(2015/12) Dec 2015 Mummies

@Faith&Hope0902 same here. But im doing my detailed scan this wed. Was just complaining to my hubby and colleagues that i'm not getting anything from my gal. so on last sat night she decided to show me some 'colors' :confused: continuously for few mins she moved non stop. im also having aches on lower abs and back .

Lol. You gal wants you to start shopping for her stuff already.... Protesting to you. All the best for your scan on Wed.

I also said the same thing to my hubby that we will wait till the detailed scan, and start buying things for my gal.... Lol! My girl only protest to me when I am hungry or when my bladder is full... She will start punching me.... lol...

View attachment 560263 anyone know brand of this irony capsule? My Gynae likes to remove all original packaging and I really want to know how much I am having everyday. Thanks in advance.

How come your packaging like that? Thought usually doc will paste a prescription instruction in front and put in the name of the supplement? Mine comes with the boxes and packaging.

How come your packaging like that? Thought usually doc will paste a prescription instruction in front and put in the name of the supplement? Mine comes with the boxes and packaging.
I want box, he didn't give, only a name of ironyl. He always did this way, very annoying, actually we all understand clinic medicine will be more expensive and since I take the medicine with him means I accept for the price gap, really don't understand what is the point of this.

Not sure if I asked this before. Anyone feel tummy stretching tightly when walking and when you sit down and muscles relax, it comes a mild cramp in the tummy which will last for a while?

Hey mummies,

I gotten some creams and tummy cream from the pharmacy from Thomson Medical. The staff said that the products are safe for pregnancy use. So I guess you can check out the pharmacy at the

Mine is a girl and she has been kicking and punching since week 21. Lately her movements are a lot more.... Morning, later afternoon and evening will feel her kicks and punches, whenever my bladder is full, she will kick too! Lol.... Like you, I am doing my detailed scan on 22nd week. this Sat. Hopefully she is growing well and strong.

Just last weekend, my tummy is expanding and stretching, I can feel the strain and mild cramps on my lower abs and my back start to feel sore even when I am sitting down on sofa. No position is comfortable for me. I just my tummy is expanding to accommodate and give my girl more space. Lol.

All the best. ☺ i was so worried. Thankfully all is cleared and normal. My boy is now 522g. The sonographer said my boy is very active. My hubby and i was thinking that we heard that comment every scan.

I told my gynae that i kept craving and eating sugary foods. And seriously worried about GD. So in 3 weeks time i will need to do a glucose test. My weight gain is horrifying. gained almost 5kg.... sian...

View attachment 560263 anyone know brand of this irony capsule? My Gynae likes to remove all original packaging and I really want to know how much I am having everyday. Thanks in advance.

Your iron pills look so unique. But somehow i feel any meds or supplements should be transparent in their presciption. The name should be clearly labelled. More professional i think. I am taking Obimin.

My wife currently is 2 days short of 19weeks. Have not been feeling any kicks from the baby yet. Will be doing detail scan this 25th of the month, hopefully everything is fine, a bit worrying cos seems like not much changes to the tummy as in like not growing bigger.

I was barely showing until now (am week 19 today), but throughout the weekend I was experiencing mild cramps and that expanding/stretching achy feeling, and now suddenly there is an obvious bump haha. Sudden growth spurt. Can't wait for detailed scan in 2 weeks.

ImageUploadedByForum1438614367.164175.jpg

Your iron pills look so unique. But somehow i feel any meds or supplements should be transparent in their presciption. The name should be clearly labelled. More professional i think. I am taking Obimin.
That is one of the point I don't like too.

It's not two different plan. One is for me n my girl now till delivery, in case got complication( touch wood), the other is free from GE.

GE as in great eastern right??? why are they giving you free insurance ?? You're an existing client? The one im gonna get from prudential is also like your plan. Covers me now till my gal is out, then will be transfer to my gal's name

My wife currently is 2 days short of 19weeks. Have not been feeling any kicks from the baby yet. Will be doing detail scan this 25th of the month, hopefully everything is fine, a bit worrying cos seems like not much changes to the tummy as in like not growing bigger.

as long as doc say everything is ok the no worries. I also didnt feel anything until about 18-19 weeks. now in my 20th week. and my tummy also suddenly became obvious

Hi Mummies,

I am feeling super moody again today. My hubby is overseas this week for business trip and I feel very lonely without him around. This morning's rain adds to my moodiness again. Woke up early and prepared for work, my mum constant nagging (I moved back to my mum's place cause hubby is not around), breakfast that is not appetizing to me, took 1hr to call for a cab to reach office and car sickness in the cab. Sorry to vent. I think above is just small small issues. But not sure why I am feeling so moody and depressed for no reason. Help! I need to do something to get rid of this negative feeling. :(:(:(:(

