History of Bad Maids

pearlyn79

Hi all

Do you know if there is any website that will post the details of those bad maids?
I am going to engage 1 Indon maid, so would like to find out if she is one of those.
I have chosen 2. Based on their employment history, she has worked in Singapore ten years ago and another 1 just completed her 2 years contract last year.

Thanks

MayBw can ask them for theIR ex employer number.. u call and talk to get feedback... there is a thread on Bad Maids in this forum.. u can check see if her name was mention.. I came across like early this yr.. but maimly pinoy..

I m still going round in circles for my second replacement... seem like fresh maid v v dfficult find good ones and mostly can't speak ENG.. I HV been looking for almost a mth.... sigh...

thanks, i have managed to get 1 ex-Sin. Interviewed her and her eng not so bad.
I did not consider fresh ones cos their eng really CMI.

It's very hard to blacklist a bad maid. I have tried, useless. Bad (meaning evil, not lousy in housework) maid is now with new employer.
The laws protect the maids, and they all know to run to HOME should they have problems with employers.
Maids should have penalty for not completing contracts, like in some other countries. You can only blacklist a maid if she commits a serious crime, mine stole items of little value from me, sorry no case.

U can feedback to mom on 'bad maids'. Eg didnt complete contracts, even if u felt she had told u lies on why she need to go back after 1 yr with ur. It will be in her record. N for the next employer to decide if they wan to find out abt the feedback, then ur email or contact will be release for next employer to get in contact. So to proceed n employ her after finding out the feedback will be up to them.

I had an ex-maid long time ago who had countless boyfriends, stole my clothes and I even had a video of her pushing my 9 mth old baby to the floor with hands on her neck, like strangling action. We have video evidence. Basically works 2 hours a day and sleep or on phone whole day while I am at work and entrusted her with my kids as I had no other alternatives. Finally we decided to let her go as she was getting too uncontrollable as Bangladeshi workers were meeting her at my front door. We sent her back first and thereafter felt that its important to notify MOM of the issues in case she comes back and gives another family headache. Unfortunately MOM say they cannot blacklist her. I felt so helpless thinking, oh dear, an accident may one day happen, if she can mishandle my baby, one day another baby will get it. MOM says many employers try to blacklist but it's unfair to the maid as they are not able to defend themselves so they cannot blacklist her. I offered to make a police report and show evidence of the video but was told it will not be helpful as it is not a case strong enough to blacklist her. I did make a police report to be safe, in case she comes back and create trouble as she is not trustworthy and may give me trouble. Police says nothing much can do since she is not in Singapore but if she ever return and I want to pursue, I can try to go to them again, but it seems very difficult. I have had a few maids and so far had 3 very good ones and 2 maids who are not worth employing. More trouble than help...became an additional "kid" for me to take care. Even had to cook and serve this maid. Headache. So it's really not easy no blacklist. MOM usually don't entertain.

My helper's friend who recently was sent back by her employer was blacklisted. She had tried to come back to singapore to work but the agency she engaged had told her she was barred from entering singapore for work for 5 years. So I think it's possible to blacklist a maid

how can I blacklist? the agency actually sent her to another family! I don't know how to at least make a report about this maid who lies every single day.. big or small issue also lie. and injure my two very young kids a lot. I have pictures as evidence. any way I can at least document for them to let new employers see but still decide for themselves whether to hire or not?

Any reliable maid agencies/agent to recommend? My maid is intending to go home and I am looking for her replacement. Went to a few agencies and find that many don't really QC. Often they sound like pushy sales man trying to clinch a deal by overselling the maid profiles.

Any reliable maid agencies/agent to recommend? My maid is intending to go home and I am looking for her replacement. Went to a few agencies and find that many don't really QC. Often they sound like pushy sales man trying to clinch a deal by overselling the maid profiles.

You can try my agent, i find she's very good. If the maid good she will say good if not she will tell you what the maid lack of and we need to teach them. If you need the contact pm me.

Any mummies has experience with hiring a lesbian maid? I've interviewed one and she seems quite decent and hard working. Should I be concerned? Would appreciate if anyone has ever worked with one and share their experience.

how can I blacklist? the agency actually sent her to another family! I don't know how to at least make a report about this maid who lies every single day.. big or small issue also lie. and injure my two very young kids a lot. I have pictures as evidence. any way I can at least document for them to let new employers see but still decide for themselves whether to hire or not?

