Zhu Sheng Niang Niang (注生娘娘)

老师,if I offer prayers twice everyday with joss stick to the Lord Buddha, could I do the same when I am menstrating? I am also chanting the heart sutra..can I chant during my menses period?

Thanks teacher, hope to hear from u soon!

Hello joyousbb,
Okay to chant sutra. Pls also see attachment. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-23-21-08-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-23-21-08-02.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 462
  • Screenshot_2015-08-23-21-10-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-08-23-21-10-34.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 486

Hello joyousbb,
Okay to chant sutra. Pls also see attachment. Hope this helps.
Thanks, Rubilite. So I will just chant the heart sutra until my cycle is over and will not offer joss sticks for the time being. So saying prayers with both hands also to be avoided?

Hi 老师,

Have been following this thread so had pick up alot of advices in here.

I read and had already registered for the seventh month chaodu for my babies at Guangmingshan. Had a chemical pregnancy 3 yrs ago and twins miscarriage 1 month ago. My pregnancies are all by IVF as we are not able to conveive naturally.

I will like to know what should i do next or which set of sutras should i chant as im might be going for my last final try in Dec.
Been eating AM vegetarian everyday and also for 初一,十五.

Also, i had a uncle which recently diagnose with motor neurone disease and doctor say that he is the 2nd person that had this in Singapore and no cure at this moment. This disease will affect his movement and his motor skills slowly.
He has went to ask those ki-tong and all ask him to take TCM they prescribe or go to 推拿。
I had share with him about chanting sutras like 药师咒 and eating vegetarian can help him but im not sure what other sutras he should chant. Can you advise?

Thanks in advance for all the advices here.

wondersss, big hugs to you.
i also had an MC in 2012. And i went to pray to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang after that. Maybe you can also make a trip to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang. I also chant the 楞严咒 before ttc until i delivered my first child.

Just want to check with 老师。。。 what do you think of 楞严咒?

您是threadstarter. 谢谢您开了这个thread哦!功德无量!Many members/readers相信收获不浅。

This thread is among the few popular threads that has the highest number of readers. 目前为止,in the entire Singapore forumboards, 就只有这个forum and thread discussed alot about 民俗习惯以及拜神求子。

老师尽量try to stick back to the origin of discussion (with respect to this thread). 也会尽量少写其他的,免得discussion topic drift away.

老师, 是我们应该感谢你才对。。。。 谢谢你这么多年以来耐心的教导 !! :)

Hi ladies

My husband and I will be returning 100 eggs to the zhu sheng niang niang at Toa Payoh Shuang lin temple this Saturday, 29 August at around 11am. We have a cute little baby girl who is celebrating her full month this week.

Feel free to collect and may all be blessed with babies soon.

Baby dust to all!
Thank you, yakuzabear !!

Hi everyone, my husband and I are trying for BB, but no luck till nw, so we are going to pray to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang for blessing.
I would like to check if it's ok to go pray Zhu Sheng Niang Niang and get eggs for blessing in the Lunar 7th month...
Thank you.

老师,

下午好。想请问一下,您是否能指点一下,我在 http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/2008-06-june-2008.733/page-186#post-1798454读到说:

1. 外人不能进我坐月子的房间,会对我不好,是真的吗?那么家人呢?因为我的妈妈会来探访也会到我的房里来抱宝宝。

2. 那个thread里也有人提到说说在满月时,让想生孩子的夫妇坐在我的床上吃面线与红鸡蛋。这样做对我们会不会有任何的影响吗?不好意思,友人又提过而我们当下也答应了,若会对谁不好,能否让我们知道如何减轻那些不好的呢?

不好意识,刚读到老师分享的:

baby出世过整100日之后,长辈可以出庆祝 - baby纳运!父母请大家吃斋米粉、蛋糕、ang-gu-kuay.

我们会在宝宝未满30天做满月,能否在宝宝满100天时,在定糯米饭,红鸡蛋,ang-gu-kuay 捐出去为宝宝钠运呢?纳运有什么 process 吗?宝宝出世时,我们将宝宝的脐带血捐了出去,能否为此替宝宝积福或纳运呢?