Hi Mummies,

I am feeling super moody again today. My hubby is overseas this week for business trip and I feel very lonely without him around. This morning's rain adds to my moodiness again. Woke up early and prepared for work, my mum constant nagging (I moved back to my mum's place cause hubby is not around), breakfast that is not appetizing to me, took 1hr to call for a cab to reach office and car sickness in the cab. Sorry to vent. I think above is just small small issues. But not sure why I am feeling so moody and depressed for no reason. Help! I need to do something to get rid of this negative feeling. :(:(:(:(

cheer up !! there will be days where we'll feel moody for no reason and nothing seems to be interesting to you. talk to your gal and hope when she responds to you it'll make you happier ;);) . Or do what Erica has suggested. Looking at baby clothings and accessories will make you happy !! cause everything looks so cute :D:D:D

Hi Mummies,

and most importantly is we're all here to listen and chat with you !!! :D:D:D and we all understand exactly how you feel

Any mummies buy insurance for your baby yet??
I got mine from AIA. Coverage is 5K for first 3 years. Yearly premium is 3000. First year additional 360 to cover baby and mummy from week 20 till deliver and also 18 type of complication. It also serve as a study plan for baby in future with at age 20, can cash out about 70K.

Last edited:
GE as in great eastern right??? why are they giving you free insurance ?? You're an existing client? The one im gonna get from prudential is also like your plan. Covers me now till my gal is out, then will be transfer to my gal's name

I'm going to get from AIA, similar, cover me till my baby out then will transfer to baby..

Hi, anyone start looking for stroller? What are the price like? I saw a one that can fold to very small carry on plane but only and 160 degree tilt, and another is cannot fold very small but handle an be both way and can be for new born. Price less than $200. Any advice? My first time... Thanks a lot

Hi All, I talked to my insurance agent and was advised that maternity insurance is not worth buying because if u have medical/hospitalization, u shd alr be covered for complication, The payout given is 5k, and the drawback of this maternity insurance is that u have to buy investment linked product from the insurance company which is still subject to volatility of market (no guaranteed amount so u may end up incur loss instead of getting a payout). I'm also still confused if I shd get one or not. I'm not covered under my medical insurance cos I only got it a few months back (u need to have ur policy in place for 10mths before u get pregnant). Does anybody have the same issue?

Hi All, I talked to my insurance agent and was advised that maternity insurance is not worth buying because if u have medical/hospitalization, u shd alr be covered for complication, The payout given is 5k, and the drawback of this maternity insurance is that u have to buy investment linked product from the insurance company which is still subject to volatility of market (no guaranteed amount so u may end up incur loss instead of getting a payout). I'm also still confused if I shd get one or not. I'm not covered under my medical insurance cos I only got it a few months back (u need to have ur policy in place for 10mths before u get pregnant). Does anybody have the same issue?
GE no need to have ILP. Only prud and aia need. For my planning

- get a plan from aia on 32 week to cover from 32 until baby birth for a month and cancel the plan
- get a life plan to cover baby for life
- get shield plan for medical cover

For those matérnity plan is for touch wood case where baby unable to any plan due to condition.

ps : my wife can't get GE since she convince by IVF.

It's just free for first year. And I got the maternity plan from OCBC which is with conjunction to Great Eastern.

The OCBC maternity plan:
http://www.ocbc.com/personal-banking/insurance/maternity.html

The Great Eastern plan:
http://m.todayonline.com/singapore/sg50-babies-receive-free-insurance-one-year-great-eastern

Hi Mummies,

cheer up is a super long weekend. you left only 2 more working day... or 16hrs? see which you prefer to count as

I got mine from AIA. Coverage is 5K for first 3 years. Yearly premium is 3000. First year additional 360 to cover baby and mummy from week 20 till deliver and also 18 type of complication. It also serve as a study plan for baby in future with at age 20, can cash out about 70K.

For computation based on $3k yearly saving. You only earn 2% compile interest to reach $70k.

$ 3,000.00 Interest 2%
Year Earn Final Sum
1 $ 3,000.00 $ 45.00 $ 3,045.00
2 $ 6,045.00 $ 90.68 $ 6,135.68
3 $ 9,135.68 $ 137.04 $ 9,272.71
4 $ 12,272.71 $ 184.09 $ 12,456.80
5 $ 15,456.80 $ 231.85 $ 15,688.65
6 $ 18,688.65 $ 280.33 $ 18,968.98
7 $ 21,968.98 $ 329.53 $ 22,298.52
8 $ 25,298.52 $ 379.48 $ 25,678.00
9 $ 28,678.00 $ 430.17 $ 29,108.17
10 $ 32,108.17 $ 481.62 $ 32,589.79
11 $ 35,589.79 $ 533.85 $ 36,123.63
12 $ 39,123.63 $ 586.85 $ 39,710.49
13 $ 42,710.49 $ 640.66 $ 43,351.15
14 $ 46,351.15 $ 695.27 $ 47,046.41
15 $ 50,046.41 $ 750.70 $ 50,797.11
16 $ 53,797.11 $ 806.96 $ 54,604.07
17 $ 57,604.07 $ 864.06 $ 58,468.13
18 $ 61,468.13 $ 922.02 $ 62,390.15
19 $ 65,390.15 $ 980.85 $ 66,371.00
20 $ 69,371.00 $ 1,040.57 $ 70,411.57

