IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi..just want to update that after yday scan it showed no more heartbeat. I was on FET. Got a bfp. Scan at week 6 saw heartbeat, terrible morning sickness and all. Now I shld be in week 9 but scan showed 8week+ & no heartbeat. I'm so depressed. This will, be my 4th miscarriage. It always happen on week 8.

I'm just giving another wk to see if any miracle can happen. So next week I'll go scan again. I wanna ask how many of u will choose to do D&C or let it miscarry naturally? Previously I did d&c and e other 2x were naturally. If D&C, Dr Tan said can send the mass for lab test, but I've read other countries forums, there were cases where by when they wait &results were different for who knows what reasons.

Does any1 has any experience of just wait? I'm not for D&C coz it's like abortion and I know it's not gd for the womb. Haiz...sorry I don't mean to be such a wet blanket in all e excitement of those trying new cycle.
Hugzz..I can tell that u are in dilemma now given the past experience. I guess we shall leave it to doc to rec since they are experience and will know wat is best for us.

Anyway, jia you jia you.

Yes. Nurse called and informed me on the progesterone BT results.

The nurse told me utrogestan can be taken orally too, bcos I asked what should i do with the pills when I'm back at work. (she recommended me to do vaginal insert whenever possible.)

She also mentioned some of her patients will feel giddy when utrogestan is taken orally. This could be one of the side effect.

Oic, ok then I will take concurrently oral and vaginal inserts... thanks for ur advice... Jiayou !!!

Tmr will be starting my first gonal f jab. Past 3 days on orgulatran.. Just went to see TSB and she says to stop my med until the day after ET.. Im also keeping my fingers crossed cos previous attempts of iui and so iui failed.. But need to keep the positive mindset!

Pardon my ignorance..what is TSB?
Jiayou jiayou for ur jabs! Painful but its gonna be over soon! =)

So this is yr first ivf fresh cycle?

Me too seeing tsb! But still no good news after taking her meds last cycle.. So abit dishearten..
How long have u all been seeing her?
Hello! I have been seeing her since Jan this year and seen a good increase in my body temp.. Previously my temp fell below the graph she gave me.. She say im very cold blooded.. Lol luckily now im well within the graph..

Pardon my ignorance..what is TSB?
Jiayou jiayou for ur jabs! Painful but its gonna be over soon! =)

So this is yr first ivf fresh cycle?
TSB is the name of my chinese physician. Tan Siew Buoy.. Hehe..

Yup my first fresh cycle. Hopefully THH would let me put 2 embryos for this time.. Fingers crossed follicles and lininn grows well..

Hi..just want to update that after yday scan it showed no more heartbeat. I was on FET. Got a bfp. Scan at week 6 saw heartbeat, terrible morning sickness and all. Now I shld be in week 9 but scan showed 8week+ & no heartbeat. I'm so depressed. This will, be my 4th miscarriage. It always happen on week 8.

I'm just giving another wk to see if any miracle can happen. So next week I'll go scan again. I wanna ask how many of u will choose to do D&C or let it miscarry naturally? Previously I did d&c and e other 2x were naturally. If D&C, Dr Tan said can send the mass for lab test, but I've read other countries forums, there were cases where by when they wait &results were different for who knows what reasons.

Does any1 has any experience of just wait? I'm not for D&C coz it's like abortion and I know it's not gd for the womb. Haiz...sorry I don't mean to be such a wet blanket in all e excitement of those trying new cycle.
Hugz gal. I am also praying a miracle happens for you. I was in similar situation two miscarriages both on week 6 and same day 1 jun somemore. Cud not knw why. Natural expel better than dnc. If u can send in the expelled tissue dnc can be avoided. Will be natural as well as no scarring tats what private gynea told me after the 2nd incident.

Hi ladies, can anyone share with me what are the food we should eat during stim and 2ww period? I saw it somewhere but can't find it anymore.

I am doing the long cycle.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry all..need yr advice

I did endo scratch ytd..n i was told that my AF shld come any time soon..but im having some brown dark discharge.. not sure if its my AF..

