IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi jkoh, thanks thanks!!! Looks like TSB's med is much cheaper than dr zou.

Btw, how abt consultation chg n her med is it juz powder then mix wif water? TIA.
For the med price depend on the type of herbs she prescribes. My consultation is $27 and medi per packet is $12.50. Brew type. use those electric herb pot to brew. can get from taobao. 1 packet of herbs can brew 2 bowls to drink for 2 days. mine is drink 2 days rest 3 days.

Last edited:
Oh u also natural fet ar....how u take bbt ar?? This will be my first visit n i also want to knw abt her charges n how to drink her herbs. Have u been with her all the while. Is this ur first fet? Mine first. Have to call kk day 1 menses...n see how.
@mesara I am with TSB for a yr plus. I measure temperature every morning when I wake up and record in fertility friend app in mobile. Then transfer to temp chart TSB give when I go for my appointment. My July chart look like this. My ovulation on D12. Quite useful for my natural fet as I will know if I ovulate and expect ard when.

Screenshot_2015-07-31-09-10-57-1.png

My ivf is a failure before the ET.

I had 15 eggs but in the end only 1 fertilized normally. And that too, I have to wait for a call today if it's splitting normally. If it's fine then I'll have to freeze it first and then next mth thaw it. If it survives then I can do the ET.

:-(

hi jus to check if anyone with dr tan tse yuen of kkh?
i not sure about him so has requested for dr tan hh.
jus got referred for procedure in nov

Sorry tsf, mis read your qns. Let me ask her in aug. I took her medicine for 1 year only starting ivf mid aug so not sure how many times do i need to see her when ivf started.
Thanks jkoh. I'm
Thinking to switching tcm and see her.

@wonderfuljoy congrats to you. Can share what u did for this cycle. Is this yr first ivf which doc pls. Did you do tcm and any special diet that helped....thanks thanks
Have a safe n smooth pregnancy ahead gal.

Hi Lemon tart, may i know y u gv up on her after 9 mths? TIA
Mostly cos the waiting time was painful and boiling med was troublesome. And half the time let her scold cos the prob is with my hubby but he did not want to see her. Her med is good though. But I just got tired of all the queuing and still no BFP

Mostly cos the waiting time was painful and boiling med was troublesome. And half the time let her scold cos the prob is with my hubby but he did not want to see her. Her med is good though. But I just got tired of all the queuing and still no BFP
Hi lemon tart, oic...thanks for sharing..:)

Last edited:
Hi All,

I'm new here. I went through once IUI from private gynae and was unsuccessful. I was thinking of changing to KKH. I would wish to know the procedures and the amount that I will need to fork out. Thank U in advance.

My ivf is a failure before the ET.

I had 15 eggs but in the end only 1 fertilized normally. And that too, I have to wait for a call today if it's splitting normally. If it's fine then I'll have to freeze it first and then next mth thaw it. If it survives then I can do the ET.

:-(
Hugs. Which hospital are you with?

Thanks jkoh. I'm
Thinking to switching tcm and see her.
She can be quite fierce. I always kena for not measuring temperature. I'm thinking since I'm doing ivf why bother measuring temperature in the morning. But after taking her medicine im period is getting regular from 45 days to 30-34 days so i just stick to her loh.... just pre-empt you first. :)

Hahaha lemontart... i share your sentiment. I'm also scared of her scolding

Hi everyone... I wil be goin for my Ivf at sgh this coming October. According to my dr they will gv me 2wks of hospitalisation leave during the process. I want to know... Do you tell ur bosses that you will be going for 2wks HL earlier or do you only tell dem on the actual day you will be given the HL which is when you will be doing the Ivf.
@Daniz, I inform earlier 1mth in advance tat I have a ops to do e.g most likely is wat month so I don't say exact date cos need to wait for mense , then say will inform him when doc confirm *keep it private fro my boss.

Hi everyone... I wil be goin for my Ivf at sgh this coming October. According to my dr they will gv me 2wks of hospitalisation leave during the process. I want to know... Do you tell ur bosses that you will be going for 2wks HL earlier or do you only tell dem on the actual day you will be given the HL which is when you will be doing the Ivf.

I will recommend to inform your supervisor n boss abt this and request for them to keep it low profile

Because u will need alot of time off to go for yr scans and blood tests n u may need understanding frm them..

