IVF/ICSI Support Group

I didn't experience that before. However I know during this period of time if you got some discharge is consider the implantation is taking now. During my implantation period, I took Almond and Brazil nuts.

Hi, can I have Dr Zou contact no and address? My doctors cannot explain my case. They said it's just happened. Not because of genetic/chromosomal issue. I heard one friend asking me to go Thailand too. It's too far go me. I need to work. If I go KL then I guess my husband and I will have to take at least 6 months no pay leave. We can't afford to lose our job. However, I will give Ivf at KL a second thought if I have used up my frozen embryos. By the way, how much do we need to pay for ivf in KL?
hi Lucky Baby,

Going overseas for IVF is definitely more inconvenient. So there must be compelling reasons to do it. Maybe as a last resort. But I wouldn't recommend you to take 6 months no pay leave. Because IVF is always a waiting game and counting of our menses cycle. Best scenario is if your company can allow you to take leave on short notice. Cos most times we cannot book our appointment until our menses comes. Most trips I also made by myself. Hubby only went twice with me so far. Also on days of scanning, I just fly in and fly out on the same day.

For IVF in KL, estimate about RM40K for IVF and another RM20K for PGD. Unfortunately it is not cheaper than Singapore. So there must be compelling reasons to go.

Dr Zou's charges are: $30 for acupuncture, $56 for medication that last for 7 days, $20 one time payment for first timers. So on days if I still have the medicine, I only pay $30 for the acupuncture. She recommends going twice a week. Her contact:

Address: 505 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8, Singapore 560505
Phone:6456 0833

Best to call to make appointment first before going down although they do entertain walk-in too.

Take care.

I didn't experience that before. However I know during this period of time if you got some discharge is consider the implantation is taking now. During my implantation period, I took Almond and Brazil nuts.
Thank you. Does nuts help on implantation?

Hey gals,
Jus checking. Anyone here under Dr Chew from NUH? Went for a consultation by him. He said I have a very small polyp 7mm and asked to do hysterscopy to remove it. He also said I have to go through a trial ET prior to the actual ET.
Question
1) is it necessary to do the hysterscopy to remove a small polyp?
2) I have gone through 2 ivfs (1 at Thomson under Dr LSF and 2nd cycle at kkh under Dr Tan HH. Both did not suggest doing trial ET then why need to do under him? I know my uterus is a bit tough to manoeuvre during ET as comfirmed by Dr Loh and Dr Tan but they get it done there and then. They didnt not mention anything about trial ET, not to say need to do it or not. Then this trial i have to pay too?

hi, I also recently had a polyp removed by hysterectomy although not at NUH. It's a relatively minor procedure and seems quite a common one too. As explained to me by the nurses, it is important to remove it as sometimes our uterus thinks that there is something there and they will try to expel it. So it is better to remove it to help in implantation. My doc showed me the video of the scope before and after the procedure. After procedure, can really see that it's very clean inside. I've also read in some overseas forum of women who had several failed IVFs. And after removing polyps, they BFP. So better to do what your doc says. But it's my first time hearing about trial ET. Didn't know can actually have a trial.

Where can you buy Brazil nuts? Have been looking for it but can't seem to find it.

Jus got my BT results. I am out again!!! Will try for my 3rd last Fresh n will give up after dat.. Hopefully it will not disappoint me again!! Trying to stay positive...

My ER will be tomorrow but since my progesterone is a bit high, Dr wants to freeze the embryos first and then do the embryo transfer on a natural cycle. Anybody went through the same thing?

Also, my ER will be under conscious intravenous sedation. I heard some hospitals will give GA. Anybody else went through ER via conscious IV sedation?

Hi All

I was recommended to see Dr Yu Su Ling from SGH by my hubby colleague who were successful at IVF. I went first apt on 24 Jun, went blood test n follicle count on 11 Jul, tubal contrast sonogram on 16th. End up its a different doc that did the TCS, and she didn't succeed! she tried 3 times, poured tons of saline and tell me cant find the tubes! The third time was so painful and she asked to try again. I asked if try again will she get it right, she answered she doesn't know. I was very angry so I stopped the test but I still had to pay $400+ for this. Now the next appoint to see Dr Yu is on 11 Aug. I'm very angry at SGH service, from June to Aug, they just wasted 2 months and I not even started on anything. I don't even have the test results. I feel like to change to KKH but I will have to retake all the test? How long does it takes from first apt to start IVF? I don't have time. I turning 39 this year...:(

I took a referral letter from polyclinics in Jan and got my first appointment at kkh in late Feb. Some tests that you have taken before do save you time to do again at kkh. Then my first appointment for ivf treatment kkh initiative was may but postpone to June because they called me too last minute.