This is how I blacklist my maid eventhough she did not steal or commit any crimes.

Make police report. Give police report and a long letter (with details) to MOM and MP in my district. The minute MOM sees the name of the MP, they will take it seriously and act on it. Otherwise, many MOM officers are just sleeping on the job. I even went to MOM personally to deliver the letter and police report. I wrote my "protest" emails to MOM officers, cc to the top bosses.

That's how to get them to ban the maid. If you do not give them enough evidence, they really cannot ban the maids because HOME will criticise MOM. I think HOME has some backing of some political people who always criticize our govt.

Last edited:
i used to have an Indonesia maid few years ago she now married.and about 30 years old.
she was a transfer maid and i think the agency lied that she was fresh maid but when she came here she couldnt cook dont know how to do housework and was not patient to kids even she acted innocent but still she was lazy and sleep till 9 or more in morning and sleep early . so beginning i tolerate her bo chap attitude and even renew her contract ...
But things start getting worst when she came back from indonesia , she start using her hp regularly and even take selfies of herself in toilet and leave my child alone when i was at work...terrible and when i tell her off she show black face and things turn nasty ...she cook food and leave it burnt , add many chilli to my instant noodle and cause me gastric purposely already few times out of spite... also whenever i reprimand her over something she will rudely argue back and shouting sometimes when i raise my voice to show she is not afraid how bold and arrogant.Never have i seen a maid like her acting all high and mighty and even use her hp to message regurlarly even during working hours...even i tell her off she ignore me i has no choice but to keep her phone untill her break time or at night when she sneekily spemd hours in toilet just to talk to her friends and and to take a selfie and next day coz of this she always cant wake up early and affect the way she work...floor she just anyhow sweep .. and many dust left over and even break many things like my cup , saucepan etc but we did not punish her . Also sometimes she will just take break and sit down and rest anytime she like even without finishing her work that is so bad and i was payinh her wages like crazy and there she was acting like a princess and show me rude and nasty attitude ...each time i give her orders she will always mess up the orders include food i instruct her to buy and never bother to ask when she is unsure and wasted my money as she bought wrong things from the supermarket ...so terrible bad attitude of this ikeu ...also each time i ask her to buy sonething like macdonald thats near our house she will take round an hr plus to come back ...its like taking the time to meet her friends instead so i tell her off but there no inprovement...she was close to 30 of age but did not think sensibly .sometimes i scolded her coz she did not do the housework propely and neglect my child.once i even see bruise on my child hands i think she abuse it too much...when u confront her she deny it blurntly and even ask one of my family who was not on good terms with me to sides her stupid and bad act.. she was too cunning...many times i was nice to her before give her treats dinner brought her out and trusted her but now she was too over and even my family was disapointed with her but we give her too many chances to stay 4 years here and she show no inprovement. i also think she steal many sanitary pads of mine as i remember only giving her little she a thief .sometimes my cupboard also seem to be unlock even i was back fr work.i inform her agent and they try to consoul her but guess they give up as she too cunning to change her side of story and blame us for bullying her instead ...such a rude and rebellious maid...i bet she was transfer maid coz previously she did something bad at her work place even her agency covered.Her agency was a money eating agency only care for profits.One day i checked her phone and found that she was soliciting in fb and so many guys malay or blangadash photos was found in her hp.wonder what is she doing...it seem real bad and my friend advise me to send her back incase she did more harmful things.she was also a great liar and will act innocent so careful of her. i also found a paper drawn in her bag with our family cartoon and seem like a curse for us to obey her.it too scary . Also we fight many times and when i shout at her she will threaten me with an evil smile as if i cant outwit her.finally i send her back and peace so better avoid such maid for your own safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nowadays employer become very difficult as The Maid does not behave or do what they should do. The employer sometimes have to endure The Maid , scared they will mistreat their kids, or being lazy and add something bad into the food while they cook。

it become more and more difficult especially for a family like me. We are double income Low income group with 2 kids. We hire a maid who is lazy and like to steal money, we have been giving her chance but we still Endure her Cz we are afraid of her mistreating our kids. And we can't afford to change another maid which could easily cost us few thousand dollars.

