(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

I'm considering the AIA maternity one with ILP for the kid... also the same cover mother for 5k pregnancy complications and $80k for child. so premiums i think is close to $200? is this normal amount?

I did store for my #1... But actually a lot of diseases are genetic, so store the cord blood is the same DNA so will have the same genetic flaws? Haha. Maybe quite useless.

yup thats what i came to know too. so if the prob is a genetic one, then the stored cord blood will not be able to save your own kid as the cord blood will already be with the same problem .

I did store for my #1... But actually a lot of diseases are genetic, so store the cord blood is the same DNA so will have the same genetic flaws? Haha. Maybe quite useless.

yup thats what i came to know too. so if the prob is a genetic one, then the stored cord blood will not be able to save your own kid as the cord blood will already be with the same problem .
I'm considering the AIA maternity one with ILP for the kid... also the same cover mother for 5k pregnancy complications and $80k for child. so premiums i think is close to $200? is this normal amount?

just signed a plan with my agent yesterday. He's from prudential. 5k for complications for mother (9 types) and covers 17 types of congenital diseases of the baby. coverage is 100k. Once baby is out, the 100k will be transfer to the baby and will be converted to a life insurance. And because its investment linked, the premium paid every month ($100) will be viewed as your 'investment' . Once the kid reaches 20/21 years old, the pay out will be about 28k (depending on the investment rate then) . U can choose to take the money out or just leave it in. The premium amount doesnt change even as ur kid grows (cause my premium for my life policy will rise as i grow older).

He also said the hospitalization plan covers pregnancy complications , but not pregnancy-related complications. So this plan will cover what the previous plan don cover.

GE no need to have ILP. Only prud and aia need. For my planning

- get a plan from aia on 32 week to cover from 32 until baby birth for a month and cancel the plan
- get a life plan to cover baby for life
- get shield plan for medical cover

For those matérnity plan is for touch wood case where baby unable to any plan due to condition.

ps : my wife can't get GE since she convince by IVF.
Thanks ahockz for your input on GE, im meeting my agent again for discussion.

any mummies feeling sharp pain at one side waist area that lasted for few mins?? and a few times within a day ? feels better when sitting down but more pain if walking

hi where to get maternity jeans with skinny fit or other cuttings?just went to spring maternity bt find it too flare and baggy

hi where to get maternity jeans with skinny fit or other cuttings?just went to spring maternity bt find it too flare and baggy

i got my jeans and 3/4 from modern maternity ( i think thats the shop name) from United Square. The material is stretchable and comfortable to wear. my working skirt is also from the same shop. This shop has quite a variety of bottoms but i find it a bit ex.. jeans about $60-70.

btw mummies in case u were blur like me do take note to take your meds 2hrs apart. checked with kk pharmacy yest and i ve been doing it all wrong.
i take warm glass of milk with obimin n omega every night. it reduces the effect.
now must spread out the calcium carbonate, iron, obimin n omega throughout the day with 2hr gap

btw mummies in case u were blur like me do take note to take your meds 2hrs apart. checked with kk pharmacy yest and i ve been doing it all wrong.
i take warm glass of milk with obimin n omega every night. it reduces the effect.
now must spread out the calcium carbonate, iron, obimin n omega throughout the day with 2hr gap

milk will dissolve med effect so are coffee and tea.

U mean now then people realize you are preggie? that must be annoying! I realize what I wear makes a difference. If tight more obvious and people will give seat.

Hahaha ya it wasn't that obvious before, can't say I blame them. Even this time the fella hesitated, but I rubbed my belly a little and he jumped right up.

i got my jeans and 3/4 from modern maternity ( i think thats the shop name) from United Square. The material is stretchable and comfortable to wear. my working skirt is also from the same shop. This shop has quite a variety of bottoms but i find it a bit ex.. jeans about $60-70.
I got mine from q10 , about $25

is the fitting good? you still ve the link?

Not bad, my frens commented i look trendy with the jeans. 1 denim shorts cant fit out of 6 items, cos i ordered various sizes for different designs (kiasu) . I cant paste the link as using mobile now. Will do it tonight but meantine you can search for seller Baby-tree House .

Anyone of u attended or attending the childbirth education course? Did your hubby attend every session with u? My hubby work shift n hardly could attend all session with me. I am thinking what are the session that he really need to attend.

