Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

@MonkeyChick

I'm glad to hear that u have come to be at peace with your life. I don't think that signals the end for u, in fact I see it as a new beginning for u & hubby.. It must have been really tough making such a decision & I salute u for all the attempts u have gone thru.
I always felt that I want to share my experiences with more people in here cos I don't wish to go thru 3 yrs+ of nonsense without being a blessing to others on the same boat. This is my way of paying forward. I believe u have done much better than me in this aspect.
This thread would've been very different without u. I wish u well for this very last cycle... Whatever life throws at u, never lose 2 things - hope & your smile :)

@MonkeyChick

I'm glad to hear that u have come to be at peace with your life. I don't think that signals the end for u, in fact I see it as a new beginning for u & hubby.. It must have been really tough making such a decision & I salute u for all the attempts u have gone thru.
I always felt that I want to share my experiences with more people in here cos I don't wish to go thru 3 yrs+ of nonsense without being a blessing to others on the same boat. This is my way of paying forward. I believe u have done much better than me in this aspect.
This thread would've been very different without u. I wish u well for this very last cycle... Whatever life throws at u, never lose 2 things - hope & your smile :)

Thanks alot!
N I hav to say...u always make me tear...the last phrase..."watever life throws at u, never lose 2 things - hope & your smile"...thanks...i hav lost quite abit of them along the journey...i will recover them, keep them well n bring them with me to the next chapter of my life....muackz...:D

@MonkeyChick

Making me tear somemore... sniff sniff... I like what u say abt paying forward cuz I feel the same way... subconsciously that motivates me to participate in open threads and not be silent reader. If I need to suffer a long ttc journey, might as well have some fun and meet likeminded sisters in the same journey!

@MonkeyChick

I've read with mixed feelings on your chosen route.

On one hand, I believe you know best where you wanna be and what you wanna do in life. On the other hand, I'm beginning to feel a void.... to lose a bubbly, cheeky sister.

Be it..... 请加油!

@lucasmum11 ,
Have ur spotting subsided?
Tmr is D-Day!...all the best n staying tune to forum....:)
Yesterday still got some brown discharge. Today so far so good! thanks for remembering! :) Last day of my 2ww!!!! Finally BT day tml! So in the end, i didn't get HPT, just go snd do test tml. Don't wanna waste the money. heehee. I'll likely be at CHR by 815am to wait for them to open door!

Yesterday still got some brown discharge. Today so far so good! thanks for remembering! :) Last day of my 2ww!!!! Finally BT day tml! So in the end, i didn't get HPT, just go snd do test tml. Don't wanna waste the money. heehee. I'll likely be at CHR by 815am to wait for them to open door!

Fighting!If it's not common for u to spot..sounds good news ya...;)

Hi @cowmoomoo welcome!
The situation you asked is what I just went through. ER is not pain. I never been through ET so can't advise on that. For my case, there is no fertilization seen therefore it is stop at ER. Yup, the 16days MC is given on ER day but I was told that once you are feeling well, you can go to work. This is so because you may want to keep the HL for your next IVF cycle. Will been having a appointment with Prof next week and see what he recommend next.
Have you started you IVF? Currently at which stage?
Hello, I was referred from Polyclinic to CHR. Just seen Prof to go with IVF. as I am travelling in Sept, I can only start my IVF in Oct. So now on Duphaston so that my menses can come.... :( 3 months, and not here yet. :((((
Very stressful on time planning because of the long MC and how to plan work at the same time.

Hello, I was referred from Polyclinic to CHR. Just seen Prof to go with IVF. as I am travelling in Sept, I can only start my IVF in Oct. So now on Duphaston so that my menses can come.... :( 3 months, and not here yet. :((((
Very stressful on time planning because of the long MC and how to plan work at the same time.
Don't stress don't stress ... you'll figure a way out later :) Can preempt your boss and if possible arrange to work from home?

I hope my next fresh cycle will be around that time too!

Don't stress don't stress ... you'll figure a way out later :) Can preempt your boss and if possible arrange to work from home?

I hope my next fresh cycle will be around that time too!

hello veraine, does that mean that after ER, if few days later, no fertilization need to abort the cycle? then can use the embryo (from frozen) and then start on frozen cycle? I see many talking about fresh and frozen. Actually isn't frozen good also? can directly go for ET?

Don't want to read too much into it. See how lah. I'm quite sad that my HL is coming to an end thou!! I spent the past 1.5 weeks alternating between the forum, candy crush, soda crush and FB!! Shiock! Haha!
All the best to you tomorrow. Hope to see you at women's clinic later of the day.

Tomorrow is a big day for me as well. Dating scan. I hope my beanie showing up on the screen and at the right place. Fingers crossed.