Hi All

I was recommended to see Dr Yu Su Ling from SGH by my hubby colleague who were successful at IVF. I went first apt on 24 Jun, went blood test n follicle count on 11 Jul, tubal contrast sonogram on 16th. End up its a different doc that did the TCS, and she didn't succeed! she tried 3 times, poured tons of saline and tell me cant find the tubes! The third time was so painful and she asked to try again. I asked if try again will she get it right, she answered she doesn't know. I was very angry so I stopped the test but I still had to pay $400+ for this. Now the next appoint to see Dr Yu is on 11 Aug. I'm very angry at SGH service, from June to Aug, they just wasted 2 months and I not even started on anything. I don't even have the test results. I feel like to change to KKH but I will have to retake all the test? How long does it takes from first apt to start IVF? I don't have time. I turning 39 this year...:(
About 4 mths from your first appt with kkh doc.

Jus got my BT results. I am out again!!! Will try for my 3rd last Fresh n will give up after dat.. Hopefully it will not disappoint me again!! Trying to stay positive...
hugz... glad you are not giving up. Indulge in your fav stuff before embarking. You can do it.

During my ivf injection, I took avocado almost daily to let my eggs grow. After ET, I took fish essence for 4 days then switch to chicken essence to warm my womb. At the same time I took Almond and walnuts because I couldn't find Brazil nuts for that week. Beside that, I took cherries and avocado occasionally too.

During my ivf injection, I took avocado almost daily to let my eggs grow. After ET, I took fish essence for 4 days then switch to chicken essence to warm my womb. At the same time I took Almond and walnuts because I couldn't find Brazil nuts for that week. Beside that, I took cherries and avocado occasionally too.
I sort of worry some fruits maybe too 'cooling' so not sure what's good. Thx a lot!

I took a referral letter from polyclinics in Jan and got my first appointment at kkh in late Feb. Some tests that you have taken before do save you time to do again at kkh. Then my first appointment for ivf treatment kkh initiative was may but postpone to June because they called me too last minute.
Sounds like KKH more efficient. Will see what doc say on 11th Aug. Else I will switch to KKH. I find SGH very disorganised and unprofessional. Cant imagine a doc can tell me she doesn't know whether try again will be successful.

It's disheartening... I've spent 20k but didn't manage to succeed..... Where is TSB clinic? Will give her a try... Haven't seen dr Loh yet. Will discuss my options with him... I'm considering donor eggs now.

TSB's contacts-
https://fertilitysingapore.wordpress.com/tcm/

Waiting time for first appt is very long, I was supposed to wair for 3 months, but subsequently 2 months later, the clinic had a slot and brought forward my appt.

Subsequent follow ups are 3 to 4 weeks' interval. Have to take brewed herbs at interval like take for 2 days (brew once for 2 days dosage) , stop for 3 days. Needs a lot of perseverance and there's much uncertainty, bcos at the end of the day, it's difficult to attribute success /failure to TCM or other methods that we try.

This is my tww menu :)
1 kiwi each day
1 avocado on alternate days
2 immunocal a day
1 cup ensure milk daily
Chicken essence daily
4 brazil nuts a day
3 durians a day
3 walnuts a day
4 almonds a day
Pumpkin n sunflower seeds
Folic acid
3 egg whites a day

1 kiwi each day
2 immunocal a day
1 cup ensure milk daily
Chicken essence daily
4 brazil nuts a day
3 durians a day
3 walnuts a day
4 almonds a day
Folic acid
3 egg whites a day
Thx mesara! D5 after ET, catching up wt this menu hehe... durian seem to be good ya?

I am also turning 37 and feel the same way as you. I will try until my 40th birthday. If no success, then will just focus on hubby and our lives of 2. We must cherish what we have and not squander it in pursuit of something out of our control.
Yes gal u r right. Life has other plans as well and this journey can't be the only thing like try till infinity. What's meant to be ours will be ours. While we embark we put 100 percent heart n soul in this journey.

Oh so tsb feels that we should not take tcm after ET? I strongly feel that you can succeed one day. I've seen ppl with ur condition succeed.

Can anyone kindly send me tsb clinic address/contact no/ opening hours?
No dr que at tangshan feels no acu after et. Tsb no acu at all only herbs.

Hi thanks for your encouragement. Can I have both the TCM contacts that you mentioned? Dr zou and Dr que. Which doctor is better and not too expensive?
2) Zou Yumin TCM Physician & Acupuncturist

Blk 505, Ang Mo Kio Ave 8#01-266

Singapore 560505

Tel: (65) 6456 0833
Opening Hours: Monday – Thurs 9.30am – 1pm, 3:30pm – 8:30pm, Fri 3:30pm – 8:30pm,

Sat, Sun & PH: 9am – 1pm

Closed on Wed

(3) Tan Siew Buoy

Clinic 1: NTU Chinese Medicine Clinic
60 Nanyang Drive SBS-01s-68
Singapore 637551
Tel: 65921732/ 65921733 (By appointment)
Consulting hr: 8.30am to 12.30pm (Mon, Wed, Fri) & 1.30 to 4.30pm (Tue & Thurs)

Clinic 2: Health & Beauty Pte Ltd, Traditional chinese medicine centre
No. 38 upper cross st,
Singapore 058341
Tel: 65344131 (By appointment)
Consulting hr: 3pm to 8pm(Mon, wed & fri)

Tang Shan Chinese Medical Hospital

HDB Marine Parade Promenade #01-670, 86 Marine Parade Central, (S)440086

Tel: 6348 5983 | Website

May I ask if anyone experienced ectopic pregnancy , what were your signs/symptoms? My 1st BT and my HCG is already 1400, I read that it cld be ectopic.

