2WW - for those TTC-ing

Hahaha, no lah, I am just being honest.
Face the problem only then we can find a solution.

Who knows when go to do check-up, the results turn out to be both well?

Sometimes, men are just not as "anxious" as compared to women, probably is due to the ego?

So anyway, did your dh get his SA done? :p

I've scheduled him for one this weekend. :p fierce anot. HAHAHAHA!!
I got everything planned with the gynae then I informed him...so he bobian.

Alrights will test maybe tmr or Sat! Have been testing BBT too today is 36.8... coming down already cos few days ago was 37 then 36.9... dunno isit AF coming alrdy... sighs.
I also feeling tired easily these days.
Hope this 2ww passes faster...

It could be a sign, but well, there are many external factors which may affect the readings.
As usual, you're not out so long AF did not show her face.

Do keep us posted, and good luck :)

Hi all ladies, I new here. Been TTC for the past 8 months no news at all. Been regular cycle and only last month went to see gynae for the first time. Did a abdominal ultrascan and size of uterus and ovaries gynae say normal. Today went for hormone blood test as AF is here on 2nd day. Gynae arrange me to go for HSG test. Anyone did that before? How is the procedure like? Wanted to know more about this HSG test.

Welcome Lynhlz!

I also did the HSG too... when the Dr inserted the dye, I also felt very uncomfortable like having AF cramps. The procedure was ard 10mins very fast... then they will ask you to wait in the other room n rest awhile before letting you go. The pain lasted the whole day for me. So jus go home and rest in bed. The next day will be fine... dun worry too much!
As long as check our fallopian tubes are not blocked, this little pain is worth it right? ;)

I've scheduled him for one this weekend. :p fierce anot. HAHAHAHA!!
I got everything planned with the gynae then I informed him...so he bobian.

Wah, well done! (Come, I clap for you :p)
But sexual abstinence is required, ideally 3 days, if I am not mistaken - is he aware?

Actually most of the time, to get the men to "do their jobs", we can always say it is instructed by gynae.
Sounds good? :p

Wah, well done! (Come, I clap for you :p)
But sexual abstinence is required, ideally 3 days, if I am not mistaken - is he aware?

Actually most of the time, to get the men to "do their jobs", we can always say it is instructed by gynae.
Sounds good? :p

Yup, the nurse reiterated it to me and I passed the message along too.
Sounds very good lah! Haiiiz, if only our men were as obedient as us women.

Since we are on the topic of HSG, just sharing my own experience recently.

Did the test in June, pain was somewhat a little more bearable than pap smear, and the nurse gave me emotional support by letting me squeeze her hands during the procedure.
Procedure was over in about 10 mins. By end of the day, I didn’t felt the pain was there any more. Tubes turned out to be normal.

However, my cycle kind of went haywire after the HSG..AF came quite on time the following month, but it went on for more than a week until I visited NUH twice this month. Doc said my case is one of hormone imbalance, and prescribed me Norethisterone tablets-a form of progesterone, to stop the bleeding and help get my cycle back to normal. I’m supposed to take them for 3 weeks, and I’m still on them.

Both hubby and I shared our suspicion to the docs (we had 2 from A&E and 1 from O&B clinic for the visits) if the HSG had something to do with this messed-up cycle this month, because my ovulation apparently did not occur last month after HSG. The docs kind of dismissed our suspicion, and said the hormone imbalance do happen to some women.

Well, I don’t know about other ladies who have done the HSG before; but this episode has really messed up our TTC plans for the past 2 months L

I was on a 28~29 day cycle before this, and it’s really too much of a coincidence that the condition happened the month right after HSG.

I have googled, and it does seem like some women will experience late O after HSG or irregular cycles; while others do get a bfp after HSG. Sadly, my case is quite different, although I do feel quite assured now that I have now done all the basic necessary fertility tests.

Looking forward to mid August where I hope my cycle will be normal again.

Sorry for my long post!

Your case will scared me a little, my cycle is from 28 days to 34 days. Hope after I take this test won't be much difference.

So you went to which hospital for the HSG test? I just did a blood test now waiting for results and then gynae can decided again.

Did the test in June, pain was somewhat a little more bearable than pap smear, and the nurse gave me emotional support by letting me squeeze her hands during the procedure.
Procedure was over in about 10 mins. By end of the day, I didn’t felt the pain was there any more. Tubes turned out to be normal.

