Support Group - Endometriosis and Fibroids.

I picked up yoga and tried gluten free diet, iherb does a good selection of gluten free products!

Good luck for your ivf, do let me know how it go!

Anyone seen DR bai from Chung hwa? Share your experience.

Hi ssssh, I have endo and had a lap in 2012. Was under hormones jab for 3 mths and took med to let menses resume. But after 6 months after my menses came back, my cyst grew again. I went to see dr Bai for close to a year. But my cyst still did not go away. :(
and now beside cyst I have hydrosalpinx.
So I have switched to to her tcm.
Actually gynae suggest that I go for another lap to remove/drained tube before proceeding to ivf. As they say ivf success rate will be low due to hydrosalpinx. But I am quite reluctant to go as tcm advise me not to go for another lap as it will affect my egg reserve.

MingKuk,
oh...not all will be suitable for Dr bai medicine. I am trying now. My problem is Fiboids and d & C last 2 mths and cut up some of it. i am having my menses for 2 weeks. gosh,...it is so tiring. Dr bai give me some medicine to stop the flow but somehow it does not stop completely.

BTW, dr Bai is a man.

i dun understand by you switch to her TCM.

MingKuk,
oh...not all will be suitable for Dr bai medicine. I am trying now. My problem is Fiboids and d & C last 2 mths and cut up some of it. i am having my menses for 2 weeks. gosh,...it is so tiring. Dr bai give me some medicine to stop the flow but somehow it does not stop completely.

BTW, dr Bai is a man.

MingKuk,

BTW, dr Bai is a man.

Hi sssh, sorry it's a typo. I mean I switch to another tcm. Ya not everyone suitable. Dr Bai is a nice doc. Hee.

I picked up yoga and tried gluten free diet, iherb does a good selection of gluten free products!

Good luck for your ivf, do let me know how it go!

Yes, what was really helpful was the Yoga therapy classes which I took for almost 6 months and some dietary changes. And we got a miracle baby. May God bless all with a miracle too

after 4 days, my menses stop. Chinese medicine really work that fast.
now i am on medication to tao my body and to shrink the fibroids.
see whether it works. will report here.

Hi all I saw the doc today and took 2nd jab of 3.75 Lucrin depot. Doc advised me to undergo lap surgery to drain my cyst. The bi looped cyst measured around 3.4. It seemed to hv shrunk a little but he said that Lucrin will not shrink it.

Sigh.. I m concerned about my ovarian reserve though he said that draining will not harm it. N that I can commence ivf quickly after surgery.

I m thinking of getting a second opinion and hoping to start my natural cycle ivf without doing anything to the cyst. Of course not sure it that is the right thing to do as I hv had numerous implantation failure.

Does anyone have the same issue as I do?

I have a cyst and just did ivf. The cyst is still there but my ivf is a failure before ET.

Out of 15 eggs, only 1 fertilized normally as of yesterday. Not sure if it will survive as I have to freeze it for a natural cycle next mth due to high progesterone.

Hi all,
Hope all is well... My baby is now going six months:) good luck to those ttc ...

Though I thought after pregnancy, it should help to sorta ease off the endo... my period is back for two months now n I find I am still trying to deal with quite bad cramps... Not sure if this is the norm and if anybody w endo can share post preg experience.. Did your pregnancy help/ cure endo in your case?

Porky pig, pregnancy dun curb menses pain. Sad to say even had cysts to that extend . So not sure whether pregnancy really help. But heavy period sure comes with cramps

Hi,

Well, the annoying thing about endometriosis is that even after removal by lap, can still recur. I removed a very big cyst (16cm) on my right ovary in mid-Mar 2011. After that, whenever I go to my gynae, he scanned me and found out that now there are 2 cysts, a bigger one, about 3 cm on the right ovary, and about 1.5 cm on the left ovary.

My current tcm has managed to increase my AF flow to normal days (7 days including brown spotting as opposed to the 2.5 to 3 days after my blighted ovum last Aug 2014).

