IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hey

I did ivf after lap twice....both times I had lucrin to suppress menses and ovulation and 10 weeks later I started stim and both cycle bfp. So don't worry...this protocol seems to work. Me also endo n adeno and hubby morph issue. But icsi can overcome this issue I believe. Just concentrate on building up health in the 10 weeks before ivf. I did not have menses when I started stim. But the lining and eggies grow after stim.

Hi, good to hear about your bfp. Did u go tcm to tiao your body during this 10 weeks?

Maybe u want to use this 3 mths to tiao ur body with tcm. Cos aft ops will be weak. If possible try natural. Doc oso told me aft lap try natural got chance cos is clean inside now. But tink i didnt work hard enuf.

Hi purpledragon, that was what happen to me after 1st lap. They say after lap inside very clean, but nth happen to me. after jab went off, think my endo recur 5 mths later. Haiz.

Hi, I'm new to this... but I have a few qns and hope that anyone with Similar experience can advise me

Our Condition
Me : PCOS and Thalassemia minor
Hubby : Thalassemia minor

We lost our baby 2 year ago as we discover that he was a Thalassemia Major inheriting the Gens from Me and Hubby. The chances is about 1/4 that the baby would be a major for our case. Doctor has advised us that we can still try as per normal with the assistance of clomid as we still have a 75% chance of having a healthy baby. We have been trying for the past 2 year however there is no result.

We are looking into IVF. We understand that to be 100% sure that the baby do not inherit the Thalassemia Gens from me and hubby, we should go for PGD.

Qns:
- We understand that the cost of PGD is about 10k or above, How is the payment like? One short or by phrase?
- How does the PGD work?
- Has any parent with the same condition (eg Gens issue) go ahead with IVF without PGD?
- Whats the time frame like from consultation to the final IVF?

Hope to hear from anyone soon... =)

Hi dear, i dont think bhcg numbers really mean much on its own. You will need two sets of numbers 48hrs apart to read anything meaningful. Have seen sisters here with even higher numbers on BT day like 2000+. They went on to have normal pregnancies.

For me, I was twice mistakenly diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy becos my bhcg was btwn 1500-2000+ and the docs couldn't find the sac. I also went in to O&G with bad cramps so the docs immediately suggested it could be ectopic and wanted me to do D&C the very night. I pushed for more detailed scans at KKH imaging and diagnostic centre. To me, even if docs didn't manage to find the sac in my womb, i need to know it's really located outside of womb like in the fallopian tube etc. And both times, they managed to locate the sac during the detailed scan though it took more than an hour as I was told I have a high riding cervix hence the difficulty in visualising during early pregnancy.

I was also asked to retake my bhcg levels and the numbers were doubling as it shd. Jts.

However, if u r having spotting and experiencing persistent cramps on one side of your abdomen, pls go to O&G to chk it out. Pain in shoulder is also a tell tale indication of ectopic.

All the best and take care!
Thx u for sharing! I might have been silly to just do D/c, just because my doc say so ...OK I shld remember to push for more scans if need to. I wasn't ask to do a 2nd BT just to see that the hcg levels are increasing steadily. I have occasional cramps, very nauseated but nv vomit, no appetite & some slight spotting. Will finally be able to scan only next Thurs. ..sigh...can't wait to see heart beat...have been trying for 6 yrs...

Jia you everyone!

Hi purpledragon, that was what happen to me after 1st lap. They say after lap inside very clean, but nth happen to me. after jab went off, think my endo recur 5 mths later. Haiz.

For me i took jab to stop menses for 6 mths twice. Cos that time not yet customary. Second time i was on pills.

Hi, I'm new to this... but I have a few qns and hope that anyone with Similar experience can advise me

Our Condition
Me : PCOS and Thalassemia minor
Hubby : Thalassemia minor

We lost our baby 2 year ago as we discover that he was a Thalassemia Major inheriting the Gens from Me and Hubby. The chances is about 1/4 that the baby would be a major for our case. Doctor has advised us that we can still try as per normal with the assistance of clomid as we still have a 75% chance of having a healthy baby. We have been trying for the past 2 year however there is no result.

We are looking into IVF. We understand that to be 100% sure that the baby do not inherit the Thalassemia Gens from me and hubby, we should go for PGD.

