(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Every time I latch bb, she only suckles for about 10mins, never more than 15mins. After 8-10mins, She will let go and refuse to suck even I push nipple into her mouth.

Same here. My boy also refused to suck after awhile. I think he gets tired after sucking for about 10-15mins compared to drinking from bottle.

How now? Guess if nv c means gone liao.. The more u c, all the more cant find. Let it go...x2. Hehe

Mummies who latch bb, how long does bb drink??

Usually 10-15mins only...but has been nursing on demand...so tiring. The only time she dun cry was during latching...dunno why liddat..sigh..

More like can't wait to put her in infant care liao... >_<

Ohh seems normal den.. Cos my lo also + / - 10mins.. Wonder if he drink enuff, but boobs did get soft n not empty..
Bb latch longer at night before bedtime right?
i now thinking if go work, will bb fuss without latching.... Now i also stop him tking pacifier. Duno if its for the gd or bad :rolleyes:

IFC is full ah~ I wanted to send bb to IFC from 2months old, but all Punggol IFC r full ! Even waiting list also very very long.

IFC is full ah~ I wanted to send bb to IFC from 2months old, but all Punggol IFC r full ! Even waiting list also very very long.
Punggol area a lot of young families so very hot cakes. I find a lot around west area also waiting list very long. Booked when I'm 4mths pregnant. Even then it was full full full! If u don't mind paying more then can go for private ones or higher end ones. Some no waiting list.

Ohh seems normal den.. Cos my lo also + / - 10mins.. Wonder if he drink enuff, but boobs did get soft n not empty..
Bb latch longer at night before bedtime right?
i now thinking if go work, will bb fuss without latching.... Now i also stop him tking pacifier. Duno if its for the gd or bad :rolleyes:
I no longer latch my LO. She impatience, prefer bottle feed cos drink faster. My flow is slow.

Going back work in 2 weeks time but LO seems very attached to me. My mum say my bb always looking for me and fuss when I'm not around. Even my hb say when he carry her, her eyes is looking for me. When I carry her, she will stop crying. Hb say he decided for me to stay at home and dun go back work till LO is 6mos. Best part, my LO refuse to drink FM. She rather go hungry and dun drink the FM lo. Keep crying till give her BM.
But if I go back work, dun think got time to pump. I oso worry abt my work if I take leave till bb 6mos. At my age with no qualification, difficult to find job. :(
Somemore... New house coming in Aug/Sept. Haiz.... Dilemma!

How now? Guess if nv c means gone liao.. The more u c, all the more cant find. Let it go...x2. Hehe

Mine also latch 10-15 mins. Sometimes she seems enough and can last for 3 hrs but sometimes she wants to drink after an hour. So not sure when Is enough.

I no longer latch my LO. She impatience, prefer bottle feed cos drink faster. My flow is slow.

Going back work in 2 weeks time but LO seems very attached to me. My mum say my bb always looking for me and fuss when I'm not around. Even my hb say when he carry her, her eyes is looking for me. When I carry her, she will stop crying. Hb say he decided for me to stay at home and dun go back work till LO is 6mos. Best part, my LO refuse to drink FM. She rather go hungry and dun drink the FM lo. Keep crying till give her BM.
But if I go back work, dun think got time to pump. I oso worry abt my work if I take leave till bb 6mos. At my age with no qualification, difficult to find job. :(
Somemore... New house coming in Aug/Sept. Haiz.... Dilemma!

If ur work able to let u extend another 2mth y not? By den bb bigger easier to tk care, n ur routine more established.how i wish i can extend.. Lol.
Anw, like tat all the more u shld latch since she only wants bm! N at same time can increase supply ma. Wah new hse? As in ur 2nd house....? Again need money for reno!!

@happy08 tats y i aso confuse if wan feed anot. Today i eat ice cream den latch he merlion 2x str8 & came out from nose. Den after 6hrs again latch vomit... Sigh~

Punggol area a lot of young families so very hot cakes. I find a lot around west area also waiting list very long. Booked when I'm 4mths pregnant. Even then it was full full full! If u don't mind paying more then can go for private ones or higher end ones. Some no waiting list.
Private ifc will no gov subsidies right?
Wah, 4mth pregnant registered liao? That means I am too late already, bb 2mths old then start to look for ifc, too late......
I got to continue bring bb to office everyday, till I can have the luck to find a ifc.
I have done online register with 5 ifc at Punggol, no one call me back. :(

Wah, 4mth pregnant registered liao? That means I am too late already, bb 2mths old then start to look for ifc, too late......
I got to continue bring bb to office everyday, till I can have the luck to find a ifc.

