IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi, I can tell that u are anxious abt this whole blood and spotting. Like wat ringbell said, it could b implantation spotting. I know the whole process makes us on 'high alert', which now I think back again. Anxiety doesn't helps at all. Try to relax and rest more. There are a few more days to u BT, just think positive.

@Yingchian @ringbell ya I kind of freak out when I saw blood after Inserts, and the first thing came to my mind is 'liao'. Thanks for the encouragement. Keeping my finger cross!

i got my 2nd blood test result today and it's still very low at 188... does anyone know if I still have hope at all?
Don't wish history to repeat itself.

didn't know why, but i just cried buckets away. Kept asking, why me...
Hi, just cry if you think crying helps to relieve some of your stress and negative thoughts. I can understand how you feel cos I went through that as well..I don't understand how come I experienced all the symptoms and yet it's a negative result. So, just give yourself more time to settle down, k?

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and will be attending the ivf briefing in Sept. The issue i face is hub's poor SA results.

Would like to know if there are similar cases and if success is high?

Thanks in advance :)

@char-mee , go ahead to cry if that makes u feel better. However your case is not conclusive yet. Be optimistic and hope for the best. Look forward to ur good news this sat.
thanks ladies... maybe it din help as DH said he couldn't take leave with me to doc visit after telling over a week in advance but he suddenly told me last nite he applied leave to play golf with his friends today. Like I'm all alone fighting this battle. When will he ever understand?
sorry for the ranting... just needed a channel to make myself feel better.

Last edited:
There is a talk held on 22 Aug:

Event: Your Fertility Journey: Planning Ahead
Time: 1.30pm to 4.30pm (Registration starts at 1.00pm)
Venue:
KKH Auditorium (Training Centre), Level 1, Women's Tower

Synopsis:
• Which fertility options are suitable for me?

• Fertility options for women 40 years and above

• Male fertility and sexuality

• Female sexuality issues

• The IVF experience

• Through the eyes of the Embryologist

• Nutrition and fertility – myths and facts

For more information, please check out http://www.kkh.com.sg/EducationAndTraining/ClassesAndForums/Pages/Home.aspx

Last edited:
thanks ladies... maybe it din help as DH said he couldn't take leave with me to doc visit after telling over a week in advance but he suddenly told me last nite he applied leave to play golf with his friends today. Like I'm all alone fighting this battle. When will he ever understand?
sorry for the ranting... just needed a channel to make myself feel better.
Hi, just go ahead and vent here, we are listening. So, u r upset partly bcos of your DH as he seems like not putting in effort like we did. Instead of accompanying you go and see doc, he choose to play golf which is a insensitive decision.
I guess it is difficult for them to understand wat we went thru bcos we are the one 'suffering' physically and emotionally. They only need to contribute their army.

Hi, just go ahead and vent here, we are listening. So, u r upset partly bcos of your DH as he seems like not putting in effort like we did. Instead of accompanying you go and see doc, he choose to play golf which is a insensitive decision.
I guess it is difficult for them to understand wat we went thru bcos we are the one 'suffering' physically and emotionally. They only need to contribute their army.
thanks for your listening ear. I know also from his point of view there's nothing else he can do when I go for scans checkups procedures...
Well, no point crying now. Just pick up and move on.

thanks for your listening ear. I know also from his point of view there's nothing else he can do when I go for scans checkups procedures...
Well, no point crying now. Just pick up and move on.
We know that there is nothing that they can do there, but we need their presence as a sign of support for us rite?

To me, I wouldn't stop myself from crying if I think I needed one. Coz to me, crying helps..:)

We know that there is nothing that they can do there, but we need their presence as a sign of support for us rite?

To me, I wouldn't stop myself from crying if I think I needed one. Coz to me, crying helps..:)
Yes, crying really helps. I'm feeling much better now, prep myself for whatever will come.

Hi everyone, I'm new here. 32 this year. Had been TTC for the past 3 years plus.

All along I have very irregular menses. (Ranges from 27 to 42 days)
But ever since I removed the polyps (plus 2 small cysts) in April 2015, my cycle has been regular (28 days) for the past 3 months.

Tried IUI in July 2015, failed, now embarking on the ivf journey in August 2015. Will be jabbing myself with menopur all the way from today till 10 Aug (total 5 days) and will see the doc on 11 Aug to check if the 'eggs' are growing well.

May I ask where are u all getting immunocol from? And when do u start taking it? Do I have to start taking egg whites now? Any other supplements or exercise that you will recommend?

(Truly tough journey )

Hi everyone, I'm new here. 32 this year. Had been TTC for the past 3 years plus.

But ever since I removed the polyps (plus 2 small cysts) in April 2015, my cycle has been regular (28 days) for the past 3 months.

Tried IUI in July 2015, failed, now embarking on the ivf journey in August 2015. Will be jabbing myself with menopur all the way from today till 10 Aug (total 5 days) and will see the doc on 11 Aug to check if the 'eggs' are growing well.

May I ask where are u all getting immunocol from? And when do u start taking it? Do I have to start taking egg whites now? Any other supplements or exercise that you will recommend?

(Truly tough journey )
Hi welcome!! It's definitely not an easy journey..but, here, all of us going thru that journey as you, so u r not alone.

