Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

When I started on the program I indicated 2 on my form, but nurse and my husband persuaded me on 1. I insisted to remain as 2. A few days later a friend added me to a premie group in fb
just curious why even putting one embryo will have chance of twins? that's why she say better put one.

mermaid2015 and monkeychick, sorry sorry! I din mean it tat way! My tots are if they din survive, it's like survival of e fittest and not tat we kill them. Cos after all, even when sperm meets egg naturally in e uterus, e embryo may not implant. I wun say tat we kill it. Sorry again ah, to stir up tis controversial topic!

Lolzzz...my dear.. no worries...dun say sorry ya...it's jus abt thots n sharing on this forum...
is pretty much a fact tt this can b a very controversial topic...:D
As much as we can, all of us really hope to make it happen with as little tries & embies..this we noe...haha...;)

Cos NUH protocol is if you're under 35 and it's your first attempt, they'll encourage you to transfer only one. Because they want to minimize the possibility of multiple births.

Nurses and prof didn't try persuade me too much when I said I wanted to transfer 2. I said because I wanted to increase the probability lor.

But alas! Heh..
Same here. I was thinking so hard after er.

Same here. I was thinking so hard after er.

I was strongly advised n persuaded to do 1 when I first started ivf by doc n nurses...n my hubby pretty concerned of multiples...so his stand is 1...my stand is I will go for a higher success rate choice...coz I wanna minimize the impact of ivf on my working life so hopefully get it done n over faster(wat an irony for me ya?Hehe)

Eventually, i firmly fought for 2(my hubby vs me) after I combed the internet in 2013...I dun find much studies n stats for Singapore clinics on ESET...though is really getting popular in overseas...n I did ask more abt it with Nuh but it was jus newly introduced then so not much data to share...im a data oriented person n w/o this piece of info,Im not comfortable to proceed with 1

Mostly imptly, I did not want to regret for putting in 1 shld it fail...coz since transferring 2 then either hav higher success rates or almost comparable rates(coz ESET is catching up) in overseas stats...I do not want myself to think tt I cld hav done better if I put in 2 instead of 1...

For me, It also depends on how many embryos survive on d3. If there are only 2, I don't see y I should freeze just one n risk going through the thawing process. If 3, then maybe can transfer 1 and freeze 2?

What are your opinions of PC Wong. I'm thinking of switching to PC Wong as my ivf failed before I even did the ET?

Is he patient and did he provide moral support and advise on what to do or not do?

Hi ladied, i am one of the silent reader haha. When we did our fresh last year,initially we opt to transfer 1 and signed the form. But later we changed to 2. 1 implanted and she is now 4 mths old. My thinking was it's like buying 4 d. Buy more probability to win is higher.

Hello!congratz on the arrival of ur princess..jus curious...r u the one who always post...returning eggs to zhu sheng niang niang?
I always thot u r temple coordinator/personnel...:D...im a joke!!:p

Hello!congratz on the arrival of ur princess..jus curious...r u the one who always post...returning eggs to zhu sheng niang niang?
I always thot u r temple coordinator/personnel...:D...im a joke!!:p
Oops my identity has been exposed!!! Haha yes I returned red eggs to zhu sheng niang niang in may. I split into few 'installments ' that month so I have to post a few times hahaha.

What are your opinions of PC Wong. I'm thinking of switching to PC Wong as my ivf failed before I even did the ET?

Is he patient and did he provide moral support and advise on what to do or not do?

He is my idol...the respect for him for his knowledge is so great tt I wld take all his recommendations very seriously n often followed his proposed direction...

I dun find his protocol too standard or rigid...Prof really look at it case by case..very patient despite his super tight schedule...there has nvr been a situation tt he tried to rush through my appt bcoz he's busy...nvr once...he's honest yet assuring..his punctuality is superb...

As for advices, usually only when u ask qn, he will advise accordingly... coz is difficult to giv lotsa advices w/o any qn or queries...

I discussed this with the nurse, the nurse at CHR seems not very open for us to put 2. she say it is best to put 1, saying that even if you put 1, there might be chances you get twins too. I cannot rationalize that.

