any 35 and above trying for their first?

Can try yoga therapy too. I was seeing a Yoga therapist for fertility yoga and dietary recommendations. 5 months down the road, I cried in delight when I was tested positive for natural pregnancy. I had 3 failed attempts of ivf prev. Miracles do exist and I think the classes helps me greatly.

www.ohmsantih.com

Can try yoga therapy too. I was seeing a Yoga therapist for fertility yoga and dietary recommendations. 5 months down the road, I cried in delight when I was tested positive for natural pregnancy. I had 3 failed attempts of ivf prev. Miracles do exist and I think the classes helps me greatly.

www.ohmsantih.com
Hi,do you have any fertility issues for yrself or yr hubby diagnosed by doctor? Or yrs is unexplained infertility? (Meaning u and yr hunny are actually ok to conceive)

Care to recommend the course name n e cost for e course? thanks :)

Hi Connie, the issue was with me. I have several relapse of PCOS and fertility issues diagnosed by 2 docs previously over 2 years. It seemed to me that it could be partially a genetically contributed too as both my sisters tried very hard to conceive too. There were my inspiration to why i did not gave up after 3 attempts.

There is no specific name. The school termed it as Yoga therapy. I went for one consultation and then really admired the knowledge the therapist had when she patiently analyse and explained (on the other hand, the doctors cant wait to rush us out of their room :( I paid $110/session, each session last from 1 hour to sometimes slightly longer. Eventually, I see improvements so i took up a 8 lessons package.

I think there are a few therapists over in that school. I was under Miss Warwar. I think its better to look for her.

Let me know if you want me to share more details. Maybe PM? :)

Thanks for sharing the yoga jeleen. Ya sounds ex but hey i wld do anything to get pregnant and hold my bundle of joy.
Btw here's an update on my fertility journey. My period is due 5 days but i spotted 1 whole day two weeks ago and have been having light spotting on and off. Not sure if this is sign of implantation. Called NUH and spoke to one of the nurses there (sigh they keep giving me bad customer service, none of them informed nurses taht my call needs to be returned). Nurse said that it cld be due to me carrying heavy stuff OR sign of upcoming period. What a motivation man!!!! She burst my bubble of confidence.

Yes, not cheap at all but I was willing to pay as I was recommended by another friend's friend who resolve her PCOS issue over 8 months and managed to conceive. So it was all through work of mouth and real life examples and result proven. In fact, we have to cut down on one trip to manage the cost of the therapy lessons. At one point, I was doing 2 sessions/week which also mean $220. But like what Wanbaby says, deep down we will do anything to be blessed with a little bundle of joy. Each class, you do feel the difference. It was a entire different feeling from taking all those pills. You actually feel so much lighter and somehow more positive in the mind. haha cant really explain well on the feeling. You have to experience for yourself. :)

Hi ladies, im new to this thread. Was previously frm m/c support grp and chance upon this thread which is rather appropriate for me to turn to. All my married friends ard my age are fortunate enough to conceive naturally one child after another.. Sadly, im the only one in the grp who have to go thru the tough journey of ivf..and worse, a bfp on my 2nd cycle ended up with a m/c..

Im 35 this yr and have been ttcing for abt 3 yrs for my #1.. my ovarian reserves are low hence the chances of conceiving naturally are bleak too..
Tcm doesnt work for me as i underwent the treatment(accup) and medicine for abt 9mths..
I tried yoga for abt 2 mths before my 2nd cycle and (not sure if it was due to this), i got a bfp result but ended with m/c (prob due to poor egg quality)

I look up to some ladies who persevered all the way and tell myself that i shldnt give up too.. But the thought of going thru a 3 fresh cycle is really draining.. (I do not have any frozen embies)
Hope all of us here will have a healthy rainbow baby in our arms one day. (Hoping for the best)

My hub and i are also prepared to go childless if all else fails..maybe its just not meant to be..

Hi ladies, im new to this thread. Was previously frm m/c support grp and chance upon this thread which is rather appropriate for me to turn to. All my married friends ard my age are fortunate enough to conceive naturally one child after another.. Sadly, im the only one in the grp who have to go thru the tough journey of ivf..and worse, a bfp on my 2nd cycle ended up with a m/c..