I didn't really observed any special diet, but I do take 2 egg white some days.

So, which hospital you are with?

(Truly tough journey )
Babe, u can take folic acid or conceive well.
All the best!

Babe, u can take folic acid or conceive well.
All the best!

Thanks babe. Do u recommend taking taking folic acid and conceive well all the way till BT?

And one very silly question. Can I take egg whites with dark soya sauce?

Sorry if the questions has been raised before. This thread is amazingly long, have no idea where to start reading.

Hi ladies, day 14 and having some brownish discharge this morning. Sob sob... No more hope? Do I continue the insert? No hpt done so far. I dunno what to do now

Hi ladies, day 14 and having some brownish discharge this morning. Sob sob... No more hope? Do I continue the insert? No hpt done so far. I dunno what to do now
Brown discharge still got chance, maybi implantation. Please continue with e inserts n try to rest more. As long as its not red. U can try a hpt to see.

I'm with RH.
Fortunately that one embryo split and has now been vitrified.
I hope it'll endure the thawing so I can do a frozen cycle. But I don't have much hope. :-(

I think I'm switching to NUH soon under Prof PC Wong.
Hugs. It sucks to have many eggs and most cant make it after a few days. I have been through that before. Hooe yr 1 embry is e strong warrior n bfp 1!

Can I ask KKH for early BT? Scheduled for 11Aug. Is Clinic D open today?
Hi joey pls continue your insert.there is still chances of being pregnant. Because after I BFP i kept having spotting for more than 1week until now n ytd was quite heavy and i have to go kkh to do scanning at 5week 6days...glad the baby is there just that still cant detect heartbeat yet....so remember must continue insert until ur bloodtest day.

Can I ask KKH for early BT? Scheduled for 11Aug. Is Clinic D open today?
Hi joey pls continue your insert.there is still chances of being pregnant. Because after I BFP i kept having spotting for more than 1week until now n ytd was quite heavy and i have to go kkh to do scanning at 5week 6days...glad the baby is there just that still cant detect heartbeat yet....so remember must continue insert until ur bloodtest day.

Hi dear, thx for d info. I burst into crying when I saw the discharge as I really dunno what to do. Going to do hpt later, hopefully I'm gonna make it. U take care ya, thx!

Hi dear, thx for d info. I burst into crying when I saw the discharge as I really dunno what to do. Going to do hpt later, hopefully I'm gonna make it. U take care ya, thx!
kkivf is open tmr coz I'm told to go for my 3rd blood test. Give them a ring early morning to check

Ladies, I have finished upload my whole IVF journey short protocol in the FB Group "Teddy75". Those interested to see can join the Group. All the best to everyone in your journey. Good Luck!
Hello :) I've just send a request to join the group. Hopefully will have more support and info on our upcoming ivf journey :)

Thanks babe. Do u recommend taking taking folic acid and conceive well all the way till BT?

And one very silly question. Can I take egg whites with dark soya sauce?

Sorry if the questions has been raised before. This thread is amazingly long, have no idea where to start reading.

Hi babe which stage r u now? I m also w Dr loh

Well after 1 day of being very upset abt my hcg readings, managed to pick up myself. Will let Dr see me on Fri and advise what is next.
Symptoms wise still very little... a bit of sore nipples that's it.
Joey must stay positive ya. Not neccessary will have symptoms.both my BFP got not much symptoms. Only 2nd one after BFP morning sickness very bad.

Well after 1 day of being very upset abt my hcg readings, managed to pick up myself. Will let Dr see me on Fri and advise what is next.
Symptoms wise still very little... a bit of sore nipples that's it.
We have done our best, no matter what's d result like let's give ourselves thumbs up, we are being so great in this journey~ big warm hug to all ladies out there... xoxo

Joey must stay positive ya. Not neccessary will have symptoms.both my BFP got not much symptoms. Only 2nd one after BFP morning sickness very bad.
Going to try hpt, any specific time?My hubby insist to drop by KKH tmr for earlier BT, but will call 1st.

Going to try hpt, any specific time?My hubby insist to drop by KKH tmr for earlier BT, but will call 1st.
anytime is fine although first morning pee is most concentrated. You can quote your hpt results when you call. I was told BT should be between 730-830am @ kkivf.

anytime is fine although first morning pee is most concentrated. You can quote your hpt results when you call. I was told BT should be between 730-830am @ kkivf.
just tried hpt, no line at 'end window' means the test not worked. Guess I just call KKH tmr, stop thinking.

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and will be attending the ivf briefing in Sept. The issue i face is hub's poor SA results.

Would like to know if there are similar cases and if success is high?

Thanks in advance :)
Hi there! Welcome to this forum.

Many times if IVF fails, usually it's the women's egg quality or the womb issue. Seldom it's the sperm issue cos they have already chosen the best sperms to inject into the eggs. Unless he has some genetic issues which doc would have checked and advised beforehand.

So I say you have a high chance. Don't worry yourself too much. Just take folic acid and any necessary vitamins for your body. Some ladies here take TCM or do acupuncture to prepare their wombs.

For husband, some doc prescribe certain supplements to the husbands. You may want to check with your doctor. Usually it takes 3 months for the supplements to be effective.

Back