MOM has came out with many rules to protect maids. But what about employers like us, a Low income employers like us. We need maid not because we wanted a good life: it's because of our kids.

It makes the maids become so arrogant and openly criticise our house is small, how nice is other condo, etc. And always threaten us want to go home whenever we pointed out her mistake.

I really feel frustrated with maids. I have the record of her stealing money but I didn't report her Cz she Beg me, plus I don't have money to pay for the agency anymore.

Recently she is threatening us she want to go back again. This time round we decided to let her go. And borrow personal loan to pay the agency fee and the upfront payment.

Life is not easy..

What happens to maid who is in HOME and claims she has issues with employer? After issue resolved (either satisfactory or unsatisfactory), but employer dont want her back. Is it true HOME gives maids taking shelter there a daily money allowance? If she wants to go home, who pays 4 her tix?

Nowadays employer become very difficult as The Maid does not behave or do what they should do. The employer sometimes have to endure The Maid , scared they will mistreat their kids, or being lazy and add something bad into the food while they cook。

it become more and more difficult especially for a family like me. We are double income Low income group with 2 kids. We hire a maid who is lazy and like to steal money, we have been giving her chance but we still Endure her Cz we are afraid of her mistreating our kids. And we can't afford to change another maid which could easily cost us few thousand dollars.

MOM has came out with many rules to protect maids. But what about employers like us, a Low income employers like us. We need maid not because we wanted a good life: it's because of our kids.

It makes the maids become so arrogant and openly criticise our house is small, how nice is other condo, etc. And always threaten us want to go home whenever we pointed out her mistake.

I really feel frustrated with maids. I have the record of her stealing money but I didn't report her Cz she Beg me, plus I don't have money to pay for the agency anymore.

Recently she is threatening us she want to go back again. This time round we decided to let her go. And borrow personal loan to pay the agency fee and the upfront payment.

Life is not easy..

I feel u. Life is not easy..

I've gone thro many horrible maids previously. My hubby says it's like they exchange 10-year series before they come & create havoc in our lives if things don't suit them.

These helpers will bring big bags out, find ways to escape checking & bring stuff back claiming their sisters, cousins, aunties gave them (when I see new shoes & bags every other weeks).

They'll break your plates, etc & if u tell them to be careful or not be careless, they'll say if we're not happy transfer them out or send them home. They know MOM rules protect them a lot. They don't hv to pay their own air ticket home even if they deliberately burn your clothes, spoil your clothes after wash, etc. They know we cannot abuse them. They'll use all tricks.

It's frustrating enough for me, but I learnt to be decisive & also not to pass my problems to others. I never keep maids whom I cannot trust, even if they'll with me less than one week if found dishonest, stealing or lying. They'll plead for me to send them to Batam not home. I never do that bcoz it's so cheap & easy for them to return & wreck ano family.

I keep good helpers & it's my responsibility to make them feel st home w/o making them same level as myself as an eyer. I don't spoil the mkt with higher pay, but share their concerns (buy appropriate books to send to their kids, explain what food & cooking style affects our health & hygiene, give them perspective to help their decision-making if their husband ask for 2nd wife, aunty keep asking for money, etc).

We only give a bonus at the end of contract (when we hired salary may change within year & our way to commensurate her worth) & give her her due of home leave. Over the many years, one of our helpers renewed 3 contracts before her parents health require her return. Our Mynmar helpers are younger & we keep them fr idle learning sewing, hair-cutting, English fr Community Centres. Small cost for us to divert their attention comparing only salary with others.

But when we encounter helpers whom we spot stealing, lying, dishonest or disobedient spirit, we send them off straight-away. One was sent 4-days after with our family, not her fault but we discovered her previous madam may hv found hubby "amorous" with her & transferred her away to us & she was all the time in daze. Started bcoz I found a bright red swimming suit in luggage & it disturbed my mind & she just cldnt do anything right tho I can tell she had understood my instructions & done correctly sometimes. Finally, I had to ask & she told me & I tried sending her back to agency but they denied even tho she said it happened. But agency simply tells me to transfer her if I don't like her. I brot her to make her police report & after her case, I sent her home with ex-gratia to help alleviate her family needs.