Im 35 this yr and have been ttcing for abt 3 yrs for my #1.. my ovarian reserves are low hence the chances of conceiving naturally are bleak too..
Tcm doesnt work for me as i underwent the treatment(accup) and medicine for abt 9mths..
I tried yoga for abt 2 mths before my 2nd cycle and (not sure if it was due to this), i got a bfp result but ended with m/c (prob due to poor egg quality)

I look up to some ladies who persevered all the way and tell myself that i shldnt give up too.. But the thought of going thru a 3 fresh cycle is really draining.. (I do not have any frozen embies)
Hope all of us here will have a healthy rainbow baby in our arms one day. (Hoping for the best)

My hub and i are also prepared to go childless if all else fails..maybe its just not meant to be..
Hugs,i feel you. All e best.

Hey I can understand too. I too amg my grp of frends who hvnt conceive. Don't give up dear. You've come this far. Don't despa n give up. Go for it. D fact tat u manage to get pregnant means u Stil hve lots of chance. Lots of baby dust to u.

Hey I can understand too. I too amg my grp of frends who hvnt conceive. Don't give up dear. You've come this far. Don't despa n give up. Go for it. D fact tat u manage to get pregnant means u Stil hve lots of chance. Lots of baby dust to u.
Thanks Wanbaby & Connie. Baby dust to all of you too
I didnt expect to have such tough luck in ttcing..To think that the first yr of our marriage i even took birth control pills as we didnt want any children yet.. Who knows, it turned out to be a difficult journey ahead of us when we started to plan for one.. I miss those carefree days when i can eat anything i want/like..

Becos of ttc, ive refrained from cold drinks, desserts and ice cream for the longest time.. Even when the weather is hot.
I tried to cheat once by taking a mouthful of ice cream and felt guilty after that..life is alrdy so short and yet i have to be so hard on myself in order to achieve the ultimate goal.
sorry for the rant and thanks for hearing me out. Hope to see more gd news frm everyone here. Only we who go thru this journey will truly understand one another

HI just want to check with you does DHEA helps to increase eggs? I have just bought a bottle from USA and not tried yet it is 25mg. I m going to be over 40 soon and no luck after trying 3IUI and IVF!!! Really need help. After my IVF cycle, my menses quality and quantity becomes very hay wired!... Have seen more than 6 TCMs and still seeing TCM now.
Hi @sherleyuki, ive read abt dhea which seems to improve egg quality but not quantity. Ive not tried but my gynae suggested to me before. I might get frm him during my next visit..

Thanks Wanbaby & Connie. Baby dust to all of you too
I didnt expect to have such tough luck in ttcing..To think that the first yr of our marriage i even took birth control pills as we didnt want any children yet.. Who knows, it turned out to be a difficult journey ahead of us when we started to plan for one.. I miss those carefree days when i can eat anything i want/like..

Becos of ttc, ive refrained from cold drinks, desserts and ice cream for the longest time.. Even when the weather is hot.
I tried to cheat once by taking a mouthful of ice cream and felt guilty after that..life is alrdy so short and yet i have to be so hard on myself in order to achieve the ultimate goal.
sorry for the rant and thanks for hearing me out. Hope to see more gd news frm everyone here. Only we who go thru this journey will truly understand one another
Its ok to rant. I feel miserable also. I failed 2 fresh with no frosties. Never a bfp. Reason should be poor egg and poor sperms. Avoiding cold food,tried tcm etc but 2nd fresh worse results than 1st.
Just to let u know u are not alone. Jiayou,have faith n believe. If all else fails,just have to accept.its hard,but no choice As e saying goes,life is short. Jiayou gal n stay happy.

Last edited:
Hello! Have been MIA-ing lately, just a quick update. I'm now 17 weeks pregnant, it was a surprise and a little drama for me & hubby, we felt it's really important to stay relax instead of stressing ownself, and keep praying. I'm sure God will answer your prayers one fine day. Jiayou!

Hello! Have been MIA-ing lately, just a quick update. I'm now 17 weeks pregnant, it was a surprise and a little drama for me & hubby, we felt it's really important to stay relax instead of stressing ownself, and keep praying. I'm sure God will answer your prayers one fine day. Jiayou!
So nice to have this surprise. I hope i have 1 day too. Hope...