非常的谢谢您花时间来为我们解释。

Last edited:
老师您好。请老师看看贴图的对白。
依老师看为什么有些小孩出生后就会渐渐让妈妈反感甚至感觉厌恶呢?

upload_2015-8-27_15-21-41.png
upload_2015-8-27_15-22-44.png

upload_2015-8-27_15-23-28.png
upload_2015-8-27_15-24-5.png

Hi All,

My wife and I has been trying to conceive but to no avail for the past 3 years. Could anyone share via pm what is the "homework" given by Mentor Toblerone to
help in conceiving. Previously sent a note to Mentor Toblerone but haven't got a reply for almost 2 months.
Much appreciated.

Hi Mentor Toblerone,

If you happened to see this message, could you help to reply to our pm in the midst of your busy schedule? Appreciate and looking forward to your reply.

Hi zenogearx, are the both of you able to start a full vegetarian diet first? Have you start reading from page 1 of the thread? There is totally no short cut on this. Need to have determination.

Hi All,

My wife and I has been trying to conceive but to no avail for the past 3 years. Could anyone share via pm what is the "homework" given by Mentor Toblerone to
help in conceiving. Previously sent a note to Mentor Toblerone but haven't got a reply for almost 2 months.
Much appreciated.

Hi Mentor Toblerone,

If you happened to see this message, could you help to reply to our pm in the midst of your busy schedule? Appreciate and looking forward to your reply.

Hello zenogearx,
若你还没看 page 38, 老师写关于为什么生不出孩子的 pdf file, 我也建议你去读读,明白为何因。

Hi Steve and Rubilite,

Thanks for your kind reply.
Yes we have read the items from page one and understand that there are several factors at play for why some people are childless We reviewed those factors and ruled out some (like abortion effect etc) but no sure if the other categories applies, but we always try to make sure we do not do things that would evoke negative karma.

We have tried many other avenue but so far there is still no results and we are willing to try the method that Mentor has taught. We know it is a difficult path but we are willing to make an effort.
I am been on vegetarian diet for some years and my wife has been following me as well but not totally abstained yet for her, so the first hurdle of reverting to a full veg. diet is not a big issue for us.

Hope to hear more detailed advice from members here (pm would good so we don't clutter up this useful thread with my conversation where many others are seeking advice as well).
Many thanks.

Hi everyone, my husband and I are trying for BB, but no luck till nw, so we are going to pray to Zhu Sheng Niang Niang for blessing.
I would like to check if it's ok to go pray Zhu Sheng Niang Niang and get eggs for blessing in the Lunar 7th month...
Thank you.

Hi Wendy

it should be okay because I did the same, The temple assistant didn't tell me cannot :) and even encourage me to take the red eggs
Hope this clear your doubts :)

Hi Wendy

it should be okay because I did the same, The temple assistant didn't tell me cannot :) and even encourage me to take the red eggs
Hope this clear your doubts :)
Hi faithmummy, can little kid eat the red eggs that we got from he temple returned by parents for their new born babies?:)

Hi faithmummy, can little kid eat the red eggs that we got from he temple returned by parents for their new born babies?:)

Hi Joyousbb

actually i am not too sure about this. But when i was young, my parents didn't allow me to eat red eggs given by relatives...
Maybe we can wait for Lao Shi to reply for you

Hi Joyousbb

actually i am not too sure about this. But when i was young, my parents didn't allow me to eat red eggs given by relatives...
Yes and are we eating two. Or the husband eat one and wife eat one. Thank you for your advice.

Yes and are we eating two. Or the husband eat one and wife eat one. Thank you for your advice.

