(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Lol @blythylively u so funny.. Haha. I also wan try tonight! These 2 nite i panda, he wake up 7-10x i lost count...keep crying.. Hope it works!! Keeping fingers crossed..

Yes try try!! Actually when asleep liao should be ok to do so. Mine hates it when he's awake so i thought sure fail but managed to do so, hope u succeed!! I still fail sometimes lah but quickly pat him can succeed 2nd time. Aiyo like being a thief like that my mum says lol. I was on the verge of going crazy then so it's life-saving for me

Hahaha I only very scared I'll end up waking him. He always has difficulty sleeping.. so poor thing leh so tired but can't sleep... if he wakes up I'll have to nurse him to sleep again.. tiring man...

I'll be going back to work soon but haven't prepare anything yet! What do I need for milk storage? My workplace has no fridge... how to keep the milk cool?

I've been dl my lo most of the time. Only give fm for one of the night feed... usually I pump I can't yield much... Don't know is it pump not good or I low supply haha

Hello mummies, quick qns, how long did your older babies #1 or #2 stay in S size diapers? I'm stocking up, will 8 packs x 50 be too many?

U calculate daily how many pc u use. For me i max 8pc including night change. So 1 pack size M last me max 1.5wks.
And also depend on ur bb weight, thigh size. My lo use size S till 1mo only.

As gauge for u... Pampers tape size L = merries pants size M = Goo.N tape size M
Petpet / drpers size L is in btw goo.N size M & pampers size L.
I feel jap brand cutting is bigger. If u buying huggies the cutting is more to petpet.

I feel if baby is smaller size, den for size S u can buy 2 packs, den the rest size M.
If bb is gg go be size M anytime, jus get all M... Not worth buying too small den the red marks cut into bb thigh or the diaper cant hold the pee/poo cos sizing too small.

I'll be going back to work soon but haven't prepare anything yet! What do I need for milk storage? My workplace has no fridge... how to keep the milk cool?

I've been dl my lo most of the time. Only give fm for one of the night feed... usually I pump I can't yield much... Don't know is it pump not good or I low supply haha

Try Packit. Can last for 10hrs.. You'll just need to freeze the bag first.

http://www.hipvan.com/collections/packit
http://www.packit.com/

Oh thank u! I wanna buy Merries on qoo10 and I tried size S before, it's bigger than moony size S. And too big for baby now. So I tot still have some time before she gets to 8kg lol!

Ya agree with u evelyntan83.. V fast they grow. Maybe boys faster??
Happycsk, weight 8kg can be size L also wor~ some is 7-12kg , whilst other smaller cutting states size M is 5-10kg (really depends on cutting)
Maybe u get 4pack size S, den the 4pack M lor. In case bb outgrow S u can still sell away.. :) i feel bigger is better den smaller :x

@gleaflim , dun worry. Some fm can cause constipation. Furthermore u got give bm, so can hold on n monitor. Sometimes 4-5days den poo once is normal, unless bb fuss and cries alot with lots of farts, den might be signs to note to see pd. If still active and pees is okie de.
U see tmr if still nv poo next day (4th day) jus call up ur clinic n check before gg down lor.
And also must let doc know the fm bb is taking, cos some bb not suitable to certain ingredients in the fm thus might haf constipation.
Even fully bm babies, like my #1 , 7days nv poo..
Den when they start full fm, also 4-5days once.. After start solid den will be more frequent poo.

Last edited:
My bb too already outgrown size S... can see red mark like too tight on her thigh. Now wearing size M on Moony and Momypoko.
Wonder any mummies using pants diaper instead of tape one?

My bb too already outgrown size S... can see red mark like too tight on her thigh. Now wearing size M on Moony and Momypoko.
Wonder any mummies using pants diaper instead of tape one?

I only try once pants merries L, abit troublesome when bb keep kicking n cant stay still. N furthermore i feel is more exp, so not worth as bb kip poo. But i feel pants less chance of overflowing poo from the back n side .

