Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Prof in the news!!!!
ImageUploadedByForum1437999202.044096.jpg

OK, so finally decided to clear out my "collection" from 2 fresh cycles. Remember this does not include the 30 daily progesterone shots plus hundreds of acupuncture needles. Aiyoh!!! :confused::eek::oops::(

Omg! :eek::eek:Better show them to your hubby to remind him on your sacrifice!

Do you still have any frozen blast if you don't mind sharing? That time you mentioned growing them to blast.

Yes, mine is confirmed on this wed, and need to do the trigger shot tonight, 1.30 am..**yawn**
Not only do you have to trigger at an early hour but also longer fasting since can't eat starting midnight until close to 5 pm...definitely eat a big meal before midnight!

I shall do a proper photo journal the next fresh hehehe

I showed my husband the two photos just now and he went "got so much ah?"

Of course got la!!

This shows how forgetful hubbies can b...sheesh, I shld hav kept my past 8 cycles of jabssss n medssss...n everytime after I created havoc...jus showed him the needles n tabs...tt's the reason y Im a lunatic...:rolleyes::p

But very dangerous for me...Im clumsy...might drop all the needles on myself...I cannt imagine it...really final destination scene alr then...o_O:confused:
for the safety of myself..i shall spare gorillacock

Hey gals,

Jus checking. Anyone here under Dr Chew from NUH? Went for a consultation by him. He said I have a very small polyp 7mm and asked to do hysterscopy to remove it. He also said I have to go through a trial ET prior to the actual ET.

Question

1) is it necessary to do the hysterscopy to remove a small polyp?

2) I have gone through 2 ivfs (1 at Thomson under Dr LSF and 2nd cycle at kkh under Dr Tan HH. Both did not suggest doing trial ET then why need to do under him? I know my uterus is a bit tough to manoeuvre during ET as comfirmed by Dr Loh and Dr Tan but they get it done there and then. They didnt not mention anything about trial ET, not to say need to do it or not. Then this trial i have to pay too?

Hey gals,

Jus checking. Anyone here under Dr Chew from NUH? Went for a consultation by him. He said I have a very small polyp 7mm and asked to do hysterscopy to remove it. He also said I have to go through a trial ET prior to the actual ET.

Question

2) I have gone through 2 ivfs (1 at Thomson under Dr LSF and 2nd cycle at kkh under Dr Tan HH. Both did not suggest doing trial ET then why need to do under him? I know my uterus is a bit tough to manoeuvre during ET as comfirmed by Dr Loh and Dr Tan but they get it done there and then. They didnt not mention anything about trial ET, not to say need to do it or not. Then this trial i have to pay too?
No idea on 2). For 1), u can always seek a second opinion if ur not keen to op. It is a bit small since is less than 1 cm, but the polyp may be in a 'prime ' position in ur womb that obstruct implantation so that maybe the reason he advise removal. U shud ask him if that's the case.

Hey gals,

Question

Sorry I am not the best person to answer your qns, just wanna share some thoughts.
I had a very difficult, long & painful ET for my FET (my fresh was the direct opposite). The ET was so tough that I was glad Prof didn't give up.
I heard that sometimes if ET is not smooth, it stresses the lining & embryos. But it didn't seem to matter in my case as I bfp that cycle.
From my little interactions with Dr Chew, he didn't sound like those who will make a big thing out of small matters (every "complaint" I told him abt my body, he's always quick to say it's normal/ok)
So for Dr Chew to suggest a trial ET for u, he must have his gd reasons. U may wanna ask him again & seek another 2nd opinion.

Sorry I am not the best person to answer your qns, just wanna share some thoughts.
I had a very difficult, long & painful ET for my FET (my fresh was the direct opposite). The ET was so tough that I was glad Prof didn't give up.
I heard that sometimes if ET is not smooth, it stresses the lining & embryos. But it didn't seem to matter in my case as I bfp that cycle.
From my little interactions with Dr Chew, he didn't sound like those who will make a big thing out of small matters (every "complaint" I told him abt my body, he's always quick to say it's normal/ok)
So for Dr Chew to suggest a trial ET for u, he must have his gd reasons. U may wanna ask him again & seek another 2nd opinion.
@remembeRainbow why was your ET difficult? Very curious cos i never see it being discussed here? Is it anatomy issue? My uterus is actually tilted to the back, wonder whether that will make it more difficult to reach...

