MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

@joshua Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear about your bad experience at MEN. I thought your boys can apply for medishield insurance to cover some of the NICU charges? Good thing that your babies don't have to stay long and are back home already.

@joshua Thanks for sharing your story and cost. Hope your babies are progressing well at home now with mummy.

My experience with private hospitals is that they will usually charge more deposit than the final bill during admission. This is so to protect the hospital in case of default payment. The excess payment will only be refunded after about a month via cheque payment.

The only exception I experienced was when my doctor took longer than expected to complete the surgery due to complications. For that, the deposit was way below the final bill.

I also one of my twins -smaller one was IUGR some growth restriction thingy..i also needed weekly checkups towards the end and in the middle part tri2 my placenta to my that twin who is smaller has some blood flow restrictions aka notch..try to rest more put feet up and try to eat more protein foods now to bulk up weight, u can try asking ur gynae if he suggest any steriods jabs to mature bbs lungs

Gyane checked and advised that the blood flow for my girl looks normal from the scan... hence could be due to virus or poor placenta quality.... alrdy on steriods due to my current medical conditions....i really hope both of them can reach min 2kg weight during delivery... and no other health implications... praying hard..

Gyane checked and advised that the blood flow for my girl looks normal from the scan... hence could be due to virus or poor placenta quality.... alrdy on steriods due to my current medical conditions....i really hope both of them can reach min 2kg weight during delivery... and no other health implications... praying hard..
@Lambi steriods jabs are to be jabbed before delivery ya? or isit a on-going jabs to be taken?

have to think positive ok girl..jiayou! Yes steriods jabs taken before delivery..there is a 2 dose jab thingy..i was given the first dose think early morning then the 2nd dose later in the day...but talking abt it.. i duno if there is a direct link between getting the jab and early delivery not..co i took the jab and then bam..my water broke just a day or so after..

Gal not discharged yet. Last Friday they found blood streaks in her stools so put her on drip again without milk and did several tests. Nothing wrong with the tests so the doctor suspect is allergy to cow milk... So now I need to pump pump pump and channel all my breastmilk to her.

How much milk were your babies drinking at 2 weeks old?
hopefully ur darling will get to discharge soon ok..my bigger twin (meimei) drank about 60ml while smaller twin korkor 50ml @ 2 weeks..but sometimes they might have days of +-10ml less/more milk

hopefully ur darling will get to discharge soon ok..my bigger twin (meimei) drank about 60ml while smaller twin korkor 50ml @ 2 weeks..but sometimes they might have days of +-10ml less/more milk
Thanks Lambi.
Yes she was discharged last Thursday. Her tests came back negative so the doctor suspect she's allergy to cow's milk. So they got a dietitician to talk to me to avoid all dairy products in my diet. So now she's 100% on ebm. I feel so sorry that I'm unable to give ebm to both twin. The other twin only gets ebm for 1 or 2 feeds.

Thanks Lambi.
Yes she was discharged last Thursday. Her tests came back negative so the doctor suspect she's allergy to cow's milk. So they got a dietitician to talk to me to avoid all dairy products in my diet. So now she's 100% on ebm. I feel so sorry that I'm unable to give ebm to both twin. The other twin only gets ebm for 1 or 2 feeds.
don't be so hard on yourself..i also one on FM and the other on EMB and sometimes FM if I dun hv supply..your family got dairy allergic history ma?

Any mummies here engage 2 maids to take care of 2 newborns or more newborns plus toddler? Can share yr maid time table if u have one?

Any mummies here engage 2 maids to take care of 2 newborns or more newborns plus toddler? Can share yr maid time table if u have one?
I also have same question. Now I've one maid and one confinement nanny. But after nanny is gone, I'm not sure how to manage as I will be going back to work after maternity leave. Thinking if getting another maid but dunno how to segregate duties and responsibilities among the maids.

U hv any other assistance at home? I hv my mum and dad but they only oversee (can't do active take care of babies). Plus I wan to bf so I foresee will be v tough esp I get home fr work will be ard 730 to 8pm and leave house from 730-8am.

Wondering shld I have maid a for hsework/ cooking/ laundry and care for my toddler plus a maid b for twins infants including night feeds. Or should both be alternated these duties between Mon to Sun?

U hv any other assistance at home? I hv my mum and dad but they only oversee (can't do active take care of babies). Plus I wan to bf so I foresee will be v tough esp I get home fr work will be ard 730 to 8pm and leave house from 730-8am.