Wow 16cm is very big. I have a 6cm cyst already felt my lower stomach protruding. yeah having heavy menses with clots. So pretty frustrating too. Trying to have ways to lower the pain n clots

Hi,

Well, the annoying thing about endometriosis is that even after removal by lap, can still recur. I removed a very big cyst (16cm) on my right ovary in mid-Mar 2011. After that, whenever I go to my gynae, he scanned me and found out that now there are 2 cysts, a bigger one, about 3 cm on the right ovary, and about 1.5 cm on the left ovary.

16cm is big! :-( Did you feel any pain due to the cyst? I now have a cyst that's about 3cm too.

Sunbelle, last time ob always recommend to get pregnant to curb endo ma... Sometimes there is a chance post preg endo will say bye bye forever .. Wondering if that good news had happen to anyone here:)

Seems I have to be bogged down by this my whole life as long as menses is around....I already did two lap.. Wonder how many more I can afford to go for and how many more my body can go thru...

Yes same as you. I have done two laps already. so still trying to look for solution to resolve this issue.sumtimes I wish that my menopause is here earlier. yeah so sort of looking forward to end of menses. hmmhmm

Hi ladies, one of my collic share with me that after drinking hawthorn berries, 山楂 drink , her cyst disappear. But hers is not endometriosis. Was wondering if this will help us endo gals. Anyone of u heard of this remedy?

Hi ladies, one of my collic share with me that after drinking hawthorn berries, 山楂 drink , her cyst disappear. But hers is not endometriosis. Was wondering if this will help us endo gals. Anyone of u heard of this remedy?

Hi mingkuk,

No, I have not heard of this remedy for those of us who are suffering from endo.

16cm is big! :-( Did you feel any pain due to the cyst? I now have a cyst that's about 3cm too.

Hi the_spinsterella,

Yes, that time I often complained of lower back pain. However, my mom and husband know that I am an easy complainer, just a little minor pain, will complain also. So never take any notice of it, until I did the scan for my IUI.

Just to share with gals here, I personally find TCM very effective for cysts. My gynae found 6cm and 4cm cysts in my ovaries on separate occasions and both times, I went to my TCM doc and she managed to shrink my cyst to 1cm for the 6cm cyst within a month by prescribing powdered medication. I was worried that I would need surgery if the cyst grew bigger. A year or so later, when I had another scan, my gynae saw a 4cm cyst in my other ovary. I went back to my TCM and it was gone when I went for follow up scan the following month. My gynae says water cysts sometimes come and go. But I feel that TCM medication definitely helped too. I went to Dr Wu Liping in AMK.

Just to share with gals here, I personally find TCM very effective for cysts. My gynae found 6cm and 4cm cysts in my ovaries on separate occasions and both times, I went to my TCM doc and she managed to shrink my cyst to 1cm for the 6cm cyst within a month by prescribing powdered medication. I was worried that I would need surgery if the cyst grew bigger. A year or so later, when I had another scan, my gynae saw a 4cm cyst in my other ovary. I went back to my TCM and it was gone when I went for follow up scan the following month. My gynae says water cysts sometimes come and go. But I feel that TCM medication definitely helped too. I went to Dr Wu Liping in AMK.

Hi Faith_Lim,

I see. My gynae expected the size of my cysts to grow so he is really surprised that it stays the same throughout the 6 months or so that I have followed up with him. Mine is chocolate cyst (meaning the menstrual blood backflowed during my menses each month). I went to see a tcm the famous old uncle Ban Choon Chan who managed to control the size of my cysts (they remain unchanged). However, I am now no longer with him due to his unethical treatment towards me during my failed pregnancy in mid June this year. Now seeing another tcm in North Bridge Road. He just said that I should have regular follow up with my gynae (now switching to high risk pregnancy and recurrent miscarriages professor Dr Mahesh in his private suite clinic) to make sure that the size of my cysts do not grow bigger.

Hi tryintoconceive2014,
So late still awake just like me? Not good leh. :p yeah, what the North Bridge road TCM advised is very sound. Need to follow up with scans at gynae's while taking TCM too.