@MTB-2015 Private ifc only has working mum subsidy, i.e. $600 only. Need to produce letter of employment from your hr...

Bb went for 6 in 1 jab at pd ytd afternoon. Cranky after the jab. Just want to check if all bb will hv fever after the jab? How soon will it surface n how long will it last?

Bb went for 6 in 1 jab at pd ytd afternoon. Cranky after the jab. Just want to check if all bb will hv fever after the jab? How soon will it surface n how long will it last?
My bb also went for 6 in 1 jab last week. Only cranky for a while after jab. PD said if got fever would be on the day he was getting jab or the next day. My bb has no fever at all.

I thot 6 in 1 only available when bb 6 mths old? Was told will hv fever after jab..

I thot 6 in 1 only available when bb 6 mths old? Was told will hv fever after jab..
My bb going to take her first vaccine since shes discharged tmr... Aka the hep B second vaccine. When shld she take the 6-in-1? 5th month? :)

@MTB-2015 Private ifc only has working mum subsidy, i.e. $600 only. Need to produce letter of employment from your hr...
We are gna place girl at cherie hearts and i have asked hr to help verify my employment status for the $600. Remaining amt is ard $680.. How much is the fees at Pcf sparkletots etc? :) We are lucky in the sense there are only 6 babies including ours in the centre thus far w no waiting list..

My bb going to take her first vaccine since shes discharged tmr... Aka the hep B second vaccine. When shld she take the 6-in-1? 5th month? :)

We are gna place girl at cherie hearts and i have asked hr to help verify my employment status for the $600. Remaining amt is ard $680.. How much is the fees at Pcf sparkletots etc? :) We are lucky in the sense there are only 6 babies including ours in the centre thus far w no waiting list..

For infant care shld b more ex right? My kids each $320 +/- per mth.
After hep B, next jab if u intend to add rotavirus (optional) in, can take tgt. But mus let the doc know cos got a min & max cut off age fr the rotavirus..

Nope, i rem some1 share is cos will end at 6mth old instead of 18mths (5in 1). Something liddat....the healthbooklet got state or show..

Mummies, jus to share i bought this bb holey top at uniqlo, i think offer $8.90 - $12.90 for 2 or 3 pc, i forgot. But its very comfy n cooling for day use..
Totally agree... The holely ones are just perfect for the weather now.

If baby has phlegm (but no runny nose or cough and breathing seems ok), how to reduce/get rid of the phlegm? My mom says it is because the formula is heaty... Even doctor says it is probably cos there is some formula stuck at the back of the throat and causes the phlegm.

My husband said maybe should give a bit of water after feeding to flush the formula residue down. Baby is on half BM half formula btw.

I am trying my best to give her total BM as far as possible so pumping like mad, every 1-2h... Haiz....

Tried to also pat her back, pat her chest... No use lei.

I know safra Toa Payoh has an infant care. Checked two months ago and they have space... U can try. I forgot the name of the IFC though.

Not sure on Pcf sparkletots.. I guess it should be less than 1k... My girl is gg to montessori and price went up to 1.8k now..before subsidy. That time for my #1, it was 1.6k...guess it's not easy to find cc teachers nowadays... :(

Now shorter, about 10 min each breast. More than that think bb only look for comfort i guess. So I will pull off , I also have no exclusive time for bb now. Start work n need to rest myself oso.

If baby has phlegm (but no runny nose or cough and breathing seems ok), how to reduce/get rid of the phlegm? My mom says it is because the formula is heaty... Even doctor says it is probably cos there is some formula stuck at the back of the throat and causes the phlegm.

My husband said maybe should give a bit of water after feeding to flush the formula residue down. Baby is on half BM half formula btw.

I am trying my best to give her total BM as far as possible so pumping like mad, every 1-2h... Haiz....

Tried to also pat her back, pat her chest... No use lei.
What fm brand u give to bb? Perhaps u can try to dilute fm a little bit with more water? If still not works change fm brand?

What fm brand u give to bb? Perhaps u can try to dilute fm a little bit with more water? If still not works change fm brand?
Similac. I heard this brand quite heaty but what to do, we already bought a few tins so got to finish first. Any brand to recommend? :)
Thanks for ur reply!