Congrats! :)

Hello ladies, can anyone please share with me these terms ... BFP...TTC? I had no idea whats these.
And to the same topic, i'm also trying for my first baby, im taking bai feng wan to tiao my body.
had irregular menses issue back then due to weight and then bai feng wan (BFW) helped to regulate menses and got to know from the staff it also help in the pregnancy too , by tiao-ing.

Reali? Been praying for years..still no news yet...wishing for a miracle as my case is challenging even for bfp as said by doctors.

Wish upon a star...*****

do have faith.. and miracle do happen... i too prayed for a few years... and my recent prayers went like " please please please let succeed with natural and please please please x 10 dont let me have to go through ivf.. please please please x 10 dun need to go through so many injections" and then it just happened.. tested positive 3 days before my ivf appt at nuh...

Reali? Been praying for years..still no news yet...wishing for a miracle as my case is challenging even for bfp as said by doctors.

Wish upon a star...*****

do have faith.. and miracle do happen... i too prayed for a few years... and my recent prayers went like " please please please let succeed with natural and please please please x 10 dont let me have to go through ivf.. please please please x 10 dun need to go through so many injections" and then it just happened.. tested positive 3 days before my ivf appt at nuh...

Yes Connie, keep praying! I will pray for you as well

Thank you all. My menses volume is getting lesser this month. Previously was number of days reduced,now is volume getting little. Wonder is it due to stress(last month feeling very stress) or i am getting old. I am 39 next year,any body getting reduction of volume at this age n yet able to bfp?previously my d2 menses was heavy,now is so light flow :(

Hubby is very stressed at work these few months. Me stressed with family matters as my parents are sick. Just hope things clear out soon. N let us resume to a less stressful state.

Thank you all. My menses volume is getting lesser this month. Previously was number of days reduced,now is volume getting little. Wonder is it due to stress(last month feeling very stress) or i am getting old. I am 39 next year,any body getting reduction of volume at this age n yet able to bfp?previously my d2 menses was heavy,now is so light flow :(

Hubby is very stressed at work these few months. Me stressed with family matters as my parents are sick. Just hope things clear out soon. N let us resume to a less stressful state.
Hi Connie, i understand how u feel.. When i was undergoing my first ivf cycle, i was taking care of my mom who was v sick as well.. Tough times shall pass..Hugs*
I seriously dont know when i wanna continue with my next cycle. Still feeling v despair over my m/c.. Its like, we've tried for so long n put in so much effort.. What triggered me further was when i received news of a close fren preg again..
my v close gfs (married with kids) were thoughtful to have shown concern and visited me when i was recovering my m/c.. The funny thing was, they were discussing abt planning for their 2nd and 3rd child in front of me when im still grieving abt my loss... 2mths later, one of them is really preg with her #3..

we'r in a midst of meeting up over a meal and im vvv reluctant to turn up.. I 'l feel sad seeing the preg fren and listening to them disccusing abt pregnancy stuff in front of me... And im not sure how to reject the gathering :(

Hi Connie, i understand how u feel.. When i was undergoing my first ivf cycle, i was taking care of my mom who was v sick as well.. Tough times shall pass..Hugs*
I seriously dont know when i wanna continue with my next cycle. Still feeling v despair over my m/c.. Its like, we've tried for so long n put in so much effort.. What triggered me further was when i received news of a close fren preg again..
my v close gfs (married with kids) were thoughtful to have shown concern and visited me when i was recovering my m/c.. The funny thing was, they were discussing abt planning for their 2nd and 3rd child in front of me when im still grieving abt my loss... 2mths later, one of them is really preg with her #3..

we'r in a midst of meeting up over a meal and im vvv reluctant to turn up.. I 'l feel sad seeing the preg fren and listening to them disccusing abt pregnancy stuff in front of me... And im not sure how to reject the gathering :(
Hi, u can just tell them u r not feeling well if u don't really feel like going. Why force yourself to go where u know it would b an pleasant gathering for u.

Don't give up as age is still in your favour. I only attempted iui & ivf after age 35, after 7 years of natural means like tcm, prayers... Your turn will come soon.