I am not so sure about chocolate cysts but I feel u can consider seeing Dr Wu to see if she's confident of treating you for the chocolate cyst? For my case, she told me confidently that her medication works very well for cysts. But I don't know if she meant all cysts or water cysts. It did work for me both times.
I feel that every doctor has different expertise and the way they 用药 and prescribe TCM medications may be slightly different too. Really need to find the right doctor.

Just my 2 cents worth. Do what you feel is best. :)

Hi, do any ladies here experience successful pregnancy even with exisiting fibroids?
i did an open surgery to remove a large one many yrs back before i was married. However, it resulted in a drastic drop in my ovarian reserves.. Now they'r back again..

Hi, do any ladies here experience successful pregnancy even with exisiting fibroids?
i did an open surgery to remove a large one many yrs back before i was married. However, it resulted in a drastic drop in my ovarian reserves.. Now they'r back again..

Hi honeycombi,

Well, my mom conceived me though when she went for scan in Taiwan as my uncle was very ill (near the death stage) at that time, some 39 years ago, that time the dr touched my mom's ovary and discovered 6 fibroids besides it. She did not have any operations, but in the early stage, such as around 6 weeks, she needed to be hospitalized for some time to stabilize the pregnancy; then in the whole of the second trimester, she had to be on bed rest almost strictly as she said that Dr told her or else she would lose me. I was born at 28 weeks pregnancy of my mom, as her waters broke.

Hi tryintoconceive2014,
So late still awake just like me? Not good leh. :p yeah, what the North Bridge road TCM advised is very sound. Need to follow up with scans at gynae's while taking TCM too.

I am not so sure about chocolate cysts but I feel u can consider seeing Dr Wu to see if she's confident of treating you for the chocolate cyst? For my case, she told me confidently that her medication works very well for cysts. But I don't know if she meant all cysts or water cysts. It did work for me both times.
I feel that every doctor has different expertise and the way they 用药 and prescribe TCM medications may be slightly different too. Really need to find the right doctor.

Just my 2 cents worth. Do what you feel is best. :)

Hi Faith_Lim,

Thanks. I agree with what you said, that we must click with the tcm dr that we are seeing. My former university classmates said before when she was trying to conceive as she got irregular menses, her mom recommended her to see the tcm she was seeing; but then just in the first consultation, did not click with her. So she changed to another tcm Dr subsequently.

She's Dr Wu Liping from New Century at Blk 408, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10, #01-789, Singapore 560408. She's at AMK on Sundays and Wednesday mornings. Other days she's at her Tcm clinic in Jurong. Very crowded on Sundays and you need to go early to register. Usually see her once a week or once every 2 weeks.

Hope this helps!

Honeycombi, me! I have 2 pregnancies when I had my fibroids (I think ard 2-3cm). Only removed it when I did D&C for my 3rd pregnancy.

I removed my blood cyst (ard 8cm) 3-4 years before my 1st pregnancy. Not too sure what I did, but my painful menses cramp went away after I delivered my 1st child. I guess the hormonal change is good for my body.

Hi honeycombi,

Well, my mom conceived me though when she went for scan in Taiwan as my uncle was very ill (near the death stage) at that time, some 39 years ago, that time the dr touched my mom's ovary and discovered 6 fibroids besides it. She did not have any operations, but in the early stage, such as around 6 weeks, she needed to be hospitalized for some time to stabilize the pregnancy; then in the whole of the second trimester, she had to be on bed rest almost strictly as she said that Dr told her or else she would lose me. I was born at 28 weeks pregnancy of my mom, as her waters broke.
Thanks @tryingtoconceive2014 for sharing ur mom's story. Looks like it might cause premature labour? My gynae did tell me that the fibroids will grow as the baby grows if im preg, and i might feel discomfort or pain along the way..
The prob is that the fibroids have cause my inability to conceive naturally and ive to go thru the ivf route. I just had an m/c frm my 2nd cycle. Now with these fibroids, dr said ive to wait for another 6mths to continue with next cycle if i decide to remove them. And even if i remove, there's also no gurantee of success in the next round..
Are there any supplements to shrink these fibroids?