Qns:
- We understand that the cost of PGD is about 10k or above, How is the payment like? One short or by phrase?
- How does the PGD work?
- Has any parent with the same condition (eg Gens issue) go ahead with IVF without PGD?
- Whats the time frame like from consultation to the final IVF?

Hope to hear from anyone soon... =)
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I can only answer some of your questions with regards to PGD based on my experience so far with PGD.

I did my PGD overseas so in this particular clinic, payment of PGD is done only after PGD is performed. And it is made in one payment which include icsi and freezing of successful blastocyst. How it works in my case is they retrieve the oocytes, fertilised it to day 5 and day 6 to see how many successful fertilisation up to tt stage. Any unsuccessful ones will be discarded. The clinic called me one week after egg retrieval to inform me of how many successful blastocyst as these successful ones will be freeze. (The number being freezed is important cos that's also what my payment is based on) Only these successful blastocyst will undergo PGD. Two weeks later they called me to tell me the results. The PGD results also included what the grades are for the successful blastocyst and the gender. The ones that are unsuccessful will then be discarded but they will tell you why it was discarded e.g the number of chromosomes it's missing.

I flew in n did my egg retrieval so i only paid for PGD the next time i saw them (after the icsi, freezing n PGD had taken place). I got the feeling that the clinic was pretty cool with it if I had wanted to stagger my payment cos the blastocyst is with them anyway and no transfer had taken place yet. I paid about S $7,500 for my PGD.

Time frame from consultation to IVF varies between clinics. Mine first appointment can range from 1 to 1.5months from calling. After first scan during first appointment, if no problem to begin ivf, we could collect the hormone injection n once menses come, they hv a schedule to follow to start the injection. But tt again on individuals history n situation.

Not sure if this helps.

That means you are pregnant, congrats!

Today is 12dp3dt, still not much symptoms except some bloating coz been eating a lot. I'm too scared to test in case results are negative....

No symptom is a good sign, and good appetite is a plus.
Be positive!!look forward to the good news.

Hello,
Anyone doing Aug cycle where Dr Tan wont be available to do the ER and ET as informed by Kkh that he will be on course for 2 weeks

Hi ladies, any of u experience the Utrogestan coming out after insert for few hour? Last few day when I shower I saw the white thingy came out, sort of messy! sian...

Last edited:
Hello,
Anyone doing Aug cycle where Dr Tan wont be available to do the ER and ET as informed by Kkh that he will be on course for 2 weeks

Hihi, me doing Aug fresh with Dr THH as well. I understand he is away from 18-28 Aug, still not sure if I will be affected by his absence as my menses came on 16 July though my cycle can range from 28-40 days.
If affected, not sure who is covering him? I heard that Dr Matthew Lau will be away for 2 years starting from tmr. See Dr THH as a private patient so hoping will be covered by a senior and experienced doc during his absence.
What about you?

@mesara, @Celestialbaby

Thanks the quick replies. I went to go back and see Dr Loh for 2nd opinion. He said my 10mm prolpy dun need to remove now cos he thinks it's rather small. Most importantly is to get my eggs out before end Aug go to claim my grant. I guess is as someone said, NUH is more conservative, they wanna make sure things are more "properly" prepared. But after this cycle, i may want to get it remove so that my uterus is totally clean.

Hi ladies, any of u experience the Utrogestan coming out after insert for few hour? Last few day when I shower I saw the white thingy came out, sort of messy! sian...

Hi for me mine is still ok except that there will be some white particles when I pee. The nurse told me to insert as deep as possible.

Hihi, me doing Aug fresh with Dr THH as well. I understand he is away from 18-28 Aug, still not sure if I will be affected by his absence as my menses came on 16 July though my cycle can range from 28-40 days.
If affected, not sure who is covering him? I heard that Dr Matthew Lau will be away for 2 years starting from tmr. See Dr THH as a private patient so hoping will be covered by a senior and experienced doc during his absence.
What about you?
Kkh last informed is replaced by Dr Sadahna or Jerry Chan. So I'm not sure which is most preferred. Am still thinking about it.

Either dr jerry chan or dr Sadhana will be good too.

Both have good success rate..