From what i had read from someone's advice is that, Husband eat one, Wife eat one, Both eat on the bed
But i never eat on the bed with my husband, to be honest.
But We ate together on dining table

From what i had read from someone's advice is that, Husband eat one, Wife eat one, Both eat on the bed
as long as it works then should be ok ba....
the monk at the temple also nv tell us to eat on bed, he just say eat can liao..
but my partner and i did eat on the bed, coz he did his own research :p

Managed to get him to eat with me in the living room. First time after a few failed attempts.. hope it work.
Would it work if not eaten on our bed together?

as long as it works then should be ok ba....
the monk at the temple also nv tell us to eat on bed, he just say eat can liao..
but my partner and i did eat on the bed, coz he did his own research :p
Hi pixie ng, so for it to work the eggs must be eaten on the bed together with hubby?
The temple assistant say kid cannot eat the red egg.. hehe, but don't know why.
Doubt cleared!

I stil unable to get any eggs.. anyone going to drop soon? Thanks
Hi Yong Yong3, u went after sat or after? Usually if same day should be available unless too high in demand or nit many eggs were returned..
next time when u reached the temple after knowing that successful parents return the eggs, u may wish to ask the temple assistant if the eggs r still available bcos it happened to me once. I saw it myself. Because many eggs were returned the assistant there (or someone) fearing that no one collect the eggs has kept it away and given them away. I don't want to mention which temple but I think not v nice to do it this way, moreover the parents just returned the eggs not long ago when I reached. Maybe also because many times red eggs were returned and no one collect.

Just try asking, u may get your blessing eggs:)

I'm quite vexed. My house currently is stocked with shelves and shelves of things from hubby's business. Almost converting into a workshop and hardly any space to move! I actually don't feel good living in a place which is so messy. I'm also currently trying out for ivf. I ever told my hubby if I'm pregnant , he must find alternative place to store all his things. However, I also read in the past posts that it is a taboo to move things in the house while trying to conceive and even more so when pregnant. I feel vexed, and affecting my mood.

I'm quite vexed. My house currently is stocked with shelves and shelves of things from hubby's business. Almost converting into a workshop and hardly any space to move! I actually don't feel good living in a place which is so messy. I'm also currently trying out for ivf. I ever told my hubby if I'm pregnant , he must find alternative place to store all his things. However, I also read in the past posts that it is a taboo to move things in the house while trying to conceive and even more so when pregnant. I feel vexed, and affecting my mood.

Hello kitty16,
家里乱糟糟的心情难免也会不好吧, 干干净净看起来都舒服。尝试怀孕时移东西没避忌吧?好过怀孕后才移,毕竟孕妇避忌更多, 你说是吧。

Last edited:
Hi Yong Yong3, u went after sat or after? Usually if same day should be available unless too high in demand or nit many eggs were returned..
next time when u reached the temple after knowing that successful parents return the eggs, u may wish to ask the temple assistant if the eggs r still available bcos it happened to me once. I saw it myself. Because many eggs were returned the assistant there (or someone) fearing that no one collect the eggs has kept it away and given them away. I don't want to mention which temple but I think not v nice to do it this way, moreover the parents just returned the eggs not long ago when I reached. Maybe also because many times red eggs were returned and no one collect.

Just try asking, u may get your blessing eggs:)
Hi, I neve been there before. But waiting to see anyone will return eggs then I will go collect. But when I see this posting. The parents who returned the eggs is over the last weekend, so kind of too late if I go down right? So I will keep checking this post to see anyone else return again then will go grap. Thanks for ur advice ya.

Hi, I neve been there before. But waiting to see anyone will return eggs then I will go collect. But when I see this posting. The parents who returned the eggs is over the last weekend, so kind of too late if I go down right? So I will keep checking this post to see anyone else return again then will go grap. Thanks for ur advice ya.
you can just go down and try... not everyone who went down will post here too..

