Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Oh my gosh..... gotten repeated posts now.

Deleted a few but still there. :oops:

Pai seh pai seh....
(Nothing wrong with your eyes; it's a glitch.)

Yah, thread is so 静悄悄的。

I got logged out a few days back.

A week more for my TWW.... 闷到蘑菇都长满了。:eek::confused:o_O

How's everyone?
Mushrooms!!! Fast fast will be over :)

I'm just waiting to see prof next week..and cram my schedule w more workouts and runs lol

Mushrooms!!! Fast fast will be over :)

I'm just waiting to see prof next week..and cram my schedule w more workouts and runs lol
I miss running too. When I started preparing for IVF, I exercise regularly too - to bring my BMI down.

Can't go for morning walk in the park these few mornings due to rainy weather. Mushrooms almost full bloom liao!:oops:

姐妹们

Quick check....

Have you experience any side effects from the post-OR antibiotics?

I started the antibiotics since last Mon night (27 Jul) and finished the last tablet yest morning; but had morning /noon tummy runs for the past few days (since Sat).

I nvr had such before; and I didn't do anything different to my usual diets.

发生什么事了? o_O:confused:

姐妹们

Quick check....

I started the antibiotics since last Mon night (27 Jul) and finished the last tablet yest morning; but had morning /noon tummy runs for the past few days (since Sat).

U need to eat probiotics. Antibiotics can easily cause diarhea if u don't eat probiotics

姐妹们

Quick check....

I was told tt the antibiotics may cause tummy runs if ur stomach is the sensitive type...

Was told not to take fresh dairy pdts if it happens so as not to worsen it..

The tummy runs shld subside since u hav completed the course...if it din, better call up chr to check..im not sure is it advisable to take carbon pill to stop the runs since u r in 2ww...ask the experts will b better...drink lotsa water to rehydrate urself

U need to eat probiotics. Antibiotics can easily cause diarhea if u don't eat probiotics
I was told tt the antibiotics may cause tummy runs if ur stomach is the sensitive type...

Was told not to take fresh dairy pdts if it happens so as not to worsen it..

The tummy runs shld subside since u hav completed the course...if it din, better call up chr to check..im not sure is it advisable to take carbon pill to stop the runs since u r in 2ww...ask the experts will b better...drink lotsa water to rehydrate urself

Huh? I was not told of probiotics nor dairy products.... Or I was too engrossed with sandwich munching that missy's advice became 耳边风。 :(:oops:o_O

I dun have tummy runs during my first cycle though.

I will monitor closely and hope it subside by tmr as I move into my 2nd week as 皇太后。

Thanks, 姐妹们。:)

Huh? I was not told of probiotics nor dairy products.... Or I was too engrossed with sandwich munching that missy's advice became 耳边风。 :(:oops:o_O

I will monitor closely and hope it subside by tmr as I move into my 2nd week as 皇太后。

Jia you!!

Mine is 2 days after you, 14 August..

Do u observed any special diet now?
Nothing exceptional from pre-OR days.

Fatty fish meals at least twice weekly and daily after-meal fruits like apples, kiwis, avocados and strawberries.

I also take chicken essence on alternate days and red dates longan tea daily.

Very 皇太后 lifestyle... :D:p

Let's continue to stay positive and 加油!

Nothing exceptional from pre-OR days.

Fatty fish meals at least twice weekly and daily after-meal fruits like apples, kiwis, avocados and strawberries.

I also take chicken essence on alternate days and red dates longan tea daily.

Very 皇太后 lifestyle... :D:p

Let's continue to stay positive and 加油!
Hmm.. I don't like to take fruits leh..

But will try to take chicken essence.

They won't tell u one la. They will just say some pple get side effects but is normal. I eat probiotics in general when I take antibiotics Cuz I have sensitive stomach

姐妹们, can check with u all - is 5mg+800mcg of folic acid too much for people like me who will be starting the ivf journey this month?

