Supporting group for our special needs children ASD (autism)

kymt1982

Mommies who are in the same boat as me having autistic child are aware how painful this route can be. Why out of so many ppl but my child? This question is definitely familiar to all mommies. Let's share and not be alone anymore

Last edited:

I stay north east but would definitely like to let befriends with each other... maybe i can hold a small party at a chalet and let them play there? And I will prepare gfcf food for the kids..

Hi uzi

Same here... My son's diagnosis is suspected autism due to his young age so they refuse to label him just yet... The last 3 mths had been such a rough ride!

It's a heart wrenching and breaking ordeal... And I long to connect with him so much.

I spend my waking moments trying to do floortime and Aba with him on my own and engaging him in a smaller room helps in eye contact a lot too! Hope keeps me going ...

Mummies, I understand from friends that they are using essential oils to help with their children's ASD and Autism. Check out One Drop Group in Facebook. Many testimonials from mummies.
I can help add u in the group if you are keen. Hope this helps. God Bless...

Hi mommies, my son recently diagnosed ASD too he is 2yrs 10mths. I have been sending him for OT for few mths. But the speech therapy haven't started. He is weak in copying & pretend play. Sometimes no eye contact. Do not mix around with kids around his age. Only like to mix around with adults & older kids.

Hi kyson2595, you may be keen to find out more about 'pre-verbal skills'. There are many information on Google. Pre-verbal skills such as engagement, attention, turn-turning, cause-and-effect, motor and speech imitation, are very important for speech development. Does your son have any words yet?

Hi,
I did not see this thread until today. I'm also a 2011 mum. I used to teach in a special school and I know how difficult it is caring for a child with ASD. Should you need any assistance, just PM me. I'll can try to give some suggestions based on my past experiences.

Back