One pino girl stole my husband's new box of brief & my gift of Ferragamo necktie & she claimed she didn't put those in her luggage. We kept quiet, book her ticket for 1am, got MIL to watch my kids, got her up to pack & told her tickets bought sent straight to airport.

Ano Indo survived 3 mths with us but whole time I didn't hv peace w/out knowing where my inkling comes from. Just the way she always steal a look whenever she's cooking, cleaning, etc. Then her ex-eyer got in touch to say they made police report as she stole thousands after her hubby's last bz trip. I agreed to inspector into my home interrogate her, but she was very sly so no concrete evidence but apparently she's alr got a case file. I spoke to inspector before they came, and I know if can't arrest her, I still hv to let her work with me. I'm decisive & don't want unease hanging over my daily life with young kids, so before inspector arrived at appointed time, I bought her air-tic to Kalimantan to fly off 3 hours after being searched. She said too far, she "prefers" Batam. I told her my legal responsibility is to send her back & she's STILL under investigation & not to come back & prey on Singapore families. She never dare come back.

Most maid agencies are there to maximize profits. Whenever they've a chance, they'll quickly transfer & earn fr the helpers & new eyers ano round of commissions. One of my helpers was enticed to change job, oferring to find her a $100 jump in salary even tho she's happy with us. She was there only to help keep a frd company looking for new eyer when her contract completes. I don't rely on agencies anymore.

Do everything to protect your family. Money is nothing if something happens. Helpers only want to do anything that benefits themselves.

Hi

I am able to send my maid back to her country. Do we really need send her to the airport and watch her check in? Once check in, whatever they do got nothing to do with us?

If i were to pass her $ then tell go airport herself, and she goes missing.. What am I liable for?

Many thanks!!

If u see her thro the immigration gantry, u're safe fr all liabilities once I've cancelled her WP & she passes thro immigration. Maid is in immigration hands.

Don't be tempted to give her $ and ask her to go airport on her own coz if she didn't leave the country & went missing, you're still responsible for all health, medical & life.... Your bond & if she commits a crime, you're exposed to risks. Not only cannot hire ano maid, but gotta continue paying levy... Usually ppl make police report immediately. Just buy airtic & send 2 hours before flight. Check-in and it probably take 3 hours of yr time, compared to possibly months of unresolved investigations!

Go to MOM website, it says repatriation is eyer's responsibility.

Hi All, just wanted to warn anyone who’s looking for a helper about this agency called Ideal Biz and worst experience ever! They will oversell their supposedly trained maids and the maids are also trained to answer questions like whether they can cook or handle babies with an enthusiastic ‘Yes’ - (they have a training ‘centre’ in Batam) and somehow or other - when they come to your place, they then claim I don’t know how to cook anything, don’t know how to handle a child and the child cries too much. Had the unfortunate experience of hiring some helpers through them till I gave up.

My personal feel is some agencies are unscrupulous. They helped to cover up the maids bad history in order to transfer her to another employers and make a fee from every transfer.

Hi all

Do you know if there is any website that will post the details of those bad maids?
I am going to engage 1 Indon maid, so would like to find out if she is one of those.
I have chosen 2. Based on their employment history, she has worked in Singapore ten years ago and another 1 just completed her 2 years contract last year.

Thanks

i used a maid called Tina from gumtree who impersoanted she is from agency and she is not .Do anyone know about her

Just my thoughts, with increasing connectivity and technological advances back in their hometown and also in Singapore.

Maids now are in a better position to exchange information and share "tips" like how we are sharing this forum.

Please exercise caution and security when publicising their photo and information as these maids might be "back in circulation" in Singapore and knows your address and family routine. Moreover, if publishing info gets out of control, MOM and agencies might take action to clamp down this practices especially if they felt the rights of the maids have not been respected.

In general, work attitude and non-moral issues are just their personal character. We should be more vigilant on those that are dishonest, dangerous or even those with criminal intent.

I have a series of bad maids and most of them are part of a larger network operating in Singapore and exchanging over social media platforms including Whatsapp. Don't forget this crosses international boundaries and they would have excess to people with technical knowledge back home.