Not sure on Pcf sparkletots.. I guess it should be less than 1k... My girl is gg to montessori and price went up to 1.8k now..before subsidy. That time for my #1, it was 1.6k...guess it's not easy to find cc teachers nowadays... :(
Ahhh. Cherie hearts is cheaper. Before subsidies its around $1400. There's actually additional subsidies other than working mother $600 subsidies. Must see if your total income exceeds $7.5k.. We placing her at cherie hearts cos just beside hubby's workplace wor.

Similac. I heard this brand quite heaty but what to do, we already bought a few tins so got to finish first. Any brand to recommend? :)
Thanks for ur reply!

My boy taking enfamil, but still heaty i feel. Cos his poop quite hard n he really hv to gek everytime he poops :(

I think another mommy shared this b4. Wat r e ways to soften his stools?

If ur work able to let u extend another 2mth y not? By den bb bigger easier to tk care, n ur routine more established.how i wish i can extend.. Lol.
Anw, like tat all the more u shld latch since she only wants bm! N at same time can increase supply ma. Wah new hse? As in ur 2nd house....? Again need money for reno!!

@happy08 tats y i aso confuse if wan feed anot. Today i eat ice cream den latch he merlion 2x str8 & came out from nose. Den after 6hrs again latch vomit... Sigh~

Oh dear. Is he better now? Lactose intolerance?

My boy taking enfamil, but still heaty i feel. Cos his poop quite hard n he really hv to gek everytime he poops :(

I think another mommy shared this b4. Wat r e ways to soften his stools?
My boy taking similac. Normally I will add a bit of water to dilute the milk. So if for example 60 ml of water for 1 spoon, I will add about 70 ml of water instead. So far so good.

@hi_mei, MTB-2015 i have friends whose kid r in there at tpy safra. I heard alot of times were short of teachers tat y lots of parent pull out the kids, not sure how it is now. But i like private schools cos got indoor playground which i feel hygiene wise is better.. But over budget. Lol. Heard from my bestie Pcf by right shld be ard $1k, after subsidy ard $600, but very hard to get slots now. Serangoon north also haf couple of private schools with slots which my friend manage to find, aso ard $1.6k before subsidy..

Oh dear. Is he better now? Lactose intolerance?

I everyday drink meiji seems alright, only ice cream like dat! Stress... He had 2x diarrhoea very wet kind so will monitor lor. :( koi n coffee seems alright so far...
If really lactose intolerance any idea what to avoid or food to take to improve the bm?

Ladies. Any mommy taking care of baby alone? I find it tedious to take care of my lo. Esp she can't be left alone..or she will keep crying for me. Have to sneak out only when she is sound asleep to go toilet, have my meals and do housework chores. How do u ladies manage? I have been the main caregiver for 2 weeks and I still can't find the tempo.

My boy is 2 mths plus. This 6 in 1 is meant for 2 mths baby. Not sure is it diff if u go pd or policlinic. My pd said is 6 in 1 leh.
is private PD and polyclinic vaccinations schedule different? cos poly suggested 3 in 1 during 6th mth. saw this frm a motherhood magazine as well.

is private PD and polyclinic vaccinations schedule different? cos poly suggested 3 in 1 during 6th mth. saw this frm a motherhood magazine as well.

Attachments

• 1436336269157.jpg
    1436336269157.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 197
@hi_mei, MTB-2015 i have friends whose kid r in there at tpy safra. I heard alot of times were short of teachers tat y lots of parent pull out the kids, not sure how it is now. But i like private schools cos got indoor playground which i feel hygiene wise is better.. But over budget. Lol. Heard from my bestie Pcf by right shld be ard $1k, after subsidy ard $600, but very hard to get slots now. Serangoon north also haf couple of private schools with slots which my friend manage to find, aso ard $1.6k before subsidy..

I everyday drink meiji seems alright, only ice cream like dat! Stress... He had 2x diarrhoea very wet kind so will monitor lor. :( koi n coffee seems alright so far...
If really lactose intolerance any idea what to avoid or food to take to improve the bm?

Not sure what good to avoid. Hmm maybe some other ingredients in the ice cream. Have to monitor.

