(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Lol, ya not corner, is the 2 ends! Hehe. The food there is good for the price, imo.
Dessert choice not much, and i also feel the time abit too short. :( like go 5 rounds den they start clearing n preparing for dinner...or maybe cos i ate too slow. Emmmmmm.

Yea its german chocolate lactaction cookies. It really tatses like sugee. Melt in your mouth kind. But rmb nt to take too much at one go cos abit heaty. Haha.

Yah i didnt get to talk much to mummies who sat at the far end. Next time we should explore other high tea. Haha bt im gg back to work in 2.5 weeks time ):

Help~!! How to get a place for my BB in IFC?! I am so tired to bring baby everywhere. BB is growing bigger and heavier, carry bb makes my arm and back pain leh. I called two nanny (got their numbers from this forum) but they didn't pick up the phone and didn't return my call. So strange, they pm me their contact number but don't answer the phone.

I have registered 5 IFCs, but non of them called me back, I went down to all IFC @ Punggol, they told me waiting list 50+, :(

Can any mummy teach me how to enroll in IFC? Any IFC @ Punggol/ Sengkang/hougang/Bugis/bras basah/bishan/ang mo kio...??

Help~!! How to get a place for my BB in IFC?! I am so tired to bring baby everywhere. BB is growing bigger and heavier, carry bb makes my arm and back pain leh. I called two nanny (got their numbers from this forum) but they didn't pick up the phone and didn't return my call. So strange, they pm me their contact number but don't answer the phone.

I have registered 5 IFCs, but non of them called me back, I went down to all IFC @ Punggol, they told me waiting list 50+, :(

Can any mummy teach me how to enroll in IFC? Any IFC @ Punggol/ Sengkang/hougang/Bugis/bras basah/bishan/ang mo kio...??
O dear... Try get help from MP? My colis MP told her to look for him if need help to enroll for childcare center. So it may help? Esp now can smell GE coming, they may work harder at ur request. :p

Yea its german chocolate lactaction cookies. It really tatses like sugee. Melt in your mouth kind. But rmb nt to take too much at one go cos abit heaty. Haha.

Yah i didnt get to talk much to mummies who sat at the far end. Next time we should explore other high tea. Haha bt im gg back to work in 2.5 weeks time ):
Next gathering? I'm on leave from 6-17 Aug. Can arrange one gathering during this period? Keke... :p

Have you tried https://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/ccls/home/ChdCccSrch.jsp?

My LO goes to an ifc at Siglap...we confirmed with the school when I passed my 1st tri. Perhaps you can try calling up the school first before making a trip down with your LO ya...

Did u try safra toa payoh ifc? Mb u can try, cos during my 3rd tri i know they have space...

Ifc is indeed not easy to get. Worst case scenario will u consider nanny?

My colleague staying in punggol also gave up trying for ifc / cc in the area. He went to a private school (Small Wonders) at serangoon north area. He register his son 1.5yrs ago, till date no vacancy, n his boy is coming 2 this oct... Maybe u dont mind the trvalling distance can also consider.
My kids school is v v v v v ulu in tpy, so i didnt have to wait long for a slot. (But i enrol in CC @18mths)

Sit down meal?or ala carte buffet? Haha if high tea need up and down a bit troublesome.
But if buffet too much like quite scary anot?

@furbee, i thought u start work after national holiday?

hmmmm....envy with you all. I wanna join, but see if I can take leave again or not. Too much outstanding work waiting for me .... but i am so lazy to work now. zzzZZZ

Thinking to go for a good massage with hubby on national day holidays. Any spa center provide normal body massage and also post natal massage so that both of us can enjoy? Thank you!

My colleague staying in punggol also gave up trying for ifc / cc in the area. He went to a private school (Small Wonders) at serangoon north area. He register his son 1.5yrs ago, till date no vacancy, n his boy is coming 2 this oct... Maybe u dont mind the trvalling distance can also consider.
My kids school is v v v v v ulu in tpy, so i didnt have to wait long for a slot. (But i enrol in CC @18mths)

@furbee, I stayed at toa payoh also. May I know which cc u enrol ur kid @18 mths?

It was nice meeting up with the other mummies yday. Agree that the seating arrangement is not so good. Hard to interact.

Thinking to go for a good massage with hubby on national day holidays. Any spa center provide normal body massage and also post natal massage so that both of us can enjoy? Thank you!
Hubby and I frequent babies bellies since my pregnancy days for pre natal. Then i also went back for normal javanese massage at the novena square branch. $60 per hour. Cheaper if u take up package bt even if u dont, they dont hardsell, which is sth i appreciate. Haha. Bt must book in advance wor. We also dying yo go for massage again!!

Hubby and I frequent babies bellies since my pregnancy days for pre natal. Then i also went back for normal javanese massage at the novena square branch. $60 per hour. Cheaper if u take up package bt even if u dont, they dont hardsell, which is sth i appreciate. Haha. Bt must book in advance wor. We also dying yo go for massage again!!

The price looks reasonable. I just called them but they are too busy right now to take my appointment. Anyway, not sure if post natal massage helpful for me as already 3 mths post delivery. Haha.. thank you for the recommendation!

