Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Embryologist didn't mention the grade to me leh. Got scale of 1 to 3? Wonder what's mine? o_O

Will CHR know cos I going back for appt tmr morning. :rolleyes:

@ Yingchian, best of luck for ET tmr.:)
CHR will ask the embryologist to get back to you through call. I forget to ask that time too, so i called CHR. But probably if embryologist didn't mention, that mean it is bad quality.

I went to do my 1st scan, blood test, and Elonva jab today. Total bill came up to $2,380 while the jab alone costs $2,247. Prof only said this is a relatively new protocol with slow releasing hormones. I guess I will just enjoy the saved 5 jabs from now to Wednesday :)

I went to do my 1st scan, blood test, and Elonva jab today. Total bill came up to $2,380 while the jab alone costs $2,247. Prof only said this is a relatively new protocol with slow releasing hormones. I guess I will just enjoy the saved 5 jabs from now to Wednesday :)
How come you know the price for today? Do you have to pay on the spot? Sorry, please correct me if I am wrong because I thought this is all include as a package?
Elonva is new protocol!!! Did you ask him how good is the new protocol? Lol

New=almost one year... He said it works quite well for the right patients. Hope I'm one of them!

Any idea wat's the targeted group of patients tt's being considered for elonva protocol?
This jab is ex...looking at $300+ per day jus for elonva..not adding suppression jabs n trigger jabs n other jabs to work hand in hand with elonva...

It gotta b good!:rolleyes:...hehe

Im seeing many new additions of baby pics to the chr board...so cute!!...n added many pair of twins...

Cld b the reason y on the emphasis of ESET coz multiples is really not easy in many perspectives(nurse telling me coz Im signing the form today to put down 1 or 2)..tough...salute to the mamas...:D

Last edited:
New=almost one year... He said it works quite well for the right patients. Hope I'm one of them!
I did elonva for my first cycle. It's a much easier protocol for first timer with much lesser jab. Prof said I am responding quite well given my age.

However, I still failed the first cycle. Hee..

monkeychick, I think elonva is given to ppl wif lower risk of ohss. Basically, it's kinda full dosage but due to older age or low ovarian reserve, no need to worry abt overstimulation. So while it seems ex to u, it's actually cheaper for us on e max dosage. Cos elonva works out to $300+ per day, but e max dosages will work out to $400+ per day!

Maybe I will check with prof again tmr if got chance.
I would like to find out too! Prof said in his seminar previously that it doesn't affect the chances of implantation. If they want to implant they will implant.. If don't implant put 2 also don't implant.. Aiyo.. But two means higher chances isn't it? More permutations: both implant, both doesn't implant, 1 implant, 1 doesn't implant.. If only transfer 1 then it's either implant or don't implant.

monkeychick, I think elonva is given to ppl wif lower risk of ohss. Basically, it's kinda full dosage but due to older age or low ovarian reserve, no need to worry abt overstimulation. So while it seems ex to u, it's actually cheaper for us on e max dosage. Cos elonva works out to $300+ per day, but e max dosages will work out to $400+ per day!

Ah I c...tks for sharing...very clear explanation...:D

@remembeRainbow,So, we still can change our mind on the morning before the ET?

The embryologist just called and informed me that my 2 embryos, one is very good quality with grading of 3 and 3 being the best for nuh. And the other one is between 2 to 3. I thought of putting 2 now, cos don't want to 'waste' the other one.

Aiyah, I am in dilemma now..
If there's only 2 then I think putting back 2 is more rational. Because if u freeze one, prof will suggest another fresh cycle if u suay suay fail.. I had 3, transferred 2.. BFN.. Left one.. So have to start another fresh.. Thawing is not 100% survival also..

What's elonva for ?
Elonva is another drug that work similarly as gonal f, pergoveris..it's a hormone injection as well. Under normal protocol, we need to do daily injection. For this,one injection replaced 7 days of injection. So imagine, u do 2 injection per day under normal protocol..elonva jab saved your from injecting 13 times..

Wahaha.. Thanks for your support! But no use lei.. There's a clause saying need to pay don't know how many days before the procedure.. Like buying insurance, got window period :(((
One thing I've learnt is... Once we decide on doing ivf, a lot of things no need to question/protest one..
Too many odds against us liao in this journey.. Just close both eyes & pay..
Most imptly must take care of our emotions, some things just gotta let go, no energy to fight those stupid SOPs.. Sighz...