Hello mummies, quick qns, how long did your older babies #1 or #2 stay in S size diapers? I'm stocking up, will 8 packs x 50 be too many?
Don't buy too many... Bought 6 packs for my bb. Big mistake!!! After using 1 pack plus she has already outgrown it..

Ya agree with u evelyntan83.. V fast they grow. Maybe boys faster??
Happycsk, weight 8kg can be size L also wor~ some is 7-12kg , whilst other smaller cutting states size M is 5-10kg (really depends on cutting)
Maybe u get 4pack size S, den the 4pack M lor. In case bb outgrow S u can still sell away.. :) i feel bigger is better den smaller :x

My boy was only 2.97kg @ birth hence buying that time.didn't expect him to grow so fast.. Now he 7kg already... My husband used to worry he too skinny now worry he grow too fast...

My baby only consume 2 pack of newborn diapers last time. Then I upgrade to S size, so far has been consuming almost 2 pack. I still have another one pack untouched. But now seems slightly a bit tight already. Hopefully can finish the third pack before upgrade to M size.

@gleaflim , dun worry. Some fm can cause constipation. Furthermore u got give bm, so can hold on n monitor. Sometimes 4-5days den poo once is normal, unless bb fuss and cries alot with lots of farts, den might be signs to note to see pd. If still active and pees is okie de.
U see tmr if still nv poo next day (4th day) jus call up ur clinic n check before gg down lor.
And also must let doc know the fm bb is taking, cos some bb not suitable to certain ingredients in the fm thus might haf constipation.
Even fully bm babies, like my #1 , 7days nv poo..
Den when they start full fm, also 4-5days once.. After start solid den will be more frequent poo.

@furbee.. thank you so much for sharing. I will monitor him. Ytd he was quite fussy and he fart quite frequent but no sign of poo. Hopefully today he will poo.

I guess what u can do is to tape it looser... But be prepared for leaks if u do so, so need to change diaper more frequently.

My bb not poop for 2 days. He is 80% FM 20% Bm. I m so worry. Any mummies can share with me?
Don't worry... Mine also on BM and FM. She went 4 days without pooping before but when I look at the poop it is definitely not constipated type. And she seems happy and normal.
What brand of FM u using? I realised diff brand will result in different frequency of pooping... Used to be on similac=once every 3-4 days. Npw Mamil gold=almost every day, sometimes even few times a day...

Don't worry... Mine also on BM and FM. She went 4 days without pooping before but when I look at the poop it is definitely not constipated type. And she seems happy and normal.
What brand of FM u using? I realised diff brand will result in different frequency of pooping... Used to be on similac=once every 3-4 days. Npw Mamil gold=almost every day, sometimes even few times a day...

He is taking similac the blue colour type. He usually poo once a day after i started work n reduce the breastmilk intake. But recently, especially on weekend, he will poo once every 2 days. But the past weekend no sign of poo for 2 days. I heard that similac can be quite heaty.

Wah... U pump so fast, 15 mins niah. I got to go from 6th flr office to lvl 1 storeroom. Pump 10+10mins and if plus washing pump, Shd be Mia for 45mins per session. Dats y I try to pump once only during lunch time. :(

i only got 100-130ml per pump. i dry my pump on my table. laying tissue to cover.

:'( today is my LO's first day in infant care... Me feeling emo after dropping her to school together with her jiejie. Tears kept flowing down my cheeks after reaching home... Bouncer empty...cot empty...

Last week was hoping she will go ifc soon...today she's in...i feel so emo. Mommy's dilema... :(

Keep reminding myself to keep pumping to maintain the supply...

:'( today is my LO's first day in infant care... Me feeling emo after dropping her to school together with her jiejie. Tears kept flowing down my cheeks after reaching home... Bouncer empty...cot empty...