What i have discovered:
1. Sharing tips on how to steal money (e.g. older people usually leave cash in wardrobe, children pocket money in drawers)

2. how to defeat CCTVs that you have installed by overriding your router, tripping your ELCB (electrical panel),

3. organising parties when either employers are out of town, sharing food items from their employers.

4. sneaking out during work hours to getaway, under the guise of picking up children from school but leaving very early.

5. exchanging pharmaceutical drugs information to see if employer's medications can give them "highs"

6. sharing "legal rights" tips to insists that they have right to keep their passports (which they do), and other legal matters.
For indonesian maids, some insist on their passports so that they are able to sneak to Batam/Bintan for side business, etc.

7. Sharing "storage space" at each other's home so that they are able to keep stolen items and/or leave a bag of their personal items in friend's place so as to be able to "flee" if things go awry.

8. Maintain a network of maids going home and coming schedule so that they can bring back some "dubiously acquired" items and at the same time get items from home that are otherwise not easy to obtain in Singapore (e..g birth control pills and other medication)

Other than lodging a complain to MOM, which may not work. You can provide a reference to future employers who are considering the same maid that you have employed.

Can be found here: http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-pe...foreign-domestic-worker/notify-mom-of-changes

Refer to the section on "Provide a reference for your FDW"

Also, for those who need help with the EA directory, you guys can view this best maid agency guide to learn how it works. A few agencies are recommended based on the search filters.

Addictive to mobile phone will get all ways to use phone even agreement is no phone.
Lazy, pick of food.
Always say she not feeling well.
Will sleep on the afternoon when we all not at home. Without finishing her chores.
Never do cleaning well.
Iron clothes cannot make it too.
Can’t cook.
Can’t look after baby.
Steal cigarette and hide inside toilet to smoke.
Open my bag and find the phone to use.
Likes to selfie.
Wear my clothes.
Sit on my bed.

Hi mummies
Pls take note of this Indonesian helper. She left my baby in the bedroom and ran away. We have filed police report and feedback to mom as well

We hired her tru agency for house cleaning and dinner cooking only. Both of us are working full time. So she worked at home independently. Last month, my child was fever and not able to enter the childcare centre. I brought him home and asked her look after my 25mo. She was not happy and left him alone in the bedroom. My mother was sleeping at room and she couldn’t find the helper Ard 1pm. In fact she was ego and not listening to order due to her experience as self claimed that she is an experienced helper so she don’t like ppl teach her how to work and follow instructions. She always black faces and talk back to us when we wants her to follow our way. She even served detergent water to my kids and we got proof of pictures and cctv to show how bad is her attitude. She has own room and washroom so she only work till 9pm and go back to room. She didnt come out from room even my kids cried and vomit. We tot of giving her second chance when she give detergent water to my kids but end up she gave us trouble. You may pm me if u want to know more.