Am watching documentary now about low birth rate now... Well if only all of us are blessed with at least one child, I'm certain our govt will be very happy.

@char-mee , thanks for ur encouragement. I'l be vvv contented just to have 1 healthy child. Not going to wish for more as i know my condition..
@Yingchian , its quite hard to use that as an excuse cos we always plan few weeks in advance. But luckily there'r quite a few of us in the grp so its quite hard for everyone to agree on the gathering date.
To be honest, they'r really nice friends of mine for many yrs. its just that its v hard for me to join in their conversation abt preg during this period. And am surprised they'r not sensitive towards my feeling. I feel quite bad to be avoiding them but i have to.

@char-mee , thanks for ur encouragement. I'l be vvv contented just to have 1 healthy child. Not going to wish for more as i know my condition..
@Yingchian , its quite hard to use that as an excuse cos we always plan few weeks in advance. But luckily there'r quite a few of us in the grp so its quite hard for everyone to agree on the gathering date.
To be honest, they'r really nice friends of mine for many yrs. its just that its v hard for me to join in their conversation abt preg during this period. And am surprised they'r not sensitive towards my feeling. I feel quite bad to be avoiding them but i have to.
Just follow your heart. If your heart don't feel like going, then just don't go cos there should hv another voice within us that ask us to go. So just follow u heart.

In my opinion, you can be just be straightforward and tell them that you wouldn't be comfortable when they are talking about pregnancy!! good friends should understand and will not judge you for missing out :)

I only hope for just one too now that I'm 37. Our friends will never know what we go through with IVF and IUI so they can never be sensitive... likewise they are just excited sharing. We can't control what others say but we can control what we want to hear.
We need to be strong to go through the battles by ourselves.

For me, if I feel that I'm going to be affected, then I won't attend. We have to protect our own feelings also. What's the point of attending if you are going to be sad the rest of the day? For me, if ppl start talking about pregnancies and babies etc, I'll just excuse myself and walk away.

Hi all, I am 30.. My husband and I were married in Dec 2013 and till now, we have not done the deed successfully at all! I am not planning for a baby yet but I am really worried if this goes on, I can't even get penetrated, not say get pregnant! :( The worst things that add to this problem is that I will get Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) or yeast infections! I tried cranberry juice (not everyday though), visited the same good doctor umpteen times for urinalysis to check what bacteria is present, but sometimes I am on antibiotics due to some illness unfortunately at the time of urinalysis.. Then the urinalysis detect nothing but antibacteria activity. I also tried to drink lots of water as advised by the doctor so that can pass out the bacteria but the amount is different for everyone isn't it? I also washed myself after every try with vagisil, lactacyd wipes but I can't prevent this UTI or yeast infections from recurring! It has occurred like 5 times from Nov 2014 till now!! When these infections happen, I just have no mood for any sexual activity anymore. In the long run, it will not be good for me and my husband.. I am really feeling hopeless.. :( I can only keep seeing people of my age getting pregnant and delivering one after another, but no progress for me!

Hi all, I am 30.. My husband and I were married in Dec 2013 and till now, we have not done the deed successfully at all! I am not planning for a baby yet but I am really worried if this goes on, I can't even get penetrated, not say get pregnant! :( The worst things that add to this problem is that I will get Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) or yeast infections! I tried cranberry juice (not everyday though), visited the same good doctor umpteen times for urinalysis to check what bacteria is present, but sometimes I am on antibiotics due to some illness unfortunately at the time of urinalysis.. Then the urinalysis detect nothing but antibacteria activity. I also tried to drink lots of water as advised by the doctor so that can pass out the bacteria but the amount is different for everyone isn't it? I also washed myself after every try with vagisil, lactacyd wipes but I can't prevent this UTI or yeast infections from recurring! It has occurred like 5 times from Nov 2014 till now!! When these infections happen, I just have no mood for any sexual activity anymore. In the long run, it will not be good for me and my husband.. I am really feeling hopeless.. :( I can only keep seeing people of my age getting pregnant and delivering one after another, but no progress for me!
Sorry to hear what you are going through. Actually stress n diet also affects the sex drive and also the infections. Have you gone to a tcm to address? Most ladies ttc would tell you it's not an easy game and many go to tcm to get their health in prime condition.