Anyone knows abt it?

Sorry all..need yr advice

I did endo scratch ytd..n i was told that my AF shld come any time soon..but im having some brown dark discharge.. not sure if its my AF..

Anyone knows abt it?
Hi there,call sincere tomorrow morn to explain yr situation to them and see what they advise you. For now, rest for e night first

Hi ladies ,

I'm on 1st time new cycle long protocol for IVF with KKH, Dr THH (tml is my 28 days of luprin plus 7 days of Gonal F) .

Tomorrow is my 1st scan to see how the follicles is growing & I'm getting worry. As I don't get much discharge throughout but just now i get abit of slightly pinkish discharge.

Is this normal or does this meaning my follicles are not growing as well as they shld?

Thanks in advance as I can't sleep over this matter.:(

Hi ladies ,

I'm on 1st time new cycle long protocol for IVF with KKH, Dr THH (tml is my 28 days of luprin plus 7 days of Gonal F) .

Tomorrow is my 1st scan to see how the follicles is growing & I'm getting worry. As I don't get much discharge throughout but just now i get abit of slightly pinkish discharge.

Is this normal or does this meaning my follicles are not growing as well as they shld?

Thanks in advance as I can't sleep over this matter.:(
Hello lady,dun worry too much as e biggest killer of ivf success is stress. As stress will affect egg growth n development.

Since e scan hasnt started yet,dun make conclusion on how yr eggs uh. For 1st scan,its still early to determine e total of number of eggs that can be retrieved.

For now,sleep early n leavd e worry out of yr head 1st. Jia you!

Eh I had once just a couple of days before ER, after bfp I did once actually. But I had bleeding abt 1.5 wks after bfp so dr Loh suggested I do again one last time just in case.
I see.. Was he the one who suggested intralipid in the first place? Any idea why he suggested intralipid to u?

I would like to share my journey & advice so that we can benefit for all trying for IVF.

Married in 2011, conceived naturally but end ectopic. Had surgery but never remove fallopian tube on the left. My right ovary and tube is taken out during young due to cycts. After 1 year still never conceive naturally. Went for hsg, find out my only left tube is blocked. Proceed with NUH subsidy for IVF.

2013 1st Fresh IVF with Dr Chew. 10 eggs retrieved, 3 embryo fertilized. Trf 2 - 7 cells embryo. BFP but miscarried naturally at week 6 coz sac did not grow. No yolk sac too. This cycle, i ate folic, brazil nuts and durian. Bed rest for a few days but still go out often.
2014 1st FET. Left with 1 embryo. Never trf coz never survive Thaw.

2014 2nd Fresh IVF with Dr Lim. 10 eggs retrieved, 5 embryo fertilized. Trf 2 - 8 cells embryo. BFN. This cycle, i ate folic, coq 10, fish oil, egg whites, brazil nuts, durians, chicken essence everyday. Bed rest. Seldom go out.

2015 Change to Prof PC Wong as Private so no more subsidy.
1st FET: Trf 2 - Compacting embryo. BFN. This cycle, i ate folic, coq 10, fish oil, conceive well gold pill, egg whites, brazil nuts, durians, chicken essence and red longan drink everyday. I went for Intralipid with Dr Loh TMC before transfer. Bed rest. Seldom go out.

2015 Prof PC Wong suggest i go hysteroscopy to check my uterus. But nothing is found in my uterus. No Polyps or fibroid.

2015 Still with Prof PC Wong.
2nd FET: Proceed to trf my last 1 - Compacting embryo. BFP.
This cycle, i ate folic, brazil nuts, almonds, kiwi & drink shaklee soy protein everyday. Went to KL on the 5th day after transfer. Drive up. Walk alot. Shop alot. Eat alot. After i come back KL, i still goes out. Do housework, wash toilets. Before trf, i still drinks cold, gassy water. Ate whatever i want. But after trf i only drink cold water during shaklee soy protein. After BFP i ask Prof can still continue with the Soy Protein. He said can. So I still drink for energy. I bought it at Mustafa. I attached the picture so that easy for u all to buy.
Therefore this cycle, i did not bed rest, did not drink chicken essence, did not eat durian, did not eat egg whites, did not drink red longan, only take folic.