姐妹们, can check with u all - is 5mg+800mcg of folic acid too much for people like me who will be starting the ivf journey this month?
@cherylng, am on folic acid (5mg daily) too as prescribed by doctor when I embarked on family planning last year.

I ever asked Dr Chew if I need more supplements besides the 5mg folic acid. He told me it's optimum liao - too much will be an overkill.

Hope this info is useful. :)

Had slight constipation when on duphaston just before injections.. Progesterone relaxes the muscles so that explains the bloating and the gas build up

Then during the antibiotics time had runny stools on and off

@cherylng, am on folic acid (5mg daily) too as prescribed by doctor when I embarked on family planning last year.

I ever asked Dr Chew if I need more supplements besides the 5mg folic acid. He told me it's optimum liao - too much will be an overkill.

My 5mg folic acid is also prescribed by Dr. Then just bought the 'a tab daily' pre-natal supplement. So realised there's 800mcg in each tab. Wondering is it too much folic acid lor. Maybe I just skip the folic acid that Dr prescribed...

Tks for sharing! Im alr taking supplements n was jus prescribed 5mg of folic acid. Think I hav to stop either one...got this feeling of overdosage n Im dying from "intoxication"...:p

I was told when signing papers...not after ER...
There's a short briefing n ssigning of papers before ER mah...

I was told when signing papers...not after ER...
There's a short briefing n ssigning of papers before ER mah...
Ya lor.... I read the advice again then I realised. I thought it's the other way - constipation. :oops:

Today tummy still gu-lu gu-lu like cement mixer; though toilet trips not as frequent.

Hopefully things get better each day. Else, jiak liao bee.:(

Positive, positive!!!

Take care too, 姐妹们!
(@happybb2015 and @lucasmum11 - hope you are coping well.)

My medicine include NorE, Elonva, Orgalutran, Menopur, and the trigger jab (can't remember what it call). Ya, agreed that it is very xiong but my reserve is damn low or super low so need higher dose. Heartaching but luckily got the gov-co funding and the rest by medisave at the moment. Next Monday is my appointment with Prof. I actually asked CHR to try to arrange me to see prof soon and was glad that they managed to squeeze me in. My friend told me usually it take long to have a review with the doctor after failed cycle. Have you call the clinic to book appointment with Prof yet?

My Dream, I think my protocol is similar to yours. The Orgalutran they gave me are single jab needles, each cost $80.25. Menopur is multi dose. I still can't believe such a small vial of Menopur (600 IU) cost $428, even though I'm aware the meds are a big part of the total cost of IVF!

I see that there are different protocols. Was told by nurse to follow short protocol. just wondering within short protocol, the medication will all be different also?

erm.. if I understand correctly, the 皇太后 is after ET? so during that period, it is best to bed rest?

I see that there are different protocols. Was told by nurse to follow short protocol. just wondering within short protocol, the medication will all be different also?

erm.. if I understand correctly, the 皇太后 is after ET? so during that period, it is best to bed rest?
Haha, yes, is after ET, then u can enjoy 皇太后 lifestyle. For me, I didn't do bed rest all day lah..I don't know the rest.

Haha.. then if after ER don't have any embryo, can go back to work already is it?

Haha, yes, is after ET, then u can enjoy 皇太后 lifestyle. For me, I didn't do bed rest all day lah..I don't know the rest.
I gathered courage and asked Prof if I can fly out and rest at my parents' place for the two weeks he's giving HL.
He looked very stern! Although he only said he prefers me to stay in town I get the hint...hahaha ....there goes my 2 weeks of pampering plan...

I gathered courage and asked Prof if I can fly out and rest at my parents' place for the two weeks he's giving HL.
He looked very stern! Although he only said he prefers me to stay in town I get the hint...hahaha ....there goes my 2 weeks of pampering plan...
Wahaha, u are very courageous to ask him such question..so when is your tww?

Prof said don't bed rest.. Not a patient..

HL is so that we can rest and not be bugged by work

Prof said don't bed rest.. Not a patient..

HL is so that we can rest and not be bugged by work

Back