Marche... Gd!

I start work 18, but thur gg to holiday till tuesay. Tat y only wednesday 13aug onward free.

I go bukit batok ultimate spa.. :) love the outdoor setting hehe.

@gleaflim yeah ^5!
My kid is at deerland Blk 199.

Ya ned register early for slot. Some parent during pregnancy register for punggol seng kang area CC/IFC

Marche... Gd!

I start work 18, but thur gg to holiday till tuesay. Tat y only wednesday 13aug onward free.

I go bukit batok ultimate spa.. :) love the outdoor setting hehe.

@gleaflim yeah ^5!
My kid is at deerland Blk 199.

Ya ned register early for slot. Some parent during pregnancy register for punggol seng kang area CC/IFC

I like Marche too!
Enjoy your holiday...

Hi MTB, is Hougang Ave 1 far for u? If no, do u wanna try My first skool at Blk 170? Has vacancy and my son got in almost immediately. Still hv 5 vacancies or more as now only 5 infants including my boy. My boy going to start on 17 Aug. Go to their website to register for IFC at hougang ave 1, blk 170

Last edited:
Next gathering? I'm on leave from 6-17 Aug. Can arrange one gathering during this period? Keke... :p
Me too.. didn't realized there's a gathering as been busy for past few weeks. Hubby was hospitalized, so didn't follow up in here. Heeeee

Me too.. didn't realized there's a gathering as been busy for past few weeks. Hubby was hospitalized, so didn't follow up in here. Heeeee

Oh my, what happened to ur hub? Hope he is discharged n doing well now.. Take gd care wor.. U must b drained..

Will baby get low grade fever after every jab or only certain jabs? Today baby went for 2nd dose hep B. I find her a little warm to touch but she behaves fine, drink and sleep as norm. A bit worried...

Hi MTB, is Hougang Ave 1 far for u? If no, do u wanna try My first skool at Blk 170? Has vacancy and my son got in almost immediately. Still hv 5 vacancies or more as now only 5 infants including my boy. My boy going to start on 17 Aug. Go to their website to register for IFC at hougang ave 1, blk 170
Great! I will go down to register tomorrow! Thank you!

Will baby get low grade fever after every jab or only certain jabs? Today baby went for 2nd dose hep B. I find her a little warm to touch but she behaves fine, drink and sleep as norm. A bit worried...
Not all babies will have fever. Mine just had the jab on Monday. Fever for 2days so far, recovering i think. Abit cranky for 2 days. Take care!

Great! I will go down to register tomorrow! Thank you!
Lol babe.. u gotta register online first.. if can, register online today den follow up with a call to confirm if they received your registration. Call them up so they don't sit on your registration.. don't mean they will be but be safe. guess should hv vacancy but better be quick, unless there's also other babies born in June and July who already reserved. If successful, your bb and mine will be crawling mates..Wahahaha..keep me update if all goes well so we can say hi.. Heeee

Last edited:
Think most will hv fever after certain jabs. Don't worry.. just monitor and sponge if necessary. Try to be in airy room and not too cold especially raining these few days

Oh my, what happened to ur hub? Hope he is discharged n doing well now.. Take gd care wor.. U must b drained..
Yeah Furbee..thanks for your well wishes and he's doing fine now and discharged. He had a mild heart attack and he did the stent procedure. Supposed to discharged after 2 days but he kept having fever for a week. All happened too fast and I almost couldn't visit him cos nobody look after bb. Luckily my MIL come rotate shift so I can go visit him. Heeee

Last edited:
I think my boy has blocked nose. He had difficulty to latch on a long time. He will suck pull and let go, take a breather and continue the above. I think cos his "gold" in nose is blocking his oxygen intake. Lol.. but I dun dare to clear them cos kind deep in.

Hep B doesnt cause fever. But the puemoccocal & mmr have chance for fever (3rd mth vaccination & optional rotavirus). So far 1week my lo took no fever, so count my blessing..since tmr gg travel.. My end up he duno had reflux or wat.puke 2x at 6am..
Anyway, jus take bb temp every 3hour in case (armpit thermometer if u have, as long below 37.5 is alright), n check wet diapers etc etc.

@jjmom good tat ur hub is doing fine.. But watch diet wor..
Mayb u can buy the bb nasal spray? Mine i jus dig out or push in deeper if cant remove lol.

@jjmom Oh dear, hope ur hubby is doing well now. Must be quite a scare!

@furbee enjoy ur vacation! Where r u going? Whole family going along? With 3 kids??

Im fine with Marche! Can bring my helper along heehee…

For those using ear thermometers like me, temp above 37.8deg then considered fever. N even if got fever, if bb is active, i.e drinking and playing well, then everything is still ok so dun worry too much :)

Ya agree we must also take care of ourselves.. went with my mum to ttsh 2 days back and doc says she got osteoarthritis, must have been due to working too hard to bring us up last time.. felt so guilty and felt also the selflessness of a mum/parent.. and told myself I must take care of myself so that I can take care of my kids and they don't have to worry abt me in future.. so let's start off by eating well (Marche here we come!) Haha!

Back