All the best to you tomorrow. Hope to see you at women's clinic later of the day.

Tomorrow is a big day for me as well. Dating scan. I hope my beanie showing up on the screen and at the right place. Fingers crossed.
what time is your appt tml?

Exciting day tomorrow!!! All the best ladies :)

hello veraine, does that mean that after ER, if few days later, no fertilization need to abort the cycle? then can use the embryo (from frozen) and then start on frozen cycle? I see many talking about fresh and frozen. Actually isn't frozen good also? can directly go for ET?

Think positive!! Think of many sperm and eggs fusing together and growing well!! :)

ER is considered Day 0. For NUH, think most patients have ET on Day 3. So the transfer will be done during this particular "fresh cycle".

Depending on how many embryos you have ... e.g. if you have 6 embryos on D3, and you have opted to transfer 2 of them, then the remaining 4 will be frozen. In the event that the fresh cycle does not work out, then you can go for FET (frozen embryo transfer), so the 4 snowbabies will be thawed, and then will see how many survive the thawing process, and then proceed with the transfer.

In my case I only had one fertilised embryo in my fresh cycle, so I won't have FET, will go straight for another fresh next round.

Last edited:
Think positive!! Think of many sperm and eggs fusing together and growing well!! :)

ER is considered Day 0. For NUH, think most patients have ET on Day 3. So the transfer will be done during this particular "fresh cycle".

Depending on how many embryos you have ... e.g. if you have 6 embryos on D3, and you have opted to transfer 2 of them, then the remaining 4 will be frozen. In the event that the fresh cycle does not work out, then you can go for FET (frozen embryo transfer), so the 4 snowbabies will be thawed, and then will see how many survive the thawing process, and then proceed with the transfer.

In my case I only had one fertilised embryo in my fresh cycle, so I won't have FET, will go straight for another fresh next round.

Thanks Veraine for the clarification! Very much clearer now. Jia you to you!

Hey gals,

Jus checking. Anyone here under Dr Chew from NUH? Went for a consultation by him. He said I have a very small polyp 7mm and asked to do hysterscopy to remove it. He also said I have to go through a trial ET prior to the actual ET.

Question

1) is it necessary to do the hysterscopy to remove a small polyp?

2) I have gone through 2 ivfs (1 at Thomson under Dr LSF and 2nd cycle at kkh under Dr Tan HH. Both did not suggest doing trial ET then why need to do under him? I know my uterus is a bit tough to manoeuvre during ET as comfirmed by Dr Loh and Dr Tan but they get it done there and then. They didnt not mention anything about trial ET, not to say need to do it or not. Then this trial i have to pay too?

Hi, I'm with Dr Chew and had my 3 ivfs done by him. My first ivf attempt was successful and my lovely daughter is now 15 months old. My second attempt failed. I'm now pregnant in my 3rd attempt.

I would comment that Dr Chew is a man of few words but his words comes with great wisdom. His judgement is always correct. He does not give up easily and even though the results can be bad, he will do all he can and try different methods to help. For that, i'm really appreciate his efforts.

Trust him and his judgement.

I'm not too sure about the trial ET as I've not had that done. I had adenomyosis and half of my uterus wall is damaged plus it is tilted. It is a challenge for him at each ET but each ET he is very careful to make sure he optimise my chance although my bladder is about to burst!) just to make sure that it will land in the right place as much as he wished.

Ask him any questions that you have. He will answer them. I asked all sorts of questions and i don't care if it makes me looks silly or stupid. If i'm not sure, i just ask. But he is a very direct person and i think it is good because you are fully aware of your condition.

Hope this helps.

Jus an additional pt to add on..
Dun think they will thaw all at 1 go...they will thaw with the number u intend to transfer...
Eg, if u intend to transfer 2, 2 will b thawed at 1 go to get the surviving ones...if 100% survival, then these will b the 2...

Coz for my fets, they did tt...dun think they thawed all 4, n re-freeze the other 2 again..i was told they thawed 2...:)..IMHO

Last edited:
Jus an additional pt to add on..
Dun think they will thaw all at 1 go...they will thaw with the number u intend to transfer...
Eg, if u intend to transfer 2, 2 will b thawed at 1 go to get the surviving ones...if 100% survival, then these will b the 2...

Coz for my fets, they did tt...dun think they thawed all 4, n re-freeze the other 2 again..i was told they thawed 2...:)

And if we start FETs, are we given 15 days MC as well? need to rest on bed throughout after the ET?

The nurse was saying we can decide to transfer one or two embryo. But they recommend one? to prevent multiple birth. Just want to hear your views here? isn't transferring two adds up to the chance too? thanks so much to all

And if we start FETs, are we given 15 days MC as well? need to rest on bed throughout after the ET?

