Year 2015 IVF mummies- to-be

Lol sounds so tiring!!! Actually ya I know now is still considered easy stage for me where u can just dump bb in cot or on sofa if u need to do smth... And u know they won't run away!
So will u go no 2? I am thinking of doing when my bb abt 8 mth..
Ya will try for number 2 but age gap so near really not easy. I see some of the mummies w 1 8 mths n the other 18 mths. 2 cried together she wanna pull hair out she said .. N toddler insist mummy carry cos sees her sibling got carry n not them n becomes cranky ..
I really dun know. If it comes I just accept it.. Not on full force gg for it now at least not until she 1 yo bah

Ya will try for number 2 but age gap so near really not easy. I see some of the mummies w 1 8 mths n the other 18 mths. 2 cried together she wanna pull hair out she said .. N toddler insist mummy carry cos sees her sibling got carry n not them n becomes cranky ..
I really dun know. If it comes I just accept it.. Not on full force gg for it now at least not until she 1 yo bah
Ya agree. I am pretty worried abt that part abt coping too. It is just that it took qt long to conceive no 1 so dunno whether it will take multiple tries (and a few years) to conceive no 2 if we are so lucky to be blessed.

Two weeks didn't drop in suddenly see so many post. Lol
I'm 28 weeks plus now. Bought the insurance from AIA w additional critical illness + death n disability rider coverage. I think now my agent still doing the paperwork. The GE one that we had to buy during embryo transfer really don't cover much. At least AIA covers mum n baby for hospitalization and baby illness before n after birth more adequately. Also hubby just feel that it's a bonus we can secure coverage for kiddo in case anything happens and we will just keep it as a savings policy for the kid till kid is bigger
I bought most of my baby stuff like bedding n bottles n equipments during the July baby fair and GSS except for baby clothes le. Joined a couple of fb groups n other mummies put up a list of stuff to buy/ prepare. Which is just as well I buy le cuz these two weeks beginning to find my mobility and energy levels slowly decreasing due to growing baby. That least now can take it easy

Did you and Hubby go for PGD? Me and hubby has thalassemia too.. thinking to go for IVF after trying for 2 year...
My egg yield was poor after long protocol... Only 5 were matured enough for fertilization w sperm... Then only 3 got fertilized and by day 3 there was only 1 good embryo. So doc suggested we transfer and do prenatal tests if it grows. Cos if not pay $6k to test 1 embryo not worth it. Another suggestion was to freeze it and do another round of ivf and get more embryos then test tog. But of freezing, there's also risk of damage when thawing. So we decided to just try. Junior has been growing well and is 14+ wks now. Waiting to do Amnio cos CVS was not successful.
Should not wait... Should faster do ivf... Unless one of u is alpha and the other is beta... Then higher chance...

There is a newly created fb IVF SG closed group for members to lend support to one another. Please feel free to join and let's come together to help fellow IVFies.

At first, we thought we won't be so suay to kena the 25% thal major. Our first try, we jackpot. It was very painful and we decided to undergo ivf to save us from going through the pain

My egg yield was poor after long protocol... Only 5 were matured enough for fertilization w sperm... Then only 3 got fertilized and by day 3 there was only 1 good embryo. So doc suggested we transfer and do prenatal tests if it grows. Cos if not pay $6k to test 1 embryo not worth it. Another suggestion was to freeze it and do another round of ivf and get more embryos then test tog. But of freezing, there's also risk of damage when thawing. So we decided to just try. Junior has been growing well and is 14+ wks now. Waiting to do Amnio cos CVS was not successful.
Should not wait... Should faster do ivf... Unless one of u is alpha and the other is beta... Then higher chance...

We are both Alpha... In fact how we discover it was because i got pregnant 2 year ago and later the baby was found the be a T.Major on his 5 month scan... and after all test we discover we both carried the gens and that 25% slapped on us...
Which hospital or doctor did you see? Is this your 1st IVF ?