However, my cycle kind of went haywire after the HSG..AF came quite on time the following month, but it went on for more than a week until I visited NUH twice this month. Doc said my case is one of hormone imbalance, and prescribed me Norethisterone tablets-a form of progesterone, to stop the bleeding and help get my cycle back to normal. I’m supposed to take them for 3 weeks, and I’m still on them.

Both hubby and I shared our suspicion to the docs (we had 2 from A&E and 1 from O&B clinic for the visits) if the HSG had something to do with this messed-up cycle this month, because my ovulation apparently did not occur last month after HSG. The docs kind of dismissed our suspicion, and said the hormone imbalance do happen to some women.

Well, I don’t know about other ladies who have done the HSG before; but this episode has really messed up our TTC plans for the past 2 months L

I was on a 28~29 day cycle before this, and it’s really too much of a coincidence that the condition happened the month right after HSG.

I have googled, and it does seem like some women will experience late O after HSG or irregular cycles; while others do get a bfp after HSG. Sadly, my case is quite different, although I do feel quite assured now that I have now done all the basic necessary fertility tests.

Sorry for my long post!

Hi fedfan, I am sorry for what you've gone through *hugs*
Indeed, I have heard about people getting pregnant after HSG, but whether it is just coincidentally or not, nobody can explain.
Thanks for sharing the experience, I believe this is extremely useful, as a reference for all of us.
Hopefully you'll get your cycle back to normal very very soon!

Sorry for my long post!

Your case will scared me a little, my cycle is from 28 days to 34 days. Hope after I take this test won't be much difference.

So you went to which hospital for the HSG test? I just did a blood test now waiting for results and then gynae can decide again.

It could be a sign, but well, there are many external factors which may affect the readings.
As usual, you're not out so long AF did not show her face.

Do keep us posted, and good luck :)

Thanks Cantaloup for your positivity support! Hope AF will take a long long break this time... haha!
You also jiayou too!! Let's all get BFP soon!!

Welcome Lynhlz!

I also did the HSG too... when the Dr inserted the dye, I also felt very uncomfortable like having AF cramps. The procedure was ard 10mins very fast... then they will ask you to wait in the other room n rest awhile before letting you go. The pain lasted the whole day for me. So jus go home and rest in bed. The next day will be fine... dun worry too much!
As long as check our fallopian tubes are not blocked, this little pain is worth it right? ;)

Thanks for the information. Ya, so long not blocked is okay. I always experience painful periods hope everything is okay.

So you went to which hospital for the HSG test? I just did a blood test now waiting for results and then gynae can decide again.

sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Just sharing what I went through. From what I see, my case might be one of a 0.1% case since docs didn’t think HSG had a direct impact on that.

I went to NUH for all my tests including HSG.

Hi fedfan, I am sorry for what you've gone through *hugs*
Indeed, I have heard about people getting pregnant after HSG, but whether it is just coincidentally or not, nobody can explain.
Thanks for sharing the experience, I believe this is extremely useful, as a reference for all of us.
Hopefully you'll get your cycle back to normal very very soon!
Thanks Cantaloupe :) trying to stay positive and not to dwell on the bad things nowadays

Lynhlz, when I did my HSG it was not pain at all. Some people find it painful and some don't. Better not scare yourself before you do it. It is a good test to undergo to find out if your tunes are blocked. Gives u a peace of mind.
As for your hubby's side- many of the ladies are right in saying u should push him to go. Men's problem is very common and for them to dread going is also normal. But if they dun go, u wun find out how his sperms are. Their egos can be very big but if they want kids, they should put threat aside. Dun be like me- allow hubby to drag on and drag before he finally went. And Ta da..really got problem.

sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Just sharing what I went through. From what I see, my case might be one of a 0.1% case since docs didn’t think HSG had a direct impact on that.

I went to NUH for all my tests including HSG.

Oh, no worries. Sorry for u.. Hope your cycle will back to normal soon and all the best to you!!