The nurse was saying we can decide to transfer one or two embryo. But they recommend one? to prevent multiple birth. Just want to hear your views here? isn't transferring two adds up to the chance too? thanks so much to all

I was given 16days of HL for FET..n veraine mentioned that Prof in seminar called out tt only sick pple do bed rest, n ivfers r not sick pple so no need bed rest.

They will usually recommend singleton embie transfer if u r <35yo, first timer ivfer...coz to the experts, safety is always their top concern...multiples may pose higher risks...online stats do mention a higher success rates when more embryos r transferred but there r also studies to show tt singleton transfer % is comparable...it will b better if u ask ur doctor on this...

The last time I asked, Nuh still did not hav figures or data on Singleton ET success % coz it was jus introduced...

Last edited:
Hello girls....
I am totally lost after 2 weeks mia from this forum. Glad to see so many newbies onboard.

@lucasmum11,
How have you been, great to see your post. All the best ya

@MonkeyChick,
Dearie, not sure if i have missed anything, feeling like you are leaving the thread from other sister's posting. There are many decision need to make in our life, no matter what it is, i wish you all the best and fulfill your dream and "chiong" for what you are desire for.

I have become not silent reader but really can afford to read only when i have time. Nevertheless, all the best to everyone...

Hello girls....
I am totally lost after 2 weeks mia from this forum. Glad to see so many newbies onboard.

@lucasmum11,

@MonkeyChick,
Dearie, not sure if i have missed anything, feeling like you are leaving the thread from other sister's posting. There are many decision need to make in our life, no matter what it is, i wish you all the best and fulfill your dream and "chiong" for what you are desire for.

I have become not silent reader but really can afford to read only when i have time. Nevertheless, all the best to everyone...

HiHi!!!!

How's everything for u?All well?

For myself...Im giving my final shot...
n will wrap up my journey liao...to b or not to b, I shall let it b....

Hello girls....

@lucasmum11,

@MonkeyChick,

So good to see you post again!!! Hope everything is ok for you and your family! Do pop by every now and then when u hv time! I'm ok! BT tml!

Dear, mind sharing how many years you have been on this journey?

On the ART(IUIs/IVFs) journey for more than 2.5yrs...going 3yrs..on the ttc journey, from trying naturally to remedies to IUI/IVF to tcm for ~5yrs..we started off ttc for a rabbit baby..:)

BUT...pls dun b disheartened by my suayism..coz there r so many positive success stories ard..so fighting ya!!

Hello girls....

@lucasmum11,

@MonkeyChick,

Hope all's good with you and family! :)

On the ART(IUIs/IVFs) journey for more than 2.5yrs...going 3yrs..on the ttc journey, from trying naturally to remedies to IUI/IVF to tcm for ~5yrs..we started off ttc for a rabbit baby..:)

BUT...pls dun b disheartened by my suayism..coz there r so many positive success stories ard..so fighting ya!!
No la you no suay, just rabbit baby not for you. Look at you and your hubby's nick, monkey and gorilla leh, which is next year baby! :D:D:D:D:D

Do you mind if i ask how how you are?

No la you no suay, just rabbit baby not for you. Look at you and your hubby's nick, monkey and gorilla leh, which is next year baby! :D:D:D:D:D
Now i got image of a monkey, a gorilla, and baby rabbits :eek:

Told u change to MonkeyHen, then can have GorillaCock, and OrangutanChicks liao ... 2016 and 2017 babies!!!!

Now i got image of a monkey, a gorilla, and baby rabbits :eek:

Told u change to MonkeyHen, then can have GorillaCock, and OrangutanChicks liao ... 2016 and 2017 babies!!!!

Hehe...my nick is meant for the baby when I first started off...so a baby pic avatar n MonkeyChick nick...who noe GorillaCock came n try to b funny....o_O...u can call me ChimHen...lolzz...wah,sounds chim...:D:D

Hehe...my nick is meant for the baby when I first started off...so a baby pic avatar n MonkeyChick nick...who noe GorillaCock came n try to b funny....o_O...u can call me ChimHen...lolzz...wah,sounds chim...:D:D
ahhh ...

So it's ChimHen with GorCock and MonkeyChicks!

hahahaha ....

I am fine....lolz!!!...muackssss...:D

U r asking how old am i ya?
Goin 35yo this year...;)
just realised my typo!! yup! 35 still young! Should not give up if there are no unsolvable problem. Don't need to try full time like what u r doing now. u can still go bk to work, and go for appts every now and then. Life can still go on. I ttc for 4 years after my first kid. Still at it. Before that also ttc for 1-2 years. V long journey also. Add together will be my entire 30s. Some ladies here have even longer journeys.

Today read reports that young people usually get married between 30-34 nowadays. I think Prof can only hv more and more business!

Back