Im 5 weeks now. Already went for my first scan. Baby dust to all. Muacks!
Congrats! =)

I would like to share my journey & advice so that we can benefit for all trying for IVF.

Married in 2011, conceived naturally but end ectopic. Had surgery but never remove fallopian tube on the left. My right ovary and tube is taken out during young due to cycts. After 1 year still never conceive naturally. Went for hsg, find out my only left tube is blocked. Proceed with NUH subsidy for IVF.

2013 1st Fresh IVF with Dr Chew. 10 eggs retrieved, 3 embryo fertilized. Trf 2 - 7 cells embryo. BFP but miscarried naturally at week 6 coz sac did not grow. No yolk sac too. This cycle, i ate folic, brazil nuts and durian. Bed rest for a few days but still go out often.

2014 2nd Fresh IVF with Dr Lim. 10 eggs retrieved, 5 embryo fertilized. Trf 2 - 8 cells embryo. BFN. This cycle, i ate folic, coq 10, fish oil, egg whites, brazil nuts, durians, chicken essence everyday. Bed rest. Seldom go out.

1st FET: Trf 2 - Compacting embryo. BFN. This cycle, i ate folic, coq 10, fish oil, conceive well gold pill, egg whites, brazil nuts, durians, chicken essence and red longan drink everyday. I went for Intralipid with Dr Loh TMC before transfer. Bed rest. Seldom go out.

2015 Prof PC Wong suggest i go hysteroscopy to check my uterus. But nothing is found in my uterus. No Polyps or fibroid.

This cycle, i ate folic, brazil nuts, almonds, kiwi & drink shaklee soy protein everyday. Went to KL on the 5th day after transfer. Drive up. Walk alot. Shop alot. Eat alot. After i come back KL, i still goes out. Do housework, wash toilets. Before trf, i still drinks cold, gassy water. Ate whatever i want. But after trf i only drink cold water during shaklee soy protein. After BFP i ask Prof can still continue with the Soy Protein. He said can. So I still drink for energy. I bought it at Mustafa. I attached the picture so that easy for u all to buy.
Therefore this cycle, i did not bed rest, did not drink chicken essence, did not eat durian, did not eat egg whites, did not drink red longan, only take folic.

Gong xi gong xi!

Hi, does anyone know whether can we still bed/unprotected sex if doing endo scratching for that month?

Hi Wiel

http://www.carefertility.com/ivf/viewtopic.php?p=852569&sid=6f6a8b41a84b4bd247ae5139613620f4

"Background Information
Implantation of an embryo within the endometrial cavity is an important stage in IVF treatment.
Intentional endometrial scratching done prior to the embryo transfer induces changes in the
endometrium that might facilitate implantation and therefore the likelihood of a successful outcome
after assisted reproduction treatments.
The Cochrane review compared five randomised controlled trials of women who underwent
endometrial scratching and concluded that the procedure when performed prior to the embryo
transfer cycle improved clinical pregnancy and live birth rates in women undergoing IVF.
The Procedure
Patients are advised to refrain from sexual intercourse in the month of having the scratch performed.
The procedure is similar to having a smear test. This involves a speculum insertion into the vagina,
followed by inserting a thin flexible plastic catheter into the womb, to create injury to the lining of the
womb.
No anaesthesia is necessary. However we do advise that you take a pain killer (Paracetamol 1000 mg
(2 tablets)) one hour prior to the procedure. This will help to minimise any discomfort that you may
experience.
Patients are advised not to empty their bladder for a couple of hours prior to the procedure to help
with ease of insertion of the plastic catheter into the womb.
Complications
Patients may experience mild cramping uterine pain at the time of the insertion and sometimes
following the procedure.
Slight spotting or bleeding on the day is also not uncommon.
The risk of infection is minimal.
There are no definitive conclusions to date about its effects on miscarriage or multiple pregnancy. The five trials carried out have not shown any correlation."