Hi, anyone start looking for stroller? What are the price like? I saw a one that can fold to very small carry on plane but only and 160 degree tilt, and another is cannot fold very small but handle an be both way and can be for new born. Price less than $200. Any advice? My first time... Thanks a lot

got any picture to show? I also start to scout for items . . . .

Am i know anyone got stored cord-blood? Been to all 3 seminars, cordlife, stemcord and cryoviva all tell me it is impt to store for future usage.

I am already covered for certain pregnancy conditions under my existing hospitalizations plan with ge but I choose to get additional coverage from the ge maternity insurance cause it covers slightly more complications plus the child for things like hmfd until 2-3years. Also now cause sg50 they have like free medical insurance for the child for the first year foc and stuff. So like quite worth it. Or maybe I am just kiasu hehehe

For computation based on $3k yearly saving. You only earn 2% compile interest to reach $70k.

$ 3,000.00 Interest 2%
Year Earn Final Sum
1 $ 3,000.00 $ 45.00 $ 3,045.00
2 $ 6,045.00 $ 90.68 $ 6,135.68
3 $ 9,135.68 $ 137.04 $ 9,272.71
4 $ 12,272.71 $ 184.09 $ 12,456.80
5 $ 15,456.80 $ 231.85 $ 15,688.65
6 $ 18,688.65 $ 280.33 $ 18,968.98
7 $ 21,968.98 $ 329.53 $ 22,298.52
8 $ 25,298.52 $ 379.48 $ 25,678.00
9 $ 28,678.00 $ 430.17 $ 29,108.17
10 $ 32,108.17 $ 481.62 $ 32,589.79
11 $ 35,589.79 $ 533.85 $ 36,123.63
12 $ 39,123.63 $ 586.85 $ 39,710.49
13 $ 42,710.49 $ 640.66 $ 43,351.15
14 $ 46,351.15 $ 695.27 $ 47,046.41
15 $ 50,046.41 $ 750.70 $ 50,797.11
16 $ 53,797.11 $ 806.96 $ 54,604.07
17 $ 57,604.07 $ 864.06 $ 58,468.13
18 $ 61,468.13 $ 922.02 $ 62,390.15
19 $ 65,390.15 $ 980.85 $ 66,371.00
20 $ 69,371.00 $ 1,040.57 $ 70,411.57
Thanks for your calculation. I guess 2% still ok as the interest as still better then the bank. What I more interested is insurance and medical coverage for the child

not sure if hospitalization plan covers pregnancy complications. Cause when i had my cyst removal op in May (already pregnant then) , my agent said the lab report and my gyane's letter cannot indicate that the cyst is due to pregnancy complications, else the plan will not cover.

Am i know anyone got stored cord-blood? Been to all 3 seminars, cordlife, stemcord and cryoviva all tell me it is impt to store for future usage.
I am planning to store cord blood for my baby, and seems cordlife is a quite big firm, maybe I will choose it.

Hubby and myself decided to donate it... cos a lot of reading tells us that not many times one will need the cord blood... as it can only help in very few situations... so our thinking is... it will be wasted if we store and keep it, ended up not using at all... plus will waste$$... must well use it for other babies/people who need it more than us now... at least we know it is used to save someone and not there waiting to save someone...

I am already covered for certain pregnancy conditions under my existing hospitalizations plan with ge but I choose to get additional coverage from the ge maternity insurance cause it covers slightly more complications plus the child for things like hmfd until 2-3years. Also now cause sg50 they have like free medical insurance for the child for the first year foc and stuff. So like quite worth it. Or maybe I am just kiasu hehehe

I got it from OCBC and also sign up for the GE one. Coz my first one resulted in miscarriage.

Hubby and myself decided to donate it... cos a lot of reading tells us that not many times one will need the cord blood... as it can only help in very few situations... so our thinking is... it will be wasted if we store and keep it, ended up not using at all... plus will waste$$... must well use it for other babies/people who need it more than us now... at least we know it is used to save someone and not there waiting to save someone...

Agree. A lot of my cousin also says just donate it. Coz if u keep, need to pay to keep it and u don't really know when u will get to use it.

Agree. A lot of my cousin also says just donate it. Coz if u keep, need to pay to keep it and u don't really know when u will get to use it.

I did store for my #1... But actually a lot of diseases are genetic, so store the cord blood is the same DNA so will have the same genetic flaws? Haha. Maybe quite useless.

Back