Lynhlz, when I did my HSG it was not pain at all. Some people find it painful and some don't. Better not scare yourself before you do it. It is a good test to undergo to find out if your tunes are blocked. Gives u a peace of mind.
As for your hubby's side- many of the ladies are right in saying u should push him to go. Men's problem is very common and for them to dread going is also normal. But if they dun go, u wun find out how his sperms are. Their egos can be very big but if they want kids, they should put threat aside. Dun be like me- allow hubby to drag on and drag before he finally went. And Ta da..really got problem.
I also encounteer same prob..my hb also alw says he shld not hv any prob esp we already hv 2 kids. Super ego. He procrastinated for so long till i threaten him tht he cannot be so irresponsible. Here i am working so hard to take supplements eat chinese med every wk..abstain cold food n drinks..there he nv put in any efforts. And i got 2 ms..i dont wan such thgs to happen again...then he finally go. Results show his morphology got prob..consulted my gyne. She do not want us to take tht rpt at face value..n pass a death sentence to ourselves. Cos she feel that a factory cannot be suddendly collapsed esp i jus got pregnant twice in a row in a short period of time tho miscarriage thereafter. If sperm is not healthy enuff it cannot fertilise an egg and i couldnt get pregnant. So she advised him to retest 3 mths later. At same time she suggest we go for a holiday..haa a reason to propose to my hb for a gd break.

I also on TCM medicine for around 5months. Been seeing this TCM few yrs back b4 I got married. This TCM got told me my womb not that good need to take care so since I decided to TTC I also went to see him till now. Hubby went to see him once and also took medicine but he stop after 1 month. :(

I also on TCM medicine for around 5months. Been seeing this TCM few yrs back b4 I got married. This TCM got told me my womb not that good need to take care so since I decided to TTC I also went to see him till now. Hubby went to see him once and also took medicine but he stop after 1 month. :(
Good that are u seeing a TCM. TCM needs time to see effects so just continue to go. I also understand your frustration that your hubby stopped going after a month. Keep hanging in there. Talk to him nicely when he is in a good mood. Try to get him to see your point of view and get him onboard.

I also encounteer same prob..my hb also alw says he shld not hv any prob esp we already hv 2 kids. Super ego. He procrastinated for so long till i threaten him tht he cannot be so irresponsible. Here i am working so hard to take supplements eat chinese med every wk..abstain cold food n drinks..there he nv put in any efforts. And i got 2 ms..i dont wan such thgs to happen again...then he finally go. Results show his morphology got prob..consulted my gyne. She do not want us to take tht rpt at face value..n pass a death sentence to ourselves. Cos she feel that a factory cannot be suddendly collapsed esp i jus got pregnant twice in a row in a short period of time tho miscarriage thereafter. If sperm is not healthy enuff it cannot fertilise an egg and i couldnt get pregnant. So she advised him to retest 3 mths later. At same time she suggest we go for a holiday..haa a reason to propose to my hb for a gd break.

in any case, if the SA result is not very good, can always get the doc to prescribe some health supplements cos sometimes that will help to improve the result too..

Hi my doc prescribed me this powerful antioxidant that is in powder form when I was trying for kids. I'm currently blessed wif 2 kids :)

Anyone interested to get it can PM me.

@starz88 where do u ladies go to for ur hub's sperm count? Any gynae?
Hi usually we are referred by gyne or chinese physician where they will give us a form. But i understand from the lab tht u can also call up without referral but u will still need to find a doc to discuss ur results.attached is the form. Call them up.

Jus to add somethg interesting i found out. my hb went for sa test using forms given by chinese physician but i discussed the results with my gyne n she is suprised to see the detailed breakdown of what defects (oval, head defects,tale defects etc ).My gyne was telling me she only see an overall percentage for morphology and wont see these breakdown despite results came from the same lab.

Attachments

• 1438442655676.jpg
    1438442655676.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 167
Hi usually we are referred by gyne or chinese physician where they will give us a form. But i understand from the lab tht u can also call up without referral but u will still need to find a doc to discuss ur results.attached is the form. Call them up.

Jus to add somethg interesting i found out. my hb went for sa test using forms given by chinese physician but i discussed the results with my gyne n she is suprised to see the detailed breakdown of what defects (oval, head defects,tale defects etc ).My gyne was telling me she only see an overall percentage for morphology and wont see these breakdown despite results came from the same lab.
hi starz88. for kkh we are given detailed breakdown on the morphology, motility etc. each individual one. nv indicate percentage..
if u go to gynae they feel a need for ur dh to test they will refer u to do up a sample n send to referred lab..

hi starz88. for kkh we are given detailed breakdown on the morphology, motility etc. each individual one. nv indicate percentage..
if u go to gynae they feel a need for ur dh to test they will refer u to do up a sample n send to referred lab..
I thk for my gyne ..she feels tht patient tends to freak out from the detailed breakdown.

hi all, i have been ttc for more than a yr already. but so far no news at all

recently went for tests for both myself and hb. reports came back and i am healthy, but hb's SA not very good. gynae has asked hb to take multivits and a french pine bark supplement and asked him to go back for test again.

hi all, i have been ttc for more than a yr already. but so far no news at all

recently went for tests for both myself and hb. reports came back and i am healthy, but hb's SA not very good. gynae has asked hb to take multivits and a french pine bark supplement and asked him to go back for test again.