Two weeks didn't drop in suddenly see so many post. Lol
I'm 28 weeks plus now. Bought the insurance from AIA w additional critical illness + death n disability rider coverage. I think now my agent still doing the paperwork. The GE one that we had to buy during embryo transfer really don't cover much. At least AIA covers mum n baby for hospitalization and baby illness before n after birth more adequately. Also hubby just feel that it's a bonus we can secure coverage for kiddo in case anything happens and we will just keep it as a savings policy for the kid till kid is bigger
I bought most of my baby stuff like bedding n bottles n equipments during the July baby fair and GSS except for baby clothes le. Joined a couple of fb groups n other mummies put up a list of stuff to buy/ prepare. Which is just as well I buy le cuz these two weeks beginning to find my mobility and energy levels slowly decreasing due to growing baby. That least now can take it easy
i have just commited on a AIA policy too....as i wasn't given any medical report by Kk, i hope the insurance company dun need me to go and extract cos my next appt is at wk31. intend to cover for at least on the 1st yr, than decide whether to drop this plan for other education/ saving plan.

Ya totally agree. And this cluster feeding always happens when I want to sleep the most!! Sigh!! Can go on for 4-5h bb don't want to sleep keep playing then crying for milk. How r u coping now? Jiayou... Really not easy with twins.
it's not easy..but thankfully I have a part time helper who is soooo good!! She is stays some days over as my mum cannot take leave to help me..now at home only my mum helps me during weekends and weekdays night, My dad totally cannot make it..never lift a finger de..my sis rarely too..well..only for some occasions like watching the bbs while I go for toilet breaks..but best is I managed to catch my bbs patterns..boy is more attention seeking..but thankfully girl is easier to handle..and everyone loves her to bits as she is always smiley unlike boy who seems to reflect my dark side..less for the occasional grin and rare smile lol..think he also takes after my hubby who don't really smile that much as compared to me :) :) Oh and I am looking forward to returning back with hubby most likely after national day as just received call from embassy that bbs passports are ready!! Till then I have my retired MIL who will be helping me in the day while hb in the night :) You? Hv you gone back to work already..do you find pumping a chore!!? And I seem not to have time to do that :(

it's not easy..but thankfully I have a part time helper who is soooo good!! She is stays some days over as my mum cannot take leave to help me..now at home only my mum helps me during weekends and weekdays night, My dad totally cannot make it..never lift a finger de..my sis rarely too..well..only for some occasions like watching the bbs while I go for toilet breaks..but best is I managed to catch my bbs patterns..boy is more attention seeking..but thankfully girl is easier to handle..and everyone loves her to bits as she is always smiley unlike boy who seems to reflect my dark side..less for the occasional grin and rare smile lol..think he also takes after my hubby who don't really smile that much as compared to me :) :) Oh and I am looking forward to returning back with hubby most likely after national day as just received call from embassy that bbs passports are ready!! Till then I have my retired MIL who will be helping me in the day while hb in the night :) You? Hv you gone back to work already..do you find pumping a chore!!? And I seem not to have time to do that :(
Eh so interesting... Ur boy and girl have different personalities liao... I guess u will see even more interesting patterns as they grow older. I am not sure if it is true, but most of my friends commented that boys are harder to take care of compared to girls (more loud, fall sick easily, difficult feeding etc).
Ur father funny de. My father also like tt... The most help he gives with the bb is the warn me she seems like gonna puke... Then he faster move his butt away and siam. Lol. But I guess fathers do give support in other ways, like mine will buy cakes for me...
Yes I hate pumping. But it is an excuse for me to get away from taking care of bb. I just order my hubby to pick up the crying bb cos "I am pumping now la". But pumping is definitely less painful than direct latch, tho still have sore nipples. U got feel any pain fr pumping? Dunno if it is normal...

We are both Alpha... In fact how we discover it was because i got pregnant 2 year ago and later the baby was found the be a T.Major on his 5 month scan... and after all test we discover we both carried the gens and that 25% slapped on us...
Which hospital or doctor did you see? Is this your 1st IVF ?
We both went for DNA test with Thalassemia Registry... Both of us have alpha minor double gene deletion... We've been married for 7yrs I've never been preggy before so we decided IVF is a must... Cos we tried TCM etc... All no use.
I'm with KKH...
My 1st ivf

Hi Mei, y are u doing cluster feed? Trying to get her sttn?
I did tried cluster feed after cl left. Cos first 2 weeks we really got up in the middle of the night to dream feed her but my mummies group said no need to dream feed unless she is hungry n will cry for it. Once dream feed n becomes habit for her to snack in middle of the night then I forever no need peaceful slp thru. So I did cluster feed from evening onwards, n every 2 hr one feed till the last feed before midnight. Think I m lucky tat I only had to cluster feed train a week then she sttn. The longest sttn I had w her was almost 10hrs before she woke up n cried..
But I aso understand some of my mummies bb cluster feed train aso no use.. So I guess it really depends on the bb bah..