@remembeRainbow why was your ET difficult? Very curious cos i never see it being discussed here? Is it anatomy issue? My uterus is actually tilted to the back, wonder whether that will make it more difficult to reach...
I have tilted uterus as well. The doctor who did my hsg had a problem inserting the tube. But it doesn't seems to be a problem to dr anu who did my 2 iui and prof who did my et. The process was rather smooth and quick.

Last edited:
Hey gals,

Question

Only had one session with Dr Chew before so I can't say much ...

But generally doctors would not want to have "extra" procedure as much as they can ... so he would have his reasons for suggesting, you would have to ask him specifically what the trial is for, and if it's necessary

If necessary, the cost would be borne by you I'm sure ... but as with any other surgery or procedure, if you don't want it, no doctor can force you to go through it

Do seek another opinion on the trial after you have obtained more info on it?

All the best! :)

I have tilted uterus as well. The doctor who did my hsg had a problem inserting the tube. But it doesn't seems to be a problem to dr anu who did my 2 iui and prof who did my et. The process was rather smooth and quick.
High 5! I don't know anyone else with a tilted uterus except for my mum! My 3 iui and 2 ET also seems ok. But of cos i wouldn't even know if it's difficult becos i hv nothing to compare with! :p

I don't even know what shape is my uterus
:p
If u dont know means its normal lah. During the 70s,80s, my mum was told by doctors that she will hv difficulty conceiving because her uterus is tilted. Turn out she immediately conceived after getting married and went on to hv 2 kids. Doctors nowadays tell me that it doesn't really affect. But i hv a nurse telling me to "do doggy style" if i want a baby!!! hahaha! Something on the angle that sperms will be deposited... :p

If u dont know means its normal lah. During the 70s,80s, my mum was told by doctors that she will hv difficulty conceiving because her uterus is tilted. Turn out she immediately conceived after getting married and went on to hv 2 kids. Doctors nowadays tell me that it doesn't really affect. But i hv a nurse telling me to "do doggy style" if i want a baby!!! hahaha! Something on the angle that sperms will be deposited... :p

I hav a tilted one too...but i cant rem tilted to which direction. .hehehe...i jus rem being told that lifting up my legs n tilting up my butt after BD dun work for me, in fact, is worse for me bcoz mine is tilted....so dun ever do tt...:p

Hey gals,

Question

Hi,

I hav no experience with Dr chew. Im under Dr Anu & Prof. But I suppose expertise direction shld b pretty aligned.

I had 1) done. I was resistant to it n objected to the idea of a hysteroscopy until after 4 aborted cycles due to spotting. I did not want to do it coz my hsg did not show any growth then. Suspected of polyp growth that caused uterine abnormal bleeding. Was told it may affect implantation or pregnancy. Eventually I went for it n removed a 1-2cm polyp. Cost ard 2.5k+
I still had mid cycle spotting but at least I noe I eliminated 1 possible factor tt may hinder a bfp. Is still very up to ur own decision & comfort level.

As for 2), I hav nvr got it done. I did read online that usually it will b done if the doctor wants a good assessment of wat he will b dealing with on actual day itself,esp if patient has a known case. Mayb u shld ask if there's any costs involved for the trial n if u r not comfortable to pay for it, ask if u do not want to proceed, is it ok n wat's the implication or concern.

Last edited:
High 5! I don't know anyone else with a tilted uterus except for my mum! My 3 iui and 2 ET also seems ok. But of cos i wouldn't even know if it's difficult becos i hv nothing to compare with! :p
I used to go massage believing it can help restore my uterus to normal position and I will be able to pregnant naturally o_O and it was painful

Back