Honeycombi, me! I have 2 pregnancies when I had my fibroids (I think ard 2-3cm). Only removed it when I did D&C for my 3rd pregnancy.

I removed my blood cyst (ard 8cm) 3-4 years before my 1st pregnancy. Not too sure what I did, but my painful menses cramp went away after I delivered my 1st child. I guess the hormonal change is good for my body.
Hi @soontobe ! Thanks for sharing. So did you experience discomfort/pain during the pregnancies? Did the fibroids grow thruout the preg?
But i guess it also depends on where the fibroids are located..
Im looking at less invasive ways to at least reduce the sizes. (Mine range frm 2-4cm, a total of 3)

Hi @soontobe ! Thanks for sharing. So did you experience discomfort/pain during the pregnancies? Did the fibroids grow thruout the preg?
But i guess it also depends on where the fibroids are located..
Im looking at less invasive ways to at least reduce the sizes. (Mine range frm 2-4cm, a total of 3)

Honeycombi, no discomfort for both pregnancies and neither did it grow over the years. I had it for 8 years after discovery. Only chose to remove it during my D&C. Strangely, my cyst (I had another 1 but not removed coz it was small so my 1st gynae didn't remove it) aso didn't grow and was only removed at the same time recently too.

I didn't do anything particular..no change of diet..didn't see TCM..so I am unable to pinpoint any possible solution you can look at.

Thanks @tryingtoconceive2014 for sharing ur mom's story. Looks like it might cause premature labour? My gynae did tell me that the fibroids will grow as the baby grows if im preg, and i might feel discomfort or pain along the way..
The prob is that the fibroids have cause my inability to conceive naturally and ive to go thru the ivf route. I just had an m/c frm my 2nd cycle. Now with these fibroids, dr said ive to wait for another 6mths to continue with next cycle if i decide to remove them. And even if i remove, there's also no gurantee of success in the next round..
Are there any supplements to shrink these fibroids?

Hi honeycombi,

The thing is my mom at that time 39 years ago wanted to give birth to me in Taiwan; however, when she checked with the Hong Kong lawyer, they said that I won't get my HK citizenship, so my mom had no choice but to fly back that so very day to Hong Kong. Her gynae. thought that might be the turbulence from the plane that caused my mom's water to break, not necessarily the fibroids that she had.

Hi honeycombi,

The thing is my mom at that time 39 years ago wanted to give birth to me in Taiwan; however, when she checked with the Hong Kong lawyer, they said that I won't get my HK citizenship, so my mom had no choice but to fly back that so very day to Hong Kong. Her gynae. thought that might be the turbulence from the plane that caused my mom's water to break, not necessarily the fibroids that she had.
I see.. Thanks for clarifying! :)

Hi
What are the signs for endometriosis?
Only this month i have lower stomach pain a few days before my period came.
During the period, one of the night i have extreme sharp pain.
I can't eat, feel like throwing out and feel giddy.
Today, my period is finally over but the pain and nausea still there. When i smell food with strong smell, will feel like throwing out.
Are these the signs?
I have not have these problems before.

Hi temjin68,

Unbearable and extremely painful periods can be one of the signs of endometriosis.

However, one of the other signs will be lower back pain, which can be intensified after exercise. I got that before. Only when I went for scan prior to the scheduled SO-IUI did I discover that I had a chocolate cyst about 12cm on the right ovary.

I did occasionally feel nausea, but never really threw up unless I ate something wrong and never have any giddiness at all.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014
I have not throw out yet too. Lower back has some ache but bearable.

However, i can't really eat a few days and during the menses period. No strength and feel weak.

All these just came suddenly. So worry and scare that i have some terrible condition.

Will the pain continue to be there after the period? Just mild pain.