Wondering shld I have maid a for hsework/ cooking/ laundry and care for my toddler plus a maid b for twins infants including night feeds. Or should both be alternated these duties between Mon to Sun?

My mom. I think need 3 persons to manage. I have an elder daughter too but she goes to childcare. I pump every 3 hours, even during the nights, so quite difficult for me to take care of them at night. I think better to have a maid do housework and a maid to take care of twins. Like that clearer. But then, one person take care of both twins at night also very siong... Because both twins may demand attention at the same time. So I will probably take care of one and the maid take care of the other.

Im currently take care of e twins at night n very tiring as both din want to sleep. Endless feeding, change diapers, burping n carrying. My back going to break soon. My maid help me during the day. Once im back to work, both will b at infant care n my maid will do e nite duty as she can rest during the day

Im currently take care of e twins at night n very tiring as both din want to sleep. Endless feeding, change diapers, burping n carrying. My back going to break soon. My maid help me during the day. Once im back to work, both will b at infant care n my maid will do e nite duty as she can rest during the day
I'm amazed... How do you manage to take care of both at night?

Sorry, clicked reply before finishing.

My confinement nanny looks so tired taking care of both twins at night. Sometimes both doesn't want to sleep and are crying and needs carrying. How do you handle situations like this? Also, I'm not sure how to take care of them and pump at the same time.

Very tiring. First nite after my cl left, both were so cranky n i really break down n cry. Second nite they r much better. I keep the room at minimum light n tell them nite time, time to sleep. I let them sleep on tummy as well. E most headache n tiring is when they vomit n hv to change them. I put bouncer in the room. So if both cries, i will put one on bouncer n carry the other. After settle down, pacify e one in bouncer. Must remain very calm n i will keep on talking to them. I try to sleep earlier when they are asleep. My bm has been on e low side. To keep myself sane, i will just pump when i can. Like now after both settled, i pump. But i think very soon my pumping career will b over soon. But for me parenting is More than just give bm.

Ellesie
Thanks for sharing your experience. Sounds really tough.. Well done mommy! Hope the routine gets better as they get older.

MY EDD is 14 Oct! it is like a milestone every week!

:) are you a mini whale now ? haha
Haha.. yes!!! Hopefully can carry till week 37. Now easily breathless and colleagues all commented that tummy looks pretty big already. I guess we look like mummies who are about to give birth?

Haha.. yes!!! Hopefully can carry till week 37. Now easily breathless and colleagues all commented that tummy looks pretty big already. I guess we look like mummies who are about to give birth?
is oct 15 your week 40? my gynae gave me EDD as Week 40 but my friend's gynae gave her EDD for twins as week 37.

is oct 15 your week 40? my gynae gave me EDD as Week 40 but my friend's gynae gave her EDD for twins as week 37.
Ya, Oct 15 is my week 40 but doctor told me twins usually earlier. So he targeting end September or early October. Babies seem to be low.. since yesterday I experienced some tingling effect at abdomen area. Wearing pants also very uncomfortable. But week 28 only. :(

Ya, Oct 15 is my week 40 but doctor told me twins usually earlier. So he targeting end September or early October. Babies seem to be low.. since yesterday I experienced some tingling effect at abdomen area. Wearing pants also very uncomfortable. But week 28 only. :(

are you wearing maternity belt and how much weight have you gained?

i am starting maternity belt soon and hopefully to manage the weight and stress on my back.

my T1 is a bit low but my T2 is ok. lets not stress ourselves with the thoughts :)

are you wearing maternity belt and how much weight have you gained?

i am starting maternity belt soon and hopefully to manage the weight and stress on my back.

my T1 is a bit low but my T2 is ok. lets not stress ourselves with the thoughts :)
No.. I haven't been putting on maternity belt and I don't have one too. The last time I weight, my gain was 10kg but now maybe 12kg already. I stop weighing because it's so depressing. Haha. Never in my life that I am seeing this kinda weight. Lol. How about u?

No.. I haven't been putting on maternity belt and I don't have one too. The last time I weight, my gain was 10kg but now maybe 12kg already. I stop weighing because it's so depressing. Haha. Never in my life that I am seeing this kinda weight. Lol. How about u?
i am slightly luckier, or yet to come. i put on 4.5kg to date and the twins are weighing abt 3kg in total now.
let me try on my maternity belt and review if it helps.. :) then you can decide if you want to get 1. i got mine from motherworks.

i am slightly luckier, or yet to come. i put on 4.5kg to date and the twins are weighing abt 3kg in total now.
let me try on my maternity belt and review if it helps.. :) then you can decide if you want to get 1. i got mine from motherworks.
Omg.. that means u literally never gain any weight.. how did u do that? Is urs identical or fraternal ?