Congrats!! May I know what's the purpose of the soy protein? So this BFP cycle u did not do intralipid?

Hi, follicle size should be 17 and above. Lining should be above 7 I think. During my scan, my follicles were 16.5 and was told to jab again and come back. Had my scan the next day and they were 17 and 18. What's weird is my lining is 5.4 but I've been scheduled for the trigger tonight.
@Sueism, I believe you would have done your ER now?

I just came back from my scan this morning. I am ready for ER next Tuesday! Woohoo...

BUT, I have 3 scheduled meetings at work on that day. Die liao! I don't know how to tell my boss...

I just came back from my scan this morning. I am ready for ER next Tuesday! Woohoo...

BUT, I have 3 scheduled meetings at work on that day. Die liao! I don't know how to tell my boss...
Maybe I will meet u cos my might be on next Mon or Tues, depending on the scan tmr. Heee...
Don't care so much about work liao. Just tell your boss that your HL will begins on next Tues & get your colleague to cover u...

Hi Koirc, do you mind sharing your dosage for injection? And also how is your lining and egg size like?

Hello lady,dun worry too much as e biggest killer of ivf success is stress. As stress will affect egg growth n development.

Since e scan hasnt started yet,dun make conclusion on how yr eggs uh. For 1st scan,its still early to determine e total of number of eggs that can be retrieved.

For now,sleep early n leavd e worry out of yr head 1st. Jia you!

Thanks for d advise Connie_hopeful...

And yup u are right...1st scan still too early to determine anything. ..My follicles aren't growing as ideal as it should be....

Right : 7mm (as tube blocked + operation due to having cyst b4)
Left :8.5, 7 , 7 , 5, 6mm

Contunie Lucrin & Gonal F...add menopur. ..scan on Monday again...

Can I check with you all....
1.) Does it make any difference which side I inject on since now I know my right side tube is not performing that good?

2.) Any special food that will help in "growing" d follicles?

Thanks in advance ...

Thanks for d advise Connie_hopeful...

And yup u are right...1st scan still too early to determine anything. ..My follicles aren't growing as ideal as it should be....

Right : 7mm (as tube blocked + operation due to having cyst b4)
Left :8.5, 7 , 7 , 5, 6mm

Contunie Lucrin & Gonal F...add menopur. ..scan on Monday again...

Can I check with you all....
1.) Does it make any difference which side I inject on since now I know my right side tube is not performing that good?

2.) Any special food that will help in "growing" d follicles?

Thanks in advance ...

I can only answer Part 2: I think eggs, eggs and more eggs....anything with high protein...

Doc said no difference in which side to inject but maybe you inject the left side to play safe?

Hi Koirc, do you mind sharing your dosage for injection? And also how is your lining and egg size like?
@jkoh I am on Cetrotide and Menopur. Menopur is the one that has been increased from 225 to 300. Lining is 9.5mm and Follicle is 17mm.

Hope this helps.

Dear sisters, went for my 2nd scan @ kkivf tdy. I had blocker jab orgalutran for first 3 days then started stim on 25.8. So I had 3 days of stim to date. I called up kkivf prior to this visit and they cfm I have 2 follicles at baseline scans. R is 8? (kinda big) and L3? (hazy). 8mm reading is kinda big for day 2 of menses so I guess that's why I was given blocker jab first.
Tdy scan is weird too. My lining is 3.5!! (baseline was 5)
Now R 6, 6, 5 and L 8?, 3? (hazy again). I think for 3 days of stims, the outcome is quite OK? Perhaps becos I wasn't expecting much as I have low AMH / reserve and wasn't expected to respond well to stims with high cycle cancellation rate etc etc. Anyhow my doc wants to increase my dosage for Gonal-F from 375 to 450. I voiced out my concerns to my review doc but to no avail. Was worried abt going to high dose already at day 4 of stim.
I have read and heard that too high dose stim results in poorer quality eggs and for women my age (gg to be 40), mini ivf eg low dosage works better.
What do u ladies think? Are the sizes of follicles bad for stim day4?

Back