Wahaha.. Thanks for your support! But no use lei.. There's a clause saying need to pay don't know how many days before the procedure.. Like buying insurance, got window period :(((

They jus need 1 competitor offering the same type of coverage then window period n $$ will change...

But i heard great eastern is the only co offering...so pay lo...monopoly wor...dun pay, we cannt proceed ET...

Close 2 eyes...

But...can b more diplomatic?dun send out letter after 13days...@#$%&*%@[email protected] ah...luckily on my 2nd bfn...i saw the letter,i jus put it aside...close eyes no see...:D:p

They jus need 1 competitor offering the same type of coverage then window period n $$ will change...

But i heard great eastern is the only co offering...so pay lo...monopoly wor...dun pay, we cannt proceed ET...

Close 2 eyes...

But...can b more diplomatic?dun send out letter after 13days...@#$%&*%@[email protected] ah...luckily on my 2nd bfn...i saw the letter,i jus put it aside...close eyes no see...:D:p
Ya man, it's second ouch seeing the letter after BFN.. What an irony right.. To get a letter saying will cover this and that for the bb despite a BFN. Really felt like punching the insurance company

I would like to find out too! Prof said in his seminar previously that it doesn't affect the chances of implantation. If they want to implant they will implant.. If don't implant put 2 also don't implant.. Aiyo.. But two means higher chances isn't it? More permutations: both implant, both doesn't implant, 1 implant, 1 doesn't implant.. If only transfer 1 then it's either implant or don't implant.

Sounds like what's meant to be will mean to be. If you are meant to have 2, it doesn't matter how many you put cuz eventually u'll still have 2. Makes me wonder all the time, if this is true, then all those who got BFP will still BFP if they never go thru IVF? :rolleyes:

Sounds like what's meant to be will mean to be. If you are meant to have 2, it doesn't matter how many you put cuz eventually u'll still have 2. Makes me wonder all the time, if this is true, then all those who got BFP will still BFP if they never go thru IVF? :rolleyes:

Mayb...but we will nvr noe now n can nvr see till we look back someday somehow...:p

Hello everyone.. can check if anyone consuming blackmores conceive well, any good feedback on taking this? It has been two weeks after my miscarriage, I wonder can I start my routine jogs again? Any advice ?

Hello everyone.. can check if anyone consuming blackmores conceive well, any good feedback on taking this? It has been two weeks after my miscarriage, I wonder can I start my routine jogs again? Any advice ?
Sorry to hear that, I think it's better for u body to rest enough before start jogging again..

I didn't know Blackmores got such supplement. U can see the contain to decide.

I took this supplement for abt 6 mths prior, all the way thru my fresh & FET cycles (had to stop tcm during treatment so at least I felt better psychologically after eating it, like I'm doing something). Whether it really helped I don't know.
Guardian/Watsons/Johnlittle sometimes sell cheap (30% off, buy2 get1 free, 2nd one at 50% etc) Can go keep a look out.

@thejewelbox
Just nice.. Saw on FB that Watson now got buy2get1free :) till 10Aug!
Thanks for sharing rememberRainbow, I will take a look tmro =) taking such vitamins don't need to inform our doc right ? I am planning to take from now till when I am ready for the next cycle. I saw there are one tab and one cap per day, is consume together right ?

Thanks for sharing rememberRainbow, I will take a look tmro =) taking such vitamins don't need to inform our doc right ? I am planning to take from now till when I am ready for the next cycle. I saw there are one tab and one cap per day, is consume together right ?
Ya one day take both. One is hard tab, one is soft gel.
Better to inform dr in case u got any condition not suitable.
This has folic acid & selenium already. So beware of overdose, don't eat any other additional.
Eg: Brazil nuts (if u are eating for lining growth) contains selenium also. Overdose is toxic.

I used Conceive Well during my fresh. Can't evaluate since bfn. However I will probably continue to buy them since it's the only thing on the market for pre-conception.

Both guardian and Watsons are supposed to have sales for it, but both were sold out in the stores near me over the weekend. Anyone seen any available recently on sale?

I used Conceive Well during my fresh. Can't evaluate since bfn. However I will probably continue to buy them since it's the only thing on the market for pre-conception.

Both guardian and Watsons are supposed to have sales for it, but both were sold out in the stores near me over the weekend. Anyone seen any available recently on sale?
I am going to chinatown point later... I can help u check the pharmacies there

Back