(2016/03) March 2016 Babies!!

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I was tested positive last month when I missed my menses by a week and based on the EDD I could be due 3rd March! I think I am in my second month of pregnancy now but have yet to see a gynae. It's my first pregnancy so I'm really clueless about what and how to go about.

I was reading around that some people actually go to polyclinic to ask for referral to hospital as subsidized patient but it's only applicable for B2 or C wards? If I plan to take a package under B1, should I just go to KKH directly as a private patient to make my first gynae appointment?

hi fellow mummies, I just tested positive on the kit. it's my first pregnancy. I am a bit worried as I will be going on a long trip next week. I actually called my gynae and the nurse did say I can visit the gynae after my trip (which is mid Aug by then).
Is it ok? How do you count the number of weeks?
Is it by the date of conceive? I roughly know the date as my period is regular.
So far I did not have any experience on morning sickness and etc. I just have a voracious appetite.

Last edited:
hi fellow mummies, I just tested positive on the kit. it's my first pregnancy. I am a bit worried as I will be going on a long trip next week. I actually called my gynae and the nurse did say I can visit the gynae after my trip (which is mid Aug by then).
Is it ok? How do you count the number of weeks?
Is it by the date of conceive? I roughly know the date as my period is regular.
So far I did not have any experience on morning sickness and etc. I just have a voracious appetite.

i visit my gynae when i'm in wk4, the gynae ask me cancel all my holiday trips and even wrote a letter for me to help me claim something back. i cancel my bangkok holiday (i'm wk 5 then) and also cancel my malacca trip next week (will be week 7).

but mine is pregnant with twins via IUI, so the gynae say i have to be very careful.

twin_wk6.jpg

i having twins... 1 is wk6 day2, another is wk6 day4..
gynae say growth is good, heart beat also good...

congrats pixie!!

I used the same calculator as what pixie used. Is pretty accurate. My EDD was just a day difference from the one the calculator showed.
OK. I tried it. Mine will be 4th apr. Called and check with the recep and they say is able to go for a check once I got a positive. Told the recep is a light want. She say OK. Can get to see an appt.

the earliest appointment i could get with Dr Benjamin is in mid August. Any other doctors you guys recommend in TMC besides him ? also quite worried that he is overbooked as well incase of emergency.

the earliest appointment i could get with Dr Benjamin is in mid August. Any other doctors you guys recommend in TMC besides him ? also quite worried that he is overbooked as well incase of emergency.
U can try dr paul tseng, he was one of my choosen gynae for my first pregnancy. Read reviews that he is v pro natural

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone's doing fine. I had very bad all day sickness that I went dr for medication. But I'm better cos I hope I don't go for drip.

Congrats @pixie ng , I might be having twins as well! haha..That's y the sickness is very bad for us.

ya...that's my gynae told me too... if now i feel bad, she asked me to prepare to get worse in very near future :confused:

Let's pray that our sickness only last till the end of 1st trimester. I told my hubby trying to get pregnant is tough and after getting pregnant is even tougher. I didn't expect that it will be this tough..Give birth one time good enough, regardless boys or girls..lolx

My beanies are one at the bottom and one at the top where else yours is side by side. So cute.

Let's pray that our sickness only last till the end of 1st trimester. I told my hubby trying to get pregnant is tough and after getting pregnant is even tougher. I didn't expect that it will be this tough..Give birth one time good enough, regardless boys or girls..lolx

My beanies are one at the bottom and one at the top where else yours is side by side. So cute.

ya.. my partner also ask me whether factory close after giving birth to twins. i told him after i survive to full term, give birth to 2 healthy babies then i will tell him my answer. as for now, my brain only got 1 sentence "Please let me pass this day with ease & comfort" *pray reallly very very hard*

i think you are 1 week older than me? so i think sooner or later, my babies will move to one bottom one top i guess...

ya.. my partner also ask me whether factory close after giving birth to twins. i told him after i survive to full term, give birth to 2 healthy babies then i will tell him my answer. as for now, my brain only got 1 sentence "Please let me pass this day with ease & comfort" *pray reallly very very hard*

i think you are 1 week older than me? so i think sooner or later, my babies will move to one bottom one top i guess...

