep him,and was delivered in 37weeks.I will give him all my love and just live one day by another. I know eventually the day will come,but I'll still say he's my pride. Until now when I saw some of those mid term termination stories, I will recalled the one week that I thought I would lose my child.

I would have lodged a complain. The doctor's mindless words almost caused you to make the wrong decision and the killing of your child.

Hi babybaby75,

How was the scan on Monday? Hope that everything is alright with your baby.

Hi
I have done d&c with my Gynae at Tmc on Monday now resting at home. Thanks for asking . Still trying hard to get over it and keep asking what happen is it cos I get pregnant too fast cos I just deliver in apr this yr

Hi
I have done d&c with my Gynae at Tmc on Monday now resting at home. Thanks for asking . Still trying hard to get over it and keep asking what happen is it cos I get pregnant too fast cos I just deliver in apr this yr

Hi babybaby75,

Please do a full confinement in your case, as it is past the first trimester. During this period, please do not touch cold water, do not take any liang or cooling food, try to wear socks and try not to blow fan or air-con.

Please do not blame yourself for what has happened. The baby is just not meant to be.

If you do believe in tcm, do see tcm to tiao your body maybe a week or 10 days later.

Hi babybaby75,

Please do a full confinement in your case, as it is past the first trimester. During this period, please do not touch cold water, do not take any liang or cooling food, try to wear socks and try not to blow fan or air-con.

Please do not blame yourself for what has happened. The baby is just not meant to be.

If you do believe in tcm, do see tcm to tiao your body maybe a week or 10 days later.
Thanks

Hi

May I know is traditional Malay massage recommended after MTPT? I delivered my angel baby on 12 Dec and I am still having light bleeding on and off. I am thinking will massage help better drain out the lochia. just that's I'm afraid that massaging the adominal area will affect the healing.

I lost my boy 03sept, till now I'm still sobbing whenever I read articles related to this, whenever I see pregnant Mommy, whenever I see new born.
I sob sob.
He was supposing to due 21this month . *tearing*
How to get over this - lost?
My partner don't seem to care, he is distance n avoid me.
Is there a support out there?

Back