I would like to feedback regarding this domestic worker that I had during the covid season. I hire her as she seems calm and looks gentle on her appearance. However, it was quite a mistake to decide based on the statement she gave and her appearance. We have interviewed her and had everything lay out regarding where she will sleep etc. and these was also written on her contract.
To my surprise, she was quite a princess when she came; she does her things very slow and was very persistent of doing the things in her own pace and ways- her stubbornness was extreme. As it was covid & also we thought it was normal for someone new. We tolerated her and continue to patiently train her and even reduce a lot of our expectations towards her due to her very slow pace of work and even her extreme stubbornness. I have to do a lot of things by myself.
She was a person full of grievance, right after 1 month- she wrote a long list of complaints to the agency- saying about she is very tired, she cannot finish her work, she dint sleep well etc, We actually told her to wake up at 630am and sleep at 1030pm in the evening. She would drag her work late, especially when she has her phone- she will purposely drag her work and talk on phone till midnight. We tolerated that and make a lot of adjustment for her and was extremely nice to her as we realised she has some mental issues over some time. We bought her a radio for her to use so that she could listen to music to boost her up, we allow her to fold and iron clothes and watch TV, we gave her a chair for her to sit during ironing, I cleared a room for her to sleep and even bought her a new thicker mattress and pillows so that she could sleep more comfortably, we bought her new clothes, shoes and even had a virtual birthday celebrations with her family for her. We even had monetary & gifts for her during Christmas and other celebrations/occasions, we even purchase extra share for her even if we buy supper. However, she was still doesn’t seems satisfied and she continue her grievances.
During the bad time of COVID and she was new; I told her if she can try to rest at home / in the room as we had a young kid and an elderly at home which we do not want to pose the danger to. Some days she rested, some days she says she wants to go nearby to run errands; I trusted her, to my horror she was posting a lot of photos on her FB (she did not know I had her FB) of her meeting up with friends and cousin and went all over Singapore! When I confronted her, she gave us a very bad attitude and even argue with us why we could still let my elderly go hospital, cut hair and she can’t! My dad goes for doctor appointment at hospital and its unavoidable and he cut his hair at a nearby salon. I was in surprise she returns me a very bad and harsh attitude. I forgive her and as usual, it was due to the extra cost of COVID and expose risk, we tolerate!!!
Thereafter, she started to purposely slag on her work by stop wiping the rooms; stop doing much ironing and folding of clothes and slowly she stags them up to my entire storeroom. I must plead her to do them before she is willing to. Everything works fine for the next few months and we decide to do some stuffs ourselves etc and try not to bother her.
We receive a call that she and her family make a false accusation towards us saying that she is in poor working condition and that we did not pay her etc. to her embassy. I called the agent and we all have to talk to her to ask her what is going on? I even told the agent, please feel free to come down my place and investigate. Thereafter she was supposed to write a letter stating that that was a false accusation, making her way down to embassy etc to make clear of things. I was at the verge of making a report of her making false accusation on us, really. She even pretends to go into a panic attack when we were checking out what was that she is unhappy about, we had to call an ambulance to send her to hospital and pick her an hour later while the doctor say she was perfectly alright and just gave her some painkillers.
We still offer to give her a chance whether she wants to continue, she decided to go back. We let her as we feel that it was the biggest mistake to have her and we have really tolerated enough of her nonsense, it was really disappointing for me as we are really nice to her but yet she was so ungrateful and unappreciative.
Having her is as good as having a bomb at home, unsure of what she is up to next. She is a person full of grievance and definitely someone who is not suitable as a helper at home; she gave more troubles than help. Definitely a good pretender. She wasn’t good care taker for children and elderly too.

I would like to feedback a maid from hell who come to sg to cheat on old man money. My uncle is 74 years old married old man. He seem to be under her spell, always sending money to her no matter how bad the relationship between him and his kids had turned out to be now. She is back in Philippines at the moment, trying to find a new owner to hire her back to sg. Be cautious.

Last edited:
I had an experience of a bad maid last year. As it was covid..and there are no other transfer maids available. And shes the only one who finished her contract at the time i need. At first, the agent put good words for her..say she can cook and how she can handle strict employer. So we decided to take her. Thinking she will be ok with kids since she took care of 4 kids previously. So we took her. She told me that her previous employer snatched her hp while shes on video call with her daughter..and me as a mom pitied her. Gave her the time with hp..not even 1 year passed, her work got worse..i still gave second chance to her. By telling her she needs to buck up. But nope..shes always on tiktok and also doing tiktok even while working. She ignored my children. Theres one time, she shouted at my son and pushed at my son, even after the incident i still gave her chance. She say negative things to my children saying "i will smack u" "i want u to get lost" She slept from 1pm to 5pm. Not supervising the children while me and hubby at work. Once again told her nicely, still no improvement. She became worst after we stayed with my sister in law, coz we sold our house and the new house is not ready yet. She lied down most of the times ignoring the children.
She even told my daughter im very bad. Even i told her in advance that i dont need her service anymore.shes being so demanding saying she wants to go to another agent instead of the agent i took her from. Her name is Kartini G****991K. Her upkeeping is also bad. Long nails and long hair. Shes very messy. Eats in the room. Multiple times told her not to. But never heed the advise. I gave her the free time to contact her children only not doing others. I saw her tiktok and alot of tiktoks she does.. im quite surprise with how she does her work.
Anyone come across by her name..becareful. take her at your own risk.

Back