Did your gynae say when he has to go back and test again?

This is the 1st time I heard of this. How true and safe is this?

I see that maca is one of the ingredients. So don't really to be this drink. Any maca related will helps.

I email to the blog owner on this drink and she did reply back, below is her reply contents

Harmoni drink is one of the most popular health supplement products from Totalife. Totalife's headquarter is located in Taiwan and with their R&D in USA. The brand has been launched internationally in Singapore, Malaysia, China, and etc, and it's in the market for more than two decades.
Link to international locations: www.totalifegroup.com:8080/contact.php
In fact, there is an official local website to find out more details on the product, but apparently it is under construction due to revamping as the company is launching online purchase somewhere in September this year.
In the meantime, you may refer to their USA or Taiwan website as well as a local FB page:
http://www.totalifeusa.com/eng/company.htm
http://www.totalife.com.tw/tw/news.htm
https://m.facebook.com/totalifemalaysia/posts/10150150396337567

As for the price, it is to be $69 per packet. Each packet contains 15 sachets which is good for about 2 weeks of consumption if taking it nightly for one person. It comes in a bundle of 3 packets.
Direction to consume is to empty each sachet into a cup of warm water, dissolve and drink before sleep every night.
This health supplement is great for various health purposes. For couple who wants to conceive or to have better sex life, I suggest both husband and wife to take on nightly basis

It also helps in promoting better sleep, and for one who suffers from joint issue, internal hormonal issue, chronic lethargic issue, insomnia or bad sleep issue, back pain, or frequent night urination issue due to prostate problem in men, and etc.

After reading all these, I still hold back on this drink. I rather drink my 'red dates, wolfberries and dried logan' drink daily

2WW is such a torture!
Am having quite a bit of creamy/milky CM these few days (sorry if it is TMI) which I didn't really have in the past.
I know CM is not a good indicator but well..

Guess I am just too anxious.

Anyway, @Kitty88, how's your test? :)

Cantaloupe, which DPO are you at?
Good luck!!

Thanks tangerinez babe! <3
I also don't know how many dpo exactly I am at as I didn't chart my bbt.

Dark positive last Monday and the intensity of the test line went much lighter on the following day, I supposed last Wednesday was 1dpo?
If so, then I am merely 6dpo.

less than 1 week and you can test!
it's so hard, the 2ww. sometimes symptoms mean BFP and sometimes they don't. Really just have to wait it out. drink more warm drinks!

I told myself i wont try this month but here i am obsessing at DPO 1 (i think. i dont chart too). LOL. ah well...

it's so hard, the 2ww. sometimes symptoms mean BFP and sometimes they don't. Really just have to wait it out. drink more warm drinks!

I told myself i wont try this month but here i am obsessing at DPO 1 (i think. i dont chart too). LOL. ah well...

Yeah, it is always an emotion roller coaster, repeating like a vicious cycle.
We are hopeful but trying hard not to pin high hope to avoid any disappointment.

*sigh*

Lol ... It's tough not to think about it completely .... This weekend will be my verdict (again).

2WW is such a torture!
Am having quite a bit of creamy/milky CM these few days (sorry if it is TMI) which I didn't really have in the past.
I know CM is not a good indicator but well..

Guess I am just too anxious.

Anyway, @Kitty88, how's your test? :)

Tell me about it... I'm DPO16 n still waiting. Zzzzzz.... Same as me I also had creamy light yellowish CM.

Tell me about it... I'm DPO16 n still waiting. Zzzzzz.... Same as me I also had creamy light yellowish CM.

Have you tested?
16dpo should be good enough to detect the minimum hCG level.

Mine is just white-ish creamy/milky like.

I think I am just too paranoid, 5/6dpo is like way too early to have any symptom.

Good luck to you :)

HI Cantaloupe,
Jus tested today FMU but is -ve. My cycle normally is 27 days, today alrdy my CD29.
So dunno wat is wrong... ytd night got cramps at left lower abdomen. Maybe AF reporting soon... DH says to test again tmr morning... but I dunno want to wait few more days?

Back