I didn't go to TCM yet.. Mostly is GP.. Am wondering whether to look for gynae.. Some of my friends advised me to seek help from gynae, maybe need operation to make the vaginal opening bigger? But sometimes I wonder is it so serious till I have to go for operation? One of my friends had the same problem but not for long, she said that I just have to bear with the pain during intercourse. Went to TCM before for gut health.. I find it not helpful, so I stopped.. :( My stomach and intestinal health not so good, have gastric and IBS, so I don't like to travel to far places.. (always need to look for toilets). I don't know if there are good female gynae around jurong area??? :(

You can try to cut down on sugars in your diet as yeast feed on sugar. N take some probiotics supplements. Hope it can help.

Hi i have yeast infection everytime my hubby n i try to have baby! And had to.insert pessary to cure the infection. But after a few months ...i seems to have anti bodies...it will just go away on its own.
U need to take supplement 'Opticbac for women' daily i bought from guardian. and wear cotton underwear...dun wear at night to air the area...
I also eat non-fat yoghurt...bought 1 big tub...no sugar. But yoghurt is cooling...so not good for fertility

For fertility...i wear slippers at home to keep body warm. Stopped all cold or sweetened drinks. No cooling herbal tea...also ate royal jelly for a while.
I use clear blue ovulation strip. It shows the same ovulation timing as my tracking app
I tried 4 mths...before i get a positive...
I only try during fertile period...2 times before it..
I had prob with doing it too initially...later i found that i the mirning im more lubricated so better to do it then. I use concieveplus lubricant.
Take care

i do encounter ur problem also.I got irritated when I ttc n den got uti instead, n den I gt scared aft tt. once we gt uti, we can nv run away frm it. my gp owaes tell mi to drink more water aft bd n go toilet to urine. bt it does sound contradicting as we r supposed to rest on bed 10 to 15mins in order to increase the chances of getting preg.

Hi all!
I'm so glad to find this thread. Can empathise with you ladies, and also seeking some support.

Have failed a couple of IVFs, and I think I don't ovulate naturally so hard to try natural conception :(
Now I have an ovarian cyst that's about 4cm. Different Drs gave different advice: One asked me to wait till my period comes then take birth control pills to manage the hormones (but this means that I'd have to wait more months without being able to try), another said he'd give hcg jab to resolve the cyst. Separately, I read somewhere that natural progesterone can help.

Does any of you sis have a similar situation before, and how did you resolve your cyst?

My Yoga therapist sees fellow sisters with cyst issues and talked to one of them in the prenatal yoga class. She swears by the therapy classes and says it helped her to break down her cyst and prevent occurrence. God bless her as she successfully pregnant now. I personally benefited so much from her therapy classes too. You can read up ohmsantih yoga therapy classes and if you are keen, u can look for warwar.

Hi all!
I'm so glad to find this thread. Can empathise with you ladies, and also seeking some support.

Have failed a couple of IVFs, and I think I don't ovulate naturally so hard to try natural conception :(
Now I have an ovarian cyst that's about 4cm. Different Drs gave different advice: One asked me to wait till my period comes then take birth control pills to manage the hormones (but this means that I'd have to wait more months without being able to try), another said he'd give hcg jab to resolve the cyst. Separately, I read somewhere that natural progesterone can help.

Does any of you sis have a similar situation before, and how did you resolve your cyst?
Hi @dewydrop, im also glad to have found support here. I dont really confide to my friends abt my infertility prob as they wont understand. This is the only plc i can turn to for listening ears and support.
For me, ive fibroids ranging frm 2cm-4cm. ( 3 of them) and also have low ovarian reserves. If i were to remove them, i'l have to wait for few months to start my next ivf cycle.. Time is not on my side..
I did managed to conceive via ivf in my 2 cycle but ended with a m/c.. What a joke isnt it? After long awaited hope n it vanished just like that..
@jeleen, does this yoga help in fibroids issues too? Ive been doing yoga but its mainly for my back problem.