1. 外人不能进我坐月子的房间,会对我不好,是真的吗?那么家人呢?因为我的妈妈会来探访也会到我的房里来抱宝宝。
没对母体婴儿不利,而是访客。
打个比喻:你哥哥的家在装修(打地砖、油漆),有灰尘垃圾。这时你去你哥哥的家,你说你身上还会干净吗?拜访妇女坐月也是同样的道理。

外婆去看看新生外孙,那是肯定的。总不能叫外婆please get out嘛...亲人免不了来关心。
人往生善后,也是一样的。还是得要至亲的人打理。妈妈去看生完产的女儿也是同样的道理。

2. 那个thread里也有人提到说说在满月时,让想生孩子的夫妇坐在我的床上吃面线与红鸡蛋。这样做对我们会不会有任何的影响吗?不好意思,友人又提过而我们当下也答应了,若会对谁不好,能否让我们知道如何减轻那些不好的呢?
满月时,基本上是没有事了。未孕的夫妇是可以坐在床上。请放心。这是坊间的做法,实际上不可行得通。

过去还有一个做法,就是当新婚夫妇娶进门,新娘坐在床上后,接着由小孩去跳床!这个习俗,很少人会practise。在一些籍贯,少部分的人会这样做。现在的人newly wedding couple bed precious like diamond.

不好意识,刚读到老师分享的:
baby出世过整100日之后,长辈可以出庆祝 - baby纳运!父母请大家吃斋米粉、蛋糕、ang-gu-kuay.
我们会在宝宝未满30天做满月,能否在宝宝满100天时,在定糯米饭,红鸡蛋,ang-gu-kuay 捐出去为宝宝钠运呢?纳运有什么 process 吗?宝宝出世时,我们将宝宝的脐带血捐了出去,能否为此替宝宝积福或纳运呢?
Most people will be free during weekends, 办满月方便。有些爷爷奶奶还没退休,they don't have time to do preparation during weekdays. 所以,现在的人办弥月从‘方便’变‘随便’。

100days可以做个小小庆祝。在弥月/100 days有长辈给baby红包的话,父母拿着baby的手去接红包,之后放在baby的身上。或者,准备小袋子装红包,可以让baby挂在身上,这样红包不会掉了。红包的钱就别拿出来。重要的是新红包/纸。(红包的钱,单数双数,怎么包怎么写,可以非常讲究。老师不想讲,写到累死。)Nowadays, people don't care. Everything, "ciim-caii"了。

During festive occassions, 很多父母接了baby的红包,就赶快拿走放在自己(大人)的口袋/handbag. 然后,去则所看红包给多少钱。Many people do it this way. 哈哈...老师不想讲

Last edited:
I stil unable to get any eggs.. anyone going to drop soon? Thanks
so for it to work the eggs must be eaten on the bed together with hubby?
I've got 2 eggs. Thanks a lot!!!
Yes and are we eating two.
Kindly see post #1942 <- Click.

There are hyperlinks in that post too.

The temple assistant say kid cannot eat the red egg.. hehe, but don't know why.
老师曾经说过也说了很多次,有些人红白事是得避开。因此,红鸡蛋不能吃。

15nt0rs.jpg

*避开事(事=wedding, full month party & etc. 事=wake, funeral & etc.)。
See post. Click -> #1123 #907 #63

Last edited:
Teacher you say let the baby wear the red packet then how long we can remove it? Can we keep the red packet inside the baby's pillow when baby want to sleep?

Hee..my wedding I did ask my sister's baby to jump on our wedding bed wor. hee..

I'm quite vexed. My house currently is stocked with shelves and shelves of things from hubby's business. Almost converting into a workshop and hardly any space to move! I actually don't feel good living in a place which is so messy. I'm also currently trying out for ivf. I ever told my hubby if I'm pregnant , he must find alternative place to store all his things.
我的妈呀,令人担心的是火患!
屋子堆积杂物,心情当然烦闷。要想生孩子又没地方住。你说受孕机会如何呢?

However, I also read in the past posts that it is a taboo to move things in the house while trying to conceive and even more so when pregnant. I feel vexed, and affecting my mood.
怀孕后不移动家具才是真的。

老师您好。请老师看看贴图的对白。
依老师看为什么有些小孩出生后就会渐渐让妈妈反感甚至感觉厌恶呢?
妈妈一提起她儿子,就一肚子的火了。还诅咒人...