Ladies. Any mommy taking care of baby alone? I find it tedious to take care of my lo. Esp she can't be left alone..or she will keep crying for me. Have to sneak out only when she is sound asleep to go toilet, have my meals and do housework chores. How do u ladies manage? I have been the main caregiver for 2 weeks and I still can't find the tempo.
Tell me about it :rolleyes: mine same... basically can't do much. But for toilet, u hv to go means hv to go. Let bb cry lor.. den come back real fast to pat pat. I waited for my hubby to come back from work so I can shower. Sometimes.. no choice.. hv to leave bb cry awhile.. else totally can't do a single thing.

Tell me about it :rolleyes: mine same... basically can't do much. But for toilet, u hv to go means hv to go. Let bb cry lor.. den come back real fast to pat pat. I waited for my hubby to come back from work so I can shower. Sometimes.. no choice.. hv to leave bb cry awhile.. else totally can't do a single thing.

Same here...every weekday is just me and LO...before she wakes up super alert in the morning, i will quickly eat my tingkat lunch (10.30am!), do laundry, tidy up the home (#1 usually place her toys all over the tv console), prep ingredients for dinner cooking.
Juz like @jjmom said...juz go toilet lor..bo bian de even if LO cries. Sometimes if I'm lucky...LO sound asleep...i quickly get my afternoon quick shower, else...wait for hub to be home to have my night long shower...

Yup same as wat @jjmom says, sometimes gotta let bb cry for awhile. Somemore mine feeds <3hrly, n may need to carry him walk ard so he can sleep. Siong. But prioritising is e key. For me i leave household chores last so i can get some rest; bottles accumulate a few then wash tog; no need to bathe till hubby comes back lol; meals r those simple to prepare like heat up frozen stuff or leftovers.

Its not easy doing all these alone, n there will be good days where bb sleeps alot or bad days when bb is cranky all day. Hang in there, things will get better once bb sleeps thru e nite, or ur body adjusts to lack of sleep. Or invest in a coffee machine haha! Jiayou!

Hi ladies, any of your lo has acid reflux? My 7wo lo tends to arch his back and struggles violently halfway through his feed. PD has prescribed Zantac and Motillum to reduce the acid and prevent the vomiting but I am concerned about letting him take meds at such a young age. I also burp him halfway through the feed (but he gets damn angry), hold him upright for at least 15min after every feed and finally also lay him on a special incline mattress to prevent him from throwing up. However, I noticed that when I cut his meds, his reflux happened again. Any of the mummies here have any other natural remedies to cure reflux? Or I just have to take the meds and wait it out till he starts taking solids? It's heartbreaking to see him struggle and cry at every feed as he looks like he wants to drink more but the acid is preventing him from doing so. Thank you!

Yeah i was informed that 6in1 jab is when baby 6 mnts. 1st mnth is hep b 2nd dose and 3rd month will be 5in1 jab. I'm so confuse why a lot of mummies here already go for 6 in 1 jab when baby 2 mnths. Maybe different from polyclinic?

My boy taking similac. Normally I will add a bit of water to dilute the milk. So if for example 60 ml of water for 1 spoon, I will add about 70 ml of water instead. So far so good.

Im also diluting his milk, but maybe enfa doesnt suit him. Sighs. Shall observe and see how, maybe need to change.

Yeah i was informed that 6in1 jab is when baby 6 mnts. 1st mnth is hep b 2nd dose and 3rd month will be 5in1 jab. I'm so confuse why a lot of mummies here already go for 6 in 1 jab when baby 2 mnths. Maybe different from polyclinic?

My pd does hv a diff schedule frm e polyclinic. So if i use her vaccination package, 6in1 will be in e 2nd mth.

60ml for 1 spoon? I thought 30ml for 1 spoon leh. So which is right?

@cynn04 perhaps u change brand? My girl taking Enfamil and poop it's fine. Just that sometimes skip a day or two then massive poop but poop are soft.

Me too taking care of her alone. She wants to be carried and walk around. Recently bought Yao lan for her and don't have to be carried always. But must keep shaking when she's awake. Still cannot do things cos must be station there to shake. But at least no need to carry and walk around. So afraid she will rely on it. But she can fall asleep on her own in her cot at night,not in the day. Very weird. Don't know what's wrong.

I also let her cry when I need to do things or go toilet longer. No choice lor. Sigh. My LO sometimes sleep well at night and sometimes refuse to sleep and cranky. Any mummies experiencing the same?

Back