IVF/ICSI Support Group

Just did my beta test today n my hcg level is 156. I'm quite worried as it reminds me of my past mc which hcg abt this low too.

Any ladies here went on well even with low hcg?

Char-mee, yr beta test is how many days from ER? If still early.. it will double up every 72 hrs.. did the hospital ask u go bk to test again?

Char-mee, yr beta test is how many days from ER? If still early.. it will double up every 72 hrs.. did the hospital ask u go bk to test again?
mine was fet w d3 transfer on 18th. Today is considered 16dp3dt. Am going back Wed morning again. Nurse says below 250 mark so am concerned...

Hi jas249, do u manage to buy conceive well? Went to watsons n guardian but all out of stock..
Hi wondersss, i din manage too...i onli tried guardian...they r selling 2nd box at 50% off...but i was told that stock wl b in this wk...u can try mayb wed..

Btw, how r u now?

mine was fet w d3 transfer on 18th. Today is considered 16dp3dt. Am going back Wed morning again. Nurse says below 250 mark so am concerned...
Char Mee,

Am worried for you too! Pray hard for your HCG to increase on Wednesday, you must continue your inserts and keep talking to your embies ya.

Just did my beta test today n my hcg level is 156. I'm quite worried as it reminds me of my past mc which hcg abt this low too.

I have seen many ladies suceed n go on to deliver a healthy baby even when Hcg is not up to kkh mark. As long as it is doubling every 48 hr it should be fine.

hi char-mee, maybe u want to consult tcm?? i heard due to a lower hormones after all the injection weaning might affect. u try see if tcm could help u.
may all be ok!!

Hi jas249, i just did a mini confinement for 2 weeks n today is first day bk to work..my boss n colleague r quite concern.. treat me for bday lunch today cos my birthday is this coming wed and 1 colleague bought some essence for me.. feel so comfort but try not to cry la although still abit touchy

Hi jas249, i just did a mini confinement for 2 weeks n today is first day bk to work..my boss n colleague r quite concern.. treat me for bday lunch today cos my birthday is this coming wed and 1 colleague bought some essence for me.. feel so comfort but try not to cry la although still abit touchy
Wow, u got such a lovely colleagues.

Hi, I am letting go of Conceive Well Gold from blackmores which I bought recently. Only took one dose, had to stop cos started taking Tcm twice a day on top of my gynae's prescription twice a day.. Swallowing too many tablets a day, so stopping this. Can pm me if interested.

Hi ladies need some advise on implantation bleeding. When does it usually occurs if there is? Today is my 12dp2dt and had cramp in the morning till after lunch it stop n when I pee n wipe there is a faint pink colour blood but no blood present in the pee. Abit confuse now.

Char mee glad it's bfp but numbers low. Cud mean late implanter. Keep positive thoughts. Suggest you visit tcm to help sustain the pregnancy. Just an opinion.

Hi ladies need some advise on implantation bleeding. When does it usually occurs if there is? Today is my 12dp2dt and had cramp in the morning till after lunch it stop n when I pee n wipe there is a faint pink colour blood but no blood present in the pee. Abit confuse now.
Babe, did you try testing HPT?

hi char-mee, maybe u want to consult tcm?? i heard due to a lower hormones after all the injection weaning might affect. u try see if tcm could help u.
may all be ok!!
din have injections this time round but am seeing tcm tmr. i still keep my hopes up..

Hi wondersss, glad to hear that u r doing fine now...tiao ur body n come back strong for ur nxt cycle...jia you jia you!!!

Happy Birthday in advance!!! So nice to hv lovely colleagues..:)

Happy birthday wondersss!!! let's all jiayous together...

My first visit to tsb today. She was ok....the conversation went fine on my history till she came to knw that I wanted to do FET this mth and her mood tone all changed. She said she needs patient to be with her for 4 mths before she cud do anything to help. No express service. Then came her assistant to sound me. Haha. In the midst dr loh called her and they started chatting about the many success stories as a pair and doing research together on the ivf success as a pair. Would be great I think. Benefit all sisters. I left collecting 4 bags of herbs to brew and drink till af reports. She told me after af till tww she won't give me anything as she don't knw my body. If preggy she told me to visit her. So its a fair game. Hope it will be a win win for us

My first visit to tsb today. She was ok....the conversation went fine on my history till she came to knw that I wanted to do FET this mth and her mood tone all changed. She said she needs patient to be with her for 4 mths before she cud do anything to help. No express service. Then came her assistant to sound me. Haha. In the midst dr loh called her and they started chatting about the many success stories as a pair and doing research together on the ivf success as a pair. Would be great I think. Benefit all sisters. I left collecting 4 bags of herbs to brew and drink till af reports. She told me after af till tww she won't give me anything as she don't knw my body. If preggy she told me to visit her. So its a fair game. Hope it will be a win win for us
The herbs is to drink during AF?? How to take her herbs? Is it a daily take? I Also want to see her. Haven't make appt yet...

Did u try using FMU to test? I agree with Char Mee- can ask for early blood test.
Yes tested this morn also -ve but this recent nights have been waking up frequent to pee. As this is my first IVF so not sure on my chances with the current symptoms. Any success cases with late bfp?