爸爸跟女儿很要好、妈妈超疼儿子、舅舅的子女跟阿姨特别融洽、外公外婆特别疼大女儿的小女儿(list goes on)
憎恨的例子也超多,家婆非常不喜欢媳妇、夫妻变仇家、娘家的人对女婿不满(list goes on)

你提出的例子是典型的‘讨债’。

See post. Click-> #1704 #1479 #16804

Last edited:
没对母体婴儿不利,而是访客。
打个比喻:你哥哥的家在装修(打地砖、油漆),有灰尘垃圾。这时你去你哥哥的家,你说你身上还会干净吗?拜访妇女坐月也是同样的道理。

外婆去看看新生外孙,那是肯定的。总不能叫外婆please get out嘛...亲人免不了来关心。
人往生善后,也是一样的。还是得要至亲的人打理。妈妈去看生完产的女儿也是同样的道理。

满月时,基本上是没有事了。未孕的夫妇是可以坐在床上。请放心。这是坊间的做法,实际上不可行得通。

过去还有一个做法,就是当新婚夫妇娶进门,新娘坐在床上后,接着由小孩去跳床!这个习俗,很少人会practise。在一些籍贯,少部分的人会这样做。现在的人newly wedding couple bed precious like diamond.

Most people will be free during weekends, 办满月方便。有些爷爷奶奶还没退休,they don't have time to do preparation during weekdays. 所以,现在的人办弥月从‘方便’变‘随便’。

100days可以做个小小庆祝。在弥月/100 days有长辈给baby红包的话,父母拿着baby的手去接红包,之后放在baby的身上。或者,准备小袋子装红包,可以让baby挂在身上,这样红包不会掉了。红包的钱就别拿出来。重要的是新红包/纸。(红包的钱,单数双数,怎么包怎么写,可以非常讲究。老师不想讲,写到累死。)Nowadays, people don't care. Everything, "ciim-caii"了。

During festive occassions, 很多父母接了baby的红包,就赶快拿走放在自己(大人)的口袋/handbag. 然后,去则所看红包给多少钱。Many people do it this way. 哈哈...老师不想讲

老师,so this means it's OK for parents and grandparents to visit baby before full month?

Kindly see post #1942 <- Click.

There are hyperlinks in that post too.

老师曾经说过也说了很多次,有些人红白事是得避开。因此,红鸡蛋不能吃。

15nt0rs.jpg

*避开事(事=wedding, full month party & etc. 事=wake, funeral & etc.)。
See post. Click -> #1123 #907 #63

Teacher, how do we know whether we can attend red and white event? You mentioned that some people will clash with the bride but some people will get pregnant immediately after shaking hand with the bride...

Hi ladies

My husband and I will be returning 100 eggs to the zhu sheng niang niang at Toa Payoh Shuang lin temple this Saturday, 29 August at around 11am. We have a cute little baby girl who is celebrating her full month this week.

Feel free to collect and may all be blessed with babies soon.

Baby dust to all!
Thanks yakuzabear, my hubby and i took the red eggs!!

Hi 老师,

Have been following this thread so had pick up alot of advices in here.

I read and had already registered for the seventh month chaodu for my babies at Guangmingshan. Had a chemical pregnancy 3 yrs ago and twins miscarriage 1 month ago. My pregnancies are all by IVF as we are not able to conveive naturally.

I will like to know what should i do next or which set of sutras should i chant as im might be going for my last final try in Dec.
Been eating AM vegetarian everyday and also for 初一,十五.

Also, i had a uncle which recently diagnose with motor neurone disease and doctor say that he is the 2nd person that had this in Singapore and no cure at this moment. This disease will affect his movement and his motor skills slowly.
He has went to ask those ki-tong and all ask him to take TCM they prescribe or go to 推拿。
I had share with him about chanting sutras like 药师咒 and eating vegetarian can help him but im not sure what other sutras he should chant. Can you advise?

Back