Hi ladies, I just had my 2nd lap done and doctor has given me decapeptyl jab to stop my menses. He wanted me to try natural first but I have to stop menses for 3 mths. But I have no confident as I have endo and hubby morph is bad. So I told him I would like to proceed to ivf. He told me that I can think abt it and 6 weeks later when I see him , I can decide again and start immediately. He told me decapeptyl jab he put on me now is the same as the ivf jab to suppress ovulation. Can I check with u ladies, what comes after this jab?
And for those of u who had lap before ivf, how soon did u start ivf after lap? Thanks in advance.

Hi ladies, I just had my 2nd lap done and doctor has given me decapeptyl jab to stop my menses. He wanted me to try natural first but I have to stop menses for 3 mths. But I have no confident as I have endo and hubby morph is bad. So I told him I would like to proceed to ivf. He told me that I can think abt it and 6 weeks later when I see him , I can decide again and start immediately. He told me decapeptyl jab he put on me now is the same as the ivf jab to suppress ovulation. Can I check with u ladies, what comes after this jab?
And for those of u who had lap before ivf, how soon did u start ivf after lap? Thanks in advance.

Maybe u want to use this 3 mths to tiao ur body with tcm. Cos aft ops will be weak. If possible try natural. Doc oso told me aft lap try natural got chance cos is clean inside now. But tink i didnt work hard enuf.

My ER will be tomorrow but since my progesterone is a bit high, Dr wants to freeze the embryos first and then do the embryo transfer on a natural cycle. Anybody went through the same thing?

Also, my ER will be under conscious intravenous sedation. I heard some hospitals will give GA. Anybody else went through ER via conscious IV sedation?

Yes same thing happened to me. I started suppression too late, so I had fresh transfer cancelled cos my progesterone too high, meaning my lining would be too mature and out of syncs with d5 transfer.

1 kiwi each day
2 immunocal a day
1 cup ensure milk daily
Chicken essence daily
4 brazil nuts a day
3 durians a day
3 walnuts a day
4 almonds a day
Folic acid
3 egg whites a day
My tcm say kiwi is a cooling fruit. Cannot take much..

Hey
I did ivf after lap twice....both times I had lucrin to suppress menses and ovulation and 10 weeks later I started stim and both cycle bfp. So don't worry...this protocol seems to work. Me also endo n adeno and hubby morph issue. But icsi can overcome this issue I believe. Just concentrate on building up health in the 10 weeks before ivf. I did not have menses when I started stim. But the lining and eggies grow after stim.

May I ask if anyone experienced ectopic pregnancy , what were your signs/symptoms? My 1st BT and my HCG is already 1400, I read that it cld be ectopic.

Hi dear, i dont think bhcg numbers really mean much on its own. You will need two sets of numbers 48hrs apart to read anything meaningful. Have seen sisters here with even higher numbers on BT day like 2000+. They went on to have normal pregnancies.

For me, I was twice mistakenly diagnosed with ectopic pregnancy becos my bhcg was btwn 1500-2000+ and the docs couldn't find the sac. I also went in to O&G with bad cramps so the docs immediately suggested it could be ectopic and wanted me to do D&C the very night. I pushed for more detailed scans at KKH imaging and diagnostic centre. To me, even if docs didn't manage to find the sac in my womb, i need to know it's really located outside of womb like in the fallopian tube etc. And both times, they managed to locate the sac during the detailed scan though it took more than an hour as I was told I have a high riding cervix hence the difficulty in visualising during early pregnancy.

I was also asked to retake my bhcg levels and the numbers were doubling as it shd. Jts.

However, if u r having spotting and experiencing persistent cramps on one side of your abdomen, pls go to O&G to chk it out. Pain in shoulder is also a tell tale indication of ectopic.

All the best and take care!

One will experience pain on one side of your lower abdominal and spotting. High HCG could be twins... think positive! Good luck.

Singapore 560505

Opening Hours: Monday – Thurs 9.30am – 1pm, 3:30pm – 8:30pm, Fri 3:30pm – 8:30pm,

Closed on Wed

(3) Tan Siew Buoy

Singapore 637551

No. 38 upper cross st,
Singapore 058341

Singapore 560505

Closed on Wed

(3) Tan Siew Buoy

Singapore 637551

No. 38 upper cross st,
Singapore 058341

Thanks Mesara.
Appreciate your sharing.

Back