Furthermore aft the et, i think it is suggested that u bed rest for the next two to three days and let the uterus be as quiet as possible ..cus thats when the implantation take place...u wouldnt want yr office to keep bothering u when u need to relax yr mind n haf a good rest =)

Jus my thoughts cus im scheduled for my FET end aug! Hope all goes well!

hi i face the same issue. but i told my tl way before i know my scheduled appt. jus say it will be end of year.
felt shld say since i know there will be lots of visits to the hosp and the expected 2 weeks HL.
but i do face another issue now is that my boss n tl mentioned not to clash the HL with other team members. which technically is hard to avoid esp end of year.
main thing is will be telling my tl n boss to jus keep it to themselves n will say im on leave instead. as for my team members will jus briefly either say im gg for a small surgery or gg on leave ba..:confused:

hi i face the same issue. but i told my tl way before i know my scheduled appt. jus say it will be end of year.
felt shld say since i know there will be lots of visits to the hosp and the expected 2 weeks HL.
but i do face another issue now is that my boss n tl mentioned not to clash the HL with other team members. which technically is hard to avoid esp end of year.
main thing is will be telling my tl n boss to jus keep it to themselves n will say im on leave instead. as for my team members will jus briefly either say im gg for a small surgery or gg on leave ba..:confused:

Yeap! Thats the same thing i told them..that im going for a small surgery n will be away for 2 wks..but the colleagues around are asking what surgery am i going for and i often got stuck in a difficult position...

Yeap! Thats the same thing i told them..that im going for a small surgery n will be away for 2 wks..but the colleagues around are asking what surgery am i going for and i often got stuck in a difficult position...
me too! my team members kept asking what surgery is it and what happen etc. felt like jus saying an appendix surgery hahaha! :p
still gotta think of how to ans my boss if he says i cant go in nov.. hopefully not! dont wish to postpone my plans any further..

Hi all, can I chk with sisters who did their first fresh cycle with kkh. How's the payment portion like? I understand there's no need to come out with cash. I got the impression that they deduct the entire amount say $12k from medisave first? Then what about the govt Co-funding of eg $6300, do they credit back to medisave or issue a cheque?
Thanks for clarifying my doubts

Hi all, can I chk with sisters who did their first fresh cycle with kkh. How's the payment portion like? I understand there's no need to come out with cash. I got the impression that they deduct the entire amount say $12k from medisave first? Then what about the govt Co-funding of eg $6300, do they credit back to medisave or issue a cheque?
Thanks for clarifying my doubts
for kkh, they will deduct balance medisave at the end of the entire fresh procedure. govt grant is also accounted for. You can see the grant and deductions when the send the receipt over.

hi jus to check if anyone with dr tan tse yuen of kkh?
i not sure about him so has requested for dr tan hh.
jus got referred for procedure in nov
Dr Tan Tse Yuen is a female Dr. She is under the subsidized group of Drs for infertility n is an associate consultant. If u have requested for Dr Tan HH, HOD of KKIVF, U will be charged as a private rate patient.

I was under the care of Dr Tan TS but recently had chg under the care of Dr Tan HH to seek a 2nd opinion. Personally , I feel more comfortable and confident under the care of Dr Tan HH as he is very convincing n experience.

Be mentally prepared to wait patiently avg between 1-2hrs from appt time with Dr Tan HH as he is a very busy Dr.

Dr Tan Tse Yuen is a female Dr. She is under the subsidized group of Drs for infertility n is an associate consultant. If u have requested for Dr Tan HH, HOD of KKIVF, U will be charged as a private rate patient.

I was under the care of Dr Tan TS but recently had chg under the care of Dr Tan HH to seek a 2nd opinion. Personally , I feel more comfortable and confident under the care of Dr Tan HH as he is very convincing n experience.

Be mentally prepared to wait patiently avg between 1-2hrs from appt time with Dr Tan HH as he is a very busy Dr.
thanks a lot baby1979!
then i think i might know who le. lady with high cheekbone n long hair?? looks very young...
i check with the nurse there n with the one who called. was told once in kkivf centre, will be charged like private patient le. so wont have difference. only if successful then see gynae under her will still be subsidized. (if my understanding is correct).
was also told by nurse is if i want to be under HH Tan then have to set an appt with him 1st. so already set an appt to see him and go through the review again but confirm procedure in nov le.
actually i prefer female doc but yet i want someone really experienced in ivf... afterall we also hope can one time strike...plus here strongly reco him
:)

Hi ladies is it too early to use clearblue digital to test tml? Tml is my 11dp2dt
It really differs across ladies if there can be accurate results then. If u are really anxious and the results if positive, good... if negative, dun despair yet coz there may not be enough hcg in the blood stream.

hi ladies, just need to check for kkh, any differences in the ivf cost for subsidised patient and non subsidised patient? cos nurse told me once referred to kkivf is considered under private.
but i read somewhere tat for nuh, there is still a difference in subsidised or non subsidised patients.
jus concern and hope i wont need to fork out too much cash since will be my first fresh cycle

Kissryl,

Another female dr u can consider will be Dr Sadhana.. :)

She's the director of Kkivf & senior consultant too..

Hope it helps.. Good luck!

Kissryl,

Another female dr u can consider will be Dr Sadhana.. :)

She's the director of Kkivf & senior consultant too..

Hope it helps.. Good luck!

hi faith bb thanks! :)
i read on dr sadhana before but i asked someone before and she say to go for dr tan hh. so mmmm, i think i will jus stick to him since i have set an appt for him.

Back