I have not started my ivf program, but am thinking if given the chance, isnt transferring 2 is better? chances will be higher isnt it
Yup I was psycho-ed into putting 1 by the CHR nurses too. Think that's what NUH encourages.
But i changed my mind on the MORNING OF ET, even till that moment, they are still discouraging.
I INSISTED on 2 cos I didn't think I'd be unlucky (or "lucky"?) enough to hit the low% worst case scenario.
That 1st attempt both embbies didn't succeed. 2nd attempt they didn't discourage 2 liao.
Hmmm my view is that CHR nurses v conservative & likely they are just carrying out dr's instructions to psycho us. Most prob they nv need to do ivf so they can nv understand our struggle to increase chance la.

He is my idol...the respect for him for his knowledge is so great tt I wld take all his recommendations very seriously n often followed his proposed direction...

I dun find his protocol too standard or rigid...Prof really look at it case by case..very patient despite his super tight schedule...there has nvr been a situation tt he tried to rush through my appt bcoz he's busy...nvr once...he's honest yet assuring..his punctuality is superb...

As for advices, usually only when u ask qn, he will advise accordingly... coz is difficult to giv lotsa advices w/o any qn or queries...
Ooh that sounds really good. I'll try him then.

My current gynae did not give me any advices and every time I ask if I should do or take anything, she said it's not necessary.

Yup I was psycho-ed into putting 1 by the CHR nurses too. Think that's what NUH encourages.
But i changed my mind on the MORNING OF ET, even till that moment, they are still discouraging.
I INSISTED on 2 cos I didn't think I'd be unlucky (or "lucky"?) enough to hit the low% worst case scenario.
That 1st attempt both embbies didn't succeed. 2nd attempt they didn't discourage 2 liao.
Hmmm my view is that CHR nurses v conservative & likely they are just carrying out dr's instructions to psycho us. Most prob they nv need to do ivf so they can nv understand our struggle to increase chance la.
@remembeRainbow,So, we still can change our mind on the morning before the ET?

The embryologist just called and informed me that my 2 embryos, one is very good quality with grading of 3 and 3 being the best for nuh. And the other one is between 2 to 3. I thought of putting 2 now, cos don't want to 'waste' the other one.

Aiyah, I am in dilemma now..

The embryologist just called and informed me that my 2 embryos, one is very good quality with grading of 3 and 3 being the best for nuh. And the other one is between 2 to 3. I thought of putting 2 now, cos don't want to 'waste' the other one.

Yes can change anytime before ET. The last available opportunity will be morning of ET before u report to ward2A.
Whatever we say in here abt putting 1 or 2 is purely a personal decision based on our own unique individual situation.
Best is u list out your own factors & make the best decision for yourself. There's no right or wrong really!

Yes can change anytime before ET. The last available opportunity will be morning of ET before u report to ward2A.
Whatever we say in here abt putting 1 or 2 is purely a personal decision based on our own unique individual situation.
Best is u list out your own factors & make the best decision for yourself. There's no right or wrong really!
but if we change mind last min, do we need to prepare 2 cheques in hand? one cheque for 1 embryo & another for 2? for those w/o any cheque book that is..

but if we change mind last min, do we need to prepare 2 cheques in hand? one cheque for 1 embryo & another for 2? for those w/o any cheque book that is..
Talking about the insurance cheque, why should be pay for the insurance if none of the embryo stick? Why should we pay the insurer the price of 2 embryos if only 1 embryo sticks right? Feel like cheating us of the money.

Just to share
(I lurk around at times.. Don't mind ah)

My first fresh I put 1, didn't succeed
2nd fresh put 2, 1 succeed
3rd fresh put 2, 2 succeed

So yes, it's a game of probability
Putting two it's giving ourselves more chances..
If strike two (my case now), it's double blessing!

Embryologist didn't mention the grade to me leh. Got scale of 1 to 3? Wonder what's mine? o_O

Will CHR know cos I going back for appt tmr morning. :rolleyes:

@ Yingchian, best of luck for ET tmr.:)

Ooh that sounds really good. I'll try him then.

My current gynae did not give me any advices and every time I ask if I should do or take anything, she said it's not necessary.
Actually prof does not think we need any supplements other than folic acid. But if you bring in your supplement he will advise you which one you can continue and which u can stop.
I asked him what supplement or diet I should on after bfp. He answered nope, just eat like normal.