Last edited:
hi everyone, i was diagnosed with endo and bilateral chocolate cysts that are small (2 of them around 2cm) and adenomyosis, been ttc with active charting with opk etc but to no avail. gynae suggested laprascopy to remove the cysts but also told me if i wanted to go ahead with iui without removal its possible. would like to seek your advise on whether i should go for surgery first to ensure the conditions are successful for iui or just go ahead without. also, any experience if so-iui would be better in this case rather than iui? does going to tcm at the same time help?

Hi Coppergold,
May i ask. What make you to go to gynae and not GP for check up?
I don't know if my problem is a women problem or other health issue.
Don't know if i should go to gynae or GP.

So worry now.

hi everyone, i was diagnosed with endo and bilateral chocolate cysts that are small (2 of them around 2cm) and adenomyosis, been ttc with active charting with opk etc but to no avail. gynae suggested laprascopy to remove the cysts but also told me if i wanted to go ahead with iui without removal its possible. would like to seek your advise on whether i should go for surgery first to ensure the conditions are successful for iui or just go ahead without. also, any experience if so-iui would be better in this case rather than iui? does going to tcm at the same time help?

Ovarian resserve and Age is also a factor. Where is ur cyst? If it's in the ovary, the lap would cause some eggs to be removed too. Plus you need time to recover.

It depends on yourself also. I have both endo and adeno. I have a cyst in my ovary too. However, my gynae proceeded with ivf while monitoring the cyst. I'm nowin my 2ww after my frozen embryo transfer. But yah I'm quite worried thinking abt the effect the cyst may have. Plus my egg quality was not good also. I retrieved 14 but only 1 was normally fertilized.

hi temjin68, i went to gynae cos i was ttc, the cysts were detected during the hsg.

the_spinsterella, did you try iui or did your gynae suggest ivf straight away? - all the best to you! i did amh to check reserves, seems normal

im more worried about the "toxins" released by the surrounding adhesions which are present in endometriosis as it is said that this prevents fertilization in the first place as sperms are killed even before they reach the egg. im wondering if lap can even remove these tissues, and if anyone with mild-mod endo managed to get pregnant easily without removing their cysts

also, for those that went thru lap, and are trying ttc, is it an absolute must to be on hormonal injections/ contraceptives? as i would want to go iui straight away. i understand clomid etc might make endo lesions worse.

hi temjin68, i went to gynae cos i was ttc, the cysts were detected during the hsg.

the_spinsterella, did you try iui or did your gynae suggest ivf straight away? - all the best to you! i did amh to check reserves, seems normal

im more worried about the "toxins" released by the surrounding adhesions which are present in endometriosis as it is said that this prevents fertilization in the first place as sperms are killed even before they reach the egg. im wondering if lap can even remove these tissues, and if anyone with mild-mod endo managed to get pregnant easily without removing their cysts

also, for those that went thru lap, and are trying ttc, is it an absolute must to be on hormonal injections/ contraceptives? as i would want to go iui straight away. i understand clomid etc might make endo lesions worse.

Ive tried IUI once before but it was unsuccessful. That was a few months after I did my second lap.

I tried clomid a few times but it didn't affect my endo.

I changed gynae and wanted to do IVF plus I have severe endo so my dr recommended IVF too. But I had the long protocol where I have the Lucrin injections for about 6 weeks I think. And simultaneously while stimulating. Dr said with endo, IVF is better.

Hi
What are the signs for endometriosis?
Only this month i have lower stomach pain a few days before my period came.
During the period, one of the night i have extreme sharp pain.
I can't eat, feel like throwing out and feel giddy.
Today, my period is finally over but the pain and nausea still there. When i smell food with strong smell, will feel like throwing out.
Are these the signs?
I have not have these problems before.

It depends. I have endo and normally I have very bad cramps and nausea. Sometimes I vomitted also. I will be sensitive to smell. But that doesn't necessarily mean you have endo. Perhaps it's just a bad month?

I know ppl with such bad periods but with no endo also.

If you are scared, can always go to the gynae. You'll prolly have to do ultrasound scans and HSGs etc.

Back