The herbs is to drink during AF?? How to take her herbs? Is it a daily take? I Also want to see her. Haven't make appt yet...
Tsf the herbs is 2 days take 2 days off like tat. Af time no herbs. U better see her early hor else sure kenna scold haha

Sharing, usually to visit Chinese Physician, best do 6 months before or least 3 months. If last minute kind also okay but the effect not that great.
Actually, all very much depends on your body, diet and mental health. Should go with the flow.
My 1st IVF, I did nothing and I got 5 follicles retrieved with 2 embryos fertilized; Grade 3 and 4 (Grade 5 the best in KKH).
In my review, Dr says reason for my embryos being flashed -off maybe due to progesterone in the body too high or chromosome issue in view of me and hubby old age (I am 39 turning 40 this Sep, hubby 45.)
Will be starting my 2nd IVF at end 3rd week Aug. I started taking Chinese Herbs at 3rd week Jul when I finished my AF.
Let's see any difference to the result of follicles. This time round, I have stopped doing my daily exercise.

Shall awaits to observe how many body will reacts.

Tsf the herbs is 2 days take 2 days off like tat. Af time no herbs. U better see her early hor else sure kenna scold haha
My prev tcm is take from after AF all the way to before next AF. See or no see tcm doesn't matter much to me. Every cycle I also see, but Ivf result same...

Hi Ladies,

Trying to pick myself up soon..Ytd i keep think and think that i should have been more careful when i have constant cramps on off at my middle of the lower abodemen. i should have gone to the A&E or another gynae to check why there are cramps.

I have check with some of the ladies and most of them say that having cramps is normal. Or issit i cant recgonise the wht kind of cramps shld i be afraid of..? I think until i cry in my sleep ytd night. If i have been more careful...

Hi Ladies,

Trying to pick myself up soon..Ytd i keep think and think that i should have been more careful when i have constant cramps on off at my middle of the lower abodemen. i should have gone to the A&E or another gynae to check why there are cramps.

I have check with some of the ladies and most of them say that having cramps is normal. Or issit i cant recgonise the wht kind of cramps shld i be afraid of..? I think until i cry in my sleep ytd night. If i have been more careful...
My dear wonderss. Please don't blame yourself. Chemical preg or mc is almost always caused by chromosome abnormalities in embryos which u do not have any control over. It is not due to whether u shud have done anything or not do anything with cramps. Cramping that is mild is very normal in early pregnancy. Even the healthy pregnancies.

What u shd do now is take a break, go for massage, eat something nice.. do whatever that relaxes u or bring u joy. Spend time with ur loved ones. Go on holiday. U are stronger than u think u are dear, take care.

Hey there!
*NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE*
I'm sometimes skeptical when I hear abt "high success rate doctors/sinsehs". However I don't deny that some drs are really more experienced.
My logic is that they will naturally have more patients & therefore (mathematically) we will hear more patients succeed.
There are also many ladies out there who succeed with "less famous" drs (as well as failed with "famous" ones)
What's impt is that we place our complete trust in the dr that we are seeing & we are comfy with him/her :)
Believe that every dr will want patient to succeed & will try his/her best to help u :)
It's my 1st IVF and including Dr Matthew Lau (2nd doc). Just curious in case anyone had any experience with specific doctors. Since the procedure is time and $ consuming :(
No punts intended!

Hi Ladies,

Yes cramp is normal during pregnancy and early miscarriage are due to chromosome abnormal of embryos. It is nature way of removing the unhealthy fetus. There is nothing you can do to stop or prevent it. There are many articles on miscarriages and you will understand once you read it. So don't blame yourself. It is better to be gone now then to experience mid term termination of pregnancy. That is even more painful.

Yes cramp is normal during pregnancy and early miscarriage are due to chromosome abnormal of embryos. It is nature way of removing the unhealthy fetus. There is nothing you can do to stop or prevent it. There are many articles on miscarriages and you will understand once you read it. So don't blame yourself. It is better to be gone now then to experience mid term termination of pregnancy. That is even more painful.
Or worse for baby born with abnormalities not previously detected

Thanx everyone for the advice... I told my boss tat I'm goin for ivf .. Coz I need her to be understanding tat I need to come down to sgh for every checkup... But I did inform her yet tat I will get 2wks HL after my ivf procedure... I scared she wil jump up from her chair and would not let me go...

Hi Ladies,

Wondersss, I know how u feel as I blame myself for the miscarriage in my 2nd fresh. A lot of what if.. like what Chloe said, most likely it is chromosome error so don't blame yourself. And don't stress yourself in recovering emotionally, some people may take longer to recover but don't let it turn into depression k? Take care gal.. Lots of hugs

Morning everyone getting abit paranoid. Sorry for my constant whining. Tested this morn n is still BFN, today is 14dp2dt. there is blood when I insert yst but this morning when I insert no blood but brown discharge. Guess probably is game over for my first attempt. I can only wait till this sat for my BT for the final verdict if AF is not here these few days.

Morning everyone getting abit paranoid. Sorry for my constant whining. Tested this morn n is still BFN, today is 14dp2dt. there is blood when I insert yst but this morning when I insert no blood but brown discharge. Guess probably is game over for my first attempt. I can only wait till this sat for my BT for the final verdict if AF is not here these few days.

@Domokunn , We all understand how you feel and your anxiety. Monitor the spotting for now. If it gets heavier, call KKH IVF. On the bright side, it could be implantation spotting. :) we are all here for you.

hi, I can tell that u are anxious abt this whole blood and spotting. Like wat ringbell said, it could b implantation spotting. I know the whole process makes us on 'high alert', which now I think back again. Anxiety doesn't helps at all. Try to relax and rest more. There are a few more days to u BT, just think positive.

Back