Baby and smartphones, tablets

romashka_tgn

Hi!
My little baby so much loves playing games at my tablet, it's ok- when he playing I have time for myself. But now I have reached a problem of time control. He usually doesn't wants to stop playing when I say and when I do this - he always starts to cry, getting nervous etc. What do you usually do in the situations like this ?

I keep my smart phone n tablets out of my girl sight so she wont think of playing it daily. only 2-3 times per wk at most
partially it's my mistake - I allow too much. But if I want to habituate my baby to play certain time in a day what should I do actually? I don't want to disappoint my child.

You can try lessen the duration bit by bit. And when it's time to stop playing the gadgets, keep it and try to distract his/her attention with some other things. Prolly the first few days/weeks will be quite tough. But you have to be firm and let your child know that its time to keep the gadget.

Yes that e way i used on my kid. Told her can watch 2 short utube videos. She will ask me is her choice ok b4 warching. I will be at her side so when its end she need to switch off herself n cant lose temper else next time cant watch

You can try lessen the duration bit by bit. And when it's time to stop playing the gadgets, keep it and try to distract his/her attention with some other things. Prolly the first few days/weeks will be quite tough. But you have to be firm and let your child know that its time to keep the gadget.
have you use any applications to limit the duration? Or you just say to stop playing?

I'll say stop playing and ask my LO to give me the gadgets. Initially he refused to give me and showing tantrums. So I used finger puppets or anything that he's attracted to, to divert his attention. And I'll also get papers and crayons, get him to sit with me and teach him alphabets and numbers etc. And I realised that if I gave him my full attention, he can actually not use the tablet for the whole day.

I'll say stop playing and ask my LO to give me the gadgets. Initially he refused to give me and showing tantrums. So I used finger puppets or anything that he's attracted to, to divert his attention. And I'll also get papers and crayons, get him to sit with me and teach him alphabets and numbers etc. And I realised that if I gave him my full attention, he can actually not use the tablet for the whole day.

yep... unfortunately it's so hard to pay the attention all day long... I thought about a "parental control" applications or something like this. Have you used it ?

Yeah. It's quite hard to give them our 100% attention for the whole day unless there's a helper at home. Hmm, you mean on the device itself?

Yeah. It's quite hard to give them our 100% attention for the whole day unless there's a helper at home. Hmm, you mean on the device itself?

Add on : Okay, I think I know what you're talking about. I didn't know there's a application like this until you mentioned it. But it seems to be not a bad application, you might want to give it a try. Heh.

Hmm, you mean on the device itself?
Okay, I think I know what you're talking about. I didn't know there's a application like this until you mentioned it. But it seems to be not a bad application, you might want to give it a try. Heh.
I' ve heard about them. Need to explore I think.
So I used finger puppets or anything that he's attracted to, to divert his attention. And I'll also get papers and crayons, get him to sit with me and teach him alphabets and numbers etc
There is a main thing - to fing something attractive for him

I installed the app call 'Kid Mode' on android tablet. There's videos and games within the app. U have to enter year of birth to enter the parental dashboard but in fact any year that's above 18 years old can unlock the app. My 3 yr old will ask her 8 yr old sister to unlock for her! Even if I set password to lock youtube, she will ask the sister to unlock for her. But now I will just tell her to stop and she will stop playing the tablet.

In the past I will just give her a half charged tablet so she will only be able to play for 1 hr until the tablet shuts down and I will tell her 'no battery, cannot play anymore'.

Actually, our kids just want us to play with them. As long as I engage with my girls with activities and I accompany her throughout, she will be happy that she forget the existence of smartphones. It only when she lonely then she think of smartphone

Just try our best to accompany them in their early lives and I believe this will foster a stronger and closer relationship such that when they grow into teenage or adulthood, they will still talk with us.

I installed the app call 'Kid Mode' on android tablet. There's videos and games within the app. U have to enter year of birth to enter the parental dashboard but in fact any year that's above 18 years old can unlock the app. My 3 yr old will ask her 8 yr old sister to unlock for her! Even if I set password to lock youtube, she will ask the sister to unlock for her. But now I will just tell her to stop and she will stop playing the tablet.
Such a tricky kids :)
Anyway I will install this app, maybe it's will be good for me. Thank You!

I've found an interesting application for time limiting for children, it allows to set timer and after it ends a telephone "says" that he needs to have a rest and so on. Now I just need to set timer for 1 hour and give my tablet to my kid. When the time ends he comes to me and starts crying as usual but after I explain him that device needs to have a rest he really starts to believe in this and it becomes easier to switch his attention on something else. It's amazing
tango_face_grin.png

I have Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 so I downloaded this application from Play Market. Keywords for searching is: "Child's Time Control"

I used to face this problem.. It was so addictive to my 2.5 years old son till he would cried, yelled and kicked until he gets iPad. So I decided to keep the iPad away from him. I hide it and I told him I dunnoe where it is.. For the first few times he will fuss about it but I kept telling him it's gone.. After a while he don't ask for it. I also try not to use my hp in front of him. I distract him with toys and story books instead but of course I do give him some gadgets time though but he know when to stop kind

I used to face this problem.. It was so addictive to my 2.5 years old son till he would cried, yelled and kicked until he gets iPad. So I decided to keep the iPad away from him. I hide it and I told him I dunnoe where it is.. For the first few times he will fuss about it but I kept telling him it's gone.. After a while he don't ask for it. I also try not to use my hp in front of him. I distract him with toys and story books instead but of course I do give him some gadgets time though but he know when to stop kind
It is quite good decision. We all should be a little bit stronger in this case. It takes more patience when you forbid your own child.

Back