Hi @dewydrop, im also glad to have found support here. I dont really confide to my friends abt my infertility prob as they wont understand. This is the only plc i can turn to for listening ears and support.
For me, ive fibroids ranging frm 2cm-4cm. ( 3 of them) and also have low ovarian reserves. If i were to remove them, i'l have to wait for few months to start my next ivf cycle.. Time is not on my side..
I did managed to conceive via ivf in my 2 cycle but ended with a m/c.. What a joke isnt it? After long awaited hope n it vanished just like that..
@jeleen, does this yoga help in fibroids issues too? Ive been doing yoga but its mainly for my back problem.
yes understand fully how you feel. I just did my 2nd ivf, conceived and lost it too.. real agony coz been ttc for over 8 years.
don't give up! which Dr n hospital are you with?

yes understand fully how you feel. I just did my 2nd ivf, conceived and lost it too.. real agony coz been ttc for over 8 years.
don't give up! which Dr n hospital are you with?
Hugs* we'r in similar situation. I started ivf only last yr. Only started ttc in 2012.. Within this short span of 3 yrs,friends ard me alrdy have their no. 2&3.. And am still struggling with one and only...
Let's jia you tog!
Im with kkh under dr Tan. How abt you?

Hugs* we'r in similar situation. I started ivf only last yr. Only started ttc in 2012.. Within this short span of 3 yrs,friends ard me alrdy have their no. 2&3.. And am still struggling with one and only...
Let's jia you tog!
Im with kkh under dr Tan. How abt you?
Same Doc too! I'm 37 already, how abt you.
Just gave up a seat to a preggie as I'm typing this... hope one day others will give up to me ☺

Thanks for your replies, ladies. I just had a scan and the cyst has resolved by itself. Not sure if the Tcm medicine and acupuncture helped. Hope the cycle becomes normal soon.

Thanks also for the yoga therapist's contact, will keep in mind.

How do you all find Dr Tan hh? We thinking of switching to him. For poor responders, any idea if he has a philosophy of using high dose to push as many follicles as possible or low dose to get just a couple but maintain egg quality?
Hi! Im one of the poor responders under tan hh.. Hehe.. First cycle he gave me normal dosage. Yielded only 3 follicles and 1 fertilised. Bfn..
2nd cycle he maxed out one of the medication( the one with the pen needle) and changed one of the medication to something else. Had 5 retrieved but only 2 fertilised. Transferred those 2 and bfp single. M/c at 8 weeks..
So im not sure if high dosage really affects the quality. For my case, even with high dosages, the improvement is v minimal.

Hi,

Well, I am not actively trying for my first. However, am hoping that under Prof Choolani, can stay pregnant for my next one, as it will be my first live pregnancy.

Conceived naturally multiple times, but it is either chemical, blighted ovum (empty sac), or early loss at 6 to 8 weeks.

So my issue is more to do with staying pregnant, than getting pregnant; and this repeated pregnancy loss is really annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing. So what's the next step for you?

Any sis here tried elonva, and what's your experience?
Well, i guess have to keep trying.. Now that ive some fibroids in me, still thinking whether to remove or let them be.. Not sure if im ready for the next cycle yet..but at the same time, dont wanna wait too long to start..

Hi,

Well, I am not actively trying for my first. However, am hoping that under Prof Choolani, can stay pregnant for my next one, as it will be my first live pregnancy.

Conceived naturally multiple times, but it is either chemical, blighted ovum (empty sac), or early loss at 6 to 8 weeks.

So my issue is more to do with staying pregnant, than getting pregnant; and this repeated pregnancy loss is really annoying.
Hi, is prof choolaini frm nuh? Ur case is similar to my ex colleague's wife, who had 3 m/c.. So they sought help frm a dr in nuh who specialises in multiple m/c..

(Accidentally press 'post reply") Turned out that she needed to take aspirin to thin her blood. Now she has 3 kids. Im sure the dr whom u'r seeing will help u. Ur day will come soon!

Hi, is prof choolaini frm nuh? Ur case is similar to my ex colleague's wife, who had 3 m/c.. So they sought help frm a dr in nuh who specialises in multiple m/c..

Hi honeycombi,

Yes, but I am seeing Prof Choolani in his private suite in Mount Elizabeth Novena, as the queue and waiting time there is much shorter.

Back