Last week was hoping she will go ifc soon...today she's in...i feel so emo. Mommy's dilema... :(

@minidonut hubby and i brought my girl to the ifc we enrolled her for a tour last week. Also felt emo and teary after that. Thinking how young she is and had to be separated from us and kept thinking if the caregivers would shower her w care.. Guess no choice, its a phase we have to go through... ): hope ur LO is able to adapt fine!

Im feeling abit emo like you, altho in my case its cos got a helper. Last time wish she'll come soon so can offload some of my bb duties to her n dun feel so tired all e time. Now dat she's getting the hang of it, i feel abit emo dat someone else can handle my bb n worried he'll get too attached to her when im back at work. Sighs… dilemma of being a working mother…

Nway hv a good hi-tea session later! Enjoy :)

I can feel you. Few days before my boy went to nanny house, I have started to feel emo. But u will be all right after few days as you still get to see her after work. Jia you mummy!

thank u mummies! i shall not stock up on size S diapers. I really didn't expect baby will outgrow size S so soon. I think i'll get size M instead. :)
my LO was born at 3.7kg but interestingly weight increment quite slow...9 weeks old now she's 5.2kg only.

Sigh. I also very sian thinking of her going to ifc. Suppose to go in September but due to hubby need to be overseas for a month in November,we delay her admission till December. If not nobody send her there. I don't know good or bad cos by then LO will learn to recognize us. Jia you mummy!!

thank u mummies! i shall not stock up on size S diapers. I really didn't expect baby will outgrow size S so soon. I think i'll get size M instead. :)
my LO was born at 3.7kg but interestingly weight increment quite slow...9 weeks old now she's 5.2kg only.

My boy is opposite, born 2.9kg now at 9wks old 5kg already. My pd said jokingly dat i must hv starved him while i was preggy so now making up for it lol. But seriously he gained 1kg in one mth, which was quite alot.

Must be very cute wor! I secretly wished my girl stay chubby but she gain weight slow slow and her Michelin arms are disappearing as she grew in height. Last measured she's 58cm but 4.8kg at 7 weeks old.

Aiya afraid i can join the high tea! Supposed to be my mum n maid take care of bb, then my mum fell sick!! Aiya then i gotta take care if both bb n mum so can't go. Sad sad!! Join u all next time!

My bb not poop for 2 days. He is 80% FM 20% Bm. I m so worry. Any mummies can share with me?
It's OK. My boy was like that too n he Pooed on the third day late at night. He's about 50% bm, 50% fm. I read that it's fine even if they poo every 5~7 days so long his poo not too hard.

He is taking similac the blue colour type. He usually poo once a day after i started work n reduce the breastmilk intake. But recently, especially on weekend, he will poo once every 2 days. But the past weekend no sign of poo for 2 days. I heard that similac can be quite heaty.
Dif bb react differently to DIF FM. My boy was OK with enfamil. When we let him try similac, poo was bit hard n greenish n we switched bk to enfamil. I do hear some bb didn't take similac that well.

My boy is opposite, born 2.9kg now at 9wks old 5kg already. My pd said jokingly dat i must hv starved him while i was preggy so now making up for it lol. But seriously he gained 1kg in one mth, which was quite alot.
My bb birth weight was 2.7kg but now aroUnd 6.1kg at 9 weeks. Am afraid he will become obese, but he's crying for milk every two hrs n I dunno how to cut down his feeding, like v cruel to him.

My boy finally poo today.. what a relieve!! My nanny asked me to feed bb with gripe water if he can't poo. Is it really that useful?

Actually dat was wat i did when i sense he was constipated and his poo was hard a couple of wks back. But i only feed gripe water once a day.

Now he poos everyday so nvr feed liao.

Missing so much cause having new helper and training her now... Taking my time and no time to come forum...

Hope you guys enjoy the high tea!!!!

She loves my baby that I feel abit jealous but yet I need to return to work soon... I guess we shall have to sacrifice with the high cost of living in SG!

Back