@dolly_gal actually my gal will cluster feed in afternoon and before midnight... I didn't train her to do tt... But generally she does that so she can sleep more at night i suppose. Actually I shd be thankful she is quite 自动. Haizzz just somehow her cluster feeding timing always coincides when I wanna nap/sleep.
Wah ur gal can really sleep v long... Mine at most like 4-5h at night, and not everytime too.

Eh so interesting... Ur boy and girl have different personalities liao... I guess u will see even more interesting patterns as they grow older. I am not sure if it is true, but most of my friends commented that boys are harder to take care of compared to girls (more loud, fall sick easily, difficult feeding etc).
Ur father funny de. My father also like tt... The most help he gives with the bb is the warn me she seems like gonna puke... Then he faster move his butt away and siam. Lol. But I guess fathers do give support in other ways, like mine will buy cakes for me...
Yes I hate pumping. But it is an excuse for me to get away from taking care of bb. I just order my hubby to pick up the crying bb cos "I am pumping now la". But pumping is definitely less painful than direct latch, tho still have sore nipples. U got feel any pain fr pumping? Dunno if it is normal...
hope my boy can guai guai as he gets older ..yes my nipples are rather sore and some shooting pains sometimes too..think shld be normal..how is your yield so far? I only like can hv abt 160-180ml for both sides..i noticed after drinking herbal soups during confinement, affected my supply..

@dolly_gal i also didn train them..they auto will cry for milk every hr or so.. @hi_mei same here coincides when I am at my most sleepy ie..late into the night or wee hours in the morning

hope my boy can guai guai as he gets older ..yes my nipples are rather sore and some shooting pains sometimes too..think shld be normal..how is your yield so far? I only like can hv abt 160-180ml for both sides..i noticed after drinking herbal soups during confinement, affected my supply..
My yield is terrible, like 60ml per pump. I think urs is very good already! I guess cos u have twins u need more but it is really a good yield.
Yes, herbal tonic will affect supply.

My yield is terrible, like 60ml per pump. I think urs is very good already! I guess cos u have twins u need more but it is really a good yield.
Yes, herbal tonic will affect supply.
oh okok..hmm..I am fix feeding them currently..but still hope to give more to my girl..cos now only give her once a day of 100ml..her morning breakie :) that is if she dun spilt out cos she likes more of the foc pigeon bottle got from great eastern package..else for normal avent bottles she will spilt lots out..what bottles u giving ur bb?

oh okok..hmm..I am fix feeding them currently..but still hope to give more to my girl..cos now only give her once a day of 100ml..her morning breakie :) that is if she dun spilt out cos she likes more of the foc pigeon bottle got from great eastern package..else for normal avent bottles she will spilt lots out..what bottles u giving ur bb?
Pigeon bottles. But also dunno how come sometimes bb can drink so cleanly sometimes she also like mouth got hole keep leaking!

We both went for DNA test with Thalassemia Registry... Both of us have alpha minor double gene deletion... We've been married for 7yrs I've never been preggy before so we decided IVF is a must... Cos we tried TCM etc... All no use.
I'm with KKH...
My 1st ivf

Thanks for the info.. You are giving me some hope on our condition man!
I have make a appointment with the fertility doctor on 14/8/2015 and hopefully moving to IVf Soon...
Any advise on whats the timeline like? Eg from the 1st time you see the fertility doctor to the completion of IVF?

Pigeon bottles. But also dunno how come sometimes bb can drink so cleanly sometimes she also like mouth got hole keep leaking!
lololol ''mouth got hole'' so funny la:p after I let my girl tried different bottles, she likes pigeon too where else my boy likes the older version of the avent..so yesterday I went kiddy palace grab a set with 3..will get more too this coming mon when my hubby comes. What pump u using? if u r using spectra s1, hv u tried the manual pump that comes along yet?

lololol ''mouth got hole'' so funny la:p after I let my girl tried different bottles, she likes pigeon too where else my boy likes the older version of the avent..so yesterday I went kiddy palace grab a set with 3..will get more too this coming mon when my hubby comes. What pump u using? if u r using spectra s1, hv u tried the manual pump that comes along yet?
I tried the spectra manual pump... Find it quite useless and tiring...