No leh, I think you concieve a few days earlier than me. I did my IUI on 1 Jul. Told my husband I giving him a big birthday present but he is getting 2 now. I hope I'm well for the staycation tomolo to celebrate his birthday.

Hello mummies;)
I feel like sharing..I am so sick and tired of my job..however,I can't leave my job given my situation now..how???i feel like quitting but nobody will wanna hire me given my situation now.what should I do:(

Hormones be it taken orally or jab can have undesirable side effects depending on individual but mostly it just more serious PMS symptoms
cross my fingers on the side effects, if there are any then let me be the one to be affected and not the bb.. i'm now most worried about the lack of symptoms.. cant help but wonder if i am normal.. how come no nausea and no sore boobs??

Hi Sereneleee,

Try not to quit now. Hard to find a job once the new company knows you are pregnant. Just hold on till after maternity leave finish then quit after that.
Unless if your current job is making you so stress till affecting the baby's growth then you should seriously consider properly.

Moreover,if I quit..i will lose the maternity benefits..I am really stress out right now..

hihi, is it really very bad that you really can't bear to go to work everyday? It's a big waste/ pity to give up on the ML benefits. unless the work is affecting your mood so much that it affects the bb then you will need to make a choice. try to relax and dun stress yourself out too much.. for me, my co is closing down with the last day being in aug, so i have no choice and i have also stopped actively applying for any jobs since i think noone will want to employ a preggie..

I hate my job and is a very stressful environment.However,my hubby also tell me to stay on and bear with it.Or else,switch to Another position.but I told my boss,and my boss is leaving.he told me he can't help much..how?who do I look for?Hr?

My emotional has been ups n down.and I can't control myself.i often shout and argue about my work stress at work until he also can't take it anymore.i felt really stress out and demoralize.

No leh, I think you concieve a few days earlier than me. I did my IUI on 1 Jul. Told my husband I giving him a big birthday present but he is getting 2 now. I hope I'm well for the staycation tomolo to celebrate his birthday.
oh..then i earlier than you..coz my IUI is 26 June..haha...

Hello mummies;)
I feel like sharing..I am so sick and tired of my job..however,I can't leave my job given my situation now..how???i feel like quitting but nobody will wanna hire me given my situation now.what should I do:(

i already told my colleagues about my pregnancy, and they have told the boss. i also told my boss before once i give birth, i'm not going back to work liao. i just hanging on because of the monthly salary, AWS, bonus and maternity leave.

My emotional has been ups n down.and I can't control myself.i often shout and argue about my work stress at work until he also can't take it anymore.i felt really stress out and demoralize.

maybe preggies tend to be more emotional dun worry too much about that but it will be good to keep yourself happy with positive tots so do try your best. as for job wise, it is usually the immediate boss that you should tok to, but since he is unwilling to do anything, perhaps you could speak to HR and request for a transfer if possible.
if money is not a big issue, then just heck care and throw the letter if it makes you feel better. at the end of the day, your bb is probably more impt than anything else in the world..

I hate my job and is a very stressful environment.However,my hubby also tell me to stay on and bear with it.Or else,switch to Another position.but I told my boss,and my boss is leaving.he told me he can't help much..how?who do I look for?Hr?
mind as well apply for unpaid leave if gynae cannot give HL...
i have colleague, work 1 week disappear for 1 month, then subsequently 1 year leave...

now my company business not very good, so i quite free.. if really busy, i will take unpaid leave.. i also preempt my boss about this.

I took mc for the past few days already.I think I went overboard.I felt that colleagues are gossiping I am so irresponsible.however,none of them know I am p.

Back