Dr Sadhana is very senior in this area too.

For my 3 fresh under dr Sadhana, 2 succeed (under long protocols)

So have faith and be positive!
Most important our body is in ideal stage. :)

Sisters can I check with you does the ovulation line get darker and darker near ovulation time or its normal to see 2 line all the time even when not near ovulation .

Hello,
Me...my cycle was on 18 jul so I believe 18 aug shud be my cd1. But since fet think transfer will be early sep bah...Dr THH shud be back liao I think

Sisters can I check with you does the ovulation line get darker and darker near ovulation time or its normal to see 2 line all the time even when not near ovulation .

I think quite normal to see OPK with 2 lines but unlike HPT, the test line must be as dark or darker to be considered as a positive OPK.

We will be cycle buddies! Good luck to us

I think quite normal to see OPK with 2 lines but unlike HPT, the test line must be as dark or darker to be considered as a positive OPK.

We will be cycle buddies! Good luck to us
Actually for me I only see two lines near o... if not o will not have the second line or is super faint type

Do u have PCOS? I read somewhere that LH levels are relatively higher for PCOS cases.. I'm like that.. So I would take photos to observe the second line.. It's almost always present nearer to the supposed ovulation date

@littlejo ME! Predicted next AF will be 27 Aug. Looking forward for my 1st fet next month. @mesara How are you? Any cycle buddies beside @mesara and @dramaqueenie ?
Am fine...started tcm twice a week.....hoping and praying for best not just for me but all of us here.....let's jia you to achieve our goals.

I am still with dr que tangshan for acu but am not taking his herbs as this time will want to try tsb herbs. And since he dr que don't do acu after et have to go to Dr zou. Will be running around singapore like mad I can imagine. Haha. My appt with tsb next week. But am v scared. U heard she scold ppl who do natural fet and Dr tan wants me to do natural fet. Scared....this journey already so tough still got people scold. ..haiya

Am fine...started tcm twice a week.....hoping and praying for best not just for me but all of us here.....let's jia you to achieve our goals.

I am still with dr que tangshan for acu but am not taking his herbs as this time will want to try tsb herbs. And since he dr que don't do acu after et have to go to Dr zou. Will be running around singapore like mad I can imagine. Haha. My appt with tsb next week. But am v scared. U heard she scold ppl who do natural fet and Dr tan wants me to do natural fet. Scared....this journey already so tough still got people scold. ..haiya
I just seen her yesterday. I oso gg to do natural fet. she din scold wor. just tat she always want me to do BBT. So troublesome. I complain to her can stop then she said no. :eek:

I just seen her yesterday. I oso gg to do natural fet. she din scold wor. just tat she always want me to do BBT. So troublesome. I complain to her can stop then she said no. :eek:
Hi twinkletot n mesara, wat is the charges like seeing TSB? All the best to both of u on ur coming cycle!!! :)

Oh u also natural fet ar....how u take bbt ar?? This will be my first visit n i also want to knw abt her charges n how to drink her herbs. Have u been with her all the while. Is this ur first fet? Mine first. Have to call kk day 1 menses...n see how.

Hi jkoh, thanks thanks!!! Looks like TSB's med is much cheaper than dr zou.

Btw, how abt consultation chg n her med is it juz powder then mix wif water? TIA.
75 to 95 include her consulation charges.
But medicine must brew for abt 80 mins. Not those mix with water... so can be abit siong.

Hi everyone... I wil be goin for my Ivf at sgh this coming October. According to my dr they will gv me 2wks of hospitalisation leave during the process. I want to know... Do you tell ur bosses that you will be going for 2wks HL earlier or do you only tell dem on the actual day you will be given the HL which is when you will be doing the Ivf.

Hi everyone... I wil be goin for my Ivf at sgh this coming October. According to my dr they will gv me 2wks of hospitalisation leave during the process. I want to know... Do you tell ur bosses that you will be going for 2wks HL earlier or do you only tell dem on the actual day you will be given the HL which is when you will be doing the Ivf.
Hi, i guess it depends on how close your relationship with your boss. But, as a responsible employee, I think it's better for us to inform our boss earlier (maybe one or two week) so that the boss can hv some backup during our absence.

Back