How to collect the red eggs?
Some mummies will return red eggs to zhu sheng niang niang at tpy temple. For me,i returned eggs there and placed in front of zhu sheng niang niang and i posted in forums so that ladies trying to conceive may collect from there n bring home eat with hubby for blessings. I too collected from the temple last year. Prayers answered and in return a token to zhu sheng niang niang

I was told that the percentage for 2 to implant was 20 something for my age 38. I am obese, high blood, but didn't know was diabetic. So was so called ok to put 2.. Now that I really preg with twins and diagnosed with high blood high sugar. Am overly stressed on the development of the babies if I don't stick on a very strict diet and cannot put on any weight by 25 weeks and no more than 3-5kg of weight. I wished I had discussed more of my condition before I put in 2 embies.

On morning of ET, before u report to ward2A for the procedure, u have to go CHR to submit cheque 1st. I brought a blank cheque there to fill up on the spot.
That was when I did the change, need to cancel the "1" to "2".. & both hub & I need to countersign.

Wah! so many posts this morning! i just woke up! :) Thanks for all the well wishes! I think a bit tough this time round, having a lot of brown discharges. Which means few days old bleeding. Some fresh blood also. I'm ok lah, not too sad. Taking everything in stride lor. Just that i thought this is a worse scenario than BFN. It's a positive then miscarriage all within a day. I'm still taking all the support that Prof has given so still holding out for the BT tml! :) The silver lining is my implantation success rate is high. haha! Must always find the silver lining in all things. Jia you everyone!

With regard to the 1 or 2 embryos debate, its really personal. But judging from the photos in Prof's room, there were quite a few triplets lor, so last time he did transfer 3 too. The ESET is a v recent policy. For me it will be 2 to increase my chances! :)

And someone asked about whether Prof is good? He is the best! I love his punctuality! For follicle monitoring period, i will reach the clinic before 8 to be his first patient and i will manage to get bk to office before 9am lor. Minimal interruption to work! and so patient! and understanding! you get the gist! I'm a fan girl! :D

I was told that the percentage for 2 to implant was 20 something for my age 38. I am obese, high blood, but didn't know was diabetic. So was so called ok to put 2.. Now that I really preg with twins and diagnosed with high blood high sugar. Am overly stressed on the development of the babies if I don't stick on a very strict diet and cannot put on any weight by 25 weeks and no more than 3-5kg of weight. I wished I had discussed more of my condition before I put in 2 embies.
Jia you gal! I'm sure u will get thru this tough period. We are all strong women in here ya?
A few yrs later u will get to look back & smile cos u endured all these to enjoy your 2 darlings :) I'd still be struggling & popping hormone pills trying for #2..

Thanks everyone for the active 'participation' on whether to put 1 or 2..

Haa..this is really a good avenue to sought for advice..

I thanks all of you!!

Embryologist didn't mention the grade to me leh. Got scale of 1 to 3? Wonder what's mine? o_O

Will CHR know cos I going back for appt tmr morning. :rolleyes:

@ Yingchian, best of luck for ET tmr.:)
Just peep your file!!!! Inside got a detailed embryologist report.
Nurse/prof won't show us that report one.
I peeped & took photo while waiting for prof to come from next door heheh

Talking about the insurance cheque, why should be pay for the insurance if none of the embryo stick? Why should we pay the insurer the price of 2 embryos if only 1 embryo sticks right? Feel like cheating us of the money.
the feeling is worse when the letter reach u after u BFN. :(

This is one sum of $ very often there's alot of grumpy feelings...lolzz...

Actually prof does not think we need any supplements other than folic acid. But if you bring in your supplement he will advise you which one you can continue and which u can stop.
I asked him what supplement or diet I should on after bfp. He answered nope, just eat like normal.

Hehe..Tt's very prof's reply....:rolleyes::D

It's MY file... MY info.. abt MY body... MY embryos!!!
Who has more rights to the info than ME?!? Agree? :p

Oppz...i took a copy of the report this time round.. started off with doing it sneakily...flipping n peeping then tried to take a pic...then all the pics i took not focus...so in the end i asked...can i hav a copy lo...:D

very detailed...can see ur every embryo daily status...n g1-g3...

Last edited:

Fighting fighting fighting queby....muackz
All the stress is worthwhile for ur twinsies...;)

Oppz...i took a copy of the report this time round.. started off with doing it sneakily...flipping n peeping then tried to take a pic...then all the pics i took not focus...so in the end i asked...can i hav a copy lo...:D

very detailed...can see ur every embryo dailt status...n g1-g3...
I tired to ask for it but nurse say cannot leh, I shall try again

Back