Thanks for the info.. You are giving me some hope on our condition man!
I have make a appointment with the fertility doctor on 14/8/2015 and hopefully moving to IVf Soon...
Any advise on whats the timeline like? Eg from the 1st time you see the fertility doctor to the completion of IVF?
Hi.. I think it depends on which hospital you are with... From my 1st visit to the fertility doc..to the start of the procedure was abt 6 mths... Bcos of the various scans, blood tests, closure of the ivf labs for license renewal. I was on long protocol so the ivf injections and transfer took abt 6 weeks... Also dependent on how regular your menstrual cycle is I think.

Hi.. I think it depends on which hospital you are with... From my 1st visit to the fertility doc..to the start of the procedure was abt 6 mths... Bcos of the various scans, blood tests, closure of the ivf labs for license renewal. I was on long protocol so the ivf injections and transfer took abt 6 weeks... Also dependent on how regular your menstrual cycle is I think.
@AAOM yup similar to what @HappyGoh23 has said... my cycle is ard 30 days and I took 2 to 3 mths to start, but that is cos I alr had all the fertility tests done prior to consultation.

If u deliver naturally the piles may get worse temporarily... But don't worry will heal with time... How are u feeling? Alr 3rd tri, so fast!
OMG....i hope it just go away...so painful. i already cannot tahan this kind of pain, can't immd when give birth.... since wk29 onward, still to feel pain here and there again..side of the thight, ligament pain, sometime even pass urine hurt..

OMG....i hope it just go away...so painful. i already cannot tahan this kind of pain, can't immd when give birth.... since wk29 onward, still to feel pain here and there again..side of the thight, ligament pain, sometime even pass urine hurt..
Aiyoh... Poor thing. Ya 3rd tri usually more uncomfortable. But after baby is born, it will go away and all will be worth it ;)

Aiyoh... Poor thing. Ya 3rd tri usually more uncomfortable. But after baby is born, it will go away and all will be worth it ;)
ya....agreed. but for the time being, no medicine can apply ya? i try using 100% pure alo vera gel ...

aiyoh so long never post here too..i am sooo sleep deprived and just to rant...

i am soooo stress..i shouted at my boy yesterday and was so angry at him cos he vomited out his milk (my precious EBM..which in the 1st place i dun hv enough already for him) he kept making choking sounds and wheezing sounds almost at the end of feeds everytime without fail..then yesterday he was breathless then got choked and vomited everything..then at the end of it all i felt so bad after..

any mums here also got bbs who wakes up say 12ish then want milk..gave but stay awake again and crying want milk every 1 hrly thereafter up till 4-5am..is this colic or gas?? @hi_mei , @dolly_gal do your bbs have this gassy thing? Do you give gripe water at a young age--1mth+??
It's a phase. Don't worry. It will soon be over.

Hey ladies, I am being a bit kiasu here. Just wondering if anyone did a comparison of the confinement herbs package as sold by different places. Saw that all are in the price range of $400+ for a 28 day supply. I was wondering if there is any difference if you buy from TMC, Eu Yang Sang, and those sold by confinement nannies agency, that comes as a package? By the way, is it difficult to brew soup?

Hey ladies, I am being a bit kiasu here. Just wondering if anyone did a comparison of the confinement herbs package as sold by different places. Saw that all are in the price range of $400+ for a 28 day supply. I was wondering if there is any difference if you buy from TMC, Eu Yang Sang, and those sold by confinement nannies agency, that comes as a package? By the way, is it difficult to brew soup?
Fu Hua got promotion but i not yet buy...
http://hockhuaestore.com.sg/web/Products_Details.aspx?CODE_ID=S010120000
should be very easy, just put in slow cooker + meats

just to share..if you intend to breastfeed or pump out milk for your bb, herbal soups DO actually decreases the milk supply..it did for me :(

for baby with 黄袒

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 161
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and will be attending the ivf briefing in Sept. The issue i face is hub's poor SA results.