Not bad, my frens commented i look trendy with the jeans. 1 denim shorts cant fit out of 6 items, cos i ordered various sizes for different designs (kiasu) . I cant paste the link as using mobile now. Will do it tonight but meantine you can search for seller Baby-tree House .

ok will check thnx!

Happy holidays to all. Have to stay put in sg coz of pregnancy. Going to walk around the museums and go see sand sculpture at sentosa. Tomorrow packing my room so that we will have more space for my girl in future. Plan to do it before my tummy become bigger too. The buses are quite empty today. I guess everyone gone overseas. Lol

serious? in been eating 3 pills together each morning after milk. prenatal multi vits, calcium and dha..
so need to spread out with 2 hr gap..

serious? in been eating 3 pills together each morning after milk. prenatal multi vits, calcium and dha..
so need to spread out with 2 hr gap..

I also ate all my supplements together but I will take 5 mins after breakfast. So far so good n my girl is absorbing them.

I also ate all my supplements together but I will take 5 mins after breakfast. So far so good n my girl is absorbing them.

i think wat the pharmacist said was obimin n dha cn take together. bt shld spread the rest out. i asked because everytime i get a new med they tell me not to take with other medication. as for milk/coffee/tea..she said its because sm medications are absorbed by these drinks n passed out.so reduces effect.

i dont think its harmful la..bt i jus follow now.same reasoning as when gp says to take med before or after food

This is my 2nd preggie... i in my 19 weeks now but i havnt given dha yet. May i kw this vit starts? Nw i eat calcium n iron only. And morn i eat calcium with water on empty stomach... n nite before sleep i eat iron pill.

This is my 2nd preggie... i in my 19 weeks now but i havnt given dha yet. May i kw this vit starts? Nw i eat calcium n iron only. And morn i eat calcium with water on empty stomach... n nite before sleep i eat iron pill.
Been taking dha since 8weeks but quite expensive the medication I feel..

i think wat the pharmacist said was obimin n dha cn take together. bt shld spread the rest out. i asked because everytime i get a new med they tell me not to take with other medication. as for milk/coffee/tea..she said its because sm medications are absorbed by these drinks n passed out.so reduces effect.

i dont think its harmful la..bt i jus follow now.same reasoning as when gp says to take med before or after food

Have u check with your gynae? Heard my colleague's wife giving birth so excited for him. Everyone asking me if my girl will be a Christmas baby. I just answer depends. I will just let nature take its course n not think too much. This is from my first miscarriage experience. The more u think, the more stress u r n is not healthy n good for u n the baby.

me too... :D I took all together for #1, now currently also still taking all together in the morning after breakfast. haha..

How to find out whether u absorb e supplements or not? This is my 2nd pregnancy n I still dunno can't tk all e supplements tgt haha!!

Have u check with your gynae? Heard my colleague's wife giving birth so excited for him. Everyone asking me if my girl will be a Christmas baby. I just answer depends. I will just let nature take its course n not think too much. This is from my first miscarriage experience. The more u think, the more stress u r n is not healthy n good for u n the baby.

Yap. That what I told my wife. She keep worry weight loss, kick, pain, sleep, still there? etc.

I ask her don't worry too much as it put on stress which may not be good for bb too.

Also until now we did not buy anything yet.
She now also worry if bb no cloth to wear, no milk to drink, no bed to sleep, no this and that.

any mummies feeling sharp pain at one side waist area that lasted for few mins?? and a few times within a day ? feels better when sitting down but more pain if walking

I felt the same thing last week. It's womb expanding. I had to sit down to rest for a long time, and had to sit in the right posture. Any other posture will be more uncomfortable.

Completed my detailed scan today. Everything is normal and within range. She moves quite a bit but has been a good girl. :):)Signed up the First Baby Incentive from TCM and also Gynea package for next week checkup till I give birth. So happy and I can enjoy my NDP holiday now.

I can slowly plan for list of baby stuff to buy. Going to get prudential insurance for myself and bb.

For those that have went for yr detailed scan, any idea if hubby n mother-in-law is allow to accompany the pregnant mum? Or is it restricted to only 1 person?

Depending on the size of the room. The ultrasound room is quite small at TMC. Only one chair for husband, the other person got to stand if allowed in.

Back