Am thinking of getting second maid too. I have a 2.5 year old son and now twin girls 3mth old. I'm currently full time sahm as my parents are working full time and we try not to rely on my in laws and parenta to help. But it's really stressful to take care of 3 kids even with 1 maid.

Currently I do all the night feeds because maid takes care of my son at night and hubby never wakes up when the babies cry (like immune to crying :0) if can get 3hrs sleep in total very good Liao. Day time also can't really rest because got to entertain my son and both girls need help to nap, so must hold to nap. Really tiring.

Thinking of getting second maid so can help with household cores and the girls during the day time so i can rest. :( will probably still do night feeds myself because hear many horror stories about maids getting upset with babies at night :s

True- I'm amazed at yr maid taking care of yr twins n the older kid! If it was me, I would have quitted unless they are my own kids!

When maids are frustrated they also tend to vent on the kids.. Plus if ur hubby is hands off type or if u hv no other additional help, then no choice I think maid no 2 is really necessary.

She take care of one twin and I take care of the other and poor son has to make do with limited attention.

Hubby needs to work, so he only helps on weekend night feeds. Now just hoping can get a good second maid :x

fraternal twin boys :)
i am eating quite a lot already... that is why i said, maybe not yet :)
My diet is quite the same as what i take before I got pregnant.. but still.... mine is fraternal girls. Haha. I was consoling myself that because i have two placenta, two water bags, hence I'm heavier. Lol

My diet is quite the same as what i take before I got pregnant.. but still.... mine is fraternal girls. Haha. I was consoling myself that because i have two placenta, two water bags, hence I'm heavier. Lol
When are you going for gynae check ? Can't wait to see their weight ! My check is next week :) and my gd test is also next week ...

When are you going for gynae check ? Can't wait to see their weight ! My check is next week :) and my gd test is also next week ...
Mine is this Friday. Which gyane/hospital are u with? My gynae didn't schedule me for GD test.. The one that need to take a very sweet drink. He only mention a blood test this week for the same because I told him I had durian every week.

Mine is this Friday. Which gyane/hospital are u with? My gynae didn't schedule me for GD test.. The one that need to take a very sweet drink. He only mention a blood test this week for the same because I told him I had durian every week.
i am with SGH. my gynae's check is on coming monday, GD test on sat!
stress abt my GD test as my urine test always shows traces of glucose, sigh..

i am with SGH. my gynae's check is on coming monday, GD test on sat!
stress abt my GD test as my urine test always shows traces of glucose, sigh..
Doc only did the finger prick test for diabetes. He only mention that the reading is normal. Phew~~ babies are 1.4kg and 1.3kg respectively. And I gained 14kg. Argh..... :( doctor also scheduled me for a growth scan to ensure blood flow to placenta are OK on 21 Aug. Good luck for ur GD test too!!

my back also breaking!

the rest of ladies here..rest and sleep more if u can now else when bbs come next time will be very sleep deprived

Hi to all mummies and mummies-to-be!

Had a question to ask..
I'm now week13 with twins (thru ivf) but my weight had not gain for past 12weeks or so.

I suppose weight gain will come soon in 2nd tri??

Thanks!

Faithbb, as long as bbs are growing, dun worry about weight gain. I only started to gain weight on 2nd tri but very slow. Only on 3rd tri, the weight gain is more.

Faithbb, as long as bbs are growing, dun worry about weight gain. I only started to gain weight on 2nd tri but very slow. Only on 3rd tri, the weight gain is more.
Thanks, ellesie!

Was abit concerned but now feel better after what you said. :)

Doc only did the finger prick test for diabetes. He only mention that the reading is normal. Phew~~ babies are 1.4kg and 1.3kg respectively. And I gained 14kg. Argh..... :( doctor also scheduled me for a growth scan to ensure blood flow to placenta are OK on 21 Aug. Good luck for ur GD test too!!
my babies are 1.3kg and 1.4kg respectively as well!
:)

Mummies... Can I just check w u all...
Before u bf ur twins, do u need to clean / wipe ur nipples with anything?

Back