What did you do during your maternity leave besides looking after the baby?

Daisydrops

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. My baby was born in April 2015 and he just turned 3 months old. I am going back to work soon. During my maternity leave (besides looking after the baby), I mainly stayed at home during the weekdays and went out during the weekends with my husband and baby. On those days that I stayed home, I spent a lot of time online shopping and spent quite a lot of $. Not sure if it's attributed to boredom of staying at home or what. Wondering if any of you are like that too. If not, how did you spend your maternity leave?

Last edited:

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. My baby was born in April 2015 and he just turned 3 months old. I am going back to work soon. During my maternity leave (besides looking after the baby), I mainly stayed at home during the weekdays and went out during the weekends with my husband and baby. On those days that I stayed home, I spent a lot of time online shopping and spent quite a lot of $. Not sure if it's attributed to boredom of staying at home or what. Wondering if any of you are like that too. If not, how did you spend your maternity leave?
Haha, pretty much the same as you. Other than spending time w baby and taking care of her, i researched extensively during my ML about baby's development and various symptoms. Not to mention i become a milkcow by pumping regularly. I also did alot of blog shopping for both my own clothes and baby's stuff. I come to this wonderful forum everyday too! Haha. Weekends or night time will sometimes go out shop and dine with hubby and baby..

Haha, pretty much the same as you. Other than spending time w baby and taking care of her, i researched extensively during my ML about baby's development and various symptoms. Not to mention i become a milkcow by pumping regularly. I also did alot of blog shopping for both my own clothes and baby's stuff. I come to this wonderful forum everyday too! Haha. Weekends or night time will sometimes go out shop and dine with hubby and baby..
I wished I had joined this forum earlier! But better late than never. Good that you are able to go out during the weeknights. I am currently living in the U.S and shops close at about 7pm here...Miss hanging out later at night when I was in Singapore.

Online shopping is a kill! Spending more money than my usual days before giving birth. Right now, besides reading forums, pumping and watching tv. Occasionally heading out with my mum and my LO.

But I am sure I am going to miss this time when back to work soon.

Online shopping is a kill! Spending more money than my usual days before giving birth. Right now, besides reading forums, pumping and watching tv. Occasionally heading out with my mum and my LO.

But I am sure I am going to miss this time when back to work soon.

I know...same here. I am spending more money on online shopping than those days when I was at work! I am going back to work next week. Hopefully I will get used to it!

Back