Would like to know if there are similar cases and if success is high?

Thanks in advance :)

@dolly_gal actually my gal will cluster feed in afternoon and before midnight... I didn't train her to do tt... But generally she does that so she can sleep more at night i suppose. Actually I shd be thankful she is quite 自动. Haizzz just somehow her cluster feeding timing always coincides when I wanna nap/sleep.
Wah ur gal can really sleep v long... Mine at most like 4-5h at night, and not everytime too.
Hi_mei, no need to cluster feed. It's best to get in tune with your baby's needs because like that, babies can self regulate when they are hungry and know how much they need to drink.

Don't force your baby to STTN if she is not ready yet.

Hi, JTS I have gynae appts at KK and Thomson. My previous urine test for sugar at KK failed and I had to do the glucose tolerance test which I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. However every time I'll passed the urine test at Thomson, which makes me feel that their test strips are not very reliable. I'm just wondering those pregnant ladies at Thomson, will they have diabetes and went undetected and indirectly continue take sugar, harm themselves and their babies.

Hi, JTS I have gynae appts at KK and Thomson. My previous urine test for sugar at KK failed and I had to do the glucose tolerance test which I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. However every time I'll passed the urine test at Thomson, which makes me feel that their test strips are not very reliable. I'm just wondering those pregnant ladies at Thomson, will they have diabetes and went undetected and indirectly continue take sugar, harm themselves and their babies.
I think OGTT is a different test from the urine test strips.. Don't think they are really comparable. OGTT should be more accurate..

hi sorry understand this is a chat place for successful ivfs, but jus like to find out if any one had a successful 1st try at ivf with poor SA result?

Just to say I will be popping soon - next week - happy to strike with boy girl twins and managed to carry them till full term of 37 weeks!

Also have GD - I feel KK is more kiasu in terms of GD than others. My urine test is okay but they still send me to that sweet glucose test.

Everyone Jia You!!

Last edited:
hi sorry understand this is a chat place for successful ivfs, but jus like to find out if any one had a successful 1st try at ivf with poor SA result?

Wrong chat group. Pls go to the other one on IVF support group. Why not? It's all about probability.

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and will be attending the ivf briefing in Sept. The issue i face is hub's poor SA results.

Wrong chat group for ur enquiry. Go to the other one on the IVF support group.

Last edited:
Just to say I will be popping soon - next week - happy to strike with boy girl twins and managed to carry them till full term of 37 weeks!

Also have GD - I feel KK is more kiasu in terms of GD than others. My urine test is okay but they still send me to that sweet glucose test.

Everyone Jia You!!
Congrats!! Have a smooth delivery and I am sure u will be delighted to see ur prince and princess soon!

Hi all,

Hi skmm, I have the same problem as you. Hubby SA results were v bad. Told by 2 doctors that our only option is ivf. So I went ahead to book my appt with prof Wong nuh with my gynae's letter. But the 1st appt date was so long. Called in June n given August date. So we tot we might as well go to the jurong east Tcm to strengthen our bodies while waiting. But we managed to strike after taking her med. plus I aso pray v hard to the simalu guan yin plus lord Buddha that we can be lucky n not have to go for ivf. So there is always hope. N may you be successful in ur try.

Hi skmm, I have the same problem as you. Hubby SA results were v bad. Told by 2 doctors that our only option is ivf. So I went ahead to book my appt with prof Wong nuh with my gynae's letter. But the 1st appt date was so long. Called in June n given August date. So we tot we might as well go to the jurong east Tcm to strengthen our bodies while waiting. But we managed to strike after taking her med. plus I aso pray v hard to the simalu guan yin plus lord Buddha that we can be lucky n not have to go for ivf. So there is always hope. N may you be successful in ur try.
Hi @Skmm pls don't be disheartened... Ivf with icsi can solve ur problem. Many successful cases but u have to be mentally prepared that u may need to try more than once... All the best :)

Wrong chat group. Pls go to the other one on IVF support group. Why not? It's all about probability.
hi mrs_tann thanks. actually have been following the ivf support thread. but am asking here cos just like to find out what are the chances like. that's y had apologised in my first opening line knowing this is for ivf mummies. was just really concerned what are the chances i have for my upcoming ivf. thanks a lot anyway for responding! and congrats on ur twins!

Back